PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths

dunfyhibby
09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Watching the Dundee - Motherwell game and have to say,
I dont get all the hype on here about Leigh Griffiths. Very ordinary IMO.

Calvin
09-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Seems to be showing some 'fight' at least.

Hermit Crab
09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Watching the Dundee - Motherwell game and have to say,
I dont get all the hype on here about Leigh Griffiths. Very ordinary IMO.

Your watching it on tv. Not fair to judge the guy after seeing a match on tv.
His performances have consistent for weeks banging in the goals for Dundee. Could he make the step up to spl? Lets sign him and find out.

dunfyhibby
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
His performances have consistent for weeks banging in the goals for Dundee. Could he make the step up to spl? Lets sign him and find out.
To be truthful its the first time i've really seen him but thought he would be better! Looks a bit lightweight to me!

Littlest Hobo
09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Anyone watching the derby on T.V and seeing Riordan for the first time would I'm sure say the same thing.......:taxi

Franck is God
09-01-2011, 01:53 PM
I've never actually seen him play but if we are looking for a striker I'd rather that our sights were set higher than a player that has only scored 8 league goals from 17 matches and that is playing for a team that has won 32 points and has a +15 goal difference in a lower division.

He might be worth a shot as a free transfer if he was out of contract to give him a chance at a higher level but definitely not worth paying money for.

PatHead
09-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Looks more like a replacement for Riordan rather than a player who would compliment him. Too similar in style?

SloopJB
09-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Jeez, at least wait til he's signed for us before slagging him off

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 01:59 PM

I would agree with part of that - it is unfair to judge a player on one performance.

However, the fact he is banging in goals for Dundee in the 1st is not very relevant, was a good test for him today to see how he would do against an SPL defence.

IMO he is not really what we are after, an unproven Duffy? We dont need a striker like that, we need one that has a bit of height or good ability in holding up the ball.

Hibercelona
09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
To be truthful its the first time i've really seen him but thought he would be better! Looks a bit lightweight to me!

Great!

Perhaps we can fit him in midfield somewhere....

3pm
09-01-2011, 02:05 PM
He supports Hibs so look no further. Nothing else matters.

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Anyone watching the derby on T.V and seeing Riordan for the first time would I'm sure say the same thing.......:taxi

:yawn:

Franck is God
09-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Nish supports Hibs but that doesn't seem to make any difference for him in the eyes of some fans

dunfyhibby
09-01-2011, 02:13 PM
If he's a hibby who has real quality then brilliant. Having quality is the main thing, being a hibby is a bonus, but lets not start buying players just cos they are hibby's.

Hibercelona
09-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Nish supports Hibs but that doesn't seem to make any difference for him in the eyes of some fans

And Rankin....

Hibercelona
09-01-2011, 02:15 PM
:yawn:

Its a good point TBF.

ScottB
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Lets be honest, how many players are hyped up on here as the next big thing, then 2 weeks later are dismissed as mince! :rolleyes:

Can already see it starting with the young guys like Booth and Byrne, being hyped up like they will save our season before they've even kicked a ball in anger.

3pm
09-01-2011, 02:19 PM
If he's a hibby who has real quality then brilliant. Having quality is the main thing, being a hibby is a bonus, but lets not start buying players just cos they are hibby's.

Exactly. I was being a smart arse.

The clamour for him is unreal yet he is unproven. Hibby and funny is a good enough reason for some to want him at ER at the first available opportunity.

Sylar
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
In all my time going to Livingston matches with my dad, there were many players who came through the Livi youth system who REALLY impressed me.

Dorrans, Snodgrass and James McPake were three good examples - Griffiths is another with a very good pedigree. I don't think he done himself ANY favours going to Dundee from Livingston, as it's put his career back a season or so. He's MUCH better than first division calibre, though he didn't really show it today.

dunfyhibby
09-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Exactly. I was being a smart arse.

The clamour for him is unreal yet he is unproven. Hibby and funny is a good enough reason for some to want him at ER at the first available opportunity.
Sorry 3pm, bit slow in picking that up!

Sir David Gray
09-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Straight red for Griffiths at the end of the game today.

