PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Adam rooney

R'Albin
10-01-2011, 10:06 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/86041-adam-rooney/page__st__120 I fully expect to get slated for my "source" got told by a yam mate this was on sickback. Apparently this Jay Jay guy is reliable. Is there any truth in this?? would be great if true:thumbsup:(go to page one)

Rattus Norvegicus
10-01-2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/86041-adam-rooney/page__st__120 I fully expect to get slated for my "source" got told by a yam mate this was on sickback. Apparently this Jay Jay guy is reliable. Is there any truth in this?? would be great if true:thumbsup:(go to page one)
I have no idea if this rumour is true, or not. But here is the likely source of it...

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?201025-Adam-Rooney

Ritchie
10-01-2011, 10:16 AM
:pray: please please please :pray:

col02
10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I think it will be on a pre contract if anything rather than signing him this window. Given the scope Hibs will have come the summer it makes sense to make a move or two now to get players signed for the start of pre season training rather than the usual waiting till end of July. Have to remember might have the challenge cup to play for then anyway. :greengrin

bingo70
10-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I think it will be on a pre contract if anything rather than signing him this window. Given the scope Hibs will have come the summer it makes sense to make a move or two now to get players signed for the start of pre season training rather than the usual waiting till end of July. Have to remember might have the challenge cup to play for then anyway. :greengrin

I'm not one for asking the board to spend more than we've got, however i think this is one place we need to be trying to shell out, players who are out of contract in the summer, rather than wait till next season when we could be relegated we need players in now so to me this seems the best way to get decent value in january.

What we don't need now is young players with no experience on loan for 6 months so there's be even more upheaval in the summer.

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 10:35 AM

Isn't he OOC in May? If so then ICT might take a fee for him now, rather than let him leave for hee-haw at the end of the Season.

Ritchie
10-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Isn't he OOC in May? If so then ICT might take a fee for him now, rather than let him leave for hee-haw at the end of the Season.

i'd shell out money to get him now.

should only cost us about £200k max.

if we dont get him now, other teams will come in and offer better wages nearer the end of the season.

col02
10-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Caley are fifth in the league at the moment with a decent chance of finishing in the top six so I do not see them selling their top scorer for what would probably be a nominal fee even at the risk of losing him for nothing come the end of the season.

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Caley are fifth in the league at the moment with a decent chance of finishing in the top six so I do not see them selling their top scorer for what would probably be a nominal fee even at the risk of losing him for nothing come the end of the season.

I hope you're wrong:greengrin

WindyMiller
10-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Finishing 5th as opposed to 7th is worth £200k IIRC, then add on the extra gate money.

bingo70
10-01-2011, 10:56 AM

Would calleys priority not be staying up? if so they look pretty safe just now so may be happier to consider selling now rather than risk losing him for free in the summer as there's no guarantee by keeping him they'll finish top 6.

Anyone any idea how much a top 6 finish would be worth to them? wouldn't have thought it'd be any more than about £100k?

WindyMiller
10-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Would calleys priority not be staying up? if so they look pretty safe just now so may be happier to consider selling now rather than risk losing him for free in the summer as there's no guarantee by keeping him they'll finish top 6.

Anyone any idea how much a top 6 finish would be worth to them? wouldn't have thought it'd be any more than about £100k?

I think it's nearer £200k.

EH6 Hibby
10-01-2011, 11:08 AM
The fact that this has been posted over there makes me even less likely to believe it! Sounds like something they've hatched to try and get us excited so they can laugh at us! :grr:

Speedway
10-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Interesting that the thread also suggests that we are in for Burt Reynolds at Motherwell.

bingo70
10-01-2011, 11:10 AM
I think it's nearer £200k.

Cheers, notice you answered that 2 minutes before i asked so fair play, i'm not about to start disagreeing with someone thats got a mind like yours :wink:

Seriously though if thats the case i'm sure a bid of around the £150k would be accepted, the other issue though is that he might not want to commit to coming to us just now, if there is other clubs wanting him it'd be in his interest to wait till the summer, no real benefit to him signing for us now.

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 11:11 AM
The fact that this has been posted over there makes me even less likely to believe it! Sounds like something they've hatched to try and get us excited so they can laugh at us! :grr:

Sort of proxy-trolling?

Lmc2105
10-01-2011, 11:11 AM

:agree: taken it with a pinch of salt untill i see it on ssn or something like that to say it's been agreed and done.

can't see any business being done by us maybe untill the last week to see who we can get on loan.

Its the hibs way

Lmc2105
10-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Interesting that the thread also suggests that we are in for Burt Reynolds at Motherwell.

Noticed that aswell Speedway ... he was one of the 3 players i asked for in the other thread these jambos must look at hibs.net more these days to get a story :greengrin

EH6 Hibby
10-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Sort of proxy-trolling?

I just remember a similar thing being done on here last January when the roles were reversed so it wouldn't surprise me if this has all originated from over there. Hope I'm wrong though.

WindyMiller
10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Cheers, notice you answered that 2 minutes before i asked so fair play, i'm not about to start disagreeing with someone thats got a mind like yours :wink:

Seriously though if thats the case i'm sure a bid of around the £150k would be accepted, the other issue though is that he might not want to commit to coming to us just now, if there is other clubs wanting him it'd be in his interest to wait till the summer, no real benefit to him signing for us now.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQjCmKXG70BuF3kVKbN7zxRb1CUuSEo CkJAibtQeBAVgqV2xQiyw
:wink:

I'd like to bring the lad here a.s.a.p., but would accept a pre-contract.
I've no idea of the state of ICT's finances, therefore no idea of their needs for cash. For all their good away run they've fell away a bit over the past few weeks.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a load of pash just like the Sproule and Nile Ranger rumours. Belive it when i see it.

bingo70
10-01-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6648753,00.html

Official bid now in for him from that russian mob so guess we'll find out soon enough if there's anything in it but probably means we've next to no chance of getting him.

whereswallace?
10-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Sorry but this is a non starter.We cant offer anywhere near what he's been offered elsewhere.

PaulSmith
10-01-2011, 05:13 PM
There will be a stumbling block or something else to stop it happening.

bingo70
10-01-2011, 05:19 PM
http://community.caleythistleonline.com/topic/21073-roo-on-the-move/page__st__25

according to someone on calley thistle online website we've had a bid rejected, i've attached a link but think you need to register to see it (i've been on a day off and bored out my nut :wink:)

ancient hibee
10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
He'll go down south in a blaze of glory,be totally out of his depth,go out on loan then we'll take him on loan and he'll break a foot -when he finally plays he'll turn out to be not even half the player he was before he went south but considerably richer.Just like some other player whose name escapes me.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2011, 05:57 PM
He'll go down south in a blaze of glory,be totally out of his depth,go out on loan then we'll take him on loan and he'll break a foot -when he finally plays he'll turn out to be not even half the player he was before he went south but considerably richer.Just like some other player whose name escapes me.

Velicka? :greengrin

Davy Mac
10-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Quite enjoyed reading some nice jumbo chat about the Hibs, I didnae think they were that interested in us.:aok:

Ah well, just shows you - your neighbours still like to peak over the fence to see what's going on now and again.....:greengrin

Septimus
11-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Quite enjoyed reading some nice jumbo chat about the Hibs, I didnae think they were that interested in us.:aok:

Ah well, just shows you - your neighbours still like to peak over the fence to see what's going on now and again.....:greengrin

Good to see that they can be superior while looking over their collective shoulders at impending doom.

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2011, 06:40 AM
There will be a stumbling block or something else to stop it happening.

yeah, but rather saying stumbling block all the time why can't they just use the word cash :greengrin

Wheat Hound
14-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Story in todays sun that we are after rooney. Also says Deek and Nish will be leaving, albeit not much on the way of specifics in the article and, yes, I know its the sun etc

HNA7
14-01-2011, 03:16 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3351176/Hibs-set-to-join-race-for-Adam.html

Sprouleflyer
14-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Story in todays sun that we are after rooney. Also says Deek and Nish will be leaving, albeit not much on the way of specifics in the article and, yes, I know its the sun etc

No doubt Hearts will be in for him any minute now!

sahib
14-01-2011, 07:03 AM
No doubt Hearts will be in for him any minute now!

The picture of Rooney in that item is the first time I have seen him and I don't think he looks Hibs class.

Eganov
14-01-2011, 09:46 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9361323.stm

CB_NO3
14-01-2011, 11:23 AM
A few txts flying about saying Rooney is having a medical at Easter Road. Make what you want of it.

smurf
14-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Would be a cracking signing IMHO.

Craig_in_Prague
14-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Would be very happy if we signed him. But also want Deek to stay badly.

We need as much quality as possible and to start having a better squad, better bench and options etc.

allmodcons
14-01-2011, 11:33 AM

We need as much quality as possible and to start having a better squad, better bench and options etc.

CC has seen first hand what damage Rooney can do (4v2 game at Inverness).

He puts himself about and is also a decent finisher.

IMO he'd be a good partner for Riordan. Not too disimilar to Gary O'Connor.

ionahibby
14-01-2011, 11:40 AM
A few txts flying about saying Rooney is having a medical at Easter Road. Make what you want of it.

Had few texts today as well all saying that we had forked out 1/4 of a million for the guy petrie must be on holiday :greengrin

Alex Trager
14-01-2011, 11:40 AM
It's in the sun today

smurf
14-01-2011, 11:41 AM

I totally agree.

CB_NO3
14-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Av heard 200k plus Nish.

Hermit Crab
14-01-2011, 11:48 AM

I thought the medicals are done at East Mains training centre? :confused:

superfurryhibby
14-01-2011, 11:53 AM

A wee bit like the idea that a Hibs team who were chasing the old firm and a scottish cup wouldn't sell their top striker to a russian team.

No, money talks, always. We have the Bamba fee to tempt them with. I though Rooney looked decent against us and would like to see him at ER

SneakersO'Toole
14-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Why would he come to a team that could potentially be playing in the 1st division next year? Not trying to be defeatist, just realistic.

Continue in the form he is in just now and he'll get a move to the championship no problem at the end of the season.

ScottB
14-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Why would he come to a team that could potentially be playing in the 1st division next year? Not trying to be defeatist, just realistic.

Continue in the form he is in just now and he'll get a move to the championship no problem at the end of the season.

Money presumably.

I would think he'd need another season or two up here before heading South, better to do that at a club that has proven track record of sending players on to bigger and better things I guess.

GloryGlory
14-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Are the texts from the same source that said Stevie Clarke was our new manager?

HibbyKeith
14-01-2011, 12:06 PM

If his form continues and he comes here, then first division football is null and void. :wink:

CB_NO3
14-01-2011, 12:08 PM
In a word, NO. Am not getting too excited by it either, ill wait till its official. Am just saying there is txts flying around.

persevere1875
14-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Av heard 200k plus Nish.

Who's making up the difference :offski:

steviecarnie
14-01-2011, 12:39 PM
In a word, NO. Am not getting too excited by it either, ill wait till its official. Am just saying there is txts flying around.

heard from a very reliable source - lets just say he works in the best place in leith :greengrin
that its a done deal

P.S no i dont mean scorpio leisure:wink:

Hibee Daz
14-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Av heard 200k plus Nish.

Totally awesome if true. :partyhibb

CB_NO3
14-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Are the texts from the same source that said Stevie Clarke was our new manager?
I wouldn't know, I never recieved that txt.

Stevie Reid
14-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Didn't realise he was 6'2" - 40 goals in 85 matches for ICT, yes please.

Still a risk, as any signing is, even more so if there is a few involved. But, if it happens, it is exactly the kind of signing we need right now - an exciting one involving a transfer fee to get many fans back on side and a wee bit excited. And, most importantly, one who should score the goals to pull as away from the relegation zone.

Jim44
14-01-2011, 12:57 PM

Unfortunately I've got to agree. Coming to ER would be too big a risk in two respects.

SteveG
14-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Heard is is also being watched by the manager of Young Boys of Berne at their game with well. Agents trying to get best deal for player.

ivan03
14-01-2011, 01:00 PM
i can hear it.... ringing around easter road already..........

ROONEY! ROONEY! ROONEY! ROONEY!
:aok:

Cropley10
14-01-2011, 01:02 PM
heard from a very reliable source - lets just say he works in the best place in leith :greengrin
that its a done deal

P.S no i dont mean scorpio leisure:wink:

:faf:

Diclonius
14-01-2011, 01:04 PM
So, that'll be Hearts ringing up his agent and offering him stupid money within the next few hours? :grr:

matty_f
14-01-2011, 01:05 PM
So, that'll be Hearts ringing up his agent and offering him stupid money within the next few hours? :grr:

:agree: They'll be trying to scupper the deal as we speak.

aberhibsfc
14-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Seen the piece in the current bun today regards our interest in Rooney. They make the assumption that we will have the Riordan and Nish wages at our disposal in the new season. Maybe this will transpire, but a bit presumptious. Also do they think that we only have enough money if these two leave, given that they are just two of sixteen contracts up in the summer. I think we'd be able to afford him just now or if anyone else leaves. It's just a matter if he is outpriced.

I get annoyed with the media in this country, there is this over obsession regards the OF and they don't care how much coverage or how accurate they portray the other teams. Riordan will always be in their eyes, the former Celtc star, despite the fact that he developed with us and virtually played his whole career with us. Not to mention that he hardly kicked a ball for THEM during his short stint. **** off, the lot of them.

superfurryhibby
14-01-2011, 02:44 PM

That's right, Hearts are always monitoring the Hibs net message board wating to swoop on any of our signing targets, especially one as secret as a high scoring SPL forward :wink:

sunshine1875
14-01-2011, 03:03 PM
14 Jan 2011 13:50:40
Hibs Rumours
Adam rooney spotted at hibs training ground looks to be signing 3 year deal

:cool2:

Source: from the same website that said Larsson was in the Newcastle Utd Club shop when he was actually on the football pitch in London at the same time!

easty
14-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Hibs Rumours

Source: from the same website that said Larsson was in the Newcastle Utd Club shop when he was actually on the football pitch in London at the same time!

Regardless of whether someone was/wasn't ever spotted somewhere....how could someone ever look like they were going to be signing a 3 year deal? I suppose he might have been walking about holding a "GOLF SALE" style sign announcing it...:rolleyes:

Golden Bear
14-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Hibs Rumours

It's now 16.10.

He must be a very slow writer as his name is not that long.

Wilson
14-01-2011, 03:22 PM
It's now 16.10.

He must be a very slow writer as his name is not that long.

He just wrote 'A Rooney'. Now we have to find out which Rooney - Wayne or Mickey.

phoenixfire
14-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Maybe this is the guy:greengrin

RickyS
14-01-2011, 03:38 PM
comment from a poster on the Caley Forum

On another note, I'd welcome Rankin back anyday to TCS, and think Nish could still do a job in the SPL as well.

is there a big drug problem up there?

ScottB
14-01-2011, 03:43 PM
comment from a poster on the Caley Forum

On another note, I'd welcome Rankin back anyday to TCS, and think Nish could still do a job in the SPL as well.

is there a big drug problem up there?

More that the criticism of the two of them has reached ridiculous proportions around here.

I reckon either of them would find a home in most SPL squads, and come back to haunt us as ex players always do.

el capitano
14-01-2011, 03:52 PM
More that the criticism of the two of them has reached ridiculous proportions around here.

I reckon either of them would find a home in most SPL squads, and come back to haunt us as ex players always do.

i think so also, its crazy how many posters stick these players and others into there posts to try and be funny.

Cropley10
14-01-2011, 04:00 PM

I'd love Nish and Rankin to come back and haunt us :greengrin

degenerated
14-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Regardless of whether someone was/wasn't ever spotted somewhere....how could someone ever look like they were going to be signing a 3 year deal? I suppose he might have been walking about holding a "GOLF SALE" style sign announcing it...:rolleyes:

he's a fitba player, he was probably spotted chatting to Rod and counting to three on his fingers :agree:

SteveHFC
14-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Hibs are close to signing Adam Le Fondre from Rotherham United. Also on CC's radar is Adam Rooney who he is trying to sign this month and will allow Colin Nish as part of the deal.

Taken from the Bounce.

PaulSmith
14-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Hibs are close to signing Adam Le Fondre from Rotherham United. Also on CC's radar is Adam Rooney who he is trying to sign this month and will allow Colin Nish as part of the deal.

Taken from the Bounce.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6512669,00.html

Still a year and a bit to go on his contract..scored 16 in 24 this season and 30 in 51 last.

CropleyWasGod
14-01-2011, 05:11 PM
he's a fitba player, he was probably spotted chatting to Rod and counting to three on his fingers :agree:

If he shook hands with Rod, I hope he counted his bloody fingers afterwards. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2011, 05:11 PM
If Hibs sign Adam Le Fondre I'll take my computer into PC World and willingly accept the jail term that would undoubtedly follow

No way can we get him, he's outstanding.

CropleyWasGod
14-01-2011, 05:12 PM
If Hibs sign Adam Le Fondre I'll take my computer into PC World and willingly accept the jail term that would undoubtedly follow

Can I have your PC while you're inside? :greengrin

Andy74
14-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Magic!

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2011, 05:14 PM

You really, really, really do not want to enter into my world. Seriously. :greengrin

hibee4life1983
14-01-2011, 05:14 PM

Taken from the Bounce.

Cant see le fondre coming, id take him like, cracking player, think a move up here wouldnt do him any favours and he has been attracting interest from the championship.

HibbyKeith
14-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Cant see le fondre coming, id take him like, cracking player, think a move up here wouldnt do him any favours and he has been attracting interest from the championship.

certainly knows where the goals are....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD1bREp1JPg

HibbyKeith
14-01-2011, 05:23 PM
how bad is the pitch at 50secs of the video :bitchy:

crewetollhibee
14-01-2011, 05:25 PM
You want his Policeman ? What would you feed him on ? :confused:

CropleyWasGod
14-01-2011, 05:27 PM
You want his Policeman ? What would you feed him on ? :confused:

Trolls from Hibs.net? :confused:

aberhibsfc
14-01-2011, 05:37 PM

:agree:

Rankin and Nish will never be legends but as usual are painted as rank or single fish. I am sure there have been far worse players at ER, these two are subject to so much negative attention, I'm surprised that they can keep there heads down. I can't imagine how it would feel to be treated in such a manner, especially Nish as it's his team. They didn't scout and sign themselves.

Mark my words, if they stay in the SPL they'll get games and they will get their share of good ones. It's not like Beckham wants a loan here. I agree would should be able to source better players but that's if the budget permits.

They frustrate me at times but you'll not find me booing them down. Most likely they'll be away in the summer, just get off their backs and let them try to have a better run into the seasons end.

Aldo
14-01-2011, 05:38 PM
If Le Fondre (spl) signs for us I will let Gramo sit in a bath of baked beans outside ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :greengrin

Would be an excellent signing IMHO defo knows where the goals are. (Cannae see this happening though)

hibee92
14-01-2011, 05:42 PM
both rooney and le fondre would be very good signings for us! i'd be happy with one of them! :agree:

Diclonius
14-01-2011, 06:07 PM
That's right, Hearts are always monitoring the Hibs net message board wating to swoop on any of our signing targets, especially one as secret as a high scoring SPL forward :wink:

I seriously wouldn't put it past them. The whole club is obsessed with us, from fans right up to the administration.