PDA

View Full Version : Clayton Donaldson

keep the faith
10-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Looking very sharp. Couple of decent finishes here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/9352200.stm

Not sure about the haircut though!!

Ritchie
10-01-2011, 10:48 AM
found his level.

had high hopes for him when he joined but, like with so many others, its just didnt work!

Perspective
10-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Always thought there was something to work with. He had speed (sadly lacking in the team now), was direct and could finish.

I remember him scoring a great goal against Kilmarnock cutting in from the flank.

Didn't get much of a run in the team and I think it was a wasted opportunity for both parties.

greenlex
10-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Always thought there was something to work with. He had speed (sadly lacking in the team now), was direct and could finish.

I remember him scoring a great goal against Kilmarnock cutting in from the flank.

Didn't get much of a run in the team and I think it was a wasted opportunity for both parties.

agree. That's about the size of it.
Was the goal from the flank not against Well in the CIS when we opened the scoring before getting rodgered 4-1?

Perspective
10-01-2011, 11:22 AM
agree. That's about the size of it.
Was the goal from the flank not against Well in the CIS when we opened the scoring before getting rodgered 4-1?

You're right, it was Motherwell. Think he got a hat-trick against Killie.

Duffys13
10-01-2011, 11:26 AM
You're right, it was Motherwell. Think he got a hat-trick against Killie.

He did and he also missed a penalty in that game!

brog
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM

Agreed, strength & pace are where we're sadly lacking. If he hadn't already been at ER I'm sure many on here would be clamouring to sign him based on his recent form!

Pretty Boy
10-01-2011, 12:24 PM

:agree:

I always thought he was one to work with.

He was miles away from the finished product but there was something about him. He was pacy, direct and could finish when he had the chance. I would have kept him a bit longer than we did.

Baader
10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Think he's found his level in the fourth tier of English football...

Dinkydoo
10-01-2011, 12:35 PM
[/B]

He did and he also missed a penalty in that game!

Did we not get something ridiculous like 3 penalties in that game - he scored two.......... :confused:

Frogga
10-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't think he ever played that well for us tbh and thought it was the right decision to let him go.

I'd rather have Antoine-Curier back.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Think he's found his level in the fourth tier of English football...

Just like us?

:cool2:

Hibercelona
10-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't think he ever played that well for us tbh and thought it was the right decision to let him go.

I'd rather have Antoine-Curier back.

Now theres a player who knows where the gap between the posts are. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Rated as a half a million pound player down south but couldn't really cut it in our league. I remember him playing against Brechin City and thinking he is really quick on his feet. No consistent end product though.