PDA

View Full Version : Nish Rejects Move To China

cam75
11-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Colin Nish rejects move to China for 2nd time,he was away training with them at the weekend he is free to move in this window to free up cash.

RoxburghHibs
11-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Maybe this was a part of a swap deal for the two Pandas?

khib70
11-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me. A couple of pandas would really improve our pace and movement up front. On the other hand they apparently very rarely score, so no improvement on CN there, then.

Hibbyradge
11-01-2011, 08:55 AM

Sounds like a good deal to me. A couple of pandas would really improve our pace and movement up front.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but...:faf: :top marks

RickyS
11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
The story appeared to make sense until it said in the last few lines....
it seems certain the player will leave in this window with Hibs keen to get money for him like the did for Bamba!
answers on a postcard which club will give us cash?

Golden Bear
11-01-2011, 08:57 AM

Rod's far from stupid - these cars are probably worth a lot of money.

:wink:

cam75
11-01-2011, 09:01 AM
:thumbsup:

Wilson
11-01-2011, 09:03 AM
sounds like a good deal to me. A couple of pandas would really improve our pace and movement up front. On the other hand they apparently very rarely score, so no improvement on cn there, then.

bam-booooooooooooooooo!!!

Ritchie
11-01-2011, 09:04 AM

Sounds like a good deal to me. A couple of pandas would really improve our pace and movement up front. On the other hand they apparently very rarely score, so no improvement on CN there, then.

:faf: proper laugh out loud moment there.

i dont blame CN for not wanting to go to china.
You could pay me all the money in the world and i wouldnt live there.

marinello59
11-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Was it Darren Jackson who cut short a spell with a Chinese club because ''the Chinese food over there isna the same as you get in Scotland'' ?

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM
he could use his height to his advantage over there, he'd be about double the size of most players. Suppose it's hard to win headers whilst on you're arse or flagged offside.

nice to see our stars are attracting interest from afar.

nail biting stuff if we'll hold on to our players though.... these damn windows.... can't wait till it slums shut and we go on to lift the cup and storm up the league.

marinello59
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM

How about if they offered you all the tea? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
11-01-2011, 09:11 AM
nice to see our stars are attracting interest from afar.

Rather, it's nice to see players' agents are working for their money. :wink:

JimBHibees
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM

Not sure about that. If it was Shanghai imagine the quality of life would be pretty good.

scoopyboy
11-01-2011, 09:17 AM

Agreed, but why go on trial if you know you are not going.

Ritchie
11-01-2011, 09:18 AM
How about if they offered you all the tea? :dunno:

now that's a different kettle of fish altogether.... i do love tea! :agree:

Sudds_1
11-01-2011, 09:21 AM
He'd have a new nickname though.......

...wouldnae be single fish any more.

.......but I hear dumplings are a particular Chinese favourite. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-01-2011, 09:51 AM
He'd have a new nickname though.......

...wouldnae be single fish any more.

.......but I hear dumplings are a particular Chinese favourite. :greengrin

:top marks

RIP
11-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Looks like the China deal was presented on a plate to Colin but it wasn't his cup of tea. At least they didn't see him as bone idle?

James70
11-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Surely he would do better in Japan where it is common for folk to sit on the floor?

Golden Bear
11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Surely he would do better in Japan where it is common for folk to sit on the floor?

This is very true. Colin has a flair for that sort of thing.

Expecting Rain
11-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Along with quite a few other players i think Colin Nish has had plenty of chances to establish himself at Easter Road, he needs a fresh challenge, he`s done well to make the grade and probably made a decent living as a pro in Scotland, i don`t think i would fancy playing in China, it is a totally different culture.
It is a bit sad in a sense that it has come to this and he must be thinking maybe it would have been a lot easier to get into the gym build up his upper body strength to compliment his height and in turn his confidence, he may not have become a brilliant centre forward but one who could still have been part of the present squad and the future.

down the slope
11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
His name in Chinese means bang-wan-in !.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2011, 10:24 AM
In seriousness if Nish does leave this window it's a shame it didn't work out for him at Hibs.

He's had a chance that all of us on here would love to have. Unfortunately he's not been good enough in general and a section of fans have turned on him big time. I think now he would really toil to win people over so it's probably best for all concerned if Nish moves on and tries his luck elsewhere.

Best for all parties concerned if he's moved on ASAP in my opinion.

heretoday
11-01-2011, 10:33 AM
"Hello Wong's Restaurant? Hibs here. We've got a carry-out for you. We'll bring it round. No charge." :greengrin

Killiehibbie
11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
His name in Chinese means bang-wan-in !.More literal translation is something like Ta Zaici Shang Pigu.

Ritchie
11-01-2011, 10:59 AM
In seriousness if Nish does leave this window it's a shame it didn't work out for him at Hibs.

He's had a chance that all of us on here would love to have. Unfortunately he's not been good enough in general and a section of fans have turned on him big time. I think now he would really toil to win people over so it's probably best for all concerned if Nish moves on and tries his luck elsewhere.

:agree:

i remember when he first signed, i thought he'd go on to score loads.

i thought he was decent at Killie.

SMAXXA
11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Reading this thread is the most laugh ive had on here for ages :top marks :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2011, 11:04 AM
This is very true. Colin has a flair for that sort of thing.

If he was Russian he'd no doubt be called Grassyass.

ok, get my coat.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-01-2011, 11:15 AM
If he was Russian he'd no doubt be called Grassyass.

ok, get my coat.

That would be spanish, no?

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
That would be spanish, no?

mibbies,

as a kid i'm sure i heard someone telling that and used Russian :rolleyes:

Goal, Archibald
11-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Football aside, it would be a major culture shock to head out to China. Some would love it, some would freak out.

Like all players moving abroad, some can handle it, some can't.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Watching Nish on the field reminds me of a bull in a china shop, Oh, wait a minute! :greengrin

GreenCastle
11-01-2011, 01:45 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2011, 01:51 PM

:agree::top marks

Good Luck Nishy

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Surely even the Chinese are not that stupid? Although i dont know much about that league, i'd imagine its very technical, with more emphasis on playing the ball along the ground. Hardly his forte, unless its because he's always on the damn thing, and they think they can play 1-2s off him?

Good luck wherever you go though, just make sure you go. And i hope you are not the last. :pray:

MrSmith
11-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I actually feel sorry for Nishy, he is after all one of us...a Hibee! I don't believe for one minute he has not tried his hardest or given any less than 100%, however, the underlying fact is that no matter how hard you try it doesn't make up for lack of talent.

I also think that this is the time for him to move for his own sake and try to rebuild his confidence that will enable him to reach the standard he achieved whilst at Kilmarnock.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you at Hibs Colin, we all know you tried and gave it your best shot. Best of luck and I really hope it works out for you elsewhere.

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Surely even the Chinese are not that stupid? Although i dont know much about that league, i'd imagine its very technical, with more emphasis on playing the ball along the ground. Hardly his forte, unless its because he's always on the damn thing, and they think they can play 1-2s off him?

Good luck wherever you go though, just make sure you go. And i hope you are not the last. :pray:

:faf:

matty_f
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Spot on.:agree:

3pm
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
The deal was off when he cut his ear playing Chinese Whispers.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM
The deal was off when he cut his ear playing Chinese Whispers.

I heard after he fell on his backside for the 10th time, the coach said, are we not supposed to look up to you colin?

sesoim
11-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Nish would have to slip/fall down VERY low to avoid winning headers in China.

Maybe that's what put him off the move. After all, as Allan Preston likes to keep on mentioning on the radio, he's not that type of striker at all - he's a goalscorer :faf:.

EasterRoad4Ever
11-01-2011, 07:30 PM
As he was doing nothing, Petrie asked Nishy to go to the Chinese and the big man misunderstood - not the sharpest :cool2:

IWasThere2016
11-01-2011, 07:47 PM

And yet all these bankers are gonna leave the UK for China if they dinnae get their bonuses :faf: ma erchie! :bye:

Back on topic - glad to see Nish is going - best thing for both parties.

snooky
11-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Along with quite a few other players i think Colin Nish has had plenty of chances to establish himself at Easter Road, he needs a fresh challenge, he`s done well to make the grade and probably made a decent living as a pro in Scotland, i don`t think i would fancy playing in China, it is a totally different culture.
It is a bit sad in a sense that it has come to this and he must be thinking maybe it would have been a lot easier to get into the gym build up his upper body strength to compliment his height and in turn his confidence, he may not have become a brilliant centre forward but one who could still have been part of the present squad and the future.

:agree: ... and also quit the fags!

Mixu62
11-01-2011, 10:37 PM

Colin Nish - Eats shoots and leaves! I'll get me coat.

ScottB
11-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Nish is another example of the worrying trend at the club. He came here a good player, who scored regularly for Killie, indeed he's what, 5th or 6th on the SPL scoring table for all time? That required some ability, yet here we are.

How many other good players have we signed in recent years, only for them to degenerate into huddies, at least while they are with us?

A worrying problem. One that needs solved ASAP.

Anyways, good luck to big Colin wherever he goes next.

Gus Fring
12-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Nish is another example of the worrying trend at the club. He came here a good player, who scored regularly for Killie, indeed he's what, 5th or 6th on the SPL scoring table for all time? That required some ability, yet here we are.

How many other good players have we signed in recent years, only for them to degenerate into huddies, at least while they are with us?

In fairness I think this highlights that Nish is a target man and this worked well at Killie. Our current squad needs guys who will work for the ball without falling over.

Speedy
12-01-2011, 12:21 AM

His record at Killie wasn't that much better than it is here, although he was picking up a bit the season he left. He's 10th in the SPL scoring table.

BEEJ
12-01-2011, 07:49 AM
In fairness I think this highlights that Nish is a target man and this worked well at Killie. Our current squad needs guys who will work for the ball without falling over.
He's not a target man. Although we've often used him that way, its not his strength at all. Nish is better facing the goal and looks more comfortable feeding off crosses and cutbacks.

The reason he was relatively more successful at Killie was that he fitted more readily into their regular formation and game-plan.

RIP
12-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Nish should be in the box feeding off fast crosses and cut backs. If he had the supply he would score plenty

He hates hoofball and I am with him on that one

down-the-slope
12-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Agreed, but why go on trial if you know you are not going.

free holiday In the warm of Cyprus..in bleak mis-winter when you know you will at best be on the bench if you stay...and while you current club are still contracted to pay you....

Nope can't think of any reason :cool2:

iwasthere1972
13-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Colin Nish rejects move to China for 2nd time,he was away training with them at the weekend he is free to move in this window to free up cash.

I can reveal that the real reason that Nishie rejected a move to China is because he thought they would crap him throughout the game. He would rather stay at Easter Road and be booed.

You heard it here first.

down-the-slope
13-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I can reveal that the real reason that Nishie rejected a move to China is because he thought they would crap him throughout the game. He would rather stay at Easter Road and be booed.

You heard it here first.

:shocked: