PDA

View Full Version : Another thing wrong with the Scottish game..

GreenCastle
10-01-2011, 04:49 PM
The draw for the next round of the cup.

What is the thinking of having it on a Tuesday when people are at work etc.

Why not just have it either Sunday after the Celtic game or at worst tonight after the huns game ?

Only in Scotland... :confused:

Rant over :wink:

p.s Yes it's not major on the scale of things but another small piece that makes us look mickey mouse.

I also have the feeling Hibs won't be playing in the next round anyway so probably doesn't matter anyway!

bingo70
10-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Why not just have it either Sunday after the Celtic game or at worst tonight after the huns game ?

:agree:

I've been speaking about this as well....growing up one of the highlights of scottish cup weekend was watching the draw right after the games, why they'd move it to a lunch time when no one would watch it is beyond me, i can't see any logic to it at all :confused:

GreenCastle
10-01-2011, 04:56 PM

I've been speaking about this as well....growing up one of the highlights of scottish cup weekend was watching the draw right after the games, why they'd move it to a lunch time when no one would watch it is beyond me, i can't see any logic to it at all :confused:

We have problems at Hibs as a club BUT the people who run football in Scotland are clueless and it's very depressing :rolleyes:

EasterRoad4Ever
10-01-2011, 04:57 PM

p.s Yes it's not major on the scale of things but another small piece that makes us look mickey mouse.

I also have the feeling Hibs won't be playing in the next round anyway so probably doesn't matter anyway!

Cos all all the SFA officials, bureaucrats, media pundits are far too pished after the free Celtic & Hun hosiptality :cool2:

bingo70
10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
We have problems at Hibs as a club BUT the people who run football in Scotland are clueless and it's very depressing :rolleyes:

i realise and appreciate they've actually got a tough job selling the scottish game and making it competitive when there's 2 teams that are so dominant but something as simple as a cup draw should be pretty straight forward, how they can turn that into something that'll piss the fans off is incredible.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 05:02 PM

It should be straight after the games on the Saturday at 5pm. We may not have the best league, but there's nothing to stop them appearing as professional as possible. Does anyone remember that draw a few years ago, when the old gadgy dropped the ball. :faf::faf:

GreenCastle
10-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I think the FA try and be too clever with the dup draw these days after watching it on ESPN yesterday. But at least it's taken place over the weekend.

Can someone please tell me one reason it take's place on a Tuesday? :confused:

bingo70
10-01-2011, 05:12 PM
I think the FA try and be too clever with the dup draw these days after watching it on ESPN yesterday. But at least it's taken place over the weekend.

i assume they're waiting till all games have been played, why they need to do that is another question :confused:

Hibs Class
10-01-2011, 05:19 PM
i assume they're waiting till all games have been played, why they need to do that is another question :confused:

Did I hear somewhere that Biffy Clyro are making the draw?

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 05:21 PM

That should make no difference imo, in fact it adds to the drama.

son of haggart
10-01-2011, 05:26 PM

The rangers game finishes too late

simples (if you get yourself into a Weegie mentality)

Bayern Bru
10-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Most likely, I heard the same.
No idea why though.

Removed
10-01-2011, 08:28 PM
It should be straight after the games on the Saturday at 5pm. We may not have the best league, but there's nothing to stop them appearing as professional as possible. Does anyone remember that draw a few years ago, when the old gadgy dropped the ball. :faf::faf:

That's cos he shat himself when it burnt his fingers :agree:

1two
10-01-2011, 09:01 PM
:greengrin
That's cos he shat himself when it burnt his fingers :agree:

Jones28
10-01-2011, 09:07 PM

That is the only upside :not worth:rockin:

down-the-slope
10-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I remember the days of having to leg it back to the car after the game (cos they were all Sat 3pm) in time for the draw on the radio...was all part of the day

bingo70
10-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I remember the days of having to leg it back to the car after the game (cos they were all Sat 3pm) in time for the draw on the radio...was all part of the day

exactly, all added to the atmosphere of it being a little bit different from a league game.

Why they would want to move it to a tuesday lunch time is beyone me, i can't see any benefit from it, especially if the intention was to have as complete a draw as possible considering there's only about 6 teams actually through to tomorrows draw

Newhaven
10-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Been saying this for a while.

The FA cup draw was how it should be done - on the Sunday with our troops doing the honours.

Was it not one year that they didn't even mix the balls but just picked the numbers as they dropped in :bitchy:

ONLY in Scotland

zlatan
10-01-2011, 10:16 PM

Can't deny the fat cats their Tuesday brunch now, can we?

Not In The Know
11-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't think Hibs fans are happy these days unless they are moaning.

The draw is on a separate day from the fixtures to give the cup sponsor (if it had one, now that's something to gripe about) maximum exposure in the media after the initial run of match reports and discussions has subdued.

Judas Iscariot
11-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Been saying this for a while.

The FA cup draw was how it should be done - on the Sunday with our troops doing the honours.

Was it not one year that they didn't even mix the balls but just picked the numbers as they dropped in :bitchy:

ONLY in Scotland

The GFA are a total farce..

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't think Hibs fans are happy these days unless they are moaning.

The draw is on a separate day from the fixtures to give the cup sponsor (if it had one, now that's something to gripe about) maximum exposure in the media after the initial run of match reports and discussions has subdued.

I don't think thats true at all, in fact i couldn't tell you who this years sponsor is?

The cup draw should be done as professionally as possible, also keeping the traditions of it going too. Drawn at 5 on the Saturday was the normal thing, we all hurried back to the pub, the car or home to tune in to it. Now we don't even know when it is. How is that good for the cup?

Not In The Know
11-01-2011, 10:01 AM
My point exactly it doesn't have a sponsor this year!

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 10:49 AM

I'm not sure what your point was? Answer me this, whats the point in having the draw when the majority of folk will not be able to see it? Dont you think having it on a Saturday straight after the games, with the sponsors name all over the place, with the country tuned in, might just be better for the fans, the sponsors and Scottish football in general?

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure what your point was? Answer me this, whats the point in having the draw when the majority of folk will not be able to see it? Dont you think having it on a Saturday straight after the games, with the sponsors name all over the place, with the country tuned in, might just be better for the fans, the sponsors and Scottish football in general?

It's the same every season, with both cups.
never know when the draw is for sure, and tends to always be through the week.

total JOKE.

Football for the fans? aye right!

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 11:02 AM

It's the same every season, with both cups.
never know when the draw is for sure, and tends to always be through the week.

total JOKE.

Football for the fans? aye right!

I think thats the major point. The draw for the cup, any round is one of the most exciting days of the football year. God only knows why? :greengrin Why have everyone guessing when it is, and dilute that excitement for every football fan in the country?

Not In The Know
11-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Forgetting that it does not have a sponsor for now, its pretty simple. Interest peaks on Saturday teatime, the sponsors logos and branding should be all over the media at this time anyway. Generating great exposure for the sponsor.

By drawing the next round later on in the week the sponsor benefits from a new spike in the interest and again getting another opportunity to get their branding in the media again. A two for the price of one deal!

The timing although not great does allow as many reporters, photograpers etc to be present. The early-ish time in the day it is drawn gives the papers plenty time to get it in print for the next day editions. An extra, extra days coverage!

All in the correct and clever way to get value for money for a sponsor - that they don't have!!

Keeping this format would at the very least hopefully alert a potential sponsor.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Forgetting that it does not have a sponsor for now, its pretty simple. Interest peaks on Saturday teatime, the sponsors logos and branding should be all over the media at this time anyway. Generating great exposure for the sponsor.

By drawing the next round later on in the week the sponsor benefits from a new spike in the interest and again getting another opportunity to get their branding in the media again. A two for the price of one deal!

The timing although not great does allow as many reporters, photograpers etc to be present. The early-ish time in the day it is drawn gives the papers plenty time to get it in print for the next day editions. An extra, extra days coverage!

All in the correct and clever way to get value for money for a sponsor - that they don't have!!

Keeping this format would at the very least hopefully alert a potential sponsor.

Not for me, 5pm on a saturday would have the whole of the country talking about the draw. You cant get any more exposure than that. 2pm on a Tuesday gets nowhere near the people watching or listening. In fact this site will get more exposure at 2pm than anything the SFA do during the draw.

Not In The Know
11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
fair enough not for you, but sponsors quantify things by exposure having the draw on a separate day guarantees more. The exposure is already high on the sat night and they are taking advantage of that by having branding on that programme. Your also forgetting about the extra coverage in tomorrows newspapers.

I doubt more people will be on this sit at 2pm than watching skysports news and listening to the bbc and other radio stations combined.

GreenCastle
11-01-2011, 12:28 PM
fair enough not for you, but sponsors quantify things by exposure having the draw on a separate day guarantees more. The exposure is already high on the sat night and they are taking advantage of that by having branding on that programme. Your also forgetting about the extra coverage in tomorrows newspapers.

I doubt more people will be on this sit at 2pm than watching skysports news and listening to the bbc and other radio stations combined.

I agree with Blackpool here - your not making sense with what your saying at all.

Saturday or Sunday evening is more prime time than Tuesday at 2.30pm.

Just think X Factor vS Neighbours!

Without or with a sponsor - do it at the weekend - like it's traditionally been done - then it can be reported in Sunday or Monday's papers :agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 12:32 PM

No its not for me, and having no sponsor is a sign of the times i suppose. IMO the SFA are wrong, and although there are many things wrong with the game, i think some of the traditional things should always remain. The more we break away from what fans are used to, the more we alienate them.

I wont know the draw until someone says it on here. I'd imagine most folk are at work, and have no way of accessing SSN to watch. So that defeats a lot of your argument imo.

Saturday at 5 imo gives them the most exposure imo, Most football fans would tune in then, most cant today at 2pm.

GreenCastle
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
No its not for me, and having no sponsor is a sign of the times i suppose. IMO the SFA are wrong, and although there are many things wrong with the game, i think some of the traditional things should always remain. The more we break away from what fans are used to, the more we alienate them.

I wont know the draw until someone says it on here. I'd imagine most folk are at work, and have no way of accessing SSN to watch. So that defeats a lot of your argument imo.

Saturday at 5 imo gives them the most exposure imo, Most football fans would tune in then, most cant today at 2pm.

Not In The Know
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Saturday night people were talking about the cup.
Saturday night BBC had extensive coverage of the cup
Sunday people and papers and SKy were talking about the cup.
All without a draw to discuss.

Good great job done exposure generated.

As it is we will all be talking about the cup and draw AGAIN today and tomorrow prolonging the interest.

How does that not make sense.

Question to potential sponsors - "Do you want to shoot your bolt at the weekend or maintain a consistent even spread of coverage until well into the next week?"

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Saturday night people were talking about the cup.
Saturday night BBC had extensive coverage of the cup
Sunday people and papers and SKy were talking about the cup.
All without a draw to discuss.

Good great job done exposure generated.

As it is we will all be talking about the cup and draw AGAIN today and tomorrow prolonging the interest.

How does that not make sense.

Question to potential sponsors - "Do you want to shoot your bolt at the weekend or maintain a consistent even spread of coverage until well into the next week?"

What makes sense is the draw is being touted here as 2pm on tuesday, now its 2.30. No bugger knows when its on?

Pretty Boy
11-01-2011, 01:28 PM
What makes sense is the draw is being touted here as 2pm on tuesday, now its 2.30. No bugger knows when its on?

I'm loving the fact Sky also have a press conference lined up with Dzeko around the same time.

Whats the bets on the cup draw either getting punted back or not shown to accomodate the interview?

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm loving the fact Sky also have a press conference lined up with Dzeko around the same time.

Whats the bets on the cup draw either getting punted back or not shown to accomodate the interview?

Its on now, i found a stream. The draw is never on the same day slotted between whatever they see fit. Nobody really has any idea when it will be on, do they?

GreenCastle
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Carling is the sponsor ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Cup

Not In The Know
11-01-2011, 02:58 PM
They are a not a main sponsor. Its the same realationship we have here at hibs with carling.

Anyhow its over and Thank F we never got hearts.