PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller

LamontHFC©
08-01-2011, 05:52 PM
An utter disgrace. One of the most pathetic excuses of a player. Has all the talent, but no fight, no commitment, no passion, can't win a header, or a tackle for that matter. He is absolutely pathetic.
One of the most frustrating Hibs players I've ever has the misfortune of watching.

That is all.

GreenPJ
08-01-2011, 05:56 PM
An utter disgrace. One of the most pathetic excuses of a player. Has all the talent, but no fight, no commitment, no passion, can't win a header, or a tackle for that matter. He is absolutely pathetic.
One of the most frustrating Hibs players I've ever has the misfortune of watching.

That is all.

I thought he actually had a decent first half and then got caught up in the second half and tried to do things on his own, kept losing the ball and then his passing went. Sadly he was not the worst of the "star" players on the park. :rolleyes:

loanheadhibby
08-01-2011, 06:20 PM
If the ****bo's want him I am free to drive him to gorgie tonight?

There is a reason a boy with that ability is with hibs in 1st place, BOTTLER.

allezsauzee
08-01-2011, 06:34 PM
And the award for most predictable thread is.......

Miller was one of those who didn't hide today, he didn't play that well but the lack of movement by his team mates when he's looking to pass was woeful.

SloopJB
08-01-2011, 06:35 PM
A totally over the top reatcion but what I've come to expect.
Miller had a few bad touches during the game sure but but to say pathetic and an utter disgrace is carrying it too far.

Ayr had a couple of chances to score but never did I think that a goal was coming for them.
We played but never looked like scoring, they defended in numbers and never put us under pressure.

Zemmama has still to get his touch back too but there were more disgraces in the stand than on the pitch.

I think some must spend money to go there, get angry and shout abuse. daft day out that. of those shouting abuse beside me, none made any reference to good moves.

Golden Bear
08-01-2011, 06:37 PM
What is likely to be said about Miller has probably all been said before but in my book the guy is not a winner and it's winners we need right now.

lucky
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM

That is all.

Were you actually at the game? He is one the few players who can actually pass ato another Hibs player. If your looking for players who did not perform today look at Murray and Deeks

DaveF
08-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Can't agree with the OP at all.

Yes, Miller did have a few loose touches, but show me a Hibs player today who didn't!

I thought Miller harried and chased the ball pretty well and while he's not doing enough in terms of creating chances, he needs the others around him to help in doing that.

He certainly wasn't the worst performer out there today.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2011, 06:42 PM
And the award for most predictable thread is.......

Miller was one of those who didn't hide today, he didn't play that well but the lack of movement by his team mates when he's looking to pass was woeful.

:agree: He was probably one of the few who tried to make something happen today.

It probably didn't help that Derek Riordan appeared to be doing a pretty passable impersonation of a statue up front. Absolutely nothing for Miller to pick out. No wonder Duffy was raging when he got hooked and Riordan stayed on, Duffy was poor but at least he looked interested.

GreenPJ
08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
:agree: He was probably one of the few who tried to make something happen today.

It probably didn't help that Derek Riordan appeared to be doing a pretty passable impersonation of a statue up front. Absolutely nothing for Miller to pick out. No wonder Duffy was raging when he got hooked and Riordan stayed on, Duffy was poor but at least he looked interested.

:agree:

Gatecrasher
08-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Were you actually at the game? He is one the few players who can actually pass ato another Hibs player. If your looking for players who did not perform today look at Murray and Deeks

im sorry but the bit in bold is a load of pish, he hardly passed to a green shirt all afternoon.

lucky
08-01-2011, 06:49 PM
im sorry but the bit in bold is a load of pish, he hardly passed to a green shirt all afternoon.

No need to be sorry when you are wrong :greengrin but Liam Miller did try today and was better than most. Over all we were gash.

truehibernian
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Liam's performance dipped to a simply unacceptable level after a period in the second half when 3 times he failed in quick succession to find a Hibs player.

After that, his body language and effort diminished to an unprofessional level in my opinion and if CC had not used his subs he would have been instantly hooked. Totally baffling from a player of his level and experience, but shows the real lack of desire and confidence in the side.

