PDA

View Full Version : De Graff & Miller

dp00
09-01-2011, 06:59 AM
I was having a think about these two players. Both have played at a fairly decent level however there preformances at hibs have been a bit hot & cold.

Is the issue with de graff and miller that they are playing with players who a technically poorer than them in reading the game ? and where they are going to pass too ?

Just a early morning sunday thought for you to think about rather than the poor game yesterday

down-the-slope
09-01-2011, 08:30 AM
I was having a think about these two players. Both have played at a fairly decent level however there preformances at hibs have been a bit hot & cold.

Is the issue with de graff and miller that they are playing with players who a technically poorer than them in reading the game ? and where they are going to pass too ?

Just a early morning sunday thought for you to think about rather than the poor game yesterday

:agree: indeed...however you look to better more experienced players to help drag those around them up rather than sink closer to the lowest common denominator.....

Perhaps the harsh truth is if they were able to do this they would be at a higher level than Hibs

brianmc
09-01-2011, 08:44 AM
De Graff from what I've seen is technically piss poor. His first,second and third touches are woeful. And his passing is ****** as well.
Maybe he is good at reading a game,pity he can't put what he reads into practise.

The Voice Of Reason
09-01-2011, 09:01 AM

Sorry, but in De Graaf's case his "performances" have only been cold or freezing ! Would you care to tell me when you think he has been "hot" ?! (Please don't say "at the Maribor game" because he may well have scored 2 goals (one hit off him) but it was clear way back then that he couldn't run, pass or control a ball) !!!!!

I have said this before and I will say it again, no-one is going to take this dud off our hands so we are unfortunately stuck with him until his contract runs out. I can honestly see us resorting to paying him off.....he is that bad. :grr:

LaMotta
09-01-2011, 11:40 AM

No - they are just as bad as the rest of them.

If De Graaf and Miller were that good you would think then that maybe they would form a some sort of partnership and be able to read each others passes??

Latapy and Sauzee played with players at Hibs that were far poorer technically, but they didnt blend with the mediocrity - they stood out for their superiority.

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-01-2011, 11:49 AM

If De Graaf and Miller were that good you would think then that maybe they would form a some sort of partnership and be able to read each others passes??

Latapy and Sauzee played with players at Hibs that were far poorer technically, but they didnt blend with the mediocrity - they stood out for their superiority.

Very true. There is incredible for defence for Miller on this board. He has not played at a higher level??
Never played consistently at Septic, Nor United, Nor Sunderland. So maybe now as he plays every week he is being shown up for the absolute dross that he actually is. Miller should be released from his contract and told to leave.

coco22
09-01-2011, 11:51 AM

de graff and miller arent fit to lace the boots of sauzee and latapy, never mind be compared to. your point is spot on though and proves as a measure of both our current 'quality' and where the club has progressed.

el capitano
09-01-2011, 12:02 PM
as much as sauzee and latapy were exceptional players ( best iv seen) they were part of a hibs side supported fully by us supporters, dont under estimate the advantages of this and our players now and in recent years have had none of this encouragement and its a shame tbh as these players would flourish in this environment

al bundy
09-01-2011, 03:48 PM
get rid of both, they are not interested in hibs only themselves

Alfred E Newman
09-01-2011, 04:00 PM

I think you should have stayed in your bed.

Sammy7nil
09-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Miller - lives on PAST Reputation he has been on a downward spiral for years and we can see why. He can play but 95% of the time he chooses not to. He can leave whenever he wants and will NOT be missed.

De Graff - Yogi appears to have been sold a "Pup" this guy has done NOTHING to show why he should be on decent wages. Does not have the Legs, Lungs or Fight for the SPL midfield. I think he tries he is simply not good enough.

How anyone can defend these two is beyond me these two are seasoned pro's who should be driving the team on and helping youngsters.

Their performaces this season have been disgraceful.

HamiltonHibee
09-01-2011, 05:07 PM

Please tell me that is a joke who could possibly be technically poorer than de graff he is one of the worst players at the club without a doubt, who ever scouted him from holland must have been on the bob hope when they were overthere.

I watched him put in one of the worst performances i have ever seen in a midweek game at rugby park, missed an absolute sitter,sold 2 goals and almost a third trying to clear a header and itwent right across his own box, the guy is gash.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2011, 07:23 PM
It's now painfully obvious why we managed to sign these two calibre players! We must be in an episode of the Real Hustle new series.

ScottB
09-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Please tell me that is a joke who could possibly be technically poorer than de graff he is one of the worst players at the club without a doubt, who ever scouted him from holland must have been on the bob hope when they were overthere.

I watched him put in one of the worst performances i have ever seen in a midweek game at rugby park, missed an absolute sitter,sold 2 goals and almost a third trying to clear a header and itwent right across his own box, the guy is gash.

He was the Captain of an Eredivise team though, which suggests he at least wasn't that bad at the time.

Which begs the question, as it does for a number of other of our players, why do they appear to get worse as soon as they rock up to Easter Road?

J-C
09-01-2011, 08:04 PM
He was the Captain of an Eredivise team though, which suggests he at least wasn't that bad at the time.

Which begs the question, as it does for a number of other of our players, why do they appear to get worse as soon as they rock up to Easter Road?

I personally think that there's something rotten in the background of ER, what I don't know....... but since JC came in the standard of players has went down to such a drastic level it begs the question...WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON AT ER??????

YetholmHibee
09-01-2011, 08:06 PM

:top marks :agree: :thumbsup:

Spot on!!

And that goes for a few other 'superstars' at Easter Road.

:taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi

ScottB
09-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I personally think that there's something rotten in the background of ER, what I don't know....... but since JC came in the standard of players has went down to such a drastic level it begs the question...WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON AT ER??????

Very much so, is it how our coaches train the players, the amount of time they spend working? I just don't know.

I can't think that a good player would come here and willingly allow themselves to turn rotten, so the mind boggles as to what is actually going on. As you say, something's rotten.

Hibeesb0unc3
09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
i must say that even though we haven't signed the greatest players i agree that they seem to all get progressively worse when they come to Easter Road. So there is definetely something with the backroom staff

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2011, 09:15 PM
i must say that even though we haven't signed the greatest players i agree that they seem to all get progressively worse when they come to Easter Road. So there is definetely something with the backroom staff

We have never been the same since Gordon Marshall left.

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Very true. There is incredible for defence for Miller on this board. He has not played at a higher level??
Never played consistently at Septic, Nor United, Nor Sunderland. So maybe now as he plays every week he is being shown up for the absolute dross that he actually is. Miller should be released from his contract and told to leave.

The stick Miller takes for his passing on here is pretty embarrassing at times IMO. You can be the best passer in the world, but you will look rubbish if you have no one to pass to. The players in front of him/our strikers dont have an ounce of movement in them, and I really mean that. I can remember the last time I saw one of our strikers run into the channels to get the ball and allow the team to move up - watching stokes do it this afternoon depressed me and emphasised what we are missing.

Liam Miller is a good player and I hope he decides to stay with Hibs. We need CC to rattle our strikers heads together and tell them to start moving rather than wandering around the middle waving there arms up and down in disappointment.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
The stick Miller takes for his passing on here is pretty embarrassing at times IMO. You can be the best passer in the world, but you will look rubbish if you have no one to pass to. The players in front of him/our strikers dont have an ounce of movement in them, and I really mean that. I can remember the last time I saw one of our strikers run into the channels to get the ball and allow the team to move up - watching stokes do it this afternoon depressed me and emphasised what we are missing.

Liam Miller is a good player and I hope he decides to stay with Hibs. We need CC to rattle our strikers heads together and tell them to start moving rather than wandering around the middle waving there arms up and down in disappointment.

For once i agree with you, he also gets no help from the rubbish beside him in midfield.

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 09:30 PM
For once i agree with you, he also gets no help from the rubbish beside him in midfield.

For once I actually agree with you - our wide players offer him very little.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2011, 09:39 PM
For once I actually agree with you - our wide players offer him very little.

Exactly, we need Ian Murray out wide. If he was out wide, we'd look a lot better. I suggest Albion Road, better still Edina place.

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Exactly, we need Ian Murray out wide. If he was out wide, we'd look a lot better. I suggest Albion Road, better still Edina place.

Dont worry, I did see where you were going with your previous post!

For what it is worth, I dont think Miller played as well when Murray went off and more often that not ended up playing further back as McBride moved up the pitch to do that flick over his head thing then run into an opposing player!

For the avoidance of doubt and in light of new....etiquette rules, I will politely disagree with your opinion....I seem to manage to get an infraction for logging on these days!

Ed De Gramo
09-01-2011, 10:28 PM

Miller has done **** all for the last 12 months....he was found out at Leeds and found out at QPR. Earning some good wages for sweet FA.

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Miller has done **** all for the last 12 months....he was found out at Leeds and found out at QPR. Earning some good wages for sweet FA.

I dont agree with that, and to be honest I dont think any of us know how much he earns however relevant that is.

My point was simply you cant pass to someone who is not there, hiding, or not going to move for the ball. The movement around him and in front of him is poor. A lot is made of Riordans goals and how we would be in the third division without him, Miller has scored a reasonable number of goals for us albeit does not benefit from the same level of protection not being a Hibs fan.

IMO he is one to keep.

3pm
09-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I dont agree with that, and to be honest I dont think any of us know how much he earns however relevant that is.

My point was simply you cant pass to someone who is not there, hiding, or not going to move for the ball. The movement around him and in front of him is poor. A lot is made of Riordans goals and how we would be in the third division without him, Miller has scored a reasonable number of goals for us albeit does not benefit from the same level of protection not being a Hibs fan.

IMO he is one to keep.

How many has he scored then? One good yin against Motherwell, one against Aberdeen last year that took a massive deflection, one against the Huns that took a massive deflection. Any others?

Ed De Gramo
09-01-2011, 10:41 PM

IMO he is one to keep.

How is his earnings not relevant?

For the money he's earning, we could easily have 1 possibly 2 players who will actually look interested for this club.

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 10:45 PM
How is his earnings not relevant?

For the money he's earning, we could easily have 1 possibly 2 players who will actually look interested for this club.

Its irrelevant because you dont know what they are, you may assume they are a lot, I would assume the opposite, but at the end of the day you dont know.

ekhibee
10-01-2011, 12:30 AM

Yep, and he was quite a good player there too. Miller seems to have been signed on the half season he was outstanding for Celtic years ago, and the 'if Man U think he's good he must be good then' theory. These are both players that have seen better days, and Yogi has to take some of the blame for signing them, but I really don't think the scouting system at Hibs has been that great for years,since John Park left, that's only my opinion though.

since90plustwo
10-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Yep, and he was quite a good player there too. Miller seems to have been signed on the half season he was outstanding for Celtic years ago, and the 'if Man U think he's good he must be good then' theory. These are both players that have seen better days, and Yogi has to take some of the blame for signing them, but I really don't think the scouting system at Hibs has been that great for years,since John Park left, that's only my opinion though.

i dont think you can blame yogi? if you saw an endrivise captain that has played in europe on the cheap, and you had seen him play a few times, you would sign them up. as for miller? first part of last season miller was untouchable, he is maybe past his best but still good enough for us, how was yogi mean to know that hey would be poor this season. hes a manager, not a fortune teller :wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Dont worry, I did see where you were going with your previous post!

For what it is worth, I dont think Miller played as well when Murray went off and more often that not ended up playing further back as McBride moved up the pitch to do that flick over his head thing then run into an opposing player!

For the avoidance of doubt and in light of new....etiquette rules, I will politely disagree with your opinion....I seem to manage to get an infraction for logging on these days!

I doubt very much you get warned for logging on? :confused: