PDA

View Full Version : worrying calderwood statements

Hibiza
10-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Reported in press and teletext.

".........hopefully be : telling of a win and some entertaining football, IF ANY "

" a poor result for Hibernian" (not us).

:confused::confused::confused:

chrisski33
10-01-2011, 03:36 PM
and?

bingo70
10-01-2011, 03:37 PM

".........hopefully be : telling of a win and some entertaining football, IF ANY "

I've noticed a few times he's talked about hibernian and not us and thought it was strange.

As much as i hate to say it we need to forget about entertaining football for just now, we don't have the players for it, first of all we need to get organised and hard to beat, then we need to start scoring goals, once we've combined them then we can move on to being entertaining, thats got to be the ultimate goal but right now we're a million miles away from that.

marinello59
10-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I've noticed a few times he's talked about hibernian and not us and thought it was strange.

As much as i hate to say it we need to forget about entertaining football for just now, we don't have the players for it, first of all we need to get organised and hard to beat, then we need to start scoring goals, once we've combined them then we can move on to being entertaining, thats got to be the ultimate goal but right now we're a million miles away from that.

I wouldn't read to much in to that. Yogi often used to talk about 'Hibernian Football Club'' rather than us.

bingo70
10-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't read to much in to that. Yogi often used to talk about 'Hibernian Football Club'' rather than us.

Aye, and he was a great bloody success eh? :wink:

marinello59
10-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Aye, and he was a great bloody success eh? :wink:
:greengrin Erm............

You wouldn't doubt that he meant us though when he said that would you?

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2011, 03:52 PM

and the late Tommy Burns always said Celticfootballclub.
Nothing in this at all.

Sioux
10-01-2011, 03:54 PM

Is that the best you can come up with?

Beefster
10-01-2011, 03:58 PM

You obviously don't agree with him but is there any need?

Jim44
10-01-2011, 04:11 PM

I wondered how long it would take till the new rules were implemented. :greengrin Good on you, admins.

SRHibs
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Way to take stuff totally out of context.

The real quote -
"That's a poor result for Hibernian, but we didn't deserve to win the game,"

And he's right. For a club of Hibernian's stature, that is most definitely a poor result.

Kaiser1962
10-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Lots of managers do that.

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Way to take stuff totally out of context.

The real quote -

And he's right. For a club of Hibernian's stature, that is most definitely a poor result.

Thanks for the 'real' quote. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Calderwoods results are not great, it was only a matter of time before his interviews were slaughtered. It will be his accent next.:rolleyes:

Tricla
10-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Another .net debate about a completely irrelevant and over analysed point.
:yawn:

Albion Hibs
10-01-2011, 06:12 PM

Dont know whether there is much in that, but perhaps he was refering to the crowd turnout and atmosphere at the end of the game.

I noticed one guy chucked his scarf and it only went about 2 metres, due to the widening of the pitch it did not even reach the turf, that never would have happened in the olden days it would have been in the centre circle.

Andy74
10-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Calderwoods results are not great, it was only a matter of time before his interviews were slaughtered. It will be his accent next.:rolleyes:

I've seen that done already.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I've seen that done already.

Surely not?

Andy74
10-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Surely not?

Yes. His dour stranraer accent is responsible for a lack o passion within the squad apparently.

ancient hibee
10-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Dont know whether there is much in that, but perhaps he was refering to the crowd turnout and atmosphere at the end of the game.

I noticed one guy chucked his scarf and it only went about 2 metres, due to the widening of the pitch it did not even reach the turf, that never would have happened in the olden days it would have been in the centre circle.
It's Petrie's fault for widening the pitch=sack the board.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes. His dour stranraer accent is responsible for a lack o passion within the squad apparently.

Here we go again. :bitchy: