PDA

View Full Version : How Bad does it have to be

happiehibbie
09-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I have been going to ER for 40 years i can only say that this is the worst pool of players i have seen, I read posts on her about Deeks i watched him yesterday closely he is the best player we have but feel we need to have more dig at the moment. TBH the whole team apart from mark brown were pants.what beats me is that RP and the board of directors watch the same rubbish we do, CC shows no passion from the sidelines his interviews are poor but the jury is still out. we need passion and players with at least some skills. our players first touch yesterday was a pass to them we create nothing we dont dig in . they complain when we boo what do they expect ! are we fit enough ! are we worth watching i have never asked myself this but coming away yesterday i thought why should i come back its freezing and the footie is rubbish ......Pls RP and partners show some passion we have all the foundations in place give us a team to watch and fill the stands ..sorry for any spelling mistakes

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 08:53 AM
I understand why you say we need more dig in the side, but if we replaced Miller and Riordan with Nish and Rankin, do you honestly think our results would improve? Its more quality thats needed, yes by all means let them have a bit of dig about them, but they need to be better players, and have better all round quality if we are to improve.

Captain Trips
10-01-2011, 09:12 AM
It may be more acceptable if this was a dip in form. However we are not off form our norm is poor fayre a dip in that is if we play well.

Results/performance over last 12 months show we are normally a poor side with the odd exceptions and that for me is unacceptable.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I think the lack of passion on and off the field is the most irritating thing for me, the absolute silence that comes from the boardroom at ER is probably my main bug, nobody is trying to inspire or simply make the fans feel just a wee bit better by this endless stance from RP, in my book he's never a football man in his puff, if he was you would think he would have at least tried to rally the fans by saying something, anything!

Speedway
10-01-2011, 09:56 AM
For years we were a decent side with a poor keeper and now we're a decent keeper with a poor side.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

ahibby
10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I seem to be one of the minority who think that we have enough passion. I'm not sure what the problem is though but I'll stick my neck out and say that we lack a settled team. I'm not sure whether CC intentionally plays a rotation system or he selects players on the bases of who the opposition are but for whatever reason we hardly ever put out the same starting eleven two weeks running. The most successful Hibs teams I can think of were settled sides not sides who were changed every other week. We also have a fair bit of youth in our side with Galbraith, Wotherspoon and Hanlon (I'm not sure what age Grounds is). Those guys are still learning their trade and it isn't easy to win a game if you play a lot of apprentices at once. On Saturday when we are at 0-0 we brought young Wotherspoon on and while I think he is a very good player and showed that by skinning their defence more than one, we became more inexperienced as a side. It's not only due to youth though because some of our experienced players such as Miller (I've singled him out but he may not be the only culprit), are giving the ball away far to cheaply. McBride, Zemama and Duffy did that too but they have an excuse in that they haven't had recent runs in the team. So Miller and Grounds stand out as the main culprits in my eyes, but there may well be others. If we are going to rely on youth then those experienced players have to set the right example on (and off) the pitch. We need to come up with a settled side not a different one each week.