PDA

View Full Version : De Graaf - Was he injured today or just completely dropped ?

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Just wondering if De Graaf was injured or dropped today. Does anyone know (or has anyone actually noticed that he wasn't even in the squad ?!?)

P.S Don't think that the "Dutch Wizard" would have made much difference against the mighty (part time) Ayr Utd anyway.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 08:31 PM
No idea, but i thought McBride did well when he came on, and looked a better option than Murray and DeGraff put together.

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 08:42 PM
No idea, but i thought McBride did well when he came on, and looked a better option than Murray and DeGraff put together.

Wasn't at the game so can't comment. However your comment re McBride doesn't surprise me. How the likes of De Graaf, Stevenson, Rankin and Murray can get a game ahead of him is beyond me.

On a separate note, I was speaking to an ex player (now coach at a 1st Division club) who played against De Graaf in a friendly a couple of years ago. He said that he thought De Graaf was murder even back then. He couldn't beleve it when Hibs signed him this season!

When you consider that De Graaf was our banner headline signing, it kind of sums up why we are struggling. :boo hoo:

P.S I know that you do not rate Murray. In my view though, De Graf is even worse than Murray.......the guy is truly shocking. No one will take him off our hands, we are going to have to pay the guy off at some point I think.

IberianHibernian
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
No idea, but i thought McBride did well when he came on, and looked a better option than Murray and DeGraff put together.Agree . Hopefully he`ll get a chance from start in coming games . Must have been frustrating for him not to get a chance ( thought yellow card today was out of his determination to make his mark not just literally ! ) . Was one of our better players in late 2009 but again we don`t seem to be getting best out of these players .

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Wasn't at the game so can't comment. However your comment re McBride doesn't surprise me. How the likes of De Graaf, Stevenson, Rankin and Murray can get a game ahead of him is beyond me.

On a separate note, I was speaking to an ex player (now coach at a 1st Division club) who played against De Graaf in a friendly a couple of years ago. He said that he thought De Graaf was murder even back then. He couldn't beleve it when Hibs signed him this season!

When you consider that De Graaf was our banner headline signing, it kind of sums up why we are struggling. :boo hoo:

P.S I know that you do not rate Murray. In my view though, De Graf is even worse than Murray.......the guy is truly shocking. No one will take him off our hands, we are going to have to pay the guy off at some point I think.

I dont know whatever gave you that idea? :wink: McBride is not the best player we have ever had, but he does give you effort, a bit of basic skill on the ball ie he keeps it, and finds green jerseys. The two you mention rarely do imo, and contribute little to the side. They are not the only ones though sadly.

3pm
08-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I dont know whatever gave you that idea? :wink: McBride is not the best player we have ever had, but he does give you effort, a bit of basic skill on the ball ie he keeps it, and finds green jerseys. The two you mention rarely do imo, and contribute little to the side. They are not the only ones though sadly.

The flipside to McBride is that he can't tackle and isn't particularly physical! In my view, being powderpuff is one of the reasons we struggle.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
The flipside to McBride is that he can't tackle and isn't particularly physical! In my view, being powderpuff is one of the reasons we struggle.

Really? I think he's a better tackler than both, as he gets there on time more often. Murray and DeGraff cant keep the ball either, normally their 2nd touch is a tackle. For me McBride wins every time.

NiallGR
08-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Really? I think he's a better tackler than both, as he gets there on time more often. Murray and DeGraff cant keep the ball either, normally their 2nd touch is a tackle. For me McBride wins every time.

Nonsense! De Graff get's a lot of abuse but watching when zemamma came against DUFC he looked to play triangles in the right place that we have been missing!

He is one of the only players we have that have a bit fire in their belly, and more improtantly press's the ball in the right places (just a pity his team mates dont follow him).

Not want to get into the argument about tho's who have and havent played football but EDG is someone i would want in my team!!!! If we had a few more playing with his desire, passion and will to win we wouldn't be sitting where we are!