Very very unprofessional though, as was Derek for spending 2 minutes arguing with a fan in the FF rather than face play and get stuck in. He also looked unfit, and then picked up an injury too. Stay off the booze Derek or your body will find you out son.....it's beginning to IMO.

Stantons Angel
08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Everything to be said about Miller has previously been said on another post last month. He has got talent but does NOT show it when in a Hibs jersey. His passing DOES go astray 99% of the time, be it whether or not he has anyone creating space around him. Today he was a sheer disgrace for someone I know has so much talent. He continually gave the ball away as he has done ALL season. In other games this season this has caused goals against us.

Like most of you i dont like picking on one player and there were many more just as bad today. He does not help his cause with his lack of commitment in the tackle.

We needed players like him with his undoubted talent just to provide that telling pass to unlock that defence and provide a goal.

No one says it is going to be easy but we need to see a lot more commitment from the players, a bit steel in their attitude and a bit pride in their jerseys.

This is the HIBS they are playing for and they should be proud to do so!!!:wink:

Gatecrasher
08-01-2011, 06:55 PM
No need to be sorry when you are wrong :greengrin but Liam Miller did try today and was better than most. Over all we were gash.

im not though :cool2:

he may have tried but wasn't good enough.

in the first half the ball was played through to him just inside the 18 yard box and his attempt to control the ball looked very half hearted.

countless times in the 2nd half he passed to an Ayr Utd player at 1 point 3 times in under a minute.

I understand why folk got on his back today.

He wasnt the worst would stick my neck out and say zouma was, he was as well not being on the park at all.

Imand
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM

100% Spot on. :thumbsup:

lucky
08-01-2011, 07:01 PM
im not though :cool2:

he may have tried but wasn't good enough.

in the first half the ball was played through to him just inside the 18 yard box and his attempt to control the ball looked very half hearted.

countless times in the 2nd half he passed to an Ayr Utd player at 1 point 3 times in under a minute.

I understand why folk got on his back today.

He wasnt the worst would stick my neck out and say zouma was, he was as well not being on the park at all.

This could end up like the panto--Oh yes you are-- but do agree that Zouma was terrible but Ian Murray was trapping the ball further than Brown can kick it !! As for Riordan he was awful did not move or show for the ball. But he does carry a goal threat.

Devine
08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I couldnt give 2 hoots if people say tackling and getting stuck in is not is game. There are comes a time for every player in every team to roll up their sleeves get stuck in and put your heart on te line for the team.

This spineless imposter pulled out of countless challenges and that allied with his shocking passing display renders him useless. If hes not willing to dig in for the team in games like today OR make up for it with a proper performance when we have the ball then get him to f*** im fed up of the defence of a guy whos pulled about 3 decent performances out of his arse in the last 18 months and lives off a reputation of past glories/failuires. Totally useless

ancient hibee
08-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Ithas now reached the stage that the defence appear reluctant to give Miller the ball anywhere near our penalty area because they can't rely on him not to lose it and he constantly plays it back to them putting them under pressure.

truehibernian
08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Ithas now reached the stage that the defence appear reluctant to give Miller the ball anywhere near our penalty area because they can't rely on him not to lose it and he constantly plays it back to them putting them under pressure.

100% correct, but that's the problem with the team at present. They all play with their backs to the opposition and not on the front foot.

Time and time again a pass goes to Miller, Murray, McBride and their backs are to the opposition, so they either turn into trouble, or it goes slowly side to side.

The team lacks balance and width in the midfield, and players who can zip it forward at pace a la Bauben and Gomis at Utd. It's so slow and ponderous which like you say means we play ourselves into trouble.

We are also the poorest in the league by far at keeping possession from throw-in's and set pieces. That is a training ground matter which isn't being addressed (or seen on pro-zone)

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Everything to be said about Miller has previously been said on another post last month. He has got talent but does NOT show it when in a Hibs jersey. His passing DOES go astray 99% of the time, be it whether or not he has anyone creating space around him. Today he was a sheer disgrace for someone I know has so much talent. He continually gave the ball away as he has done ALL season. In other games this season this has caused goals against us.

