PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza Rocks

stevensons-fan
10-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Me and the girls were looking at booking a holiday away to Ibiza for 7/10 days and quite fancy staying at Ibiza Rocks. Has anyone stayed there before and recommends it? Or are there any other cheaper hotels that are still fairly lively but a bit cheaper? Thanks :thumbsup:

bingo70
10-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Me and the girls were looking at booking a holiday away to Ibiza for 7/10 days and quite fancy staying at Ibiza Rocks. Has anyone stayed there before and recommends it? Or are there any other cheaper hotels that are still fairly lively but a bit cheaper? Thanks :thumbsup:

Went to Ibiza in the summer, at the time i thought it would have been class to stay at the Ibiza rocks hotel but after going to a gig there i reckon it would have done my nut in staying there getting the day and possibly the day before totally disrupted, i imagine you'd have to pay a bit extra for staying there as well.

Maybe showing my age here as well but i'd think again about looking for somewhere lively to stay in Ibiza, it's such a full on place, you'd probably be thankfull for a place to chill out when your not out and about going raj :wink:

If your looking for somewhere cheap to stay i was at the don pepe, it's a stones throw away from the west end and it cost about £150 or something like that for a fortnight.

stevensons-fan
10-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Went to Ibiza in the summer, at the time i thought it would have been class to stay at the Ibiza rocks hotel but after going to a gig there i reckon it would have done my nut in staying there getting the day and possibly the day before totally disrupted, i imagine you'd have to pay a bit extra for staying there as well.

Maybe showing my age here as well but i'd think again about looking for somewhere lively to stay in Ibiza, it's such a full on place, you'd probably be thankfull for a place to chill out when your not out and about going raj :wink:

If your looking for somewhere cheap to stay i was at the don pepe, it's a stones throw away from the west end and it cost about £150 or something like that for a fortnight.

How long did you stay for? We are stuck between going for either 7 or 10 days. Yeah that's a good point actually, never really thought what it would be like during the day hungover :wink: Just had a look at the don pepe, it seems quite nice. I think we are going to go start of September for the closing parties, I cannot wait! :greengrin

bingo70
10-01-2011, 09:08 PM
How long did you stay for? We are stuck between going for either 7 or 10 days. Yeah that's a good point actually, never really thought what it would be like during the day hungover :wink: Just had a look at the don pepe, it seems quite nice. I think we are going to go start of September for the closing parties, I cannot wait! :greengrin

was there for a fortnight, absolutely brilliant, you'll love it i'm sure.

no sure if i'd call the don pepe nice but it done the job :greengrin

TBH though if i was to go back i'd probably pay a wee bit extra to get somewhere a bit quieter and further away from the west end, not a lot, but that place is right in the middle of it all and it did get a bit much at times, especially if yer in bed trying to have a night off it with a stoating hangover :wink:

stevensons-fan
10-01-2011, 09:44 PM
was there for a fortnight, absolutely brilliant, you'll love it i'm sure.

no sure if i'd call the don pepe nice but it done the job :greengrin

TBH though if i was to go back i'd probably pay a wee bit extra to get somewhere a bit quieter and further away from the west end, not a lot, but that place is right in the middle of it all and it did get a bit much at times, especially if yer in bed trying to have a night off it with a stoating hangover :wink:

Do you know of any other good hotels? Had a look at the Don Pepe, I think we are going to get a few different options then just vote on the best one! Ibiza Rocks does look buzzing but just not sure now whether I could handle it during the day. I presume the party just continues during the day with a dj or something?

bingo70
10-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Do you know of any other good hotels? Had a look at the Don Pepe, I think we are going to get a few different options then just vote on the best one! Ibiza Rocks does look buzzing but just not sure now whether I could handle it during the day. I presume the party just continues during the day with a dj or something?

Not sure how it works during the day TBH, think the gigs were on a tuesday night so i imagine the whole of the tuesday would be a right off round the hotel but i really don't know so you'd be better asking around.

