PDA

View Full Version : Yogi squad/playing style

Jimmy Belter
09-01-2011, 01:02 PM
When Yogi was installed the squad included

Gray,Rosa,Chisholm,O`Brien,,Campbell,Keenan, Van Van Zan...................all out (And lost Jones & Fletcher)

The last 3 seasons we have finished 6TH (Squads that included Jones,Fletcher,Murphy...going back to 2006/7 the squad included Whittaker, S Brown,Fletcher,Stewart etc & still finished 6th.

Hogg,Thicot,Currie,Hanlon,Murray,Bamba,McCormick,M cCann(Ross County),Rankin,Stevenson,Welsh,Wotherspoon,Nish,Ri ordarn,Byre,Gallbrath,Zemma(Not Yogi players).

Who would you keep? to me about 3.

Remember there are a lot of players above who have finished 6th 3 years in ROW (Under different managers)

Players in: I think all Free transfers

1) Miller (Better than we had)
2) McBride( Better than we had)
3) Hart (Better than we had
4) De-Graf (Not Sure)
5) Duffy (LOAN) Better than we have.
6) Trakas (Not sure/Short term/Squad player )
7) Grounds (LOAN, Better than we had)
8) Stevens (Young Prospect I hope will become a 1st team player in time)
9) Stokes (scored over 20 goals and sold on for a massive profit near a million £`s I think).
10) Dickov (Better than we had)

Not getting away from the fact we where in a ,bad run......................But getting your main striker sold and his replacement not kicked a ball, Zemma , Murray injured & 3 or so new player brought in........ too did not help.

I think the fact that there are about 15 players all out of contract next season and there was no sound of contract talks(and the way yogi was talking on the radio) tells me that they were all getting emptied/moved on.............?

The new manager has got a great chance to stamp his own mark on the team and with cash/time as well.

How much did yogi spend ? Nothing.

I think it was just a shame he was given no time to put his own mark/players into the club.His style of play of passing ball was attractive to watch.
All things considered and 4th spot a place in Europe, a tidy profit & a lot of the squad out of contract is not a bad way to leave the club.

CC will have a great chance next year and i hope he is given time/cash.

1two
09-01-2011, 01:18 PM

Gray,Rosa,Chisholm,O`Brien,,Campbell,Keenan, Van Van Zan...................all out (And lost Jones & Fletcher)

The last 3 seasons we have finished 6TH (Squads that included Jones,Fletcher,Murphy...going back to 2006/7 the squad included Whittaker, S Brown,Fletcher,Stewart etc & still finished 6th.

Hogg,Thicot,Currie,Hanlon,Murray,Bamba,McCormick,M cCann(Ross County),Rankin,Stevenson,Welsh,Wotherspoon,Nish,Ri ordarn,Byre,Gallbrath,Zemma(Not Yogi players).

Remember there are a lot of players above who have finished 6th 3 years in ROW (Under different managers)

4) De-Graf (Not Sure)
9) Stokes (scored over 20 goals and sold on for a massive profit near a million £`s I think).

Not getting away from the fact we where in a ,bad run......................But getting your main striker sold and his replacement not kicked a ball, Zemma , Murray injured & 3 or so new player brought in........ too did not help.

I think the fact that there are about 15 players all out of contract next season and there was no sound of contract talks(and the way yogi was talking on the radio) tells me that they were all getting emptied/moved on.............?

The new manager has got a great chance to stamp his own mark on the team and with cash/time as well.

I think it was just a shame he was given no time to put his own mark/players into the club.His style of play of passing ball was attractive to watch.
All things considered and 4th spot a place in Europe, a tidy profit & a lot of the squad out of contract is not a bad way to leave the club.

Unfortunately next year we could be in the first division and stuck there for 2 years depending on if the 10 team league proposal goes ahead ( which our chairman is trying to push through)

Silent_Hibee
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM

4) De-Graf (Not Sure)

Jimmy Belter - you are totally correct, the fans got restless and Petrie bottled it. yogi finishing fourth and europe qualification shoudl have been supported in the summer to make more changes that he was. petrie then sacked/failed to support another manager and now we are the laughing stock of scottish football.

although i agree that the squad will be tidied up and sorted out in the summer i already think that CC is not the manager to do it. i just cant see any style to his play or nothing. yogi tried to play football it was clear to see, i just dont know what calderwood wants to do! :confused: i am actually quite apprehensive about the signings he will make as well.

HamiltonHibee
09-01-2011, 06:44 PM

4) De-Graf (Not Sure)

A very rare bit of sense being spoken, spot on m8

Toaods
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM

it is believed this mass drifting out of contract was Yogi's blueprint for the future.

He may have pinched the idea from the Mowbray/Collins v Michael Stewart situation whereby the player liked the short term deal to act as a spur and it gave both parties an opportunity to renegociate or part ways.

It backfired spectacularly for Yogi, hasn't done CC any favours and could still set the club back years depending on player transfer movement in this window.

I still recall Mowbray's horro at the contract situation when he arrived, saying this mass termination date effect should never be allowed to happen at a club as it effectively renders the power to the players , though not necessarily as a unit.

Jimmy Belter
09-01-2011, 08:09 PM
it was Yogi's blueprint for the future.

It backfired spectacularly for Yogi, hasn't done CC any favours and could still set the club back years depending on player transfer movement in this window.

I still recall Mowbray's horro at the contract situation when he arrived, saying this mass termination date effect should never be allowed to happen at a club as it effectively renders the power to the players , though not necessarily as a unit.[/QUOTE]

Toady i can`t understand your point.

Do we think that players below are good enough for Hibs ??
ie...Hogg,Thicot, Stevenson, Rankin, Nish,Galbrath etc to name a few.

Would it not make more sense to move all the players out & bring in better quality ?

YOGI allways said in the media that the job was long term & a work in progress....

Why some fans & club not back & support YOGI .............

At least even in the 6/7 games at start season he tried to play football.

Watching the team now kick the ball up the park with no pattern of play is shocking to watch..........

WindyMiller
09-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately next year we could be in the first division and stuck there for 2 years depending on if the 10 team league proposal goes ahead ( which our chairman is trying to push through)

http://sport.stv.tv/football/219197-10-team-spl-vote-cancelled/

MrSmith
09-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Go on St Mirren!!!

Cracks are beginning to form on the SPL mob! It will be all over soon.

Toaods
09-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Toady i can`t understand your point.

Do we think that players below are good enough for Hibs ??
ie...Hogg,Thicot, Stevenson, Rankin, Nish,Galbrath etc to name a few.

Would it not make more sense to move all the players out & bring in better quality ?

my point is that I do think these guys youmention above aren't what i'd want as regulars if we aim to challenge so Yogi's vision that most of teh squad were not good enough was probably right, although nobody needs a coaching badge to see that.

His failing may have been that he mouthed it off which gave him problems from the outset. Guys he brought in appeared to be nowhere near as effective as he'd have us believe or worse still....he believed.

Calderwood is not mouthing off and will get shot off the rubbish, Petrie and the board will be fully aware a period of destablement is to be expected so they won't to axe him, nor should they.

The biggest problem will be us the fans as our patience wears thin and the heat that comes naturally from the tossers in the media and Hearts getting results.

Jimmy Belter
09-01-2011, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=Toaods;2684992]my point is that I do think these guys youmention above aren't what i'd want as regulars if we aim to challenge so Yogi's vision that most of teh squad were not good enough was probably right, although nobody needs a coaching badge to see that.

His failing may have been that he mouthed it off which gave him problems from the outset. Guys he brought in appeared to be nowhere near as effective as he'd have us believe or worse still....he believed.

Calderwood is not mouthing off and will get shot off the rubbish, Petrie and the board will be fully aware a period of destablement is to be expected so they won't to axe him, nor should they.

Good Points Toads......

But i think my point is that alot of guys up there where sitting on 3 year deals
& not good enough.........Nish, Rankin, Hogg etc.........

YOGI had to work with these guys............Don`t think he was mouthing off, just letting the fans know from day one this long term project to get club back up to where it should be.

On the players he brought in................ (still think marjority where better than we had)..........

As i said in my 1st post this squad was 6th 3 seasons in a row (with alot of quality players who are now away from club).

Petrie should backed big YOGI and gave time, he was a guy who cared for the club.......

Alot fans wanted YOGI out.after 7 odd games...........It`s time wake up & realise there is big problem with players there.the place needs gutted..? ?