GGTTH

3pm
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM

I'd take De Graff out the equation as I don't think he can be compared to the other 2. A couple of steady performances but generally shiiite and a massive disappointment.

The other 2 are a fairer comparison in my view. McBride is a far better footballer than Murray but doesn't have the dig. Murray's never been a good footballer. Should be a CH for me, nothing else. However, defensively, in my view he is far better. He rattles a few cages and wins a few tackles. Long term solution? No. A combination of both is someone like Kevin Thomson but folk like him don't appear at ER too often. Unfortunately.

We need better than both to progress as a team in my view though.

zlatan
08-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Last week I posted saying I noticed him twice last week, when his name was in the line up and again when I seen him go down the tunnel at the final whistle.

Again it maybe says more about my lapsed interest in Hibs than him but I was there today and literally forgot all about him until I read this thread title.

Gala Foxes
08-01-2011, 09:27 PM
the dutch jarko wiss

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Nonsense! De Graff get's a lot of abuse but watching when zemamma came against DUFC he looked to play triangles in the right place that we have been missing!

He is one of the only players we have that have a bit fire in their belly, and more improtantly press's the ball in the right places (just a pity his team mates dont follow him).

Not want to get into the argument about tho's who have and havent played football but EDG is someone i would want in my team!!!! If we had a few more playing with his desire, passion and will to win we wouldn't be sitting where we are!

GGTTH

Honestly mate, you must be at the wind up - surely ?!?!?

We would all have "fire in our belly" if we played for Hibs, but De Graaf cant pass or control the ball properly FFS !!!

I know we all have opinions, but you must now be in a minority of 1 if you think De Graaf is any good. :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 11:09 PM
the dutch jarko wiss

Having had the "pleasure" of seeing both Wiss and De Graaf play, I can tell you that the "Dutch Wizard" is worse than Wiss. At least Wiss could control and pass the ball.

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Last week I posted saying I noticed him twice last week, when his name was in the line up and again when I seen him go down the tunnel at the final whistle.

Again it maybe says more about my lapsed interest in Hibs than him but I was there today and literally forgot all about him until I read this thread title.

Exactly, and you will not be the only one ! Given he was our headline banner signing this season, I would at least have expected another post asking why he was nowhere to be seen today......but no, not one. I honestly think that a number of us will have not even noticed his absence.

Our worst ever signing IMHO (and I include AOB in that).

silverhibee
08-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Just wondering if De Graaf was injured or dropped today. Does anyone know (or has anyone actually noticed that he wasn't even in the squad ?!?)

P.S Don't think that the "Dutch Wizard" would have made much difference against the mighty (part time) Ayr Utd anyway.

Dropped.

Toaods
08-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Quite right....was utterly dire at Tynie.

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Dropped.

Thought as much - correct decision from CC :agree:

As stated in a previous post, no-one is going to take this dud off our hands, so we are stuck with him. :boo hoo: It wouldn't surprise me if we resorted to paying him off at some point in the future. :agree:

silverhibee
08-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Thought as much - correct decision from CC :agree:

As stated in a previous post, no-one is going to take this dud off our hands, so we are stuck with him. :boo hoo: It wouldn't surprise me if we resorted to paying him off at some point in the future. :agree:

Hopefully Yogi gets a job soon and he can take him of our hands, yogi rate's him highly. :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Hopefully Yogi gets a job soon and he can take him of our hands, yogi rate's him highly. :rolleyes:

I find that incredible, if true. :confused:

He may have rated him based on video footage, but I don't believe Yogi actually watched him in the flesh before signing him. :agree:

I can't think of a worse Hibs signing, happy to be challenged on that though. :agree:

YetholmHibee
09-01-2011, 01:31 AM
After watching the New Years game last week, I would of dropped both DeGraff & Miller as they were non existent.

They should try Murray & Mcbride in the middle of the park - for a try!

Septimus
09-01-2011, 07:23 AM
The need for a box to box player was correctly identified. Sadly the player to fill that need was not.