PDA

View Full Version : January Window

Famous Fiver
10-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Just a thought on the January transfer window.

It looks as if Bamba was shipped out in the first few hours of the window so Leicester were obviously poised and ready to act. Where were we in the first few hours of the window as far as identifying arrivals was concerned? If Leicester can do it, why can't we?

It's now January 10th and the silence from the club on new arrivals is deafening.

Look at the impact Bamba made yesterday. Suddenly he is a media darling.

Surely it was not outside the abilities of our management team to be similarly prepared for the arrival of the window?

Or am I just hoping for too much?

As many posters have mentioned elsewhere, action is needed, and needed now.

DC_Hibs
10-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Based on Calderwoods interview last week it seems that there were a couple of "stumbling blocks" to ones he had identified. He mentioned injuries and getting back into their teams.

HFC07
10-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Surely someone from Easter road should be coming out and making a statement that the club is activly looking to add to the squad in january.
The fact nobody has mentioned any signings yet is very worrying, surely they do not think this current pool of players are capiable of keeping us from the drop.

GreenPJ
10-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Surely someone from Easter road should be coming out and making a statement that the club is activly looking to add to the squad in january.
The fact nobody has mentioned any signings yet is very worrying, surely they do not think this current pool of players are capiable of keeping us from the drop.

There are 21 days left in the window. Traditionally the majority of moves all come late in the window other than big clubs with money to burn.

CropleyWasGod
10-01-2011, 10:06 AM

Why? Hibs, in recent years, say something when there is something to say. Apart from that, by saying "we want players", they would be effectively saying to agents "put your clients' demands up".

Famous Fiver
10-01-2011, 10:51 AM
I agree with you but my point is that if Leicester had targets pinpointed and acted immediately why couldn't we? I understand there may have been issues but surely we there couldn't be a stumbling block with EVERY potential target.

There must be players out there who would jump at the chance to join Hibs.

We made a centre half, who looked out of condition, and would've turned slower than the Queen Mary, appear world class on Saturday. He didn't have to break sweat. They had a left back with socks flapping round his ankles who never gave up for 90 minutes. They brought a guy on for 10 minutes at the end who all but won it for them. And they are all SECOND division players!

The longer the window goes the more desperate we become, agents know this, and we are suddenly paying over the odds for more dross as the window closes.

Or am I misguided?

borstalboy
10-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I agree with you but my point is that if Leicester had targets pinpointed and acted immediately why couldn't we? I understand there may have been issues but surely we there couldn't be a stumbling block with EVERY potential target.

There must be players out there who would jump at the chance to join Hibs.

We made a centre half, who looked out of condition, and would've turned slower than the Queen Mary, appear world class on Saturday. He didn't have to break sweat. They had a left back with socks flapping round his ankles who never gave up for 90 minutes. They brought a guy on for 10 minutes at the end who all but won it for them. And they are all SECOND division players!

The longer the window goes the more desperate we become, agents know this, and we are suddenly paying over the odds for more dross as the window closes.

Or am I misguided?

I would repeat what someone said earlier in this post, it seems from Calderwood thought he had a few players lined up, however, due to sacking/introduction of managers and injuries these have been put on hold. Can't blame him for that.