PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle v Hibs friendly (Wednesday)

Pretty Boy
11-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Hibs are playing Newcastle in a bounce game tommorow. Not totally sure on the venue.

With the rumours of us possibly taking a few Newcastle players on loan, is there any chance this could be a last chance for CC to run the rule over a couple of bodies and maybe arrange the deals whilst all parties are together?

Goal, Archibald
11-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Is the game in Edinburgh?

If it is, can only imagine he knows the players he wants and its an ideal chance for them to come up and see if they like what they see.

If he has worked with the Newcastle lads before, not sure what an extra 90 mins will achieve.

:confused:

GreenCastle
11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Hibs are playing Newcastle reserves tomorrow.

Newcastle player Dan Gosling will play some part.

Is it at Hibs training centre ?

Think it's closed doors game.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2011, 12:43 PM
If it is, can only imagine he knows the players he wants and its an ideal chance for them to come up and see if they like what they see.

If he has worked with the Newcastle lads before, not sure what an extra 90 mins will achieve.

Not sure ont he venue. Got told by a mate yesterday and forgot to ask where it was. Just seen it on SSN as well but they didn't say either. I know when we played Sunderland a while back that was at East Mains so a good guess would be there but don't know that for definite.

GloryGlory
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Looks like the game is at the Newcastle training ground, according to this:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=386&fid=185&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118848731

GreenCastle
11-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Just had it confirmed - Newcastle

Jack
11-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Hibs are playing Newcastle in a bounce game tommorow. Not totally sure on the venue.

With the rumours of us possibly taking a few Newcastle players on loan, is there any chance this could be a last chance for CC to run the rule over a couple of bodies and maybe arrange the deals whilst all parties are together?

I agree with Goal, Archibald. Surely if Newcastle players were coming on loan not only would CC know who he wanted but the deals would have been in place by now. It cant just be they need a lift back up the road on the team bus!

I suspect, but hope not, that there were deals in place that went boobs up when the last Newcastle manger went and there's no back up plan. [thinking out loud]

I really am concerned about the lack of movement into the squad.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2011, 02:54 PM
I agree with Goal, Archibald. Surely if Newcastle players were coming on loan not only would CC know who he wanted but the deals would have been in place by now. It cant just be they need a lift back up the road on the team bus!

I suspect, but hope not, that there were deals in place that went boobs up when the last Newcastle manger went and there's no back up plan. [thinking out loud]

Thinking aout it logically you would hope if CC wanted players from Newcastle then having worked with them for well over a season he would know the qualities they have. Hope over expectation in my OP.

I think Hughton going was a bad thing for Hibs because a new manager might be keen to keep his players around him to see what they can, everyone starts with a clean slate and all that.

And i agree the lack of any movement in is a bit worrying. I understand there is still 20 days to go until the window closes but we need new blood sooner rather than later. I wouldn't propose buying players unless they are the right ones as we have made panic signing too often lately, a few decent loan deals would be nice though. It's worrying that we are already hearing the same old lines about 'working on it but these things are difficult' coming from the manager already.

JimBHibees
11-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Yep tend to agree that he would likely have them lined up however it may also be a case of giving some guys more game time (Zouma and Duffy come to mind) and possibly some of the Newcastle guys also so that they may be up to speed when they sign for us. :greengrin They have had the snow just as bad as us so can work both ways.

aberhibsfc
11-01-2011, 03:51 PM
It's getting to the point where Newcastle should be paying some of our training ground costs.

I guess Edinburgh is the closest professional football outside their EPL competition. Newcastle will enjoy the facilities, pity we could put up a sterner test, without sharing their players form / tactics etc to their competitors.

Rather than leaving your trainers as a deposit, just leave a few budding stars thanks.

greenlex
11-01-2011, 04:34 PM
It's getting to the point where Newcastle should be paying some of our training ground costs.

I guess Edinburgh is the closest professional football outside their EPL competition. Newcastle will enjoy the facilities, pity we could put up a sterner test, without sharing their players form / tactics etc to their competitors.

Rather than leaving your trainers as a deposit, just leave a few budding stars thanks.
The game is at Newcastle. :cool2:

Toaods
11-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Perhaps Pardew is wanting to see Hogg himself before they bid.