PDA

View Full Version : The Cup

ANDY McGEECHAN
09-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Maybe its an age thing, or don't I care as much anymore ? Now in my 54th year and having experienced Scottish cup exits to the might of Airdrie Arbroath Montrose PartickTh Clydebank East Fife Ayr Utd Ross Co Raith Rov Stirling Alb and now probably Ayr again, why am I not surprised.
The talk on the Dalkeith & Bonnyrigg bus home yesterday was all about having a good day out at the replay (Will we take Wednesday off Thursday off or both) the chances of Hibs winning the replay were never really mentioned. It seemed all to acceptable that Ayr were now favorites to win the tie. FFS Ayr Utd. There will be a lot of young Hibbys going to Somerset for the first time, when your there have a good look at the stadium, it makes the pink bus shelters look like the San Siro. But this is the difference in stature of the two clubs. Ugly sisters apart , we have the best set up in Scotland . So how the ****** cant we wipe the the floor with a 2nd Div 2nd rate bunch of p**h. Answer, we're a bigger bunch of p**h. Who's to blame ? Calderwood Rodders or that pathetic lot that have the cheek to pick up a wage packet every month, probably a bit of all three.
Yesterday was supposed to be a fun day, the glamour of the cup (and hats of to the Ayr fans for attending and creating a bit of atmosphere) I personally couldn't wait to get back to the warmth and Guinness of the Loch Inn. This is my leisure time, the weekend, when I don't have to worry about work or the mortgage or the gas bill, I've spent a more pleasurable afternoon on the dentists chair.
To all the players that wore the jersey yesterday, enjoy your day off and thanks for nothing and I hope you all slept ok.

See you at Ayr

Kevin Flynn