Sorry, i'm not much help with hotels, i did absolutely nothing to help with organising it, i just basically turned up and dumped my bags there!

could be talking pish but think there was a hotel called kenyah or something like that, it was a bit round the corner from the west end and during the day they had DJ's and stuff playing, right on the coast and it always looked pretty good, might just have been a bar but think it was a hotel as well.

edit:- sorry just checked and its actually a bar, i pressumed it was a hotel as its got its own swimming pool but apparently not, so sorry i'm no help at all with other hotels

stevensons-fan
10-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Not sure how it works during the day TBH, think the gigs were on a tuesday night so i imagine the whole of the tuesday would be a right off round the hotel but i really don't know so you'd be better asking around.

Sorry, i'm not much help with hotels, i did absolutely nothing to help with organising it, i just basically turned up and dumped my bags there!

could be talking pish but think there was a hotel called kenyah or something like that, it was a bit round the corner from the west end and during the day they had DJ's and stuff playing, right on the coast and it always looked pretty good, might just have been a bar but think it was a hotel as well.

We also saw these apartments, the Jet Apartments, but we aren't too sure whether thats in the right location or not? http://www.loveibiza.net/hotels/playa-den-bossa/jet-apartments

It says its in the Playa D’en Bossa area, is that close to the strip?

bingo70
10-01-2011, 10:22 PM
We also saw these apartments, the Jet Apartments, but we aren't too sure whether thats in the right location or not? http://www.loveibiza.net/hotels/playa-den-bossa/jet-apartments

It says its in the Playa D’en Bossa area, is that close to the strip?

no, it's in a different town from it.

TBH though the west end strip is pretty horrible and tacky, much cheaper though. If your looking for nice bars and what you are probably imagining Ibiza to be like you might prefer there, if your looking for a strip of bars that could be in tenerife, magaluf etc with the option of going to the clubs and nice bars sometimes then your probably better off getting somewhere closer to san antonios west end

Ritchie
11-01-2011, 07:36 AM
we always stay at the Abrat.

its right next to Kanya and has a perfect little beach right at the end of the hotels garden.

its within walking distance of eveything too (west end, sunset bars etc)

its also far away enough not to be bothered by noise if you need a quiet one! :greengrin

if you get a room overlooking the bay you get an excellent view of the ibiza sunset every night.

http://www.hotelabrat.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g652116-d270987-Reviews-Abrat_Hotel-Sant_Antoni_de_Portmany_Ibiza_Balearic_Islands.htm l

stevensons-fan
11-01-2011, 04:26 PM
we always stay at the Abrat.

its right next to Kanya and has a perfect little beach right at the end of the hotels garden.

its within walking distance of eveything too (west end, sunset bars etc)

its also far away enough not to be bothered by noise if you need a quiet one! :greengrin

if you get a room overlooking the bay you get an excellent view of the ibiza sunset every night.

http://www.hotelabrat.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g652116-d270987-Reviews-Abrat_Hotel-Sant_Antoni_de_Portmany_Ibiza_Balearic_Islands.htm l

Thanks for that, will have a wee look at it later! :greengrin

Woody1985
11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I was talking to someone about this and you're not allowed guests in the hotel.

Because it's a venue they need to make the hotel secure which means you can't take anyone back!

Removed
11-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I was talking to someone about this and you're not allowed guests in the hotel.

Because it's a venue they need to make the hotel secure which means you can't take anyone back!

:faf:

Just go to the birds hotel.

Means she canny track you down the next night :thumbsup:

stevensons-fan
11-01-2011, 07:15 PM
:faf:

Just go to the birds hotel.

Means she canny track you down the next night :thumbsup:

Seeing as I'm a girl then i think it would be the guys hotel :wink:

Removed
11-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Seeing as I'm a girl then i think it would be the guys hotel :wink:

:greengrin I did realise that following your OP but didn't assume you were as much as a tart as Woody :wink:

On behalf of the gentlemen on here I apologise for him lowering the tone :tsk tsk:

Woody1985
11-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I only said guests!