Didn't see the tackle but the BBC website is saying that the challenge was bad.

hibiedude
09-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Your watching it on tv. Not fair to judge the guy after seeing a match on tv. His performances have consistent for weeks banging in the goals for Dundee. Could he make the step up to spl? Lets sign him and find out.

some of the people on the site judge our own players on what they see and hear on TV and Radio :rolleyes:

dunfyhibby
09-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Yeh it wasn't pretty and totally needless, the game was over! Stupid!

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
And Rankin....

And Rankin what?

Hibercelona
09-01-2011, 02:27 PM
And Rankin what?

Try reading the post that I replied to.

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Try reading the post that I replied to.

I did, are you saying Rankin is a hibby and doesn't deserve the abuse or just one or the other?

muirhousehibby
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Everytime someone suggests we go for this player or that player there's always moaning about how he plays at a lower level.

Thats were hibs should be signing players,if we aint splashing cash we should be looking at talent in lower leagues and thinking about bringing the players on (making them better). We have missed the boat on lots of good players in the past.

Robert Snodgrass, Graham Dorrans and Griffiths to name a few all came from a club with probably the best youth policy in scotland Livingston Fc..

Toaods
09-01-2011, 05:09 PM
he has a bit of pace and is built tougher than Deek but he's no wee Robbo which is all I could see him aiming at.

I thought he gave up too easily when tussling with Craigan, who to be fair is a good solid pro.

Strachan panned him for a poor challenge at the end when stupidly red carded leaving his struggling club even more short-handed.

Wouldn't be too chuffed to see us chase him to hard or pay too much for him on that showing as doesn't IMHO look the type to be able to lift us out of the mire.

Was very impressed with Craig Forsyth on the left wing though who must have been the one that broke McCormack's leg. Has pace to burn, takes men on and looks like he has a bit of aggro about him which I like in a winger. He certainly looked like he could do a job for us.

Kaiser1962
09-01-2011, 07:30 PM
he has a bit of pace and is built tougher than Deek but he's no wee Robbo which is all I could see him aiming at.

I thought he gave up too easily when tussling with Craigan, who to be fair is a good solid pro.

Strachan panned him for a poor challenge at the end when stupidly red carded leaving his struggling club even more short-handed.

Wouldn't be too chuffed to see us chase him to hard or pay too much for him on that showing as doesn't IMHO look the type to be able to lift us out of the mire.

Was very impressed with Craig Forsyth on the left wing though who must have been the one that broke McCormack's leg. Has pace to burn, takes men on and looks like he has a bit of aggro about him which I like in a winger. He certainly looked like he could do a job for us.

Agree. I like Forsyth. He has a bit badness in him that we lack.
Griffiths was let go from ER cos he was nuts. Based on todays red it would appear he still is.

Reaper
09-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Not a step in the right direction for me, I work with a Dundee ST holder and he says that although Griffiths gets goals, he misses alot of chances as well, doesn't work hard and is very huffy. If we do sign him though I hope he proves him and me wrong.

Toaods
09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Agree. I like Forsyth. He has a bit badness in him that we lack.

Ivan had the fire in his belly but what bonus he had in raw speed, was offset by his lack of steel in the tussles. This lad Forsyth I'd love to see rampaging forward for us.

moggie
09-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Maybe Griffiths just hasnt got decent players round about him, you know like Miller, Riordan etc.....:cool2:

Ed De Gramo
09-01-2011, 10:37 PM
would love to see him at ER.

you can't a player on TV coverage.....cause as posted earlier, Deek would look average (and we all know that is not the case!)

He'd be a good signing and will most definitely fight for the cause :agree:

.Sean.
09-01-2011, 10:58 PM

The tackle was a shocker but i'm not really too surprised. He's been flying into challenges like that since he was a laddie, he broke my mates' ankle back when he was at Leith I think it was.

He looked very ordinary against Motherwell.

Frazerbob
10-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Not for me on yesterday's performance. A poor man's Deek.... similar in size, style, takes free kicks but not in the same league. Unfortunately it seems he has the same shocking attitude when things are going against him.

CB_NO3
10-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Griffiths is ok, but nothing special. What is it with Hibs.Nets love in for this guy. Its worse than the Hibs.Net and Ian Black affair a few years ago.

