PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Ayr Player marks

down-the-slope
08-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Ok here goes - we were pretty spineless today. A total lack of leadership on the pitch, and little evidence of a game plan or the guile to break down a 4-5-1 formation. We had plenty possession but did not make enough clear chances from it...those we did we contrived to waste. Also a couple of gifted opportunities that could have seen us out.

I normally support managers to the last but i'm concerned at the lack of progress (Ibrox excepted) from CC and the diagonal long ball game we are playing, which i would excuse in the current circumstances if it were working...but clearly its not...anyway to the marks

Brown - 7 - No much to do, but thankfully he is a safe pair of hands when called on. Better distribution.

Thicot - 6 - Decent enough display and did get forward a few occasions when there was no option in midfield wanting a pass
Dickoh - 6 - Solid for most of it, but almost sold the game with passback otherwise might have been 7 He could have won it when headed past from only 5 yards
Hanlon - 6 - Looks like he and Dickoh could form a decent partnership. Steady game but needs better passing (although blame lack of midfield offering for some of it)
down side is neither CH is the leader that will drive the team forward particularly when under performing.
Grounds - 5 - His passing was weak first half. Better second and when he drives forward his pace and ability to get the ball in the box is decent. Needs to push forward more. Interesting he and Hanlon were swapped with 15 to go...he did well at CH

Zemamma - 4 - Anyone else who gave the ball away as often as he did today would be slated. He had a couple of good plays but is still a long way off the pace and protecting his knee - which is understandable
Miller - 5 - had some good tracking and link up play at times, but mixed with losing possession and being soft in some tackles
Murray - 4 - Is he playing with an injury? How could he be so far off the pace against players 2 divisions below. No forward movement
Galbraith - 5 - Some good runs but not consistent end product. Cose wrong option several times like shooting when squaring to players running into box

Midfield our 4 v their 5 we were appalling first half - better second with McBride at least trying to take the game forward. We need a leader / winner in their pronto

Riorden - 4 - Poor game where he did not work the defenders very much. Couple of flashes like crossfield pass to Zemamma. I'm still in thye camp that thinks we get more when he is played deeper
Duffy - 5 - Worked away but not as much contribution as hoped after derby. His pace made him dangerous but as his midfielders passing was so lacklusture not used enough

Subs

McBride - 6 - Improved the midfield when he came on but unsurprisingly some signs of rustiness
Spoony - 5 - Great run and shot from halfway beating players on the way. We never got the ball out to him often enough.
Trakys - 3 - He could not make it stick or find his teamates..much poorer than he has been

Manager - 2 - Sorry but they are 2 divisions below us and no plan to break them down and little instruction from the side to try and rectify the failings / encourage / kick backsides etc

GreenPJ
08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Too many cameo appearances:

Thicot looked dodgy for the first 15 mins and then seemed to have a good 20 mins and the same in the second half but nothing in between.

Dickoh, is another Bamba, can look good but then ridiculous decision making at times

Galbraith, at times put the foot down and fired in decent crosses and other times looked like a poor man's Tam McManus unable to beat an egg.

Miller, thought he had a busy first half and at least tried to get involved but then got carried away in the second half trying to do too much, poor passing, poor decision making.

Scores were:

Brown - 7 (a goalkeeper who actually focuses for the full 90 mins thankfully)
Thicot - 5.5
Dickoh - 5.5
Hanlon - 7
Grounds - 5.5
Zemmama - 5
Murray - 5
Miller - 5.5
Galbraith 5.5
Duffy - 5 (think he is actually looking tired now, maybe too many games coming straight back from injury)
Riordan - 2 (unless he had the hamstring injury from kick-off in which case he should not have played he did nothing and how he could shout at Galbraith when he sliced terribly from 14 yards out I will never know)

Wotherspoon - 6.5 - why this laddie does not start is beyond me.
Trakys - 4 - won a few free kicks and headers
McBride - 4.5 - I think he is far too slow even when match fit.

Calderwood - 4 - whilst I am happy to give him time and feel sorry for him with his current squad I don't understand why players like McBride are suddenly brought back into the fold from effectively nowhere. He needs to identify his first 11 (don't think he has yet) and he sticks to it.

lucky
08-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Ok here goes - we were pretty spineless today. A total lack of leadership on the pitch, and little evidence of a game plan or the guile to break down a 4-5-1 formation. We had plenty possession but did not make enough clear chances from it...those we did we contrived to waste. Also a couple of gifted opportunities that could have seen us out.

I normally support managers to the last but i'm concerned at the lack of progress (Ibrox excepted) from CC and the diagonal long ball game we are playing, which i would excuse in the current circumstances if it were working...but clearly its not...anyway to the marks

Brown - 7 - No much to do, but thankfully he is a safe pair of hands when called on. Better distribution.

Thicot - 6 - Decent enough display and did get forward a few occasions when there was no option in midfield wanting a pass
Dickoh - 6 - Solid for most of it, but almost sold the game with passback otherwise might have been 7 He could have won it when headed past from only 5 yards
Hanlon - 6 - Looks like he and Dickoh could form a decent partnership. Steady game but needs better passing (although blame lack of midfield offering for some of it)
down side is neither CH is the leader that will drive the team forward particularly when under performing.
Grounds - 5 - His passing was weak first half. Better second and when he drives forward his pace and ability to get the ball in the box is decent. Needs to push forward more. Interesting he and Hanlon were swapped with 15 to go...he did well at CH

Zemamma - 4 - Anyone else who gave the ball away as often as he did today would be slated. He had a couple of good plays but is still a long way off the pace and protecting his knee - which is understandable
Miller - 5 - had some good tracking and link up play at times, but mixed with losing possession and being soft in some tackles
Murray - 4 - Is he playing with an injury? How could he be so far off the pace against players 2 divisions below. No forward movement
Galbraith - 5 - Some good runs but not consistent end product. Cose wrong option several times like shooting when squaring to players running into box

Midfield our 4 v their 5 we were appalling first half - better second with McBride at least trying to take the game forward. We need a leader / winner in their pronto

Riorden - 4 - Poor game where he did not work the defenders very much. Couple of flashes like crossfield pass to Zemamma. I'm still in thye camp that thinks we get more when he is played deeper
Duffy - 5 - Worked away but not as much contribution as hoped after derby. His pace made him dangerous but as his midfielders passing was so lacklusture not used enough

Subs

McBride - 6 - Improved the midfield when he came on but unsurprisingly some signs of rustiness
Spoony - 5 - Great run and shot from halfway beating players on the way. We never got the ball out to him often enough.
Trakys - 3 - He could not make it stick or find his teamates..much poorer than he has been

Manager - 2 - Sorry but they are 2 divisions below us and no plan to break them down and little instruction from the side to try and rectify the failings / encourage / kick backsides etc

100% agree. Now thats a first

Imand
08-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Brown - 7 - At last a keeper who makes the important saves.

Thicot - 6 - Improved as the game went on.
Dikoh - 7 - Strolled through the game, apart from one hairy moment that nearly cost a goal.
Hanlon - 7 - Maturing into the position.
Grounds - 5 - Only turned up for bits of the second half.

Zemmama - 5 - All effort but looks like a player thats been out for a while!
Miller - 5 - Tried but was not given enough support.
Murray - 4 - Totally off the pace.
Galbraith 5 - All effort not enough end product.

Riorden - 2 - Stood about offside all game, complaining.
Duffy - 6 - Good effort, actually looked interested in winning.

Subs.

McBride - 5 - Put himself about like he actually cared about winning the match.
Spoony - 5 - See above.
Trakys - 4 - Tried but nothing seemed to work.

Calderwood - 3 - Needs to clear out the dead wood, Took off the only striker actyually trying and left the passenger with the armband. Poor decissions IMHO.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Brown- 7

Thicot- 6
Hanlon- 7
Dickoh- 6
Grounds- 5

Galbraith- 6
Miller- 5
Murray- 4
Zemmama- 4

Duffy- 5
Riordan- 2

McBride- 5
Trakys- 3
Wotherspoon- 4

hibees59
08-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Are these marks out of 10 or 100? No-one gets pass marks in my book.

crash
08-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Brown - 6

Thicot - 4
Dickoh - 4
Hanlon - 5
Grounds - 4

Murray - 2
Miller - 3
Zemamma - 4
Galbraith - 5

Riordan - 4
Duffy - 2

subs
Mcbride - 4
Wotherspoon - 4
Trakys -2

Calderwood - Its a shambles - 1

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Brown (for his save at the end) and Wotherspoon are the only players in that side that get pass marks from me. Galbraith was ok as well but his end product was non-existent.

The rest can bog off.

IberianHibernian
08-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Bad though not really surprising result - we just lack that quality to make difference of leagues show . Looking for positives - great save by Brown at the end ( he looks like the best goalie we`ve had for a while ) , thought Thicot had another good game ( maybe should be played in midfield where we lack drive ) and match practice should benefit Zemmama and Duffy . After that result , hard to give anyone over 5 out of 10 . Like everyone else not impressed by squad but not convinced we`ll see any signings that`ll make a big difference till summer at least . Whole team lack confidence 8 a couple of wins would transform team completely and it`s interesting that in league we`re getting bad results but not being outclassed by anyone ) and none look like they`re happy to be playing - signing a couple of experienced players till end of season even if on high wages probably better than signing promising young players .

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Miller is a complete imposter, bottles out of challenges and passes the buck all too often.....Galbraith and Riordan also bottled out of challenges Today, piss poor all round

Spike Mandela
08-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Disappointing marks for Zemamma and Duffy considering high expectations of these two.

Hibs badly in need of some player(s) who make an instant impact on the team be it youngsters, injured returnees or new signings.

silverhibee
08-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Brown - 7 - At last a keeper who makes the important saves.

Thicot - 6 - Improved as the game went on.
Dikoh - 7 - Strolled through the game, apart from one hairy moment that nearly cost a goal.
Hanlon - 7 - Maturing into the position.
Grounds - 5 - Only turned up for bits of the second half.

Zemmama - 5 - All effort but looks like a player thats been out for a while!
Miller - 5 - Tried but was not given enough support.
Murray - 4 - Totally off the pace.
Galbraith 5 - All effort not enough end product.

Riorden - 2 - Stood about offside all game, complaining.
Duffy - 6 - Good effort, actually looked interested in winning.

Subs.

McBride - 5 - Put himself about like he actually cared about winning the match.
Spoony - 5 - See above.
Trakys - 4 - Tried but nothing seemed to work.

Calderwood - 3 - Needs to clear out the dead wood, Took off the only striker actyually trying and left the passenger with the armband. Poor decissions IMHO.

Was he offside when he scored today.?

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Was he offside when he scored today.?

Apparently so, as the goal was chalked off....?

silverhibee
08-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Apparently so, as the goal was chalked off....?

The linesman got it wrong. onside.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 09:40 PM

Could not see as I am at other end..... Disappointing then.......

Imand
08-01-2011, 11:00 PM

Sorry looked offside from where i was (half way line).

hibees707070
08-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Brown (for his save at the end) and Wotherspoon are the only players in that side that get pass marks from me. Galbraith was ok as well but his end product was non-existent.

The rest can bog off.

Galbraith's final ball was excellent today the problem was nobody was looking for it in the middle. Almost every cross was played into a dangerous position not much else he can do!

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 11:19 PM

Just seen it on Sportscene. The angle of their camera wasn't great but it looked as if Riordan was just offside.

Anyone else thinking the same?

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=GreenPJ;2682820]Too many cameo appearances:

Scores were:

Thicot - 5.5
Dickoh - 5.5
Hanlon - 7
Grounds - 5.5
Zemmama - 5
Murray - 5
Miller - 5.5
Galbraith 5.5
Duffy - 5 (think he is actually looking tired now, maybe too many games coming straight back from injury)
Riordan - 2 (unless he had the hamstring injury from kick-off in which case he should not have played he did nothing and how he could shout at Galbraith when he sliced terribly from 14 yards out I will never know)

QUOTE]

Agree with pretty much all of the above. Would have Wotherspoon as a 3, he was only on for 10 or so mins, got himself into a few good positions, but as is all to common failed to deliver. I thought when McBride came on Ayr came into the game much more, creating a few chances straight away, so would be dropping him to a 3.5.

All in all I am pretty disappointed, the game was a hidding to nothing, win and it is expected of us, lose it is a disaster and draw we will chuck out a load of boos and one or two muppets will do the usual scarf onto the pitch stuff.

silverhibee
08-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Just seen it on Sportscene. The angle of their camera wasn't great but it looked as if Riordan was just offside.

Anyone else thinking the same?

I think he was just onside and so did CC after watching the highlights after the game.

truehibernian
08-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I think he was just onside and so did CC after watching the highlights after the game.

Are you basing that against the player just out of picture and not the one on Derek's shoulder though SH ?

I think he was marginally off......just a shade, and against the Ayr full back, not the centre half.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 11:43 PM

It was close, I'll certainly say that, and a better camera angle would have been more conclusive. :agree:

silverhibee
09-01-2011, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=GreenPJ;2682820]Too many cameo appearances:

Scores were:

Thicot - 5.5
Dickoh - 5.5
Hanlon - 7
Grounds - 5.5
Zemmama - 5
Murray - 5
Miller - 5.5
Galbraith 5.5

QUOTE]

Agree with pretty much all of the above. Would have Wotherspoon as a 3, he was only on for 10 or so mins, got himself into a few good positions, but as is all to common failed to deliver. I thought when McBride came on Ayr came into the game much more, creating a few chances straight away, so would be dropping him to a 3.5.

All in all I am pretty disappointed, the game was a hidding to nothing, win and it is expected of us, lose it is a disaster and draw we will chuck out a load of boos and one or two muppets will do the usual scarf onto the pitch stuff.

If you were watching the game you would have seen him go in for a challenge with there goalkeeper in the first 10-15 mins, he felt he had tweaked his groin but played on but struggled for the rest of the game with the niggly injury, his chance at the last ten minutes where he made the goalkeeper make a save was costly for him as it looked like he had pulled his groin and could hardly walk, hopefully he will be fit for the Ayr away game, if he is out for a couple of weeks with injury where do you see where the goals will come from, unless CC brings in a striker, but cant see that happening imo, so it looks like wee may have to rely on Nish or Trakys, who as far as i see at games and i am at all off them aren't exactly on fire in the goal scoring department, dont know how long a player is out with a groin injury, anyone know.
And you gave Murray a five, hooked at half time for being crap, not injured either, just admit it Nid is struggling to keep up with the pace of the game and deserved to be hooked, yes he is good at putting in a tackle but it normally results from his control and has to make the challenge as he keeps losing the ball, and his passing when he has the ball is poor.
I am sure you will be hoping for a speedy recovery for Deek. :agree:

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2683436]

If you were watching the game you would have seen him go in for a challenge with there goalkeeper in the first 10-15 mins, he felt he had tweaked his groin but played on but struggled for the rest of the game with the niggly injury, his chance at the last ten minutes where he made the goalkeeper make a save was costly for him as it looked like he had pulled his groin and could hardly walk, hopefully he will be fit for the Ayr away game, if he is out for a couple of weeks with injury where do you see where the goals will come from, unless CC brings in a striker, but cant see that happening imo, so it looks like wee may have to rely on Nish or Trakys, who as far as i see at games and i am at all off them aren't exactly on fire in the goal scoring department, dont know how long a player is out with a groin injury, anyone know.
And you gave Murray a five, hooked at half time for being crap, not injured either, just admit it Nid is struggling to keep up with the pace of the game and deserved to be hooked, yes he is good at putting in a tackle but it normally results from his control and has to make the challenge as he keeps losing the ball, and his passing when he has the ball is poor.

You will find that the above is someone elses marks and comments, I just happend to agree with the comments.

With regards to where the goals will come from if he is not there, I would suggest, one or more of the 10 outfield players - perhaps a little like when we beat rangers 3 nil and he was not playing. Managed okay then, maybe we can do it again.

Again I would refer you to the fact that not my comments, but generally I agreed with them.

I dont think Murray was crap, but if you did fine thats your choice. I asked someone else the question of, do you think we looked a good defensively in the second half?

Greenheart
09-01-2011, 12:25 AM
O for every Hibs outfield player 10 for Brown he kept us in it. The reason a 0-0 against a 2nd division team is way below expectations. 10 for every Ayr Utd player knew the plan kept to it and got the result they wanted - us back to Somerset Park. I expect a humping just like Ross County did to us.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM

SH your defence of DR at every opportunity is admirable, but how often is he picking up knocks..... Every time he has a poor game you say he picked up a knock.... At this moment in time DR looks unfit, as do a number of our other players..... Makes you wonder what goes on at East Mains, and how much their private lives is impinging on their fitness levels......

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I still struggle to believe the amount of people backing miller that watched yesterday's game.
He is a disgrace, he doesn't offer anything at all. He doesn't try hard, doesn't create anything for anyone and can't score goals!
The phrase 'he can pick a pass' is the most overused phrase banded about. He can't.
I would be over the moon if the yams took him!
He he couldn't get to grips with a part time midfield who had not played in weeks is beyond me, he needs to realise he is being paid to do a job and is falling countries away from his requirements.
He is not the only one vastly underperforming. I just don't understand how people can even produce a 5/10 for him! More like -5/10.

Hibstrooper
09-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Don't know how anyone can give Duffy a higher mark that Riordan. Deeks hit the bar, had a goal chopped off, worked the keeper a couple of times and played an absolutely cracking cross field ball in the second half to Thicot.

Duffy contributed zero to the game. All he seemed to do was give the ball away - he knew it himself - you could see he was fuming when he sat down on the bench, could only have been with himself.

Had and still do have high hopes for Duffy however yesterday he looked like a player that couldn't get a game for Bristol Rovers.

We are in desparate need of a poacher - as pointed out earlier Galbraith put some great balls into the box, right along the goal line however we are lucky if we have two players in the box who would be stood still waiting for the perfect pass direct to feet!

GreenPJ
09-01-2011, 11:57 AM

I was watching the game. I saw our first two deliveries into the box (corner and free kick) delivered within the first 10 mins that did not beat the first man. I saw someone who never made an attempt to go for a ball that Miller played out right from Miller that my 80 year old aunt would have got with a little bit of effort. I saw someone slice horribly from 14 yards out and proceeded to moan at one of the young guys for his own failings. I saw Trakys who is not very good win more free kicks purely by getting in front of the CH.

I do hope Derek is not injured for long but I also realise that Derek is not devoid of criticism. Where the goals will come from I agree fully that we will struggle but we are doing that now and we did score 3 in a game and did not concede without him earlier this season.

Sammy7nil
09-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Brown- 7

Thicot- 5 Okay, but cannot peform for 90 lacks concentration
Hanlon- 6 Nothing to do, when he did have he was not totally in control
Dickoh- 4 Shocking defending with "that" pass back.
Grounds- 4 Not Good enough

Galbraith- 6 only outfield player with pass marks. Final ball not good enough.
Miller- 4 Imposter
Murray- 4 Looks to have lost it
Zemmama- 4 Needed the game hopefully will get better in a few weeks.

Duffy- 5 Average
Riordan- 2 Poor

McBride- 5 Did better than most and looked like he was trying
Trakys- 2 Very poor
Wotherspoon- 5 Not enough time but showed more than most

OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE 4