Like most of you i dont like picking on one player and there were many more just as bad today. He does not help his cause with his lack of commitment in the tackle.

We needed players like him with his undoubted talent just to provide that telling pass to unlock that defence and provide a goal.

No one says it is going to be easy but we need to see a lot more commitment from the players, a bit steel in their attitude and a bit pride in their jerseys.

This is the HIBS they are playing for and they should be proud to do so!!!:wink:

Spot on, Miller bottles out of so many challenges, why are the players not proud to pull on a Hibs jersey, the attitude of every one of them is a disgrace IMO

khib70
08-01-2011, 08:18 PM

That is all.
:taxi
Total bollox and typical of some of the dross posted recently. The guy is the only thing resembling a footballer we have, and his options are constantly limited by the dross around him (that's the "fighters" and the "grafters" mainly).

The untouchables like Riordan and Murray were absolutely abominable today, but seem to be getting off with it here. Murray because he has "committment" and Riordan because he's Riordan.

Murray has no pace or discernible ability and is suspension fodder. Riordan's attitude sucks and if he thinks he's too good for this club, the door is well signposted.

Yet some people want to unload genuine talent for plug-away grafters who go flying into challenges to impress the fans. No wonder we're deep in the proverbial.

TornadoHibby
08-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Miller had a few bad touches during the game sure but but to say pathetic and an utter disgrace is carrying it too far.

Ayr had a couple of chances to score but never did I think that a goal was coming for them.
We played but never looked like scoring, they defended in numbers and never put us under pressure.

Zemmama has still to get his touch back too but there were more disgraces in the stand than on the pitch.

I think some must spend money to go there, get angry and shout abuse. daft day out that. of those shouting abuse beside me, none made any reference to good moves.

Quite a few of these dafties near me in the West Lower with quite a few making a point of heading for the tunnel area at FT to shout abuse at CC and the players! :agree:

Class eh? :cool2: :rolleyes:

truehibernian
08-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Genuinely cannot believe some posters saying Ayr United never had chances or put us under pressure.

First half they had two chances to open the scoring, one going narrowly wide of Mark Brown's left hand post.

Second half, a kamikaze piece of defending at right back allowed the ball to go beyond Brown and nearly to an Ayr player on the back post, then Miller and Hanlon conspired to lose possession at the byeline and the cross deflected across the goalmouth.......and then Mark Brown pulled off a save of the season to deny them a winner at the end.

I must watch a very different game of football, but IMHO Ayr United deserved at the very least a draw today. They battled for everthing and they could have sneaked it.

truehibernian
08-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh and their free kick that I thought was in all the way in the second half.

The Harp Awakes
08-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I've had a season ticket for Easter Road for 19 years and I'm seriously thinking of giving it up next season.

Not because of the inept team we currently have, but because of the so called supporters who constantly slag off players for 90 minutes at a game and can't wait to get to their keyboards and continue the onslaught on threads such as this.

The team at the moment are cr@p but many of our supporters are a disgrace and don't deserve any better.

HamiltonHibee
08-01-2011, 08:47 PM

That is all.

If you are looking for a pathetic excuse for a player look no further than DerekRiordan. Miller is one of the best players at the club IMO

nlod
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
honestly liam miller was pants today.we were playing a second division club.he was in hiding throughout.he is a champions league player ex man u?first class jibber of tackles every 50-50 he pulls out when mcbride came on we were a better team.time to get rid of someone getting a game on reputation serious underperformer along with a few more.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 09:00 PM
If you are looking for a pathetic excuse for a player look no further than DerekRiordan. Miller is one of the best players at the club IMO

How often does Miller play well? He constantly gives ball away, shirks tackles, put team mates in trouble...... If he is one of our best player we are in deep doo doo

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I totally agree with the OP, can't believe the amount of people who are defending Miller.

