PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for a fan deputation to turn up at Sir Tom Farmer's house?

RIP
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Don't be so ridiculous :wink:

HOWEVER WHY NOT TAKE TIME OUT (just for fun) TO SELECT A NEW BOARD FOR HIBS

Let's say YOU were Sir Tom and you were prepared to prune the current board down from £450,000 per annum to £250,000. Who would you have, at what cost and why.

Non-Exec Chairman - John Collins (He would have to buy out Rod's 10% stake)
Chief Exec - Fife Hyland. £75,000. Better to have a Marketing guy as CE than another accountant
Finance - Jamie Marwick £50,000. We only need one CA
Marketing and comms - New Face. £50,000 Must be a young bright marketing guy or gal out there that could improve our comms, matchday experience, fan base and ticketing?
HR - Amanda Jones £40,000. People and contracts
Director - Pat Nevin. £35,000. Young bright and articulate. Another football man and an good fan rep

New blood, 2 with football knowledge and a younger more vibrant team to take the club forward

C'mon folks - let's see your selections?

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM
:faf:

Only if they are:

a) wearing Russian hats
b) know where STF lives
c) are not afraid of dogs
d) want to be able to prove to their mates that they are the biggest fud in Fudhill.

Nobody in the Hibs support is that stupid, are they???

Removed
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Of course not:wink:

Let's say YOU were Sir Tom and you were prepared to prune the current board down from £450,000 per annum to £250,000. Who would you have, at what cost and why.

Chief Exec - Fife Hyland. £75,000. Better to have a Marketing guy as CE than another accountant
New face - Marketing and comms. £50,000 Must be a young bright marketing guy or gal out there that could improve our comms, fan base and ticketing?
Director - Pat Nevin. £35,000. Young bright and articulate. Another football man and an good fan rep

New blood, 2 with football knowledge and a younger more vibrant team to take the club forward

Comedy gold :faf:

I vote Macar

MrSmith
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Glad you said "of course not!" Cos that just wouldn't help right now.

Agree with the rest though. We definitely require a management restructure getting in some hungry young folk to implement new strategies and funding measures.

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Have you ever dealt with Fife Hyland? Thought not.............

Of course not:wink:

Marketing and comms - New Face. £50,000 Must be a young bright marketing guy or gal out there that could improve our comms, matchday experience, fan base and ticketing?

PaulSmith
09-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Turn up at his house? One of the most crackers thing I've read on here, yes things are bad and need to change but FFS. I'd delete or change the title as its making you look pretty silly.

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Amanda Jones at £40k? Is that for two days work a week?

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
We'd only go out and buy someone like Alan O'Brien with the money we saved.:wink:

Perspective
09-01-2011, 02:02 PM

What The Falcon said. Also feel the same way about Scott Lindsay.

Just don't think the expertise is there to turn the club round football-wise at present.

RIP
09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Turn up at his house? One of the most crackers thing I've read on here, yes things are bad and need to change but FFS. I'd delete or change the title as its making you look pretty silly.

Like I give a flying ****. It a messageboard you tattie - being crackers is what it all about no :greengrin

Roped you in - didn't it?:devil:

RIP
09-01-2011, 02:07 PM

In person, by email and over the phone

You?

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 02:10 PM
In person, by email and over the phone

You?

In person, by e-mail and over the phone too :greengrin
For a number of years before Hibs.

Davy Mac
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Non-Exec Chairman - John Collins (He would have to buy out Rod's 10% stake) - interesting thought but tailor bill would rise dramatically
Chief Exec - Fife Hyland. £75,000. Better to have a Marketing guy as CE than another accountant - clever cookie, agreed Marketing versus Acc
Finance - Jamie Marwick £50,000. We only need one CA - seems low to me
Marketing and comms - New Face. £50,000 Must be a young bright marketing guy or gal out there that could improve our comms, matchday experience, fan base and ticketing? - One who sets their sights higher
HR - Amanda Jones £40,000. People and contracts - difficult job
Director - Pat Nevin. £35,000. Young bright and articulate. Another football man and an good fan rep - One or the other (JC or Pat) Both would be vying for the TV appearances

My thoughts in red.

Good post without the Sir Tom headline bit of course but I know what you meant.:greengrin

The_Todd
09-01-2011, 04:16 PM
We're playing Fantasy Boardroom now are we? Things must be bad!

Iggy Pope
09-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Like I give a flying ****. It a messageboard you tattie - being crackers is what it all about no :greengrin

Roped you in - didn't it?:devil:

On the subject of tatties, I suggest you get along to the next AGM and listen to Hyland and Lindsay.

mcfly
09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
in a word No - what good would that do??

however a statement from our highly paid board would be nice.

what are their plans to get us out this mess cause i aint paying £405 for a season ticket for the 1st div

hibsdaft
09-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Mind boggling.

