PDA

View Full Version : Houston's post-match comments...

coco22
09-01-2011, 03:37 PM
anyone listen to peter houston talking very honestly after the DU draw yesterday? he clearly indicated the reasons why he wasn't happy with the result, the individuals that he felt were not up to scratch and why. i totally appreciate his direct talking (not slagging them off) and think that an air of honesty breeds respect amongst the players and management. i understand CC may well do this behind closed doors but feel a few of our players / fans could do with hearing the truth about their performances from the guy in charge in the same way.

bingo70
09-01-2011, 03:41 PM
anyone listen to peter houston talking very honestly after the DU draw yesterday? he clearly indicated the reasons why he wasn't happy with the result, the individuals that he felt were not up to scratch and why. i totally appreciate his direct talking (not slagging them off) and think that an air of honesty breeds respect amongst the players and management. i understand CC may well do this behind closed doors but feel a few of our players / fans could do with hearing the truth about their performances from the guy in charge in the same way.

I was saying the same thing to mates yesterday, had actually typed out a thread but didn't want to add to the calderwood bashing (which is ridiculous IMO).

When was the last time you heard a hibs manager saying publically that he was annoyed at the players and they need to up there game if they want to stay here? Under Yogi, Mixu and now CC all we seem to hear is that they are a terrific bunch of players putting in loads of effort bla bla bla, I never like praising them across the city but i bet you FJK wouldn't be walking on egg shells worried in case the wee treasures had there confidence dented.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM

CC will be under instructions by the Kremlin not to say a word, just like his employers

:wink:

Andy74
09-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I was saying the same thing to mates yesterday, had actually typed out a thread but didn't want to add to the calderwood bashing (which is ridiculous IMO).

When was the last time you heard a hibs manager saying publically that he was annoyed at the players and they need to up there game if they want to stay here? Under Yogi, Mixu and now CC all we seem to hear is that they are a terrific bunch of players putting in loads of effort bla bla bla, I never like praising them across the city but i bet you FJK wouldn't be walking on egg shells worried in case the wee treasures had there confidence dented.

I think Hughes once suggested hanlon had made a mistake and was then crucified on here for ruining thevpoorvguyd fragile confidence.

Dr Jimmy
09-01-2011, 06:19 PM
If Petrie fined Deek for criticising the pitch, what would he do to the manager if he criticised a player.....??

renato
10-01-2011, 08:24 AM
I think Hughes once suggested hanlon had made a mistake and was then crucified on here for ruining thevpoorvguyd fragile confidence.

Do remember this incident but seem to recall that people were more baffled as to why paul got singled out for his first real mistake whereas yogi's favourites seemed to escape public criticism, regardless of how they performed?

WindyMiller
10-01-2011, 09:03 AM

I thought it was Mixu?
But the rest of you post is spot on.

On Saturday there was a guy behind me screaming for CC the "show some emotion f.f.s.", were I always thought Hughes went over the top and played to the crowd.
Funny old game.

ahibby
10-01-2011, 09:20 AM
The tv caught CC having a big yawn to himself just before the whistle for half time. I don't know whether he was bored in general, or the game bored him, he certainly didn't look tired. However anyone can get caught on camera doing somehting in a split second that can be picked up on. Our finishing and lack of a cutting edge was at fault but we shouldn't take anything away from Ayr as they did a very good job with a very good game plan and I thought their goalie was very good for the second division. We need a better midfield and that is where CC should start and I hope the board help him even if it means borrowing from STF.

Frazerbob
10-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Houston did the same after our game against them. He made a point of praising every player except Danny Swanson who he ripped up for arse paper. He went on record as saying that he was 100% to blame for United not winning the game.

Causeway Corner
10-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Players get paid enough so a bit of slagging off in public shouldn't upset them. If they don't like what they hear they have 2 options, leave town or buckle down and get better.

bingo70
10-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Players get paid enough so a bit of slagging off in public shouldn't upset them. If they don't like what they hear they have 2 options, leave town or buckle down and get better.

I don't actually agree that how much money they make should have any relevance to there mentallity, however over the last few years all they've had is the nicely nicely routine and it's not worked so maybe it's about time to try something different and start putting them under some pressure to perform.

Hibercelona
10-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I personally believe that CC is being told what to say in interviews.

He always comes across as a man that holds back what he really wants to say.

If so, then its a pretty worrying situation when the manager can't communicate honestly with the fans when thats the very least we deserve.