PDA

View Full Version : Time for the silence to stop ?

persevere1875
10-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Can anyone tell me if we still have, as fans, a presence on the board at ER anymore ? If so is it time for a chosen delegation of fans representatives to sit down with those who have a voice at board room level and put forward a number of questions which we as fans feel need resolving.

Currently we have rumours abound regarding everything from potential new owners being sounded out, new managers asking to walk already, no new signings, up to sixteen players being out of contract at the end of the season, players not happy, coaches being chosen by the board and not the manager, in fact just about any rumour you could possibly think of that could happen in a disfunctional club is currently doing the rounds at Hibs and to be frank the current deafening silence from the men at the top is now becoming IMO unnaceptable.

I'm not here to slate the board, call for heads to roll, demand protest from the support, slag the manager or any number of other crazy ideas/posts that have been voiced on here recently, However, I do feel that the board of Hibernian Football Club have responsibilties not only for the good stewardship of our club but a responsibility to answer the legitamate questions that are being raised by the support at the current time. I also feel quite strongly that whilst Hibs under Mr Petrie's stewardship have always done the majority of business behind closed doors, and on most occasions quite rightly so, there comes a time when the support have a right to know why our club appears to be in such dissaray.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Can anyone tell me if we still have, as fans, a presence on the board at ER anymore ? If so is it time for a chosen delegation of fans representatives to sit down with those who have a voice at board room level and put forward a number of questions which we as fans feel need resolving.

Currently we have rumours abound regarding everything from potential new owners being sounded out, new managers asking to walk already, no new signings, up to sixteen players being out of contract at the end of the season, players not happy, coaches being chosen by the board and not the manager, in fact just about any rumour you could possibly think of that could happen in a disfunctional club is currently doing the rounds at Hibs and to be frank the current deafening silence from the men at the top is now becoming IMO unnaceptable.

I'm not here to slate the board, call for heads to roll, demand protest from the support, slag the manager or any number of other crazy ideas/posts that have been voiced on here recently, However, I do feel that the board of Hibernian Football Club have responsibilties not only for the good stewardship of our club but a responsibility to answer the legitamate questions that are being raised by the support at the current time. I also feel quite strongly that whilst Hibs under Mr Petrie's stewardship have always done the majority of business behind closed doors, and on most occasions quite rightly so, there comes a time when the support have a right to know why our club appears to be in such dissaray.

Thats the internet for you, it will be the same for most clubs. And 99% is bull.

ancient hibee
10-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Thats the internet for you, it will be the same for most clubs. And 99% is bull.
Only 99%?

sleeping giant
10-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Only 99%?

:agree:

The other 4% is slightly exaggerated !