PDA

View Full Version : Where to go, before and after a game

capitale
10-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi.

I am a Hibs fan from Norway. I lived in Edinburgh for a year in the late ninetees and after that Hibs has been my team. (Although I lived in Gorgie, of all places:))

Now there is cheap flights from Norway to Edinburgh, and it is easy to pop over for a weekend and see a game. What I was wondering was if there are any pubs near Easter Road where the fans are having a drink before the game, and after as well?

It would have been nice to meet fellow Hibs supporters in a Hibees pub if I was over to see a game.

Cheers in advance.

Skanko79
10-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi.

I am a Hibs fan from Norway. I lived in Edinburgh for a year in the late ninetees and after that Hibs has been my team. (Although I lived in Gorgie, of all places:))

Now there is cheap flights from Norway to Edinburgh, and it is easy to pop over for a weekend and see a game. What I was wondering was if there are any pubs near Easter Road where the fans are having a drink before the game, and after as well?

It would have been nice to meet fellow Hibs supporters in a Hibees pub if I was over to see a game.

Cheers in advance.

I took a few guys from Norway to Easter Road last season for the derby, they do a TV show in Norway and get to travel the globe going to Derby matches (lucky b@astards). They also wrote Henning Berg's autobiography, top guys and showed them a great time.

Anywhere on Easter Road is good before and after the game, i personally prefer the Iona Bar (across the road from b&q) as its my local and always a good laugh. :thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Rermoved by admin

:confused:

.Sean.
10-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Removed by adminEh? What's the guy said wrong?

Hibbyradge
10-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi.

Cheers in advance.

One of the guys I go to the games with is Norwegian. He has been in Edinburgh since the 1970's.

Send me a Private Message and I'll introduce you when you come over.

Skol.

capitale
10-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the info.

By the way, how do you like the new stand?

I was at the Hibs-Ross County cup-tie last season and then I was baffled when I entered the ground and saw just a big empty space:wink:

A bit strange to be there when it was just three stands.

Looking forward to visit a complete Easter Road.