PDA

View Full Version : Danny Galbraith

since90plustwo
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Didn't have the best end product a few times, but i thought he was one of our better players again. showed hunger, especially for that run at the end when he left about 4 people behind. few of his crosses today were brilliant and only needed a touch. think he could tun out to be a very good player at us. thoughts?

TornadoHibby
08-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Didn't have the best end product a few times, but i thought he was one of our better players again. showed hunger, especially for that run at the end when he left about 4 people behind. few of his crosses today were brilliant and only needed a touch. think he could tun out to be a very good player at us. thoughts?

He certainly looks like he could be a decent player if he got some serious game time! :agree:

paul_hfc3
09-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Danny Galbraith is pish and I ain't trolling. Why is there this sunshine out of arse material coming on to him. Hes young wow woopty ****ing doo. Hes played many of times for Hibs and as been below average to forgetting hes on the pitch. He adds nothing to the team apart from losing the ball from counter attacks and poor crosses.

His contract runs out at the end of the season for a reason. Hes rank.

truehibernian
09-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Danny Galbraith is pish and I ain't trolling. Why is there this sunshine out of arse material coming on to him. Hes young wow woopty ****ing doo. Hes played many of times for Hibs and as been below average to forgetting hes on the pitch. He adds nothing to the team apart from losing the ball from counter attacks and poor crosses.

:confused:

Deary deary me......Danny spent most of last season on the bench, and the games this season, especially under CC, he has been the one bright spark. Very good v Utd, and today I thought he was full of effort and energy and a few really good driving runs.

For losing possession so easily, and in your own half at times in perilous positions, sir I give you Merouane Zemmama today :agree:

Danny is a good player, and in a confident team with good players around him, he will be a star for Hibs IMO.

Riordans Boots
09-01-2011, 12:28 AM

Aww get a grip :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
09-01-2011, 12:29 AM

Very harsh, disagree.

You sound like you need a cuddle.

Riordans Boots
09-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Very harsh, disagree.

You sound like you need a cuddle.

Or a slap :cool2:

The Voice Of Reason
09-01-2011, 12:33 AM
[/B]

Indeed :agree:

Franck Stanton
09-01-2011, 12:35 AM

Get a grip, he will - given time and opportunity - be a really, REALLY , good player for us, your summing up of him is rude, childish and very far off the mark, now go and lie down in a dark room until you feel better.

paul_hfc3
09-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Get a grip, he will - given time and opportunity - be a really, REALLY , good player for us, your summing up of him is rude, childish and very far off the mark, now go and lie down in a dark room until you feel better.

Sorry that I have a different opinion. And sorry mum for my poor Etiquette..'Rude'

If he is that brillant, then how come is contract runs out at the end of the season?

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Sorry that I have a different opinion. And sorry mum for my poor Etiquette..'Rude'

If he is that brillant, then how come is contract runs out at the end of the season?

Like Deek, you mean?

The Voice Of Reason
09-01-2011, 12:48 AM

Not sure how to sweeten what I want to say, oh sod it, I'll just say it :-

You sound like a bit of a neanderthal. :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
09-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Like Deek, you mean?

Or Kenny Miller ?

Franck Stanton
09-01-2011, 12:49 AM

So what you are saying is that if a young, at the point of signing, player isn't given more than a two year contract then he cant be any good?

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Or Kenny Miller ?

And Ronaldhino, I think.

Now there's a thought....:greengrin

lucky
09-01-2011, 01:32 AM
im drunk but he is the poor mans Ivan Sproule . He is not good enough x

(((Fergus)))
09-01-2011, 01:48 AM
[/B]

Or bent over and rogered

YetholmHibee
09-01-2011, 02:23 AM

Deary deary me......Danny spent most of last season on the bench, and the games this season, especially under CC, he has been the one bright spark. Very good v Utd, and today I thought he was full of effort and energy and a few really good driving runs.

For losing possession so easily, and in your own half at times in perilous positions, sir I give you Merouane Zemmama today :agree:

Danny is a good player, and in a confident team with good players around him, he will be a star for Hibs IMO.

Can say that about a few hibs players!!

That's the problem with Hibs, there are so many Hibs players that come under the same umbrella.

Need a manager that can sort out the wheat from the chaff!!

:agree:

Shrekko
09-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Can say that about a few hibs players!!

That's the problem with Hibs, there are so many Hibs players that come under the same umbrella.

Need a manager that can sort out the wheat from the chaff!!

I don't buy this excuse that SOME players are not playing well because they are surrounded by duffers. A good player will always look good and be able to make his mark on a game no matter who he plays for. John Collins played in a pretty dismal and boring Hibs team but yet he always looked a class apart and could turn and control games with his skill.

Galbraith was built up as the big hope when he wasn't getting a game so i think people are trying to be ultra positive about him but I'm not convinced. He's a trier but not sure whether he has enough to be a successful winger- keep hearing he has pace but he never really flies by people and he doesn't have enough trickery to dribble round folk either.

I think he has a chance but really needs to grab the bull by the horns soon. I thought a game against Ayr might see him really kick on but although he looked ok he didn't really terrorise them.

lucky
09-01-2011, 02:53 AM
sorry but he is pants

KiddA
09-01-2011, 04:31 AM

I don't buy this excuse that SOME players are not playing well because they are surrounded by duffers. A good player will always look good and be able to make his mark on a game no matter who he plays for. John Collins played in a pretty dismal and boring Hibs team but yet he always looked a class apart and could turn and control games with his skill.

Galbraith was built up as the big hope when he wasn't getting a game so i think people are trying to be ultra positive about him but I'm not convinced. He's a trier but not sure whether he has enough to be a successful winger- keep hearing he has pace but he never really flies by people and he doesn't have enough trickery to dribble round folk either.

I think he has a chance but really needs to grab the bull by the horns soon. I thought a game against Ayr might see him really kick on but although he looked ok he didn't really terrorise them.

You are spot on :agree:

Hibercelona
09-01-2011, 05:39 AM
sorry but he is pants

No he isn't.

He's a decent youngster that is surrounded by crap.

He would improve and flourish in a better team.

Dunbar Hibee
09-01-2011, 01:02 PM
sorry but he is pants

Load of pish.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-01-2011, 01:23 PM
He's young wow woopty ****ing doo. rank.
Given we rely on youth -which has it's consequences - I think attitudes like this will not help us move forward as a club. And despite the facilities if we as fans can't give them a bit of leeway then perhaps well see parents and players voting with their feet. Now that would be a sad day for the club.

stowhibby
09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I can't say iv seen enough of him to pass judgement, however looking at the highlights from saturday if we had possibly had a half decent striker he could of set up a couple of goals.

He drove a great cross hard along the 6 yard box and there was no one near it and then he set deek up at the end but unfortunately he didn't appear to have his shooting boots on.

sahib
09-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I can't say iv seen enough of him to pass judgement, however looking at the highlights from saturday if we had possibly had a half decent striker he could of set up a couple of goals.

He drove a great cross hard along the 6 yard box and there was no one near it and then he set deek up at the end but unfortunately he didn't appear to have his shooting boots on.

I think he is a fast improving young player with considerable talent. He is a bright spot in the gloom of recent results.

steviehibsleith
09-01-2011, 10:02 PM
No he isn't.

He's a decent youngster that is surrounded by crap.

He would improve and flourish in a better team.

If hes that good why out of contract in the summer and no-one has signed him on a pre contract ?

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2011, 10:33 PM
He's one of very few who are improving. Not the finished article, but is getting better.

Cropley10
09-01-2011, 10:33 PM
If hes that good why out of contract in the summer and no-one has signed him on a pre contract ?

Careful what you wish for. It's only 9 Jan.

Other than Bamba no-one has come in for any of them.

I hope we hang on to Danny.

since90plustwo
10-01-2011, 02:28 AM

so riordans rubbish cause noones signed him up? just cause their contract is running down doesnt make them a bad player?

ahibby
10-01-2011, 09:52 AM
I have been fairly hard to please when it comes to some of the players we have had at ER but Danny Galbraith is one worth keeping. He gets to the by line repeatedly and the only frustrating thing for me is he can't pick out a final pass. On Saturday that was partially due to the number of Ayr players in their own box which made it difficult to pick out a Hibs player. Maybe our box players were in the wrong position for the pass but I think it was due to the number of players Ayr had defending. I wish people on here would keep their comments related to the players discussed rather than slagging or insulting posters because of their opinions.

Ritchie
10-01-2011, 09:55 AM

good one! :aok:

danny galbraith will become a great player for hibs.
he's been a shining light in these dark times! :not worth

Hakim Sar
10-01-2011, 07:01 PM
He's a peripheral player who I'd keep for another couple of years but I don't think he is particularly good either.

Nothing to write home about.

macidee1875
10-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Galbraith doesnt go past enough players with the pace that he has.He isnt a good enough crosser of the ball and if there is a decent end product we hardly flood the oppostions box with players so theres nothing really to aim at anyway. sad times

steviehibsleith
10-01-2011, 08:40 PM
so riordans rubbish cause noones signed him up? just cause their contract is running down doesnt make them a bad player?
Never said he was a bad player just asked if hes that good why no contract extension then backed it up by saying why no interst from anyone else. Riordan has plenty of teams sniffing.
IMO hes average and thats why they havent extended his contract as yet and no other team is in for him.

Simple statement if out of contract shortly and no-one after you from the same level or higher how good are you ?

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Never said he was a bad player just asked if hes that good why no contract extension then backed it up by saying why no interst from anyone else. Riordan has plenty of teams sniffing.
IMO hes average and thats why they havent extended his contract as yet and no other team is in for him.

Simple statement if out of contract shortly and no-one after you from the same level or higher how good are you ?

Is that you in your Avatar?

Duffys13
10-01-2011, 08:51 PM

Thought he was our best player against United two weeks ago, then dropped for the Derby. I hope to see more of him

steviehibsleith
10-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Is that you in your Avatar?
Only on a Saturday night in CCs you coming bay city roller :wink:

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Only on a Saturday night in CCs you coming bay city roller :wink:

No. Not all the Hibees are gay, Stevie...

brydekirk
10-01-2011, 10:39 PM

i saw a few good crosses, maybee would help if there was somebody trying to get on the end of them :agree:

3pm
10-01-2011, 10:44 PM
If Galbraith 'had it' he'd be playing regulalry by now.

What annoys me ia that we get him fae MAN UTD, the filth get Templeton from AYR UNITED yet they have the better player. Probably just annoys me though!!!!

sleeping giant
10-01-2011, 10:49 PM

What annoys me ia that we get him fae MAN UTD, the filth get Templeton from AYR UNITED yet they have the better player. Probably just annoys me though!!!!

Templeton has a platform to perform at Hearts. Galbraith has a shambles at Hibs.

since90plustwo
10-01-2011, 11:49 PM
templetons a year or so older than galbraith. danny struggled with injuries during his time at man united and dint get alot of game time for obvious reasons, whereas templeton got alot of game time when he was at stenhousemuir.

Hamish
11-01-2011, 05:04 PM

Don't think they did. His father Henry played for Ayr in the 70's when they had a decent side.

Danny has been unlucky with injuries and needs a spell starting games. I saw him as a juvenile and he was streets ahead of most of his teammates/opponents. As with the team confidence is a big thing and I think after Celtic Park he thought he would appear more regularly in the previous manager's thoughts. This didn't happen for whatever reason but appears that Calderwood either likes what he has seen in training, or has taken advice from some of the backroom team and is prepared to give him a decent run.

Ritchie
11-01-2011, 05:09 PM
i cant believe the stick DG is getting from some on here.

he's a young laddie who has been plagued by injury for most of his career.

yes he's had a couple of dodgy games but give the boy a break.... anybody who says he hasnt been improving as the amount of gametime increases must be watching different hibs games from me.

he's definately been one of our better players recently.

Sir David Gray
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
templetons a year or so older than galbraith. danny struggled with injuries during his time at man united and dint get alot of game time for obvious reasons, whereas templeton got alot of game time when he was at stenhousemuir.

I couldn't believe that, when I just checked their birth dates, Templeton was 22 a few days ago and Galbraith doesn't turn 21 until later this year!

I thought Templeton was 19/20 but he's actually the same age as me!

You learn something new every day.

Golden Bear
11-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Don't think they did. His father Henry played for Ayr in the 70's when they had a decent side.

Danny has been unlucky with injuries and needs a spell starting games. I saw him as a juvenile and he was streets ahead of most of his teammates/opponents. As with the team confidence is a big thing and I think after Celtic Park he thought he would appear more regularly in the previous manager's thoughts. This didn't happen for whatever reason but appears that Calderwood either likes what he has seen in training, or has taken advice from some of the backroom team and is prepared to give him a decent run.

As far as I can see he's the ONLY player in the squad with any real pace.

Goal, Archibald
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Irony being Galbraith went to United from Hearts.

As for Galbraith...

Like all young players, you need games to learn the trade, making mistakes and learning from them. See something in him tbh, worth keeping around.

With the younger guys in the team, you wonder how much better they would be doing if the side was playing with a bit of confidence.