Big90inOz
10-01-2011, 08:49 AM
would love to see him at ER.

you can't a player on TV coverage.....cause as posted earlier, Deek would look average (and we all know that is not the case!)

He'd be a good signing and will most definitely fight for the cause :agree:

Do we ?

Deek can strike a ball BUT no pace, rarely beats an opponent , goes in huff at the slightest thing, can't call him a team player either.

Deek at Easter Road the first time was by far a better player than the one we have now.

WindyMiller
10-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Do we ?

Deek can strike a ball BUT no pace, rarely beats an opponent , goes in huff at the slightest thing, can't call him a team player either.

Deek at Easter Road the first time was by far a better player than the one we have now.

40 pages, infractions and bans!:agree:

SkintHibby
10-01-2011, 07:06 PM
And Rankin....

Rankin is a Rankgers fan.:confused:

SurferRosa
10-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Do we ?

Is it ok to disagree?lol .
First....the runs he makes take him past defenders.....he doesn`t really need speed
Second....it could be that he`s playing in a team that aren`t on the same level as him. I`v seen him make great runs, unfortunately, his teamates haven`t..!

Just a thought..!

sesoim
11-01-2011, 01:17 PM
He looks like a player from an area I'd rather not venture near (ie he's ugly and runs around assaulting folk).

Some folk obviously like that kind of thing here going by all the posts about him, but if we are going to sign a striker, I'd rather sign a target man with a bit of class.

sesoim
11-01-2011, 01:19 PM

Yeah, lets play him up front with Nish. And lets get Hughes back as manager. We can't go wrong with Hibbies at the club.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2011, 01:22 PM
He looks like a player from an area I'd rather not venture near (ie he's ugly and runs around assaulting folk).

Some folk obviously like that kind of thing here going by all the posts about him, but if we are going to sign a striker, I'd rather sign a target man with a bit of class.

Oh for another Alan Gordon. :agree:

steviecarnie
11-01-2011, 01:48 PM

HOY!!!!! I grew up round the corner from him!!! :wink:

Hamish
11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
There will only ever be one Alan Gordon

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-01-2011, 10:15 PM
HOY!!!!! I grew up round the corner from him!!! :wink:

Exactly...:cool2:

MontrealHibs
12-01-2011, 06:19 AM
Expect Griffiths to sign for Wolves today...

:dummytit:

Ritchie
12-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Dundee striker Leigh Griffiths is poised to seal a £150,000 move to Wolves. (Daily Express)

However, Molineaux boss Mick McCarthy may be willing to allow the 20-year-old to stay at Dens Park until the end of the season. (Daily Mail)

Miller33
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Dundee striker Leigh Griffiths is poised to seal a £150,000 move to Wolves. (Daily Express)

However, Molineaux boss Mick McCarthy may be willing to allow the 20-year-old to stay at Dens Park until the end of the season. (Daily Mail)

Ill officially end all of the Rumours regarding Leigh, he's signing for Wolves, and is having his medical tomorrow, gutted not to see him joining us, Wolves is a massive move for him and im delighted for him.

Ritchie
12-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Ill officially end all of the Rumours regarding Leigh, he's signing for Wolves, and is having his medical tomorrow, gutted not to see him joining us, Wolves is a massive move for him and im delighted for him.

cheers son.

why you not replying to my text?

Miller33
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM
cheers son.

why you not replying to my text?

My fones out of battery mate, still not picked up my charger from Daves cause im a lazy caaaaant, whats up?

Ritchie
12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
My fones out of battery mate, still not picked up my charger from Daves cause im a lazy caaaaant, whats up?

we are all going to hit a boozer for the ayr game next week..... so we can console each other and drown our sorrows after we get papped out the cup! :devil:

Miller33
12-01-2011, 04:14 PM
we are all going to hit a boozer for the ayr game next week..... so we can console each other and drown our sorrows after we get papped out the cup! :devil:

Count me in for that, reckon we're going to need a good session :agree: just a boozer in town aye?

Ritchie
12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Count me in for that, reckon we're going to need a good session :agree: just a boozer in town aye?

aye