PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish

ShanksSaidNo
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Have just received a text saying that Nish was not included on Saturday, possibly due to a bust up and has been told he is on his way! Appreciate this is a bit vague but was wondering if anyone knows the script. Haven't scrawled through all the pages so not sure if this has been posted before?

If this is the start of the clearout then it is a good one!

bingo70
10-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Have just received a text saying that Nish was not included on Saturday, possibly due to a bust up and has been told he is on his way! Appreciate this is a bit vague but was wondering if anyone knows the script. Haven't scrawled through all the pages so not sure if this has been posted before?

There's been a few rumours kicking about like this, think i saw someone saying he could be signing for a team in cyprus, no idea if its true or not although IMO it's inevitable he'll be away in the summer at the latest, if your a forward that can't break into this hibs team then there's problems and he clearly isn't rated.

He's a better player than he's shown this season, however definately best for all concerned that he moves on, if he leaves this window he'll still need to be replaced.

darwenhibby
10-01-2011, 03:26 PM
There's been a few rumours kicking about like this, think i saw someone saying he could be signing for a team in cyprus, no idea if its true or not although IMO it's inevitable he'll be away in the summer at the latest, if your a forward that can't break into this hibs team then there's problems and he clearly isn't rated.

He's a better player than he's shown this season, however definately best for all concerned that he moves on, if he leaves this window he'll still need to be replaced.

I think he needs a bit of time and to stop trying too hard.
As a Hibby he is suffering just like the rest of us and desperately wants to rectify the situation.

Having your own on your back does not help.

Craig_in_Prague
10-01-2011, 03:27 PM
he can take another 10 or so on that 1 way flight to Cyprus if it happens.

I'm not a fan of his and have never rated him, but i agree with Bingo that he's better than he's shown this season.
we need a big clear out, and need to start getting better in.

whether or not CC actually get's any better in remains to be seen, but we need the clear out to begin anyway.

RickyS
10-01-2011, 03:54 PM

I was told that he had been told he was not going to play between now and the end of the season and he could leave for free now, his agent has set him up a trial in Cyprus but with a Turkish team. Not saying I know this to be defo true just what I was told.

Jim44
10-01-2011, 04:00 PM

While I don't want to overstate the case, I'm a bit pleased to see this and hope the bust up was with Calderwood who might be beginning to show a bit of passion after all.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I have no idea if he would succeed in Cyprus as I don't know what the quality of their league is like but if he moves to another side in the SPL, I would back him to score plenty of goals for his new team.

Prior to this season, his record for us was quite healthy (about a goal every 3 starts in the league) and although things haven't worked out for him this season, for whatever reason, I think he still has it in him to contribute about 12 goals a season in the SPL.

It's inevitable that he will leave Hibs, either this month or in the summer, because I think even he realises that his days with us are numbered. The fans have turned against him and when that happens there is usually no way back.

Personally I wish him all the best, wherever he goes, as I was quite pleased when I heard that we had signed him.

JimBHibees
10-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I have no idea if he would succeed in Cyprus as I don't know what the quality of their league is like but if he moves to another side in the SPL, I would back him to score plenty of goals for his new team.

Prior to this season, his record for us was quite healthy (about a goal every 3 starts in the league) and although things haven't worked out for him this season, for whatever reason, I think he still has it in him to contribute about 12 goals a season in the SPL.

It's inevitable that he will leave Hibs, either this month or in the summer, because I think even he realises that his days with us are numbered. The fans have turned against him and when that happens there is usually no way back.

Personally I wish him all the best, wherever he goes, as I was quite pleased when I heard that we had signed him.

I agree hope he goes abroad as there can be no greater certainty that he would come back to haunt us IMO.

Billy Whizz
10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Chick Yong just said on Sportsound that Nish is training with a Chinese team in Cyprus.
Also mentioned that there is interest in Riordan from abroad.

WhileTheChief..
10-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Radio Scotland, well Chick Young, reporting that Nish is in Cyprus training with an unknown Chinese team right now.

Also went on to say that Riordan's agent has been inundated with interest from several clubs, particularly from Turkey and the far east.

ancient hibee
10-01-2011, 06:52 PM
The Far East?Would that be Dunbar or Eyemouth?

zlatan
10-01-2011, 06:58 PM
After all those positive deals to build relations between China and Scotland we have to go and ruin it.

Unless it's a swap, we get two giant pandas for 10 years entertainment and China get a giant pudding to enjoy.

scoopyboy
10-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Radio Scotland, well Chick Young, reporting that Nish is in Cyprus training with an unknown Chinese team right now.

Also went on to say that Riordan's agent has been inundated with interest from several clubs, particularly from Turkey and the far east.

Is he implying Nish doesn't know who they are!!!!!!

The Keeper
10-01-2011, 07:14 PM
After all those positive deals to build relations between China and Scotland we have to go and ruin it.

Unless it's a swap, we get two giant pandas for 10 years entertainment and China get a giant pudding to enjoy.

Superb:faf:

Love the Green
10-01-2011, 07:16 PM

:top marks
KEEP THE FAITH:top marks

bingo70
10-01-2011, 07:22 PM

:top marks Brilliant.

Just chored that and sent it on to folk, you should really copyright posts like that :wink:

Hibs Class
10-01-2011, 07:33 PM

Linking Nish to China isn't new.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7901744.stm

Dirkster23
10-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Hopefully it works out for Nish and he can try and get his career back on track.

Bamba's already gone and by the looks of it Nish is as good as away. The big question is, when are we going to get replacements in?

macidee1875
10-01-2011, 08:27 PM
no bothered about players leaving,whos coming into replace? would rather he was still at the club if no one is lined up for a move.He got us goals in the past and im sure he would produce some eventually.Doubt Trakys is going to be as productive as Nish has been in the past.The ****bos have had loads of useless diddys like him and sent the majority of them back.

steakbake
10-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Is he implying Nish doesn't know who they are!!!!!!

Yeah, I had to read that twice. Made me imagine Nish kicking a ball around with a few Chinese lads on a beach.

Septimus
10-01-2011, 08:42 PM
he can take another 10 or so on that 1 way flight to Cyprus if it happens.
I'm not a fan of his and have never rated him, but i agree with Bingo that he's better than he's shown this season.
we need a big clear out, and need to start getting better in.

whether or not CC actually get's any better in remains to be seen, but we need the clear out to begin anyway.

Please not Cyprus.