PDA

View Full Version : the no1 club in Scotland who need to invest this transfer window are...

Springbank
08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Hibernian. I can't think of anyone else.

Tony Mowbray's "Upward Spiral" is in freefall reverse.

No investment = a gate receipt today of £100k less than the same stage during Mogga's reign, where "House Full" signs were being dusted down.

Speculate to, erm, accumulate.

It's one thing appointing a manager in between windows.
We can all accept he can't change much in that time.
But to be into week 2 of the short window, no signings, it is time now for CC to show bottle.

Or - just perhaps - he feels he is untouchable with his cushty long contract. If that is how he feels, then we really are going down this season, and today's crowd will not be the lowest we see at ER this season.

On the other hand, we could ask the board to invest, and light the place up again with some imagination........

HFC_0762
08-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Hibernian. I can't think of anyone else.

Tony Mowbray's "Upward Spiral" is in freefall reverse.

No investment = a gate receipt today of £100k less than the same stage during Mogga's reign, where "House Full" signs were being dusted down.

It's one thing appointing a manager in between windows.
We can all accept he can't change much in that time.
But to be into week 2 of the short window, no signings, it is time now for CC to show bottle.

Or - just perhaps - he feels he is untouchable with his cushty long contract. If that is how he feels, then we really are going down this season, and today's crowd will not be the lowest we see at ER this season.

On the other hand, we could ask the board to invest, and light the place up again with some imagination........ mr petrie must show bottle and back the manager give him funds , a stand doesnt win you points PLAYERS DO get players rodney , petrie gave calderwood the contract calderwood didnt give himself the contract , mr petrie gives us funds to perform on the pitch not a fancy stand that is empty blame the right people , calderwood might not be great appointment but who appointed him ? mr petrie

Jim44
08-01-2011, 06:26 PM

No dirty words on this board please!!!! :greengrin How a so-called 'businessman' can do business without a calculated investment risk is beyond me.

BoltonHibee
08-01-2011, 06:42 PM
But he is not a businessman, he is an accountant.

Never let an accountant run a business!

hibee-shtuggie
08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
mr petrie must show bottle and back the manager give him funds , a stand doesnt win you points PLAYERS DO get players rodney , petrie gave calderwood the contract calderwood didnt give himself the contract , mr petrie gives us funds to perform on the pitch not a fancy stand that is empty blame the right people , calderwood might not be great appointment but who appointed him ? mr petrie

i had to read this five times to make any sense of it. who is rodney? i think i get the general point of your post though. the stand was built as the planning permission was running out. I don't think we can blame mr Petrie for that decision as it is a cracking stadium that has made the hearts fans extremely jealous. However, yes, he really does need to show his hand and back the manager with funds for the on-park-product.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 07:36 PM

:agree:

And IIRC I read on here we have 3 of them! Totalty unnecessary!

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Other breaking news.....bears look at improving forest defecation facilities....Pope blames Vatican debt on Catholics........trolls continue to live under bridges.......more follows........

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Speculation, personal opinion and some buzz phrases, this is like reading the daily record these days.

Aye, without the humour. :rolleyes:

reservoir hibee
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Other breaking news.....bears look at improving forest defecation facilities....Pope blames Vatican debt on Catholics........trolls continue to live under bridges.......more follows........

:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 08:04 PM
:greengrin

Awight RH, hope things are going well in Australia, it's been quiet without you. They've even organised "official" singing sections to try and compensate. :greengrin

reservoir hibee
08-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Awight RH, hope things are going well in Australia, it's been quiet without you. They've even organised "official" singing sections to try and compensate. :greengrin

im in NZ now mate 2 years in oz and unfortunately could not get sponsored or married to stay so i have got a year here with possible extension by another year see how that goes (i have a radio show over here too..yea im an international dj now!!! :agree::greengrin:thumbsup:)

have heard about this singing section!!! is that no just the east or has it been crap since it changed (still can't believe i missed the last game at the old stand and the first at the new that makes me sad!!!!!! used to be the whole place would be on it!!! sounds dire but i am looking forward to my first game back im sure you will hear me that day!! was really excited about that new stand and optimistic about this season but as you can see on the other thread about a nice shiny new stand...even from here i have my reservations but trying to remain positive....maybe its because i gave away all my hibs stuff...we now have few more hibees in the world as i made a few watch games at different places

estonian
ozzies
argentinian
french
belgian

gave all my hibs tops away now! :-(

Iain G
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
:devil::devil:
im in NZ now mate 2 years in oz and unfortunately could not get sponsored or married to stay so i have got a year here with possible extension by another year see how that goes (i have a radio show over here too..yea im an international dj now!!! :agree::greengrin:thumbsup:)

have heard about this singing section!!! is that no just the east or has it been crap since it changed (still can't believe i missed the last game at the old stand and the first at the new that makes me sad!!!!!! used to be the whole place would be on it!!! sounds dire but i am looking forward to my first game back im sure you will hear me that day!! was really excited about that new stand and optimistic about this season but as you can see on the other thread about a nice shiny new stand...even from here i have my reservations but trying to remain positive....maybe its because i gave away all my hibs stuff...we now have few more hibees in the world as i made a few watch games at different places

estonian
ozzies
argentinian
french
belgian

gave all my hibs tops away now! :-(

Hope you are enjoying NZ so far RH, glad you escaped safe and unharmed from that convict colony :wink:

Maybe it's just me, but the longer you spend away from home, the less important the Hibs become and also the more downright depressing and frankly seriously irritating all the doom and gloom posts on here become :wink: :devil:

reservoir hibee
08-01-2011, 10:10 PM
:devil::devil:

Hope you are enjoying NZ so far RH, glad you escaped safe and unharmed from that convict colony :wink:

Maybe it's just me, but the longer you spend away from home, the less important the Hibs become and also the more downright depressing and frankly seriously irritating all the doom and gloom posts on here become :wink: :devil:

oz was pretty full on at times but yea i did two years there to the day!! pleased with that and vewy pwoud!!!!

hibs are still important to me (i do have a tatoo)

but im not sure if they are as important but only due to the lack of coverage over here!! i generally check teh web most days to check what is going on and planned to come back for colin calderwoods first derby at easter road as it coincided with my 30th GLAD I DIDNT as it would have been a major downer but would have caught up with so many people!! i have been away since september '08 without coming home and im waiting till we reach teh scottish cup final

somebody better get me a ticket!!!:wink:

but yea i still care passionatley and have spread the word and continue to do so!! just rellay need more hibs stuff to share and swap with people

i gave away a pair of hibs shorts and received a classic argentina top that a mates dad wore to maradonna's last international game in usa'94!!!!!!!

also got a germany strip and a perth glory strip

need more hibs tops...might get someone to send some over

Iain G
09-01-2011, 03:23 AM
oz was pretty full on at times but yea i did two years there to the day!! pleased with that and vewy pwoud!!!!

hibs are still important to me (i do have a tatoo)

but im not sure if they are as important but only due to the lack of coverage over here!! i generally check teh web most days to check what is going on and planned to come back for colin calderwoods first derby at easter road as it coincided with my 30th GLAD I DIDNT as it would have been a major downer but would have caught up with so many people!! i have been away since september '08 without coming home and im waiting till we reach teh scottish cup final

somebody better get me a ticket!!!:wink:

but yea i still care passionatley and have spread the word and continue to do so!! just rellay need more hibs stuff to share and swap with people

i gave away a pair of hibs shorts and received a classic argentina top that a mates dad wore to maradonna's last international game in usa'94!!!!!!!

also got a germany strip and a perth glory strip

need more hibs tops...might get someone to send some over

You'll be lucky to get 50c for that Perth Top in NZ, have you made it to see the Phoenix yet?? :greengrin

reservoir hibee
09-01-2011, 03:31 AM
You'll be lucky to get 50c for that Perth Top in NZ, have you made it to see the Phoenix yet?? :greengrin

no way im doing anythign but keeping the perth top mate!!! was staying in an awesome $3.5 million pad had a bbq with loads of mates before the game and a few beers swimming in my pool wore shorts my strip and thongs (jandals :greengrin) to the game stood at teh game with my beer in my hand and got soaked in beer from a plastic cup 3 minutes into a 3-0 win for the perth glory

first and only football game i haev paid to get into since august '08

keep forgetting that wellington play in the same league as the oz teams but steve-o from here is allegedly a bit of a fan according to his facebook updates

will probably go to a game if i ever get down that way although not sure i can support 2 teams in the same league even if they are in different countries :confused::confused::greengrin

Springbank
09-01-2011, 08:46 AM

True enough.

All the more frustrating as the uglies are there for the taking this season and next. But we may not even be in the same division to take advantage!

Apologies for the lack of redtop humour in this post, I wasn't aware of that rule

TornadoHibby
09-01-2011, 10:48 AM

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

steakbake
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
A jambo might be jealous of our stadium but i'm jealous of their league position. Hibs are a study of vanity at times, with our state of the art training facilities and 20k capacity stadium. It's just a shame we've got a sheidt team full of wage theives and imposters.