PDA

View Full Version : tell CC which 3 players will save the season & how much to spend!

RickyS
09-01-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't think its massive amounts of money that need to be spent to give us a bit more quality, enough to seperate us from the rest. So here is your chance to tell CC/RP where to spend some money. Here is my three

Adam Rooney - ICT £100k
He is a natural finisher and a bit of a penalty box predator, in the right place at the right time. He moves well and has a good work rate.

Craig Bryson - Killie £300k
Scores a few more goals from midfield than our lot, box to box type and his work rate is very good and his passing and assist rate dwarf any of our lot

Steven Craigan - Well 50k
OK, I know loads will scoff and he is the wrong side of 30 but I think he organises things well, reads things well. yes he makes mistakes but i think
he would give us the organisation at the back that we sorely lack.

so 450k, less than half the Stokes fee I reckon would improve 3 areas on the park. Rooney would take some of the pressure of Deek. Bryson would keep Rankin out the team permanently and Craigan would organise a defence that does not talk to each other, apart from saying "who was meant to be marking him"
I think the Yam bid for Bryson was not cold hard cash and was like a Freemans deal so cash up front at that price might be enough.

truehibernian
09-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Andy Webster, Leigh Griffiths and Jody Morris

Matty_Jack04
09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't think its massive amounts of money that need to be spent to give us a bit more quality, enough to seperate us from the rest. So here is your chance to tell CC/RP where to spend some money. Here is my three

Adam Rooney - ICT £100k
He is a natural finisher and a bit of a penalty box predator, in the right place at the right time. He moves well and has a good work rate.

Craig Bryson - Killie £300k
Scores a few more goals from midfield than our lot, box to box type and his work rate is very good and his passing and assist rate dwarf any of our lot

Steven Craigan - Well 50k
OK, I know loads will scoff and he is the wrong side of 30 but I think he organises things well, reads things well. yes he makes mistakes but i think

so 450k, less than half the Stokes fee I reckon would improve 3 areas on the park. Rooney would take some of the pressure of Deek. Bryson would keep Rankin out the team permanently and Craigan would organise a defence that does not talk to each other, apart from saying "who was meant to be marking him"
I think the Yam bid for Bryson was not cold hard cash and was like a Freemans deal so cash up front at that price might be enough.

So to save the season we need a 1st division striker, a killie player who no one else except the yams want and a part time sportsceane analyst. Good effort. Maybe we should just hand u petries job since everyone thinks he's so bad, this forum is honking!

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Adam Rooney - ICT £100k You Reckon? 100 grand?

Craig Bryson - Killie £300k The yams had a £600k bid booted in the summer

Steven Craigan - Well 50k Why would they give him away?

truly frightening.......

ancient hibee
09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
If Andy Webster could stay fit he would be excellent.

truehibernian
09-01-2011, 12:01 PM
If Andy Webster could stay fit he would be excellent.

His record with United was excellent when fit, and the reason I also include Jody Morris is because the spine of the team needs leaders......Webster, Morris and Riordan would make a good spine.......Leigh for pace, energy and poaching/finishing

Expecting Rain
09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
I` rather bring in a couple of youngsters and a couple of loan signings to get us through to the end of the season, rather than panicking and buying more dross, i`d also like to see us trying to get the best out of what we`ve got, getting back to basics, getting players to enjoy the positions that they play in rather than being frightened.

RickyS
truly frightening.......

thanks for your input.........
Rooney is out of contract in 5 months so i dont think anyone will throw crazy money at him. I don't think Hearts bid 600k for Bryson I will bow to your superior knowledge of all things Yam tho.

one day maybe...
Darren Purse - Sheffield Wednesday - £150k No nonsense CH, Contract up in the summer
Murray Davidson - St Johnstone - £300k - Good young midfeilder
Peter Thomson - Linfield - £150 -WOULD score goals in this league no doubt

Just my opinion though..

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 12:07 PM
thanks for your input.........
Rooney is out of contract in 5 months so i dont think anyone will throw crazy money at him. I don't think Hearts bid 600k for Bryson I will bow to your superior knowledge of all things Yam tho.

The only bit you got correct was that it was to be paid up over a period of time.

RickyS
09-01-2011, 12:07 PM
So to save the season we need a 1st division striker, a killie player who no one else except the yams want and a part time sportsceane analyst. Good effort. Maybe we should just hand u petries job since everyone thinks he's so bad, this forum is honking!

read it again

Ernie Cobra
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Gary Twigg and Craig Sives from Shamrock Rvrs - Both Scottish, both highly rated by Michael Oneil both would cost pennies

Leigh G Dundee.

If Not Messi Ronaldo and Bale

RickyS
09-01-2011, 12:16 PM
The only bit you got correct was that it was to be paid up over a period of time.

im intrigued as to how a hibby can be so sure i was wrong? you seem pretty sure on the 600k but these reports all reckon 300k with Killie holding out for 500k, but as I said I bow to your superior knowledge

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2010/07/26/hearts-make-final-bid-for-craig-bryson-after-dropping-interest-in-paul-hartley-86908-22440745/

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/kilmarnock-sport/kilmarnock-football/kilmarnock-fc/2010/07/22/kilmarnock-fc-killie-knock-back-hearts-bid-for-bryson-81430-26910658/

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6285062,00.html

Matty_Jack04
09-01-2011, 12:25 PM
read it again

no need mate he made his name scoring alot of goals down a division, yeh he started well in spl but we're yet to see if it can last a full season we need acomplished players this window, not gambles

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Dont believe all that you read.

Do you know, for example, that we've not bid for Adam Rooney?

As for the Yam comments. Grow a set.

im intrigued as to how a hibby can be so sure i was wrong? you seem pretty sure on the 600k but these reports all reckon 300k with Killie holding out for 500k, but as I said I bow to your superior knowledge

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2010/07/26/hearts-make-final-bid-for-craig-bryson-after-dropping-interest-in-paul-hartley-86908-22440745/

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/kilmarnock-sport/kilmarnock-football/kilmarnock-fc/2010/07/22/kilmarnock-fc-killie-knock-back-hearts-bid-for-bryson-81430-26910658/

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6285062,00.html

Craig_in_Prague
09-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Is Humphrey at 'Well on loan, or what's his contractual conditions?

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Is Humphrey at 'Well on loan, or what's his contractual conditions?

Under contract to well till 2012

Houchy
09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
£500k cash for Templeton and maybe £200k for Kyle... Vlad would bite our hands off, FJK would turn a darker shade of purple, swear a lot then resign. We can have a laugh. Job's a good 'un.:greengrin:agree:

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 12:40 PM
£500k cash for Templeton and maybe £200k for Kyle... Vlad would bite our hands off, FJK would turn a darker shade of purple, swear a lot then resign. We can have a laugh. Job's a good 'un.:greengrin:agree:

Thats probably the best plan yet! Not to mention a greater likelihood of success.

BigKev
09-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Darren Purse - Sheffield Wednesday - £150k No nonsense CH, Contract up in the summer
Murray Davidson - St Johnstone - £300k - Good young midfeilder
Peter Thomson - Linfield - £150 -WOULD score goals in this league no doubt

Just my opinion though..

Purse is awful. Slower than just about everyone. He's in League 1 and struggling mate hence why Wednesday just signed another two centre halves.

Peter Thomson couldn't score goals for Stockport in League Two so very much doubt he'd net in the SPL.

Murray Davidson though. Yes please :agree:

RickyS
09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Dont believe all that you read.

Do you know, for example, that we've not bid for Adam Rooney?

As for the Yam comments. Grow a set.

I never said you were a Yam! all i said was you know more about it than me cos I only have what was reported, where are you getting your concrete info from?

Largshibby
09-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Michael Duberry (St. Johnstone Defender), Lee Hughes (Notts County Attacker) and the guy who smacked the Stevenage player (Midfield). They wouldn't cost much, know how to put it about and they would add some backbone to the team. Lets forget the family club image for a bit until we get out of this mess.

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 01:20 PM
I never said you were a Yam! all i said was you know more about it than me cos I only have what was reported, where are you getting your concrete info from?

Kilmarnock, not Hearts.

Cropley10
09-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Kilmarnock, not Hearts.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I think you're defo a Yam. No offence like.

David@EasterRoad
09-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I'd offer Dundee Utd. 200k for Jon Daly we're in a dogfight and hoofball is going to happen until the end of the season so we need a proper target man.