Peevemor
09-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Black faxes :agree:

ScottB
09-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I am curious as to whether any other clubs have a Board full of 'football men' which seems to be a common desire around here, to replace 'the evil mustachioed accountant' with a good 'football minded man.'

I'd have reckoned you'd find the vast majority of club Boards are full of accountants and business types really.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I am curious as to whether any other clubs have a Board full of 'football men' which seems to be a common desire around here, to replace 'the evil mustachioed accountant' with a good 'football minded man.'

I'd have reckoned you'd find the vast majority of club Boards are full of accountants and business types really.

:agree: Who are these clubs with good football men at the helm, that have done as well as we have over the last 5 years since the SUABC campaign?

Perspective
09-01-2011, 05:43 PM

That's what I mean about a Director of Football.

Would allow Petrie to manage the financial side of things. Allocate the football department a budget, which the DOF and manager are then given freedom to spend as they wish. With no interference.

Drumming up income for the football department should be a full-time job in itself, and the running costs for Easter Road and East Mains are also pretty substantial. That's where we could also be much better from a Marketing and Communications point of view, looking to engage the support to feel part of the club again. Not just patronised with the 'Family Home' rubbish.

RIP
09-01-2011, 05:45 PM

I reckon you are being too simplistic Scott. I've no problem with business types but a board led by three accountants? WTF!

Rod's not evil. The man's taken care of the books well but we need somebody who will take care of our primary business

FOOTBALL AND ENTERTAINMENT

Hibercelona
09-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Just a couple of problems....

1. Which house?
2. How will we be heard if hes on the 300th floor?

Cropley10
09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
We're playing Fantasy Boardroom now are we? Things must be bad!

Ayr Utd made Hibs look second rate. So I can see why some people would say that
things are bad enough to be 'playing fantasy boardroom'.

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Just a couple of problems....

1. Which house?
2. How will we be heard if hes on the 300th floor?

3. will we get past the dogs?

4. if yes to 3, will we also get past the pack of evil nuns?

MontrealHibs
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Some of your proposed salaries are comedy gold. :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Almost on the same tone as the other thread, if Hibs played in Holland they wouldnt get away with their poor displays and lack of fitness from the fans, their would be hundreds of fans waiting for them at the stadium when they got back after such a run of poor displays. Feyenoord, The Hague, Ajax, PSV all have hordes of angry fans letting the team know their feelings and not in a nice way, they also gatecrash training sessions and confront players on the training fields. Amazed this has not happened at Hibs yet. Mibbe were so used to mediocrity we just dont give a **** anymore.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I feel we have to hold our nerve, and not do anything stupid. The players and management know how unhappy we are, they keep telling us to stop booing the players, and the board are inundated with emails daily.

Yes relegation is an issue, but imo with a couple of loans hopefully getting us through to the summer, then we can do the real work thats needed building a new side.

The last thing we need imo is to panic buy more journeymen, we are full to the brim of those. Everything is in place, i know it seems like a broken record, but the end is in sight. Don't panic is my message, or we will be back to square one, just with another manager at the helm.

LancashireHibby
09-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I know a good marketing guy with a proven track record who would work wonders at Hibs but I reckon you'd need more than £50k to get him.

The only thing that will change the current slide is a massive clear out of the playing staff - it's time people just came to terms with the fact that we're treading water until the summer.

Dr Jimmy
09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
I know a good marketing guy with a proven track record who would work wonders at Hibs but I reckon you'd need more than £50k to get him.

The only thing that will change the current slide is a massive clear out of the playing staff - it's time people just came to terms with the fact that we're treading water until the summer.

I understand what you are saying re players, but treading water? We are sinking fast!

Shrekko
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I feel we have to hold our nerve, and not do anything stupid. The players and management know how unhappy we are, they keep telling us to stop booing the players, and the board are inundated with emails daily.

Yes relegation is an issue, but imo with a couple of loans hopefully getting us through to the summer, then we can do the real work thats needed building a new side.

The last thing we need imo is to panic buy more journeymen, we are full to the brim of those. Everything is in place, i know it seems like a broken record, but the end is in sight. Don't panic is my message, or we will be back to square one, just with another manager at the helm.

I think you are absolutely spot on with this one BH!

Bostonhibby
09-01-2011, 09:21 PM

:agree: You never know, he might value his privacy and decide its not worth all the hassle and decide to exit from his financial interest / try and get something back or out for his trouble?

Bostonhibby
09-01-2011, 09:48 PM

:greengrin Like the idea of selections though - here's one with a Hibs flavour, with a bit of a wild card thrown in :wink:

John “Budgie” Burridge – non exec. Chairman. He can do handstands and once scared the life out of Mark Hateley.

Finance Director – Andy Goram – None of this balance sheet Nonsense and building stadiums when the flat season’s on and there’s always the dog racing at night.

HR Director – Big John MacNamee – just to enforce company policy like.

Marketing – George Best – it just seems to be all about entertainment.

Publicity & Media Director – a joint role Darren McCormack for his ability to attract the publicity and John “ Yogi” Hughes to represent us in all matters media.

Customer Relations – a joint role with David Duff & Duff Jimmy – AKA the duffers – just the men to target retention of our existing fan base and expand it for the future.

Chief executive - Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons, I do think its important to try and have a bit of continuity if Rod is being booted out.

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 09:49 PM
:agree: You never know, he might value his privacy and decide its not worth all the hassle and decide to exit from his financial interest / try and get something back or out for his trouble?

Either that or he may think it is a shame that more people would consider turning up at his house rather than bother there erse to turn up to a game to support the team they supposidely care about so much.

Moving on to if the fans want new players how about they turn up to the club, hand over there money so we can go and get some, rather than expecting someone else to put there hand in there pocket all the time to pay to sort the problem.

We may need to restrucutre things, but I doubt anyone on here knows how a football club runs, so to suggest a restructure just seems like we are moving on from knowing who the best manager and players are - in fairness the track record is not the best at that.

I am confident that as at the time of writing our club will be doing there best to get a couple of new players in this window in advance of changes in the summer.

Bostonhibby
09-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Either that or he may think it is a shame that more people would consider turning up at his house rather than bother there erse to turn up to a game to support the team they supposidely care about so much.

Moving on to if the fans want new players how about they turn up to the club, hand over there money so we can go and get some, rather than expecting someone else to put there hand in there pocket all the time to pay to sort the problem.

We may need to restrucutre things, but I doubt anyone on here knows how a football club runs, so to suggest a restructure just seems like we are moving on from knowing who the best manager and players are - in fairness the track record is not the best at that.

I am confident that as at the time of writing our club will be doing there best to get a couple of new players in this window in advance of changes in the summer.

Aye, me too

RIP
09-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Some of your proposed salaries are comedy gold. :greengrin

It's pretty niave of you to say that considering other directors at other clubs in the SPL do same for less

Very few are full-time. Do you really think directors other than Lindsay, Rod or Hyland are full-time?

Liberal Hibby
10-01-2011, 10:36 AM
It's pretty niave of you to say that considering other directors at other clubs in the SPL do same for less

Very few are full-time. Do you really think directors other than Lindsay, Rod or Hyland are full-time?

Yes - but then they have a full time - non-Exec doing the work.

Given the way rubbish rumours are believed on this board, let's not let the truth get in the way of our ability to trash all things Hibernian.

s.a.m
10-01-2011, 10:47 AM

I agree. We've got a squadful of new-manager-signings - quantity rather than quality. The last thing we need is someone else's job lot of journeymen.

IWasThere2016
10-01-2011, 12:40 PM

Cannae believe I am doing this - but I agree :cool2:

My concerns however would be:

a) what if they loan signings make no difference - should we not try and sign (and I appreciate this is not the best window for this) some players to bridge the period of the mass exodus in the summer - so there is more continuity?; and

b) We are losing £2m pa - and cash - and we don't have it to lose. We need an upturn soon - that will only come from marked improvements on the pitch.

LancashireHibby
10-01-2011, 01:18 PM
a) what if they loan signings make no difference - should we not try and sign (and I appreciate this is not the best window for this) some players to bridge the period of the mass exodus in the summer - so there is more continuity?

In an ideal world, I'd like to think that the loan signings might be with a view to signing on them on a permanent basis, therefore ensuring a bit of continuity but also avoiding us being tied to a long contract like the current lot if it turns out they're not worth bothering with.

IWasThere2016
10-01-2011, 01:20 PM
In an ideal world, I'd like to think that the loan signings might be with a view to signing on them on a permanent basis, therefore ensuring a bit of continuity but also avoiding us being tied to a long contract like the current lot if it turns out they're not worth bothering with.

True.

Ritchie
10-01-2011, 01:45 PM
3. will we get past the dogs?

4. if yes to 3, will we also get past the pack of evil nuns?

:faf:

can just imagine it....

http://www.imasuper.com/myuploads/2009/03/release-the-hounds.jpg