PDA

View Full Version : NHC Walcott admits that he took a dive

H18sry
08-01-2011, 08:32 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9351043.stm

nice to see some honesty :rolleyes:

500miles
08-01-2011, 09:10 PM
If a foreign player had done it, the English would be going DAFT.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 09:31 PM
The FA should be giving him a retrospective 3 match ban.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 09:34 PM

The punishment for diving's only a booking though?

down-the-slope
08-01-2011, 09:48 PM
dived ..... and joined his captain in protesting and putting pressure for penalty to the ref

Future17
08-01-2011, 09:49 PM

:rolleyes::yawn:

Why? For admitting it?

A dive is a booking - the ref saw the incident and didn't take action.

FWIW, Walcott is a player I've often admired for staying on his feet when he could have gone down.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 09:54 PM
The punishment for diving's only a booking though?

:rolleyes::yawn:

Why? For admitting it?

A dive is a booking - the ref saw the incident and didn't take action.

FWIW, Walcott is a player I've often admired for staying on his feet when he could have gone down.

UEFA banned Mikoliunas after he dived against Scotland a couple of years ago, so the precedent's been set.

If Walcott has admitted to diving, the FA should ban him.

I happen to be of the opinion that blatant diving should be worthy of a straight red card anyway.

It's cheating.

HibbyAndy
08-01-2011, 09:54 PM

:hilarious

Could you imagine if your old Man u favourite Ronaldo admitted it? He would have averaged about 8 games a season as a red Devil.

Hundreds and hundreds of players in every league in every world all season take a tumble, How many have the balls like Walcott are man enough to admit
it? Aye exactly.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 09:57 PM
UEFA banned Mikoliunas after he dived against Scotland a couple of years ago, so the precedent's been set.

I happen to be of the opinion that blatant diving should be worthy of a straight red card anyway.

It's cheating.

Gordon Smith tried to introduce this when he was at the SFA but he wasn't allowed?

Removed
08-01-2011, 09:57 PM

Could you imagine if your old Man u favourite Ronaldo admitted it? He would have averaged about 8 games a season as a red Devil.

Hundreds and hundreds of players in every league in every world all season take a tumble, How many have the balls like Walcott are man enough to admit
it? Aye exactly.

:agree: and that **** Nani is at it all the time as well

HibbyAndy
08-01-2011, 09:59 PM
:agree: and that **** Nani is at it all the time as well

:agree:

Learned it from a bigger **** in Ronaldo at Old Trafford.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM

it? Aye exactly.

I don't deny that Ronaldo dived whilst he was at Manchester Utd, he should have been banned as well.

Honestly, if players were issued with 3 match bans for taking obvious dives, it wouldn't be long before we saw players staying on their feet a lot more.

I hate seeing players dive and cheat, regardless of which team they play for, they are bringing the game into disrepute with their actions and they are cheating their fellow professionals.

A few days ago, I saw Tiote of Newcastle holding his face after an opponent had grabbed the ball off of him as he lay on the ground. No contact was made with his face but the physio ended up giving him "treatment". He was clearly trying to get an opponent sent off as any contact with the face normally results in a red card.

He should have been banned too.

lapsedhibee
08-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Walcott is a player I've often admired for staying on his feet when he could have gone down.

:agree: As indeed he did a couple of minutes later when the usual suspects would have gone to ground instantly.

3pm
08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I am sure Italian football introduced a rule where if you dived you received a one game ban.

I have vague memories of Stoichkov, a fine player, getting a one game ban while at Parma. Could be wrong with that....and the spelling of his name!

Hibs On Tour
09-01-2011, 01:47 AM

It's cheating.

100% with all of that. :top marks

Thought it was hilarious in his interview when he tried to give it that 'I'm not that kind of player' pish when he had just admitted that in fact he is just that type of player when he chooses to be!