As others have suggested Murray Davidson would be a good addition to our midfield i'm sure we would recoup any transfer fee.

Andy Webster on loan until end of season.

Three solid players who all have what we miss in their respective positions. Maybe won't be the above players but that is what we need.

RickyS
09-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Kilmarnock, not Hearts.

fair enough, so do your Killie connections :cool2: tell you how much the offer needs to be? I cant see anybody paying more than the Yam 600k for him

SloopJB
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM
seems awfy like what we moaned about rangers and celtic doing. The arrogance to name a player, price, assume it will be accepted because we are hibs and that the players will accept the salary on offer.

I'm sure there is work going on to add quality to the team.

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
fair enough, so do your Killie connections tell you how much the offer needs to be? I cant see anybody paying more than the Yam 600k for him

Not for definite but Johnston was pissed at Hearts at the time and was looking for around £750k. He was about to be capped for Scotland as well. Bit of a short arse to be honest but that would fit in with our midfield.

JimBHibees
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I notice Sheff Wed bid £100k for Mark Reynolds of Well who is out of contract at end of the season. If that is the level we are talking of in terms of transfers I would try and buy him.

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
For the avoidance of any doubt, I think you're defo a Yam. No offence like.

You appear to be the one who hate Hibs. No offence like,

Cropley10
09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
We should bid for/buy Bryson just to p155 Hertz off.

munchar
09-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Andy Webster, Leigh Griffiths and Jody Morris

:thumbsup:

Cropley10
09-01-2011, 01:36 PM
You appear to be the one who hate Hibs. No offence like,

You're so obviously a troll mate. Something about coming on here telling us everything's fine, when it isn't, gives it away.

I don't do JKB anymore but I'd last about 30 secs on there, doing what you're doing.

I don't hate Hibs. I've got a pair of STs in the West and have had them for 5 years now.

Who'll vouch for you on here then??

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
You're so obviously a troll mate. Something about coming on here telling us everything's fine, when it isn't, gives it away.

I don't do JKB anymore but I'd last about 30 secs on there, doing what you're doing.

I don't hate Hibs. I've got a pair of STs in the West and have had them for 5 years now.

Who'll vouch for you on here then??

I dont pretend everythings fine but you have one agenda and thats blame Rod Petrie. Did he hump your wife or something? It appears to be personal. He has a say in the club because he's the second biggest shareholder with the full support and backing of the major shareholder. You want to change that? Then buy them out.

Cropley10
09-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I dont pretend everythings fine but you have one agenda and thats blame Rod Petrie. Did he hump your wife or something? It appears to be personal. He has a say in the club because he's the second biggest shareholder with the full support and backing of the major shareholder. You want to change that? Then buy them out.

Got a better idea. Why don't you do one?

What you won't appreciate is that Farmer and Petrie won't let anyone even discuss the idea of buying them out.

It's nothing personal - it's called having an objective opinion, based on my experience with the Club, current and former players as well as back-room/Academy staff.

We're in deep trouble, we really don't need trolls like you on here. Like I said if I tried your stunts on JKB I'd just be banned. End of. :bye:

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Even the other posters are fed up with you banging on about Petrie this or Petrie that, nothing objective about it.

And who are these mysterious people who are interested in buying out Farmer and Petrie? That clown who has ruined Gosforth RFC?

Got a better idea. Why don't you do one?

What you won't appreciate is that Farmer and Petrie won't let anyone even discuss the idea of buying them out.

It's nothing personal - it's called having an objective opinion, based on my experience with the Club, current and former players as well as back-room/Academy staff.

We're in deep trouble, we really don't need trolls like you on here. Like I said if I tried your stunts on JKB I'd just be banned. End of. :bye:

Cropley10
09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Even the other posters are fed up with you banging on about Petrie this or Petrie that, nothing objective about it.

And who are these mysterious people who are interested in buying out Farmer and Petrie? That clown who has ruined Gosforth RFC?

You're the one who mentioned buying Petrie out - as if that was a possible, sensible option. It isn't.

You're a troll. Way too obvious. Do one, please :bye:

The only people who are 'fed up' are the Pro-Petrie mob...

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 02:08 PM
You're the one who mentioned buying Petrie out - as if that was a possible, sensible option. It isn't.

You're a troll. Way too obvious. Do one, please :bye:

The only people who are 'fed up' are the Pro-Petrie mob...

So who's tried to buy out Farmer then? Or are you bumping your gums with your anti-Hibs agenda as usual?

Cropley10
09-01-2011, 02:14 PM
So who's tried to buy out Farmer then? Or are you bumping your gums with your anti-Hibs agenda as usual?

Plenty of folk have enquired. STF's reaction is always - you can't afford it.

I'm not anti-Hibs either - just anti the status quo. Of course, there are a lot of football fans in Scotland who'd love things to continue the way they are.

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Plenty of folk have enquired. STF's reaction is always - you can't afford it.

I'm not anti-Hibs either - just anti the status quo. Of course, there are a lot of football fans in Scotland who'd love things to continue the way they are.

Like?

Love the Green
09-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Gary Twigg and Craig Sives from Shamrock Rvrs - Both Scottish, both highly rated by Michael Oneil both would cost pennies

Leigh G Dundee.

If Not Messi Ronaldo and Bale

You must be joking injury prone jambo dog who hates the hibs....
we have enough wage thieves who dontb give a **** about hibs

"keep the :wink:faith

gordieboy
09-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Scott McDonald on loan
Andy Webster for 100,000
Lee Miller 150,000

Septimus
09-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Much as I love the Hibernian Football Club I think that if I was an agent right now I would advise my clients to steer clear of ER. Especially if he was a young and upcoming player.

HamiltonHibee
09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
a big commanding centre back, possibly duberry. with murray, hanlon alongside him.

a forward maybe imrie from accies to partner duffy. jon daly from dundee utd add a bit presence up there as well and get partnership with miller and mcbride back on again.

there already guys like rankin, wotherspoon and a few of the younger boys already there that would give their all for the cause. get rid of the prima donnas riordan zemmama etc.

Del Boy
09-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Webster, Buaben and Maguire

hibsbollah
09-01-2011, 06:21 PM
get rid of the prima donnas riordan zemmama etc.

This post shows why prescription medication should be more carefully controlled.:rolleyes:

fife hfc
09-01-2011, 06:58 PM
We need a solid spine to the team so a centre half, central midfield and centre forward are required.

Centre half - Andy Webster on loan. He is fit but not featuring for the huns so maybe a chance of getting him until the end of the season.

central midfielder -Kevin Mcdonald on loan from Burnley. he looks like a player that likes to get on the ball and dictate play.

centre forward - John Sutton I have said we should sign him before. He is a big strong forward with good movement and today he showed today he can score goals. Also he is out of contract in the summer.

Ray_
09-01-2011, 07:06 PM
We should bid for/buy Bryson just to p155 Hertz off.

I'd rather we just beat them on a regular basis, thay would P them off even more!!

ozzie
09-01-2011, 07:07 PM
the falcon mmmhh i get this strange feeling i know u some how.

zero-seven
09-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Pat stanton
steve archigoal
Franck Sauzee

would still Pee all over the crap we have now....i can dream cant I ??

Lmc2105
09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
There are 3 players who i think would make a big difference to our team and not out of budget either

Mark Reynolds - Motherwell £200k
strong defender not the tallest but is class in the air and is also a great tackler out of contract in the summer.

Liam Craig - St Johnstone £150k or Craig Bryson - Kilmarnock £500k
Craig is a class we midfielder and also has a good eye for goal and a cracking passer of the ball would make a lot of chances (And would stop scoring against us) ... Bryson holds the ball up great and also has an eye for a pass and knows where the goals are

John Sutton - Motherwell £100k
as the previous poster said out of contract in the summer ... a great goalscorer and also a very strong and would be a great target man

If the board had some ambition these players a don't think would be out of reach!!

Ernie Cobra
09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
You must be joking injury prone jambo dog who hates the hibs....
we have enough wage thieves who dontb give a **** about hibs

"keep the :wink:faith

to be fair i never knew his background, he just ahd a good season with Shamrock....but your right after checking him out a little it is safe to say i retract my previous misguided suggestion and beg forgiveness of all honorable hibees

ill take messi instead, just wondering who we would sub if he made it onto the bench