It's your dirty mind!

cammy1969
11-01-2011, 08:44 PM
for hotels go on to "on the beach" web site would say try san antonio bay as its not far from the west end but far enuff a way to chill during the day if you want as if your on it for 10 days you need to have a breather some time well i do also try "digitalibiza" tells you all about pubs clubs beaches food ect ect i go 2 or 3 times a year stay in the bay and find it ideal and its a lot cheaper in the bars there i.e start in the bay for cheap drink then hit the west end. maybe even see how much alincluesive costs

stevensons-fan
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
for hotels go on to "on the beach" web site would say try san antonio bay as its not far from the west end but far enuff a way to chill during the day if you want as if your on it for 10 days you need to have a breather some time well i do also try "digitalibiza" tells you all about pubs clubs beaches food ect ect i go 2 or 3 times a year stay in the bay and find it ideal and its a lot cheaper in the bars there i.e start in the bay for cheap drink then hit the west end. maybe even see how much alincluesive costs

I think a lot of us are swaying towards staying in Ibiza Rocks seeing as we would only be there for a week and reckon we could handle it! I'll definitely have a look on digitalibiza, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

cammy1969
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I think a lot of us are swaying towards staying in Ibiza Rocks seeing as we would only be there for a week and reckon we could handle it! I'll definitely have a look on digitalibiza, thanks for the help :thumbsup:
hope use enjoy it, becarefull as i think they still dont take cash in the hotel they give you a creditcard and you put money on it to send in hotel but they dont refund if you still have money on the card when you leave

stevensons-fan
12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
hope use enjoy it, becarefull as i think they still dont take cash in the hotel they give you a creditcard and you put money on it to send in hotel but they dont refund if you still have money on the card when you leave

Yeah I was reading up on that, will make sure to do so! Hopefully it will still be fairly busy around the 7th of Sept! :thumbsup:

Hillsidehibby
13-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah I was reading up on that, will make sure to do so! Hopefully it will still be fairly busy around the 7th of Sept! :thumbsup:

I stayed in a nice hotel in San Antonio in 1980 but I cant remember the name.

LamontHFC©
13-01-2011, 02:49 PM
We stayed in Hotel Tropical. It's like two minutes away from Ibiza Rocks.
It's a nice hotel and you are allowed 'guests'.

Oh, and cleaners come in every day and clean your room so it's spotless. It is a life saver.

stevensons-fan
14-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I can't wait for this :greengrin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bueEeWYJhs

Tyler Durden
29-01-2011, 04:46 PM
To the OP, if you can afford it and it's available, I'd definitely stay at Ibiza Rocks.

I've been to Ibiza 4/5 times but stayed at Ibiza Rocks for the first time last August (only for 3 nights) and it was phenomenal. To be honest, you'll not have any worries about it being too lively during the day. There's a "quieter" pool aswell as the one the gigs are held at. Great atmosphere from what I could tell and no more busy/rowdy than you'd expect at any other hotel.

The rooms are no better than anywhere else but the bar/pool/general surroundings are mint and there's also the air of superiority you get when swanning around with your Rocks wristband on!

They operate a turnstile at night with a security guard to ensure that non hotel guests can't get in but I'm sure you could just slip the boy 20 Euros to get anyone in that you wanted.......

I couldn't recommend it enough tbh.

stevensons-fan
29-01-2011, 06:20 PM
To the OP, if you can afford it and it's available, I'd definitely stay at Ibiza Rocks.

I've been to Ibiza 4/5 times but stayed at Ibiza Rocks for the first time last August (only for 3 nights) and it was phenomenal. To be honest, you'll not have any worries about it being too lively during the day. There's a "quieter" pool aswell as the one the gigs are held at. Great atmosphere from what I could tell and no more busy/rowdy than you'd expect at any other hotel.

The rooms are no better than anywhere else but the bar/pool/general surroundings are mint and there's also the air of superiority you get when swanning around with your Rocks wristband on!

They operate a turnstile at night with a security guard to ensure that non hotel guests can't get in but I'm sure you could just slip the boy 20 Euros to get anyone in that you wanted.......

I couldn't recommend it enough tbh.

We decided to just go for it and book it! Can't wait! Although we were reading reviews and some people say that even you stay at Ibiza Rocks, you have to buy tickets to the entertainment on the Tuesday (now Wednesday night)? I thought the entry into the night was included in your price?

DH1875
30-01-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm of to Ibiza in June :thumbsup:.
Just thought I'd share that with you all :greengrin.

stevensons-fan
31-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm of to Ibiza in June :thumbsup:.
Just thought I'd share that with you all :greengrin.

I can't wait to get out there! September feels like an age away though!

Dashing Bob S
31-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd suggest bodyswerving San Antonio - Livingston in the sun. Go to Ibiza Town instead, a beautiful, magical spot.