This is a guy who was playing Champions League football for Manchester Utd just over five years ago and who was a regular for Ireland until very recently as well. Today he was struggling to compete for the ball with players from the Scottish second division and could hardly make a pass all afternoon. On one occasion, he gave away possession three times in the space of about 20 seconds.

Yes there's others who are not pulling their weight in this team but his performances have not been good enough for someone who should be driving the team forward. With the pedigree that he has, he should be a stand out performer in the majority of our games but instead he has been anything but for the best part of a year now.

since90plustwo
08-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Liam Miller isnt the tough tackling midfielder so much of us want him to be. its not in his nature. he harries the ball pretty well in general. his passing is poor atm, but thats cause theres nothing around him. when hibs play well and start passing and moving, miller is brilliant. we just need to play the right game that suits him, and that generally suits the rest of the team.
but he was poor today and hasn't hit the heights of last season. would keep him at the club as he can be very useful.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
With the pedigree that he has, he should be a stand out performer in the majority of our games but instead he has been anything but for the best part of a year now.

I agree - he should definitely be a standout against a division 2 team. Having said that he's probably still the best of a bad bunch (along with Riordan). People seem to be desperate to get on here to complain about him (and Riordan) while at the same time defending Rankin and Nish.

For some reason some folk never took to him and appear desperate for him to be a failure.

zlatan
08-01-2011, 09:11 PM
I totally agree with the OP, can't believe the amount of people who are defending Miller.

This is a guy who was playing Champions League football for Manchester Utd just over five years ago and who was a regular for Ireland until very recently as well. Today he was struggling to compete for the ball with players from the Scottish second division and could hardly make a pass all afternoon. On one occasion, he gave away possession three times in the space of about 20 seconds.

Yes there's others who are not pulling their weight in this team but his performances have not been good enough for someone who should be driving the team forward. With the pedigree that he has, he should be a stand out performer in the majority of our games but instead he has been anything but for the best part of a year now.

I agree with this. Today was my first (and probably last) domestic game of the season and I was staggered by just how poor he was considering the experience he has.

No one stood out today in the slightest but his first touch, passing and tackling today was absolutely woeful. The only praise I could give was that he didn't hide away but he really was poor.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 09:12 PM
I agree - he should definitely be a standout against a division 2 team. Having said that he's probably still the best of a bad bunch (along with Riordan). People seem to be desperate to get on here to complain about him (and Riordan) while at the same time defending Rankin and Nish.

For some reason some folk never took to him and appear desperate for him to be a failure.

He is one of the highest earners, so deserves the stick he is receiving at the minute..... Where is his early Hibs form? We all know he is a player, but we are not seeing it, that is the most frustrating part

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
He is one of the highest earners, so deserves the stick he is receiving at the minute..... Where is his early Hibs form? We all know he is a player, but we are not seeing it, that is the most frustrating part

I wish he would start playing like he did last year again as well but I don't think singling our best players out for blame is the way to go. He needs to be better but so do the rest - maybe everyone's accepted the others can't get any better so there's no point moaning at them anymore?

IberianHibernian
08-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I've had a season ticket for Easter Road for 19 years and I'm seriously thinking of giving it up next season.

Not because of the inept team we currently have, but because of the so called supporters who constantly slag off players for 90 minutes at a game and can't wait to get to their keyboards and continue the onslaught on threads such as this.

The team at the moment are cr@p but many of our supporters are a disgrace and don't deserve any better.May not be okay to say it here but don`t buy a ST then . With new stand , there are loads of seats which we wouldn`t fill even if we were top of the league with Nish challenging for Golden Boot . As an overseas fan I get excited about odd match I get to and look forward to matches on Hibs TV and have also got really fed up with abuse players get even before matches start and this was happening even in golden ( ?) years of Mowbray and Collins . If anyone from Hibs reads this , why not sell STs for next season without seat numbers in some parts of stands so STHs can sit next to mates who haven`t bought STs ?

Goal, Archibald
08-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Really annoyed with Liam today. Have been wanting him to just come up with the form he showed at the start under Hughes. Being honest, starting to lose patience with him.

The talent is there, but for me the application and the desire is very much questionable.

Really feel let down as he is a player that I feel has taken a bit too much abuse on this forum.

Time for someone to step up to the plate.

Not happy.

sunshine1875
08-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Liam Miller - passenger, wage thief, bottler all of those and he is not alone. Wants to play in the premier league next. Maybe the Blue Square Premier League.

Cannot believe some are defending him, by accusing Riordan of being stationary. At no time did I see Miller have control of the ball long enough to make a forward pass to Riordan.

Our problem is a totally ineffective midfield that cannot take a pass and get the ball to going forward quickly. Even if Riordan did make a run, it is highly unlikely that the ball would get to him quickly enough. Riordan is not the problem at Hibs.

Dr Jimmy
08-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Whilst frustrated with Miller's form I cannot believe the abuse he gets. My mates and I sat in different seats from our usual ST ones and we were surrounded by guys going mental at everything Miller done, one of them was nearly frothing at the mouth. I agree he has been poor, but it seems that some of our support are all to quick to single him out.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I wish he would start playing like he did last year again as well but I don't think singling our best players out for blame is the way to go. He needs to be better but so do the rest - maybe everyone's accepted the others can't get any better so there's no point moaning at them anymore?

He was at Celtic then taken to Man U, suggesting the obvious that he has quality in abundance...... Guys like Rankin and Nish have not IMO, but at least there seems to be effort there, which is appreciated......Players who have bags of talent, but don't want to utilise it, are going to come under fire IMO

sunshine1875
08-01-2011, 09:46 PM

The team at the moment are cr@p but many of our supporters are a disgrace and don't deserve any better.

Don't worry about next season. There should be a lot less fans around you when the big games at ER will be the games against Falkirk, Queens and Cowdenbeath.

It is not surprising that our supporters are turning on the team. They really do deserve it!

the happy hibee
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Have you ever tried to play football when any time you have the ball and are looking for a pass and not one person is wanting the ball of you? if yes you will know how liam miller felt today because thats what he had to put up with! And to say he wasnt trying and running about i am sorry but you just dont know anything about football or you think john rankin is a great player because he runs about like a headless chicken :grr:!

The Harp Awakes
08-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Don't worry about next season. There should be a lot less fans around you when the big games at ER will be the games against Falkirk, Queens and Cowdenbeath.

It is not surprising that our supporters are turning on the team. They really do deserve it!

Sell your best players, pay cr@p wages and there's only one result - a sub-standard team. Turn your attention on the Hibs Board, they are to blame. Slagging off individual players for 90 minutes and on here is pointless.

truehibernian
08-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Have you ever tried to play football when any time you have the ball and are looking for a pass and not one person is wanting the ball of you? if yes you will know how liam miller felt today because thats what he had to put up with! And to say he wasnt trying and running about i am sorry but you just dont know anything about football or you think john rankin is a great player because he runs about like a headless chicken :grr:!

I have, yet three times in the space of 30 seconds Liam failed to find an open Hibernian player all of whom were unmarked, in space, and the pass was simple......his third pass was pure comedy planting a ball at rapier like speed through to nobody......then trotted back into position not picking up a man after he had lost possession.

I know what you are saying, but lets examine the opposition today. Ayr United, only played one game in the last few weeks, part time, and two leagues lower. Liam Miller should not be needing any excuse or reason for not getting space, leaving his marker for dead, and playing good passing football.

He is also one of the most cowardly footballers I have witnesses in full time Premier League football. Some players are bad tacklers and you accept that.....Liam Miller is a coward in the tackle.....of that there is no doubt and today he proved it a few times again.

HamiltonHibee
08-01-2011, 10:55 PM

Well said couldnt agree more, some of the so called fans are a joke

Shrekko
08-01-2011, 11:05 PM
People seem to be desperate to get on here to complain about him (and Riordan) while at the same time defending Rankin and Nish.

Fast becoming the biggest hibs.net myth of all time. Total smokescreen for those who think that it's only the less gifted players that should get stick.

What is ridiculous is people thinking that because Miller has more ability than any of the other midfielders that he should get less criticism. When a player of pedigree shows nothing for weeks and weeks, fans are naturally going to find that frustrating and worthy of criticism.

woody47
08-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Can't agree with the OP at all.

Yes, Miller did have a few loose touches, but show me a Hibs player today who didn't!

I thought Miller harried and chased the ball pretty well and while he's not doing enough in terms of creating chances, he needs the others around him to help in doing that.

He certainly wasn't the worst performer out there today.

He might not have been the worst but with his pedigree compared to the others he should not be playing as badly is he has done for a year now. Looks like he just wants to pick his wages up without stamping his authority on the game.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Fast becoming the biggest hibs.net myth of all time. Total smokescreen for those who think that it's only the less gifted players that should get stick.

What is ridiculous is people thinking that because Millet had more ability than any of the other midfielders that he should get less criticism. When a player of pedigree shows nothing for weeks and weeks, fans are naturally going to fond that frustrating and worthy of criticism.

I disagree - there appear to be more posts on here criticising Miller and Riordan than there are any others. I think it's because we expect more from them and are just happy when the likes of Nish and Rankin run about a bit.

I'm not saying he should get less criticism but I don't think he should get more.

Shrekko
08-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I disagree - there appear to be more posts on here criticising Miller and Riordan than there are any others. I think it's because we expect more from them and are just happy when the likes of Nish and Rankin run about a bit.

I'm not saying he should get less criticism but I don't think he should get more.

Seriously? You think Deeks and Miller get more stick than the official scapegoats of Hogg, Rankin and Nish. I must read different threads from you!! There's folk still starting threads about Hogg, Nish and Rankin saying what a disgrace they are cos they can't get a game!!

The biggest mythical bit is that it's the same people who slag the talented ones that defend the scapegoats- it's nonsense. I've asked several times for folk to prove it's the same folk and nobody has ever delivered even 1 example.

Every single Hibs player has under performed this season barring perhaps Mark Brown. I find it bizarre that there's folk continually pedalling this stuff out, especially when you should arguably be expecting more from the big earners.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Seriously? You think Deeks and Miller get more stick than the official scapegoats of Hogg, Rankin and Nish. I must read different threads from you!! There's folk still starting threads about Hogg, Nish and Rankin saying what a disgrace they are cos they can't get a game!!

The biggest mythical bit is that it's the same people who slag the talented ones that defend the scapegoats- it's nonsense. I've asked several times for folk to prove it's the same folk and nobody has ever delivered even 1 example.
Every single Hibs player has under performed this season barring perhaps Mark Brown. I find it bizarre that there's folk continually pedalling this stuff out, especially when you should arguably be expecting more from the big earners.

If you want/need an example there is one prominent poster who continually defends Nish and Rankin in particular but has a real venom in his posts about Miller. I don't think it's fair to post his name on here though.

Shrekko
08-01-2011, 11:37 PM
If you want/need an example there is one prominent poster who continually defends Nish and Rankin in particular but has a real venom in his posts about Miller. I don't think it's fair to post his name on here though.
Ok fair enough- I'm just absolutely stunned that folk are allegedly 'queuing up' or 'desperate' to slag the talented
ones whilst defending the scapegoats. I don't see it and
people are turning it into a generalisation to support their assertion that it's only certain players you should slaughter IMO.

My concern is not so much who to slag but just where to turn to for a ray of hope. Collectively we are gutless and not too talented. I see little point in arguing over who should be singled out for the most abuse. But then again if folk want so discuss Liam Miller then it's absolutely not unfair to question his contribution without bringing other players into it. He's been very poor.

Luna Landing
08-01-2011, 11:50 PM

At last someone talking sense on this thread . Couldnt have said it better myself

YetholmHibee
09-01-2011, 02:39 AM

Are you having a giraffe!! :faf:

Liam Miller was totally gash against Ar Utd. Never at any moment controlled the midfield (against a 2nd division team).

Just as he was last week against Hearts.

I would call him Dick Turpin.

How many passes landed at an Ayr player - LOL

YetholmHibee
09-01-2011, 02:41 AM

:top marks :agree: