PDA

View Full Version : Nice new stand , nice training centre , team heading for first division Thanks rod

HFC_0762
08-01-2011, 06:50 PM
big new stand which does look very good ( never full though) training centre ( well done ) Brought in millions of pounds from selling players , we now have a team heading for the first division . STOP blaming everyone else petrie is to blame , we keep selling players and replace them with *****( Peanut wages means peanut players) when we do bring a decent / gd player to the club we punt them , mr petrie 'EMPLOYS' these managers they dont employ themselves , the manager is responsible for the players who come in but you can only bring players who are going to accept low wages so you get crap coming in !! calderwood probably aint the answer but who employed mr calderwood ? mr petrie . A big new stand doesnt get you points on the pitch putting decent PLAYERS on the pitch does . but thanks rod we might be in the first division next season but we will have the best stadium in the first division !

Peevemor
08-01-2011, 06:54 PM
big new stand which does look very good ( never full though) training centre ( well done ) Brought in millions of pounds from selling players , we now have a team heading for the first division . STOP blaming everyone else petrie is to blame , we keep selling players and replace them with *****( Peanut wages means peanut players) when we do bring a decent / gd player to the club we punt them , mr petrie 'EMPLOYS' these managers they dont employ themselves , the manager is responsible for the players who come in but you can only bring players who are going to accept low wages so you get crap coming in !! calderwood probably aint the answer but who employed mr calderwood ? mr petrie . A big new stand doesnt get you points on the pitch putting decent PLAYERS on the pitch does . but thanks rod we might be in the first division next season but we will have the best stadium in the first division !

:yawn:

banarc7062
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I can understand your frustrations and agree the common denominator comes down to Rod Petrie. When he chose to listen to certain players gripe under the routines being introduced by John Collins he gave them player power. Sufficient to ignore the efforts of various managers since. In support of this I would refer to the situation and results under Mixu but the same manager under the same stringent financial controls at Kilmarnock has a team turning in results we at Hibs would be glad to have. Step back Rod and assess your position please.

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM

:hmmm: You must be very angry to break your silence after such a long time.

Hibercelona
08-01-2011, 06:58 PM
We aren't paying low wages.

We're currently paying the 4th highest wages in the league.

Which makes matters even worse IMO.

Teams like St Johnstone, Kilmarnock & Inverness are only paying fractions compared to what we are paying out.

Yet, they have consistantly out played us over the course of the season so far.

Fact of the matter is.... they have players on far less wages, that are far better players than our own.

SloopJB
08-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Absofrekinlutely.

Lets get back to those halcyon days when we were losing money to the extent that the club nearly disappeared and we were winning cups and championships.

Poor stewardship in my opinion, no short term planning.

Hibercelona
08-01-2011, 07:01 PM

Give it a rest FR.

You accuse every angry Hibby as either being a "yam" or being "yammish".

There are many upset hibbys right now, which I think is extremely understandable considering the situation we find ourselves in.

HibsMax
08-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I said several years ago that I backed Hibs plan to rebuild and take care of the business side of the club and get the finances under control. New stand. New training facility. Manageable debt? I said back then that I would be happy to put up with crappy results if it meant the secure future of our club.

We've done all that.

Now it's time to work on the actual team.

It took us YEARS to get to where we are now. Why should we expect the team to fall into place more quickly?

The business side of things has largely been taken care of. Now to the business of the crap on the park.

Good teams come and go but we have a stable base to build upon. I think this season is a wash. This summer should be interesting.

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Give it a rest FR.

You accuse every angry Hibby as either being a "yam" or being "yammish".

There are many upset hibbys right now, which I think is extremely understandable considering the situation we find ourselves in.

No, that's not true, I - on occasion - question people's motivation for posting. I also like to point out opinions that are close to the flawed logic that sees Hearts sitting on £40m debt with little more, if anything to show for it on the pitch.

In my experience, the best time to make decisions is when you are not angry. That way a clear head can plot a much better way ahead. As for our "predicament", I'm sure its one that many clubs would like - ask Dundee FC, for example.

Yes, we are in real danger of relegation, but with cool heads and focus on the job, we can avoid that. However if this hysteria continues to build then we will go down.

I know you're not a Yam and I'm sorry if you think I've ever said that you are.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
FR - Do you think anybody really gives a donald duck if other clubs would like to be in our predicament? Whether we go down or not we are pish. I've witnessed some pish over the last 35 years, yet still believe there was more tangible effort by the players before this lot.

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 07:44 PM
FR - Do you think anybody really gives a donald duck if other clubs would like to be in our predicament? Whether we go down or not we are pish. I've witnessed some pish over the last 35 years, yet still believe there was more tangible effort by the players before this lot.

I hadn't noticed how bad results had been - thanks. So how can we change things round?

Spike Mandela
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I said several years ago that I backed Hibs plan to rebuild and take care of the business side of the club and get the finances under control. New stand. New training facility. Manageable debt? I said back then that I would be happy to put up with crappy results if it meant the secure future of our club.

We've done all that.

It took us YEARS to get to where we are now. Why should we expect the team to fall into place more quickly?

The business side of things has largely been taken care of. Now to the business of the crap on the park.

Good teams come and go but we have a stable base to build upon. I think this season is a wash. This summer should be interesting.

As long as we are in the SPL to see the benefit of this new dawn:devil:

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Maybe if someone offered me 500K a year I would offer some suggestions. Either that or say nowt, works for somebody!

Dr Jimmy
08-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I hadn't noticed how bad results had been - thanks. So how can we change things round?

Try investing at the higher end of the player or manager market?

reservoir hibee
08-01-2011, 07:55 PM

We've done all that.

i agree with this a bit it seems as though everything off the pitch is done now..i mean what else do we have money to spend on??? we have aclub shop we have a nice shiny new stadium and a training complex that rivals a lot of the english premiership facilities

now surely we can start improving on the pitch but what do we have in the youth ranks?? are we going to be lucky enough to have another golden generation. ireally hope so. but i had hope for lewis stevenson kevin mccan hoggy to a certain extent kurtis byrne hopefully comes good wotherspoon should be a player with the right players around him as well as galbraith...but really who do we have in midfield in the youth ranks??? the well has dried up..is this due to john park leaving maybe?? maybe so but i would like to think that as a capital club we could attract a decent scouting network??? anybody know what our scouting network encompasses?? do we have many links overseas or is it predominantly in scotland/the uk?? does this change with each manager? i would assume that they use there own contacts/knowledge within the game but lets be honest we aint done great with our signings lately (imho)

we ARE in a position where we can improve.. we HAVE to we have everything in place for progression now

lets get some youngsters in with some hunger get some experienced pro's who know the game and have the passion.. i remember before i left the uk to come travelling we occasionally smiled on the pitch and had a laugh the youngsters we had had a bond and a bit of personality and character which is quite important in my opinion!!! what do we have now??? ermm.....seems a bit bland both in terms of what they can do with a football and what they can acheive as a group...no natural leadership.....

lets just hope colin calderwood can start this process if nto it starts with the next manager but IT WILL START.....i wish we could have had the training ground and the stadium we have now when we had mowbray and that bunch of players!!!! just imagine that for a second............ yea exactly!!!

hopefully we can get that at some point

banarc7062
08-01-2011, 07:56 PM

WE can't. As mere supporters we can only voice our concerns whether they are similar to the majority or not. It is upstairs that control our destiny and for the past several years we have had to suffer the apparent inability of those in charge to assist whatever manager we have to get the best possible team on the park. I have watched Hibs over a great number of years and had experience of poor teams, poor managers but this past few recent years unfortunately takes the buscuit.

HibsMax
08-01-2011, 07:57 PM
As long as we are in the SPL to see the benefit of this new dawn:devil:

Either way it will be interesting because we'll get to see what ambition Hibs have. Will they stick with what they have or will there be wholesale changes?

The thing is we have no idea what CC and RP have planned in terms of rebuilding the team and I am not at all surprised that they haven't told us. What are they going to say? "Yes, we're not renewing any contracts this summer." That's a great way to motivate the players. Maybe there is no plan. I don't know but I will wait and see rather than assume the worst like I think some people might be doing.

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
WE can't. As mere supporters we can only voice our concerns whether they are similar to the majority or not. It is upstairs that control our destiny and for the past several years we have had to suffer the apparent inability of those in charge to assist whatever manager we have to get the best possible team on the park. I have watched Hibs over a great number of years and had experience of poor teams, poor managers but this past few recent years unfortunately takes the buscuit.

Good point to an extent. The club does appear to have made money available to managers though so I don't think the blame is entirely the board's.

Have to agree that we have a bad lot at the moment, but I would venture that when we were putting trialists in the team in the early 80s we were in a worse mess.

Anyway, there's no need to speculate, all that's needed is to look at the history books, it's clear there must have been humpty teams in the past.

Jim44
08-01-2011, 08:03 PM

The OP may very well be from the dark side but it doesn't take a Jambo to see that we are the proverbial 'fur coat and nae knickers'.

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 08:08 PM
The OP may very well be from the dark side but it doesn't take a Jambo to see that we are the proverbial 'fur coat and nae knickers'.

It's better than having a pair of Calvin Kleins on and freezing to death because you don't have a coat though, er......

I didn't say he was a Jambo, I merely said he had been hiding his light under a bushel for a while. Poor guy seems to think you get relegated for drawing a Scottish Cup tie.

At Easter Road, a draw in the Scottish Cup is almost like qualifying for the Champions league. Any fool knows that. :greengrin

CentreLine
08-01-2011, 08:13 PM

We've done all that.

:agree: Well said. Our club is reaching the end of a long process and is now at the stage where we should see steady but significant change and improvement on the field.

The club is following exactly the path predicted and it will not be anything to do with views expressed on this or any other message board that dictates the next stage. The strategy has been clear all along. Training facilities to allow us to the best possible chance to bring on fresh talent; A theatre worthy of a top flight team; And finally a team worthy of all those facilities, all bought, paid for and affordable.

Thanks to the good management we have had we are in a very strong position to move on to that final stage. I believe we will now see a steady increase in investment in the playing side of the club and we should have every expectation of improved performances to match that investment.

Nobody wants to see our club where it is in the table or the rubbish presented on the park today or last week or in fact for many weeks before that. But I feel there is room for people to look at what has been achieved off the field and have a bit of faith in the club management to finish the job.

Over to you CC :flag: Like all the managers before you, you will have significant financial support from the board. I am not convinced that our fans have the same staying power, more's the pitty

reservoir hibee
08-01-2011, 08:16 PM
:agree: Well said. Our club is reaching the end of a long process and is now at the stage where we should see steady but significant change and improvement on the field.

The club is following exactly the path predicted and it will not be anything to do with views expressed on this or any other message board that dictates the next stage. The strategy has been clear all along. Training facilities to allow us to the best possible chance to bring on fresh talent; A theatre worthy of a top flight team; And finally a team worthy of all those facilities, all bought, paid for and affordable.

Thanks to the good management we have had we are in a very strong position to move on to that final stage. I believe we will now see a steady increase in investment in the playing side of the club and we should have every expectation of improved performances to match that investment.

Nobody wants to see our club where it is in the table or the rubbish presented on the park today or last week or in fact for many weeks before that. But I feel there is room for people to look at what has been achieved off the field and have a bit of faith in the club management to finish the job.

Over to you CC :flag:

no pressure then???

this makes this season ANOTHER pivotal season!!

reservoir hibee
09-01-2011, 05:03 AM
I didn't say he was a Jambo, I merely said he had been hiding his light under a bushel for a while.

same could be said for me:greengrin

HibsMax
10-01-2011, 04:22 PM

Over to you CC :flag: Like all the managers before you, you will have significant financial support from the board. I am not convinced that our fans have the same staying power, more's the pitty
Of course, if the board does NOT invest in the team then I will be joining the ranks of the "Enough is Enough" brigade. The patience of the fans will only last so long. There are already many who cannot, or will not, appreciate the value of the non-player investments the club have made over the past few years but I think that's silly. It doesn't show lack of ambition. Quite the contrary. By expanding and improving the infrastructure we are building for the future.

Either that or Hibs are positioning themselves as an attractive acquisition......

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Of course, if the board does NOT invest in the team then I will be joining the ranks of the "Enough is Enough" brigade. The patience of the fans will only last so long. There are already many who cannot, or will not, appreciate the value of the non-player investments the club have made over the past few years but I think that's silly. It doesn't show lack of ambition. Quite the contrary. By expanding and improving the infrastructure we are building for the future.

Either that or Hibs are positioning themselves as an attractive acquisition......

Is there, genuinely, such a thing in Scottish Football?

Kaiser1962
10-01-2011, 04:41 PM
:top marks

We've done all that.

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Absolutely agree. Trouble is if we end up 12th in May...

Kaiser1962
10-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Is there, genuinely, such a thing in Scottish Football?

Yip. You can dress a pig in sexy lingerie but at the end of the day, its still a pig:greengrin

Albion Hibs
10-01-2011, 06:07 PM
We aren't paying low wages.

We're currently paying the 4th highest wages in the league.

Which makes matters even worse IMO.

Teams like St Johnstone, Kilmarnock & Inverness are only paying fractions compared to what we are paying out.

Yet, they have consistantly out played us over the course of the season so far.

Fact of the matter is.... they have players on far less wages, that are far better players than our own.

Do the club publish information on what we pay as a player wage budget per year?

Removed
10-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Do the club publish information on what we pay as a player wage budget per year?

Don't know, but the 4th highest quote has been said enough so it's the truth now :rolleyes: Does anyone actually know apart from the financial guys?

greenlex
10-01-2011, 07:04 PM

Don't know, but the 4th highest quote has been said enough so it's the truth now :rolleyes: Does anyone actually know apart from the financial guys?
I think the 4th highest highest budget is for all the club and the playing budget is obviously included in that. Whether the playing budget is 4th highest is open for debate but it wont be far off.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I think the 4th highest highest budget is for all the club and the playing budget is obviously included in that. Whether the playing budget is 4th highest is open for debate but it wont be far off.

:agree: Its certainly competitive with most, and imo is down to each and individual manager how well they spend it.

bathhibby
10-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Can we clarify one point

Yams are in Debt to the Tune of ??? Well let's say the same as the Huns.

Do we really want to be in that position ?

CentreLine
10-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Firstly there is absolutely no value to an honest businessmand buying a football club other than satisfying a desire to put something back in to a community or to satisfy certain tugs on the heartstrings. As for Hibernian Football Club in its present state nobody could suggest that, as an attractive acquisition, it would be anything other than as a football club.

Now if a businessman wanted a football club to look like an tractive acquisition for asset strip he would do nothing to the stadium whatsoever so as to make it easier to clear the ground for development. He would certainly not burden the business with any other football related facilities such as a quality training facility in a greenfield site. What use would that be to a buyer? So good business for someone, honest or otherwise, wanting to make money would be to leave the stadium as it was and to lease a training facility. I can't see that happening anywhere in Scottish Football though

sunshine1875
10-01-2011, 07:49 PM

I bet you're the type of guy that still believes in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

I really do want to believe all that you write. My only remaining hope for this season is that we stay up and are able to introduce a better standard of player up to the end of the season that will give me hope for next season, whether that be some of the younger players or by a couple of new signings. Hopefully, we can then establish better quality next season.

A slow but sustained growth looks like our only option at this stage, so I suppose I am agreeing with all you say. FWIW, I did ask Santa for a derby win on the 1st, but he was not listening.:grr:

Albion Hibs
10-01-2011, 07:49 PM

I might not be far off, but I would think our management structure is heavier (or appears to be) plus I would think we have additional staffing costs for having things like the training centre and match day hospitality so I would think we are probably below 4th, albeit I am no accountant!

Cropley10
10-01-2011, 07:50 PM

The wages:turnover ratio includes ALL salaries and wages, for all Hibernian staff.

I don't believe we - nor anyone else - splits out the players' wages from that figure. Why should we/they :dunno:

CentreLine
10-01-2011, 08:00 PM
:greengrin
I bet you're the type of guy that still believes in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

I really do want to believe all that you write. My only remaining hope for this season is that we stay up and are able to introduce a better standard of player up to the end of the season that will give me hope for next season, whether that be some of the younger players or by a couple of new signings. Hopefully, we can then establish better quality next season.

A slow but sustained growth looks like our only option at this stage, so I suppose I am agreeing with all you say. FWIW, I did ask Santa for a derby win on the 1st, but he was not listening.:grr:

--------
10-01-2011, 08:14 PM

We've done all that.

This season may indeed be a wash, Max. The problem I see is that as of now NEXT season may be a season when we off on another 'adventure' in the First Division, but this time without the resources or know-how to make as decent a job of it as McLeish's men did.

I appreciate the fact that we now have the training ground, the new stadium, the balanced books all in black ink. But four managers in 6 years and a distinct sensation of diminishing returns and falling standards have a lot of people, including myself, very nervous.

The board may well understand pounds and pennies, steel and concrete. I wish I could be confident they understood the game of football.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 09:30 PM
This season may indeed be a wash, Max. The problem I see is that as of now NEXT season may be a season when we off on another 'adventure' in the First Division, but this time without the resources or know-how to make as decent a job of it as McLeish's men did.

I appreciate the fact that we now have the training ground, the new stadium, the balanced books all in black ink. But four managers in 6 years and a distinct sensation of diminishing returns and falling standards have a lot of people, including myself, very nervous.

The board may well understand pounds and pennies, steel and concrete. I wish I could be confident they understood the game of football.

All the more reason to stay calm and not panic. If we want this manager to succeed, we need to get behind him, trust him in what he's doing. And stop all this snipping behind his back, and support the team. Whats gone on in the past, is just that in the past. The stands built, stop moaning about it, should we just demolish the bloody thing?

We are in a fight, a relegation fight, who's up for it?

ronaldo7
10-01-2011, 09:41 PM
:take that

Bring them on:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 09:43 PM
:take that

Bring them on:greengrin

Thats 2 of us pal. :greengrin

ronaldo7
10-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Thats 2 of us pal. :greengrin

And the Slovenian Soldiers will be there:aok:

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 10:25 PM
And the Slovenian Soldiers will be there:aok:

Gonna try and get Neil there too, this time in a jumper that fits. :wink:

Sprouleflyer
10-01-2011, 10:34 PM
All the more reason to stay calm and not panic. If we want this manager to succeed, we need to get behind him, trust him in what he's doing. And stop all this snipping behind his back, and support the team. Whats gone on in the past, is just that in the past. The stands built, stop moaning about it, should we just demolish the bloody thing?

We are in a fight, a relegation fight, who's up for it?

What is CC trying to do? I really would like to know!

The team to me appears worst now than when Yogi was in charge.

I really, really want to get behind CC, but right now my support for him is failing.

HibsMax
10-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Firstly there is absolutely no value to an honest businessmand buying a football club other than satisfying a desire to put something back in to a community or to satisfy certain tugs on the heartstrings. As for Hibernian Football Club in its present state nobody could suggest that, as an attractive acquisition, it would be anything other than as a football club.

Now if a businessman wanted a football club to look like an tractive acquisition for asset strip he would do nothing to the stadium whatsoever so as to make it easier to clear the ground for development. He would certainly not burden the business with any other football related facilities such as a quality training facility in a greenfield site. What use would that be to a buyer? So good business for someone, honest or otherwise, wanting to make money would be to leave the stadium as it was and to lease a training facility. I can't see that happening anywhere in Scottish Football though
I wasn't being serious when I made that suggestion. :wink:

I actually think that the men in charge do have Hibs' best interests at heart, regardless of what many people seem to think.

If the board, or Rod specifically, doesn't want the best for Hibs then what is his motivation? I threw in the "attractive acquisition" as a tongue-in-cheek answer to that question.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2011, 10:48 PM
What is CC trying to do? I really would like to know!

The team to me appears worst now than when Yogi was in charge.

I really, really want to get behind CC, but right now my support for him is failing.

I think he's searching for a team, trying different permutations, plus giving everyone a chance to impress. Personally i think he can keep searching till the cows come home, and he will need to get rid of most of them, but he has to give everyone a fair crack at the whip, just to see if any are good enough?

nortonhibby
10-01-2011, 10:51 PM
i agree with this a bit it seems as though everything off the pitch is done now..i mean what else do we have money to spend on??? we have aclub shop we have a nice shiny new stadium and a training complex that rivals a lot of the english premiership facilities

now surely we can start improving on the pitch but what do we have in the youth ranks?? are we going to be lucky enough to have another golden generation. ireally hope so. but i had hope for lewis stevenson kevin mccan hoggy to a certain extent kurtis byrne hopefully comes good wotherspoon should be a player with the right players around him as well as galbraith...but really who do we have in midfield in the youth ranks??? the well has dried up..is this due to john park leaving maybe?? maybe so but i would like to think that as a capital club we could attract a decent scouting network??? anybody know what our scouting network encompasses?? do we have many links overseas or is it predominantly in scotland/the uk?? does this change with each manager? i would assume that they use there own contacts/knowledge within the game but lets be honest we aint done great with our signings lately (imho)

we ARE in a position where we can improve.. we HAVE to we have everything in place for progression now

lets get some youngsters in with some hunger get some experienced pro's who know the game and have the passion.. i remember before i left the uk to come travelling we occasionally smiled on the pitch and had a laugh the youngsters we had had a bond and a bit of personality and character which is quite important in my opinion!!! what do we have now??? ermm.....seems a bit bland both in terms of what they can do with a football and what they can acheive as a group...no natural leadership.....

lets just hope colin calderwood can start this process if nto it starts with the next manager but IT WILL START.....i wish we could have had the training ground and the stadium we have now when we had mowbray and that bunch of players!!!! just imagine that for a second............ yea exactly!!!

hopefully we can get that at some point

i think we made a mistake getting rid of John Collins.What do you think

BEEJ
10-01-2011, 11:06 PM
You mean 'allowing him to walk'. JC wasn't sacked.

Albion Hibs
10-01-2011, 11:12 PM
The wages:turnover ratio includes ALL salaries and wages, for all Hibernian staff.

I don't believe we - nor anyone else - splits out the players' wages from that figure. Why should we/they :dunno:

I dont think that we should nor anyone else. But is it quite often raised that we have the 4th highest wage bill so in turn we should have the forth best team. I know they are not necessarily linked, but I think realistically we are are nowhere near the forth best paying team in the league.

nortonhibby
10-01-2011, 11:18 PM
You mean 'allowing him to walk'. JC wasn't sacked.

It is not important how he went the fact is he has gone as a pundit he makes a lot of sence he won us the cup and had us going in the right direction left to do his job i feel we would be in a better place than where we are now walked or sacked i do not care the fact is he is no longer in charge perhaps you think the current manager can do better ?

BEEJ
10-01-2011, 11:23 PM
It is not important how he went the fact is he has gone as a pundit he makes a lot of sence he won us the cup and had us going in the right direction left to do his job i feel we would be in a better place than where we are now walked or sacked i do not care the fact is he is no longer in charge perhaps you think the current manager can do better ?
You may wish to search through the archives. The arguments about the advantages and pitfalls of JC's tenure have been done to death on here.

Little value in going over them again. JC left three years ago. Time to move on.

reservoir hibee
10-01-2011, 11:38 PM

all things taken into consideration i would have preffered to have given jc the benefit of the doubt "players revolt" or not we had the famous incident with tommy claig apparently doign the interview while eating an apple or whatever but i woul dhave liked to have seen john collins "backed" in the whole players thign especially if it was over the players being worked too hard for there liking or jc trying to make things more proffesional.

really hard to say but i would have liked to see him given a bit mroe of a crack at it

as previous posters have siad too late now

hibs0666
10-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I think he's searching for a team, trying different permutations, plus giving everyone a chance to impress. Personally i think he can keep searching till the cows come home, and he will need to get rid of most of them, but he has to give everyone a fair crack at the whip, just to see if any are good enough?

Absolutely. Why people think the manager would stick with the same losing team week in week out is just baffling.

Calderwood will get there, no doubt about it.

ekhibee
11-01-2011, 12:51 AM

It's certainly not going to happen at Hibs when the job is only half finished. Any potential businessman interested in buying a club like ours would want to see that the club is successful on the pitch as well as off. No businessman will be interested in a beautiful stadium and excellent training facilities if the main selling point, the team itself, is piss poor and may well be playing in a lower league for some time to come while we wait for the great plan to take shape. I find it hard to believe that would help in the area of corporate hospitality either.The very real possibility of relegation surely points to direct action in the very near future, not waiting another few years until crowds have died away and many loyal and seasoned Hibs fans who have followed the club for years decide that even they can't be bothered any more.

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Can we clarify one point

Yams are in Debt to the Tune of ??? Well let's say the same as the Huns.

Do we really want to be in that position ?

You know what? I asked myself the same question at the end of the Ayr game.I sat back in my seat contented in the knowledge that it was not about feeling entertained, enjoying my afternoon or seeing us win a game it was about a healthy balance sheet. It really brightend my day and made me forget all about the performance on the pitch! BRILLIANT!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Business is about making money. Nothing else. There are other peripherals attached but if the business does not make money it wont be there.

Football clubs who are not some rich man's plaything, have to be run on a sound footing to (barely) survive, those who are neither are teetering on the edge. No-one is going to get wealthy owning a football club.

Its important not to get this confused.

It's certainly not going to happen at Hibs when the job is only half finished. Any potential businessman interested in buying a club like ours would want to see that the club is successful on the pitch as well as off. No businessman will be interested in a beautiful stadium and excellent training facilities if the main selling point, the team itself, is piss poor and may well be playing in a lower league for some time to come while we wait for the great plan to take shape. I find it hard to believe that would help in the area of corporate hospitality either.The very real possibility of relegation surely points to direct action in the very near future, not waiting another few years until crowds have died away and many loyal and seasoned Hibs fans who have followed the club for years decide that even they can't be bothered any more.

nortonhibby
11-01-2011, 07:26 PM
all things taken into consideration i would have preffered to have given jc the benefit of the doubt "players revolt" or not we had the famous incident with tommy claig apparently doign the interview while eating an apple or whatever but i woul dhave liked to have seen john collins "backed" in the whole players thign especially if it was over the players being worked too hard for there liking or jc trying to make things more proffesional.

really hard to say but i would have liked to see him given a bit mroe of a crack at it

as previous posters have siad too late now

Fair point and i guess we have to move on there really are only 2 options open to us we either back CC And DA or go against them.
Whilst some are starting to have doubts we really have to get behind the Management Team and the Players the result at Ibrox without Deek in the Team who has been our most consistent and best player shows that there is a team of Winners at our club.
CC Needs to find that magic formula and quickly as its obvious there is unrest within some of our fans.
I Feel 2 wins back to back like what Aberdeen have done will settle everything down a couple of signings would also help we cant change Manager again who would take the job if we got rid of him after a dozen or so games
Lets back the team and the Manager and give him the time he needs to build a winning team