PDA

View Full Version : Lennon - 6 match ban

sunshine1875
11-01-2011, 06:19 PM
"We are very surprised and extremely disappointed," said Celtic, who will appeal the new sanctions.
"We believe the punishment is excessive and unprecedented for a first offence."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9358188.stm

ancient hibee
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Can I be first

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

down-the-slope
11-01-2011, 06:23 PM
is this a brave new dawn or a day of multiple cock ups ..

First the OF drawn together and then Lenny gets given a proper slap down :greengrin

greenlex
11-01-2011, 06:24 PM
if you actually watch the footage of the incident and immediate aftermath they really have a barefaced cheek actually appealing in the first place. If they appeal again I hope they treble the punishment again. His behaviour was unacceptable and I just watched the scandanavian coach whos name escapes me justifying it by saying its how he is and should be expected or something along those lines. He reckons Lennon is at his best when he is like that.:confused:

Hibs Class
11-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Seems fair to me. I like the way the English can increase bans if they think an appeal is frivolous and I think celtic only appealed here to pander to their support. I hope if they appeal again it will be increased again.

ancient hibee
11-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I know it's a long time ago but when England scored the 4th goal in the World Cup final their trainer jumped to his feet-Alf Ramsay told him to sit down.

Alex Trager
11-01-2011, 06:28 PM
I know it's a long time ago but when England scored the 4th goal in the World Cup final their trainer jumped to his feet-Alf Ramsay told him to sit down.

hibee92
11-01-2011, 06:31 PM

and eduardo hurtado left us to sign for barcelona :agree:

nortonhibby
11-01-2011, 06:34 PM

Thats class if you watched both Lennon and Mcoist jumping up and down like a pair off baboons with tooth ache at the last old firm game making total fools off themselves in the dugouts if even so much as a throw in on the half way line went against them the way the reacted it was like they had lost a goal.
Total clowns both of them and Lennon can go and sit in the stand out of sight because his face winds everyone up

jdships
11-01-2011, 06:37 PM
if you actually watch the footage of the incident and immediate aftermath they really have a barefaced cheek actually appealing in the first place. If they appeal again I hope they treble the punishment again. His behaviour was unacceptable and I just watched the scandanavian coach whos name escapes me justifying it by saying its how he is and should be expected or something along those lines. He reckons Lennon is at his best when he is like that.:confused:

Absolutely spot on !
One of my grandsons said when watching it " are they allowed to shout at the ref like that ? We get punishment at school for backchatting refs "

Sorry but he just annoys me with his behaviour :timebomb:

yekimevol
11-01-2011, 06:51 PM
ha ha ha ha ha you dirty sod !!!! :na na:

Jack
11-01-2011, 07:00 PM

They have, they should :na na: :greengrin

marinello59
11-01-2011, 07:19 PM
If that club had any class they would release a statement apologising for their managers over reaction and say they will accept the punishment in a dignified manner. Who is surprised at the course of action they have decided to follow?

Lofarl
11-01-2011, 07:25 PM
http://rhebelrhebel.spreadshirt.co.uk/liars-cheats-I12876192

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

snooky
11-01-2011, 08:26 PM
If that club had any class they would release a statement apologising for their managers over reaction and say they will accept the punishment in a dignified manner. Who is surprised at the course of action they have decided to follow?
If my auntie hud ....

Class? Nae chance.

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2011, 08:35 PM
thats a rather long ban :eek: is that not the same length of ban yogi was serving when he took over as manager at ER ?

lapsedhibee
11-01-2011, 08:38 PM
thats a rather long ban :eek: is that not the same length of ban yogi was serving when he took over as manager at ER ?

Hughes would never have got that long a ban if he'd played for the Huns rather than Celtc. Pure proof there's a conspiracy by the way.

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Hughes would never have got that long a ban if he'd played for the Huns rather than Celtc. Pure proof there's a conspiracy by the way.

thats a fact, can you remember what yogi's was for again ?

lapsedhibee
11-01-2011, 08:47 PM
thats a fact, can you remember what yogi's was for again ?

Impersonating a goldfish (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/john-hughes-hibernian-touchline-ban)

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Impersonating a goldfish (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/john-hughes-hibernian-touchline-ban)

has nishaldo been sitting out since then ? :greengrin

Seanair
11-01-2011, 09:50 PM

Heard on SKY that Celtic are taking legal advice! When will they accept the rules of the SFA/SPL are for all teams, with no exception? I hope their lawyers tell them they've no chance of overturning the ban.
Mind you, Glasgow lawyers......:rolleyes:

BurghHibby
11-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Derek Adams has just completed a six match ban for supposedly foul and abusive language to an official - this from a man who doesn't even swear!!

Looking forward to seeing the wee ginger face ache in the stand on Saturday.:greengrin

Mary Hinge
11-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Is that Orang Utan that used to watch the telly still in Edinburgh Zoo ?

If not then Lennon is a ready made replacement :agree: