PDA

View Full Version : Should Calderwood and Petrie go?

Greenheart
08-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I have been watching Hibs since season 71/72 and by far and away, even after the few weeks Calderwood has been here, this is the worst I have seen Hibs. We have no drive, enthusiasm or passion. A manager who stands idlely on the touchline cannot change the tactics to overcome lower division opposition. Every interview is bland he appears not to care about our team and the performances.

If he was the best candidate for the Hibs job then what does that say about the club and the board. We need and deserve a manager that wants Hibs to succeed as much as the fans do and a board that will support him.

At present we have a manager who is not up to the job, and will have us relegated. Plus a board who will not open the purse strings sufficiently to allow the signing of some quality players.

If the board are not willing to employ the best and invest in the team why should we give our hard earned cash to sit in a fantastic stand and watch Rubbish. Bring back the old ground and the Stantons, Rae's, Geebsie's and yes even the Tortolano's who knew what pulling on a Hibs top meant.

Calderwood and Petrie do the right thing and resign.

:bye:

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I have been watching Hibs since season 71/72 and by far and away, even after the few weeks Calderwood has been here, this is the worst I have seen Hibs. We have no drive, enthusiasm or passion. A manager who stands idlely on the touchline cannot change the tactics to overcome lower division opposition. Every interview is bland he appears not to care about our team and the performances.

If he was the best candidate for the Hibs job then what does that say about the club and the board. We need and deserve a manager that wants Hibs to succeed as much as the fans do and a board that will support him.

At present we have a manager who is not up to the job, and will have us relegated. Plus a board who will not open the purse strings sufficiently to allow the signing of some quality players.

If the board are not willing to employ the best and invest in the team why should we give our hard earned cash to sit in a fantastic stand and watch Rubbish. Bring back the old ground and the Stantons, Rae's, Geebsie's and yes even the Tortolano's who knew what pulling on a Hibs top meant.

No I dont think they should.

I think they should pull there finger out and sign a decent CF and a 6 foot 5 CH.

Greenheart
08-01-2011, 11:11 PM
No I dont think they should.

I think they should pull there finger out and sign a decent CF and a 6 foot 5 CH.

We need more there is a lack of commitment, no fire in the belly we deserve more and better. And the CF and 6'5" CH and a couple of good midfielders and not loan deals

grantonhibee
08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
for me a think its petrie to blame we have had 4 managers in as many years and everyone of them have not been able to work with what we have , petrie for me doesn't care about the football side of it , he runs us like a business and doesnt care about results as long as at the end of the financial year our books tally up.

everyone knows in a business you have to put it before you see the results and for me petrie isnt cominf forward with any cash for us to deal with the silution , we are selling off our main players every year now so that the money made can make us look good at the end of the financial year , petrie get your hand in the pot and give the manager something to work with , i feel its unfair to lay the blame at calderwood just now , he needs time and money to put together a squad he feels will get us results , but petrie being petrie a wouldnt hold my breath.

Franck Stanton
08-01-2011, 11:20 PM

Petrie - YES, DEFINATELY, WITHOUT DOUBT, SOONER THE BETTER, [ as far as the footballing side of things stand]

Calderwood ? - MMMMMMMMMM, IMO too soon to say, he has inherited this bunch of w*****s and hasn't been allowed enough time/opportunities to build his own team [as yet] , No he hasn't inspired them to play any better [ the Rangers game aside], but when you have a squad who know that they aren't going to be offered a new contract at end of season, they aren't really going to try a leg now are they? If it was you in that position would you really bust a gut knowing you were going to get the bullet in a few months? So , jury out on CC at the moment, lets see what he does in this transfer window first eh.

stevenhibs
08-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Definitely not (Caldo) and probably not but he (Petrie) should certainly take more of a gamble football wise.

It's some of the garbage brought in by the previous regime and the ones that clearly don't want to be here that should GTF!

Just Jimmy
09-01-2011, 01:51 AM
We had Mixu, he cared as much as we do... we hounded him out.
We had Hughes, he cared as much as we do... we hounded him out.
We have Calderwood, apparently he doesn't care...

Petrie should be the one being hounded out.

sesoim
09-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Petrie is 100% to blame for this situation, because he is useless at appointing managers. I didn't and still don't want CC here, but I think we will have to wait and see who he signs in the next couple of weeks. If his signings make no impact and we slip further down the table, he will HAVE to go in March. That being the case, Petrie should immediately step down as his lack of footballing knowledge/intelligence/instinct has cost Hibs a few times now.

CC inspires no confidence and comes across as dull, vacant, lacking in motivational skills, uninspiring....kind of like Alex Miller but worse. I really don't know why petrie was so desperate to appoint him. Fortunately, I think Adams has potential and if he got the job in March I think we'd start to see some improvement.

Interesting weeks ahead...

CB_NO3
09-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Petries time is defo up. We are not moving forward as a football team. Petrie has done an ok job for Hibs but thats it.

Beefster
09-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Petrie is 100% to blame for this situation, because he is useless at appointing managers. I didn't and still don't want CC here, but I think we will have to wait and see who he signs in the next couple of weeks. If his signings make no impact and we slip further down the table, he will HAVE to go in March. That being the case, Petrie should immediately step down as his lack of footballing knowledge/intelligence/instinct has cost Hibs a few times now.

CC inspires no confidence and comes across as dull, vacant, lacking in motivational skills, uninspiring....kind of like Alex Miller but worse. I really don't know why petrie was so desperate to appoint him. Fortunately, I think Adams has potential and if he got the job in March I think we'd start to see some improvement.

Interesting weeks ahead...

Perhaps Calderwood was appointed because he's got a fairly decent record as a manager, has done well as an assistant at Newcastle and is well spoken about within the game? You seem to have this desire to perpetuate the myth that Calderwood's been a utter failure as a manager, which is nonsense.

If Adams is the answer, why isn't he sorting the players out now? If it comes to Calderwood leaving, I'll despair if we appoint a guy whose managerial achievements don't compare to Calderwood and stop at a cup run or two.

Sammy7nil
09-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Petrie - YES, DEFINATELY, WITHOUT DOUBT, SOONER THE BETTER, [ as far as the footballing side of things stand]

Calderwood ? - MMMMMMMMMM, IMO too soon to say, he has inherited this bunch of w*****s and hasn't been allowed enough time/opportunities to build his own team [as yet] , No he hasn't inspired them to play any better [ the Rangers game aside], but when you have a squad who know that they aren't going to be offered a new contract at end of season, they aren't really going to try a leg now are they? If it was you in that position would you really bust a gut knowing you were going to get the bullet in a few months? So , jury out on CC at the moment, lets see what he does in this transfer window first eh.

Pretty much agree with that the problem is we have to survive this season and we are not in great shape we need at least 3 loan signings NOW. This run will taint Calderwood and it will be very hard to be fully "accepted". He needs to turn it around Very quickly to do that 8 points out of 12 bery soon would do the trick.

Lets give Calderwood time Petrie must change or GO.

hibby67
09-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I would say no to both going
cc : Needs a chance to build his own team and see what he is made off

petrie.: I would give him one more chance to now invest in the team now that the training centre and the stand have been done...if he fails to deliver then time for him to go

ALF TUPPER
09-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Should Calderwood and Petrie go?

...........No, No and thrice No ! :greengrin

Glory Glory

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2011, 10:55 AM
To be replaced by who, and who?

Wing and Prayer.

heretoday
09-01-2011, 11:06 AM
To be replaced by who, and who?

Exactly! Who are the guys who will step in and sort everything out?

Stick in Hibbies. Football is swings and roundabouts and we're on a downswing!

Golden Bear
09-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Another madness thread.

The buck stops with the players right now and no one else.

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Another madness thread.

The buck stops with the players right now and no one else.

Exactly. Sack the players!