PDA

View Full Version : Do the players care?

Antifa Hibs
09-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Bar the exception of Ian and Derek and perhaps one or two others, do you think the likes of Miller, Grounds, Thicot, Duffy, Dickoh etc etc give a flying **** about results, or are just happy to pick up a pay packet at the end of the week?

fatbloke
09-01-2011, 10:47 AM
NO

steakbake
09-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't know. I'll be interested to see which player the club puts forward to give the now customary "we're all hurting" interview in the EEN on Monday.

PapillonVert
09-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Doesn't look like it. Michael Hart doesn't even know where we are in the leaguee, Nish thinks we are too good to be relegated, Rankin says we are a "top six" team - Jeez, if that's the case why are we fighting relegation?

If the players don't even know where we are in the league and think we are top six, then you really do worry what they think they are up to.

GreenPJ
09-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Bar the exception of Ian and Derek and perhaps one or two others, do you think the likes of Miller, Grounds, Thicot, Duffy, Dickoh etc etc give a flying **** about results, or are just happy to pick up a pay packet at the end of the week?

Based on the last few results where has that been evident?

The only players who genuinely looked pissed off today were Hanlon and Wotherspoon (and Duffy when he was subbed).

SloopJB
09-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes

Ferryhibby
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Ive been saying this for a while now ther has been 3 different managers with more or less the same core of players and they havent tried a leg as far as im concerned. It cant be the fault of all the managers that this bunch arent trying for them Mixu has proved that with less money and his own squad of players playing some good stuff and winning games, if CC wants to do well at this club he needs to bin the lot that are out of contract and bring in his own for me loads of them are going thru the motions each week conning the mamagement in training,we can all look good in training up against the same crap thats playing each week, if any of them care they certainly arent showing it to us

Craig_in_Prague
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Doesn't look like it. Michael Hart doesn't even know where we are in the leaguee, Nish thinks we are too good to be relegated, Rankin says we are a "top six" team - Jeez, if that's the case why are we fighting relegation?

If the players don't even know where we are in the league and think we are top six, then you really do worry what they think they are up to.

:agree:

Even Ian Murray said a few weeks ago that he doesn't look at the league table and they're just focussed on the next game and improving etc.

Christ, get the league table stuck up in the changing room FFS.

Players are quite right to distance themselves a bit from media, papers, internet etc ......But now is the time to look very closely at themselves and both understand and accept the current depression and critisicm, stop talking and talking, and do something about it. Get this club out of this *****. You shower of tosh.

Goal, Archibald
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I would say the majority of the players care. Some will go through the brick wall though, some won't.

I would imagine there will be players who are not near the squad and are out of contract in the summer who have their minds on other things. Thing is though, a lot of clubs will have that up and down the country.

You find out more about a player when the chips are down. Sometimes you have to play a player who might not have the footballing ability of the player he is coming in for, but he will graft and fight for the cause.

MrSmith
09-01-2011, 12:19 PM
No they don't!

We are an absolute mess from top to bottom and for the apologists and sycophants of the Great Sir Rod, open your eyes!

Perhaps we can just offset and feel better by thinking about: A training center, ooohh ahh, doughnuts...New stand oooohh yes but its empty....Hearts in £40mil of debt, hmm jizz juice when they go bust!

What a crock off *****! this is the worst ever in my 40 years of supporting hibs and absolutely nothing is being done to rectify the situation. I not will spend another penny at Hibs until this is resolved. and my resolve?? Sack every damn wage thief in the playing staff and restructure the board.

The end is nigh for our once proud club, we are on our knees and the custodians..well??

Sammy7nil
09-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Under Mowbray we had a young team who appeared to like each other and looked happy playing football.

I dont imagine many of this squad are great mates and it shows, there does not appear to be a good TEAM spirit.

If you dont like who you work with you dont perfom to your best.

Goal, Archibald
09-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Under Mowbray we had a young team who appeared to like each other and looked happy playing football.

I dont imagine many of this squad are great mates and it shows, there does not appear to be a good TEAM spirit.

If you dont like who you work with you dont perfom to your best.

I dunno man. I think we might be looking a bit too deep in to this.

For the ones that played football (at any level) I'm sure we would all agree that some of the guys you maybe never had that much time for. But when you go out on the pitch, that kind of gets put to the side.

I'm in no way making light of a good team spirit, there is no doubt that it is a very important thing.

Like i said in my OP, when the chips are down, you find out who the characters are - the personalities who take charge.

Not sure how much there is of that, and that is something that cannot be pointed at Calderwood. You either have that in you or you don't - and it is not his players.

Expecting Rain
09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I don`t think we`re even getting the basics out of some players these days and i`m not saying that it is deliberate, unfortunately due to the contract situation some are going through the motions, you would think that collectively the team could bust a gut in the Scottish Cup where a decent draw and a bit of luck could take you all the way to the final stages, never mind making the effort to avoid relegation battles.
On the bright side we have a pretty solid keeper, two good youngsters in Hanlon and Wotherspoon, experience in Murray, decent players in Riordan and Miller, potentially 2 match winners when fit in Duffy and Zemmama and the possibilityof bringing in 3 players [ if the rumours are true] to hopefully add a bit balance to bolster the squad and bring in a bit of balance.
The second paragraph is my last attempt to be positive about what lies ahead, i`m hanging on to a revolutionary january!

patlowe
09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I reckon they care, they are just hindered by the fact that they are utterly rank.

el capitano
09-01-2011, 01:17 PM
anyone who thinks a player goes out there and doesnt care or give a 100% is deluded tbh

what us fans do while they r on the pitch to many of our players is a major problem at the moment, put yourself in there shoes what would u do if u were on the recieving end of negative jeers/comments/shouts etc when u were trying ur best

MrSmith
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
anyone who thinks a player goes out there and doesnt care or give a 100% is deluded tbh

what us fans do while they r on the pitch to many of our players is a major problem at the moment, put yourself in there shoes what would u do if u were on the recieving end of negative jeers/comments/shouts etc when u were trying ur best

Work harder! Trying their best is not going to get us out of the relegation fight we are in! If it were me, I'd work like **** to prove all the fans wrong as well as making us feel like phannies when finished and I would boot every other players @rse for not trying hard enough to matter!

What you have forgotten is: as fans we care a lot and can tell - through years of experience - when players are not trying and...they would be forgiven if we could see some of that fight for survival. And that my friend is the crux of the matter, they are not displaying signs of fight nor passion nor a mindset which would remove the threat of relegation from us and alleviate the stress/pressure on the hibs family.

As Bobby Charlton once said: "better to have shot and missed than to have never shot at all!" What our boys doing? Hiding! They have a responsibility to us as much as we have to them, ours is unwavering can the same be said about theirs?

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm sure they never forget their mum's birthdays.

el capitano
09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Work harder! Trying their best is not going to get us out of the relegation fight we are in! If it were me, I'd work like **** to prove all the fans wrong as well as making us feel like phannies when finished and I would boot every other players @rse for not trying hard enough to matter!

What you have forgotten is: as fans we care a lot and can tell - through years of experience - when players are not trying and...they would be forgiven if we could see some of that fight for survival. And that my friend is the crux of the matter, they are not displaying signs of fight nor passion nor a mindset which would remove the threat of relegation from us and alleviate the stress/pressure on the hibs family.

As Bobby Charlton once said: "better to have shot and missed than to have never shot at all!" What our boys doing? Hiding! They have a responsibility to us as much as we have to them, ours is unwavering can the same be said about theirs?

so u try like never before and the next week its the same old abuse etc. many of us have been on our players backs for too long, i cant remember the last time the majority of supporters inside the ground got behind the team , its more of get on 1/2/3 players backs, this is not good for us at all.
no player goes out to hide/not give 100% etc , maybe with confidence and the fans gettin behind the team many players would flourish

Davy Mac
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
They don't have the right attitude IMO.

In all the years of employing & training staff the one thing you can't train is attitude, desire and commitment.

Some of them are committed to the cause, but in general we have employed a type of player that doesn't have the right attitude.

Jimmy Belter
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Are you serious about Deek.

Having watched Hibs on about 8 times this season, the boy has ability but is lazy &
bone idle ...................so no i dont think he cares?

SloopJB
09-01-2011, 02:51 PM
No they don't!

We are an absolute mess from top to bottom and for the apologists and sycophants of the Great Sir Rod, open your eyes!

Perhaps we can just offset and feel better by thinking about: A training center, ooohh ahh, doughnuts...New stand oooohh yes but its empty....Hearts in £40mil of debt, hmm jizz juice when they go bust!

What a crock off *****! this is the worst ever in my 40 years of supporting hibs and absolutely nothing is being done to rectify the situation. I not will spend another penny at Hibs until this is resolved. and my resolve?? Sack every damn wage thief in the playing staff and restructure the board.

The end is nigh for our once proud club, we are on our knees and the custodians..well??
I remember going to Easter Road every home game when we struggled to get 6000 crowds and we were rank rotten. Said many times, "that's it, not going back to watch that crap". we are streets ahead of that time.

I said the players do care but in truth I haven't asked them.
I don't know enough of the goings on within the club to say what is being done to rectify the current situation but I'm intrigued to hear how you know nothing is being done.
Obviously post sacking JH and appointing CC.

Again people attack the present board and say they should go but no one has yet said who should be in charge.
Suppose that way they can't be wrong.

EasterRoad4Ever
09-01-2011, 02:59 PM
No they don't

They don't play for the fans
They don't play for the club
They don't play for the jersey
They don't play for the manager
They don't play for each other
They don't play for their professional pride

They play for the easy money. Better than doing a real job.

EasterRoad4Ever
09-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I remember going to Easter Road every home game when we struggled to get 6000 crowds and we were rank rotten. Said many times, "that's it, not going back to watch that crap". we are streets ahead of that time.

I said the players do care but in truth I haven't asked them.
I don't know enough of the goings on within the club to say what is being done to rectify the current situation but I'm intrigued to hear how you know nothing is being done.
Obviously post sacking JH and appointing CC.

Again people attack the present board and say they should go but no one has yet said who should be in charge.
Suppose that way they can't be wrong.

One question. Where is the INSPIRATION within the club ? Does anyone thing the board provides this ? Maybe the Manager ? What about the Captain or key players ?

We are completely devoid of inspiration, imagination, vision and Passion within Hibernian FC - and that lies with the Board.

SloopJB
09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
One question. Where is the INSPIRATION within the club ? Does anyone thing the board provides this ? Maybe the Manager ? What about the Captain or key players ?

We are completely devoid of inspiration, imagination, vision and Passion within Hibernian FC - and that lies with the Board.
Yet still no one has said who should be there instead.
Yogi was meant to be inspirational, didn't work.
There is an ever increasing role that Hibernian FC plays for the community, I know you are looking for imagination on the pitch but we still have the opportunity for that to materialise.
It may be a bit harsh to say what the club has acheived since its darkest hour shows a lack of vision.
Watching the game on Saturday I did see passion from the players on the park, what was lacking in some areas was skill.

That needs to be addressed

smurf
09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Very few do.

Hibercelona
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Of course they don't.

5k a week... and you wouldn't have a care in the world.

hibiedude
09-01-2011, 03:32 PM
It dosen't look like it

put them on a basic wage then up it everytime they win and we'll soon see if they care about our club or is it just the money their interested in. :wink:

khib70
09-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Given that Duffy and Thicot were both about 200% better than either Murray or Riordan on Saturday, that's a pretty silly question.