PDA

View Full Version : Celtic game - segregation

down-the-slope
10-01-2011, 10:49 PM
With us un-likley to fill our end for match and their fans wanting to see Freddie.....will that not lead to even more chance of having Celtic fans in our end? or is the database system fool proof

Or does it not matter?

sleeping giant
10-01-2011, 10:51 PM
We will fill the 3 stands no problem. Seige mentality and all that !

Bayern Bru
10-01-2011, 10:53 PM
People have been talking about giving them some of the East - we'd get more money I presume as I doubt we'd fill it - and perhaps that would limit the chances of soapdodgers in the Hibs end.

Policing it however, seems to be the main stumbling block. As always, there will be a few cases of Celtc fans in the Hibs end, but nothing major I'd have thought.

Ultimately I don't think there'll be much difference.

CB_NO3
10-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Is the Celtic end sold out?

Ed De Gramo
10-01-2011, 11:30 PM
People have been talking about giving them some of the East - we'd get more money I presume as I doubt we'd fill it - and perhaps that would limit the chances of soapdodgers in the Hibs end.

Policing it however, seems to be the main stumbling block. As always, there will be a few cases of Celtc fans in the Hibs end, but nothing major I'd have thought.

Ultimately I don't think there'll be much difference.

They can take a running jump at themselves....give them the West stand, its emptier than the East :wink:

new malkyhib
10-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Give "them" nowt.

Give "us" a signing or two to lift the place. That way we can collectively try and beat them and lift our season. Over to you Petrie.

Jack
10-01-2011, 11:45 PM
People have been talking about giving them some of the East .

That will never while Hibs are in their family home.

HibeeMcGinn1
10-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Get them tae ****
not having anymore of those unwashed tramps in our ground than there is. We never built a bigger stand to allow the smellies more fans. Any Hibs fan that thinks it would be good for money is clueless. **** um.

.Sean.
10-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Get them tae ****
not having anymore of those unwashed tramps in our ground than there is. We never built a bigger stand to allow the smellies more fans. Any Hibs fan that thinks it would be good for money is clueless. **** um.
So Josh......

Is that a maybe? :dunno:

:greengrin

The Harp
11-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Might get the odd one or two in the wrong section but nothing on a large scale. The days of Celtic bringing a vast support to ER, or anywhere else for that matter, unless it's a Championship decider, are a thing of the past.
Also don't think there is any way Hibs would give them access to home sections - just wouldn't happen IMO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2011, 12:26 AM
We will fill the 3 stands no problem.

Very unlikely.

Bayern Bru
11-01-2011, 12:46 AM
They can take a running jump at themselves....give them the West stand, its emptier than the East :wink:

That will never while Hibs are in their family home.

Realized I could have worded my original post more clearly, but obviously I'd hate for away fans to be anywhere except in the South, where they belong.

I'd just heard an alarming number of people talking about it as if it was a serious possibility. Thank God it's not! :agree:

sambajustice
11-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Was there not a game back in the day when we were playing the huns and we gave them the east? A midweek game we won 1-0 if I remember correctly??

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Might get the odd one or two in the wrong section but nothing on a large scale. The days of Celtic bringing a vast support to ER, or anywhere else for that matter, unless it's a Championship decider, are a thing of the past.
Also don't think there is any way Hibs would give them access to home sections - just wouldn't happen IMO.

They would if they paid enough money. Ask folk in the west last season.

Jack
11-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Was there not a game back in the day when we were playing the huns and we gave them the east? A midweek game we won 1-0 if I remember correctly??

IIRC was this not during the miners strike, 3 day week and power cuts in the very early seventies?

I was there in my shiny blue Leith Academy uniform (which I was surprised at the reaction to, I would have thought good Hibbies would have known Leefy, the local school, was a blue blazer job :confused:). It was der hun, I just cant remember the score. Pretty sure though it was pre segregation as we know it. We didn't give it to them, they more or less took it. Also IIRC in early segregation times the away support were given to about the 18 yard line at the top of the slope?

JackRegan
11-01-2011, 09:14 AM

Yes. But demand is not exceeding it by much more, so I doubt there is any need to give us a bigger allocation.

Until such times as these games are returned to 3pm on Saturday and not on TV, then the days of 10,000 Tims wanting to visit Easter Road are over.

I'll be there. :cool2:

sambajustice
11-01-2011, 09:19 AM
IIRC was this not during the miners strike, 3 day week and power cuts in the very early seventies?

I was there in my shiny blue Leith Academy uniform (which I was surprised at the reaction to, I would have thought good Hibbies would have known Leefy, the local school, was a blue blazer job :confused:). It was der hun, I just cant remember the score. Pretty sure though it was pre segregation as we know it. We didn't give it to them, they more or less took it. Also IIRC in early segregation times the away support were given to about the 18 yard line at the top of the slope?

Errrr, i was only born in 1981!!

I was thinking more of a game in the 90's!!

Peevemor
11-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Errrr, i was only born in 1981!!

I was thinking more of a game in the 90's!!

Not that I can remember. :no way:

sambajustice
11-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Not that I can remember. :no way:

Tuesday 3rd May 1994.

I'm sure the Huns were in the east! It was nearly 17 years ago though so my memory might not be spot on!

Arch Stanton
11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Tuesday 3rd May 1994.

I'm sure the Huns were in the east! It was nearly 17 years ago though so my memory might not be spot on!

In those days the south section of the old West stand was for away fans - you wouldn't be thinking of that would you?

JackRegan
11-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Tuesday 3rd May 1994.

We played Hibs late in 1995 at eater Road on a midwek afternoon as both end behind teh goal were flattened (it was a 1-1) draw and played in teh afternoon as your floodlights had been taken down.

We got about 800 to 1,000 tickets in the West. This is the game

http://www.celticmatchprogrammes.co.uk/100595.htm

Peevemor
11-01-2011, 09:55 AM
We played Hibs late in 1995 at eater Road on a midwek afternoon as both end behind teh goal were flattened (it was a 1-1) draw and played in teh afternoon as your floodlights had been taken down.

We got about 800 to 1,000 tickets in the West. This is the game

http://www.celticmatchprogrammes.co.uk/100595.htm

Before the 'new' stands were built behind the goals, visiting fans, in addition to the Dunbar end, also got the old South stand and enclosure, which were part of the old main (West) stand.

JackRegan
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Before the 'new' stands were built behind the goals, visiting fans, in addition to the Dunbar end, also got the old South stand and enclosure, which were part of the old main (West) stand.

Yeah I knew that, I was talking about the games when there was no Dunbar end and nothing behind either goal.

Out of interest, how many did the Dunbar end hold pre Hillsborough, when capacities were cut?

The Tubs
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Tuesday 3rd May 1994.

It was the last game in which we were allowed to stand. Classy Keith was the hitman to deny them lifting the flag at Easter Road.

And they werenae in the East.

Keith_M
11-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Out of interest, how many did the Dunbar end hold pre Hillsborough, when capacities were cut?

Around 8,000, though that was already a reduced capacity from the 'bygone days of yore' :wink:

lyonhibs
11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Very unlikely.

:agree::agree:

There will be 16-17k at this game, including 3-4k Celtic fans.

Tops.

Mikey
11-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Yes.

down-the-slope
11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah I knew that, I was talking about the games when there was no Dunbar end and nothing behind either goal.

12,000 Early 80's
was reduced to about 9,000 as it was like sardines in there and the blaize could not absorb the collective pish of 12,000...truly shamefull 'facilities:rolleyes:

But it did have some atmoshpere when rammed :greengrin

jgl07
11-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Tuesday 3rd May 1994.

Complete rubbish.

They used to get one third of the old main stand (the South Stand).

Bristolhibby
11-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Was the south upper section of the old West stand not given to away fans as an overflow.

Seem to remember the Jambos Being in there in an early 90's derby.

J

down-the-slope
11-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Was the south upper section of the old West stand not given to away fans as an overflow.

Seem to remember the Jambos Being in there in an early 90's derby.

J

:agree: in Cat A games...the 'segregation' was almost none and often lead to a bit of melee

Bostonhibby
11-01-2011, 09:06 PM
With us un-likley to fill our end for match and their fans wanting to see Freddie.....will that not lead to even more chance of having Celtic fans in our end? or is the database system fool proof

Or does it not matter?

Celtic game - segregation

Good idea - how about we stay in Scotland and they go to Ireland?

IberianHibernian
11-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Seems like South Stand will be nearly full and other stands will be about half full - 12000 if we`re lucky . Even if we make a few good signings and suddenly start playing great , we`re unlikely to have as many season ticket holders next year and may have a lot less than this year . I understand all the reasons for segregation ( I used to go to Ibrox etc with a scarf in pre segregation days and it wasn`t great ... ) but do we really want to see empty stands and no atmosphere even at games aginst Hearts and OF and can we afford it ? ( I bet Petrie`s glad to have visit of OF this month at a time when home support will be particularly bad ) . Next season , would it not be better to reserve more seats for away fans - southern part of West Stand I suppose . The ones nearest South Stand are not great viewwise anyway . And do something to make it easy for tourists and other occasional visitors to the Holy Ground to buy tickets .