PDA

View Full Version : Petrie's royal walk Behind the Goals...

new malkyhib
08-01-2011, 05:44 PM
...didn't go down well today apparently, - he was largely ignored.

Hopefully that coupled with the thousands of empty seats today will give him the message. We need to buck a trend here, and not "do business in the last few days of the window because that's what everybody else does".

He's got a million pound burning a hole with the Bamba and Stokes money - it needs to be spent on a new spine of the team: centre half, centre midfielder and a centre forward that attacks the ball.

3 straight-in-the-side, first picks needed asap. Allegedley he maintains he is a "football man" - well let's see some tangible proof of it then.

Silent_Hibee
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
...didn't go down well today apparently, - he was largely ignored.

Hopefully that coupled with the thousands of empty seats today will give him the message. We need to buck a trend here, and not "do business in the last few days of the window because that's what everybody else does".

He's got a million pound burning a hole with the Bamba and Stokes money - it needs to be spent on a new spine of the team: centre half, centre midfielder and a centre forward that attacks the ball.

3 straight-in-the-side, first picks needed asap. Allegedley he maintains he is a "football man" - well let's see some tangible proof of it then.

he wont do it - we will see some new arrivals, largely sub standard. RP is a major reason why the majority of our managers ultimately fail - even after a great start (yogi) they are no supported to take it further

Dr Jimmy
08-01-2011, 08:47 PM
I have seen him do this before, does he actually engage in conversations with hibs fans or does he just nod and smile?

Removed
08-01-2011, 08:53 PM
I have seen him do this before, does he actually engage in conversations with hibs fans or does he just nod and smile?

He'll chat, if you want to.

How many other club's st holders even get the opportunity to talk to their chairman every week?

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM

How many other club's st holders even get the opportunity to talk to their chairman every week?

Don't know mate - how many?

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM

Just lip service Billy, he does not give anything away, and I am not sure he takes fans views on board?

Removed
08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Don't know mate - how many?

I don't know but I would guess very few. Easy to take a pop at Rod on here. If folk have an issue grow a pair and go BTG.

Beefster
08-01-2011, 08:59 PM

He gives inane chit-chat. Doesn't give out any information (and I mean any) and quickly moves on if you have any grumbles. It's pointless.

down the slope
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
He must have walked by at 10-30, try it at 4-50 Rod !.

Removed
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Fair enough guys, looks like its just a sham then.

Tbh not seen Scott Lindsay or Fife Hyland in for a while either. If you are looking in guys please feel free to post.

Dr Jimmy
08-01-2011, 09:11 PM
I suppose he at least has the plums to do it. I just wondered if it was in a Duff & Grey walk around the pitch kind of way ie. waving taking the applause etc.

PaulSmith
08-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Fair enough guys, looks like its just a sham then.

Tbh not seen Scott Lindsay or Fife Hyland in for a while either. If you are looking in guys please feel free to post.

Rod was there on the 1st floor at one table today for a fairly lengthy time.
Funny enough Scott Lindsey appeared not long after and proceeded to sit at exactly the same table.
I think if you ask either to take a seat for 10 mins they would tbh.

Criswell
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
If you are really lucky you may catch a glimpse of St Tom occasionally. It's a bit like a Papal visit; he appears, bestows a blessing on us all and than he's gone!

Removed
08-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Rod was there on the 1st floor at one table today for a fairly lengthy time.
Funny enough Scott Lindsey appeared not long after and proceeded to sit at exactly the same table.
I think if you ask either to take a seat for 10 mins they would tbh.

Yes they would which was my point. I wasn't at the game today. One of the Hibs faithful who voted with their feet and wallet.

nortonhibby
08-01-2011, 09:25 PM

I Have sat in front off him in the directors box i have never seen him smile he is a deep thinking inteligent man he is also very prudent he has the clubs interest and bank balance on his shoulders lay off him he has provided us with the 3rd best stadium in Scotland the best training Acadamy in Scotland and a healthy bank balance

Gus Fring
08-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I Have sat in front off him in the directors box i have never seen him smile he is a deep thinking inteligent man he is also very prudent he has the clubs interest and bank balance on his shoulders lay off him he has provided us with the 3rd best stadium in Scotland the best training Acadamy in Scotland and a healthy bank balance

Hi Rod

:bye:

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 09:43 PM

And a team in freefall, brilliant......

Removed
08-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Rod

:bye:

My vote is that Nortonhibby is Scott Lindsay :agree:

woody47
08-01-2011, 09:56 PM

What is the point with having all the above except the thing that the fans actually want - A FOOTBALL TEAM.
I would stand in a manky terrace to watch Hibs - in fact I have done so the fact that we have a shiney stadium is neither here nor there to me. The state of the art training centre has given us NOTHING! Before this we used to train anywhere where there was a bit of grass or sand and seemed to produce some great footballing sides. Since we moved to new training facilities, I reckon the only thing our players have got better at is playing football manager or champ manager.
We have to invest in the team and not just get journey men or unproved cheap managers. The cheap option is NOT working.

Franck Stanton
08-01-2011, 09:59 PM

Oh you mean like when Duff/Gray were in charge and did the same thing eh?

They were really good for the club eh.:confused:

Removed
08-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Wtf you on about. No I don't mean like Duff and Gray. We never had BTG then did we.

McIntosh
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
What is the point with having all the above except the thing that the fans actually want - A FOOTBALL TEAM.
I would stand in a manky terrace to watch Hibs - in fact I have done so the fact that we have a shiney stadium is neither here nor there to me. The state of the art training centre has given us NOTHING! Before this we used to train anywhere where there was a bit of grass or sand and seemed to produce some great footballing sides. Since we moved to new training facilities, I reckon the only thing our players have got better at is playing football manager or champ manager.
We have to invest in the team and not just get journey men or unproved cheap managers. The cheap option is NOT working.

It is patently obvious that there is a lack of quality and experience in the side. The cost of failure i.e relegation is to big a risk. Hibs have many positive, however our chronic under investment in quality is now coming home to haunt us.

Our fate is still in our own hands but we spend and spend wisely. We need the following:

A signing to lift the place
A signing to lead the team
A signing to bring the steel and guile which is missing from the team
If this can be acheived we can build for success next season and beyond. If not we are looking at a financial abyss. If we are relegared Petrie will have to go his decisions will effect him. I am sure he realises this - expediency is a necessity.

Franck Stanton
08-01-2011, 10:11 PM
He gives inane chit-chat. Doesn't give out any information (and I mean any) and quickly moves on if you have any grumbles. It's pointless.

Exavtly, at end of last season I had chance to speak with him when we bumped into each other at rear of main stand [West] and I asked when he would be signing a new c/h? He doged question with some inane smaltalk. I pressed my point and , whilst not really thinking he would say / reveal any signing details would have appreciated a non-committal " It's in hand, soon " and all I got was , "do you want to sign up for it?"
Now , having been a Hibby for 53 years, and am now 58yrs of age, and am 19stone, [ I know auld and fat] and get breathless walking up a flight of stairs, thought this was condecending, but .......................having witnessed some of the huddies we have even I could do a better job for the team. { Well against the Hearts anyway, - if you call getting sent off in the tunnel on way to pitch for violent conduct for laying one on Kyle, Skatchel and Blacks chins].
Petrie is a prize Juan Kerr - and is without doubt the main problem at E/R - after all, if the core of the apple is rotten, doesn't matter the peal is all shiny eh.

Franck Stanton
08-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Wtf you on about. No I don't mean like Duff and Gray. We never had BTG then did we.

Listen daftie, when Duff/Gray walked behind the goals talking to supporters - IT WAS ACTUALLY BEHIND THE GOALS _ ON THE TRACK _ and they were just brilliant for the club weren't they? You asked when supporters got the chance to speak to their club directors and I merely gave you the answer. Now the fitba' is starting on the telly and much as I am enjoying oor wee slaver I am signing off now to watch it.

:na na::na na::na na::na na::na na:

Removed
08-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Listen daftie, when Duff/Gray walked behind the goals talking to supporters - IT WAS ACTUALLY BEHIND THE GOALS _ ON THE TRACK _ and they were just brilliant for the club weren't they? You asked when supporters got the chance to speak to their club directors and I merely gave you the answer. Now the fitba' is starting on the telly and much as I am enjoying oor wee slaver I am signing off now to watch it.

:na na::na na::na na::na na::na na:

Yes I know, I was there :rolleyes:

Not going to resort to petty name calling. The petrie/duff-gray scenarios are completely different imo

Franck Stanton
08-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Yes I know, I was there :rolleyes:

Not going to resort to petty name calling. The petrie/duff-gray scenarios are completely different imo

I,m back, Hibs game on tv just finnished, ready for you to explain, you appear to want an argument so bring it on, you asked - " When do supporters get the chance to speak to their clubs directors and praised Petrie " I pointed out that Duff/Gray did so and that they were the pits, - you retrort with "WTF am I talking about" and I point out that "behind the goals" to me is the stands not the pub, now I have typed this slowly so you can understand it, PETRIE IS [ as far as the team / backing the managers is concerned ] a complete w****r, as an accountant, yes very good at his job. I however would stand on a midden as long as we had a good, attractive, attacking WINNING team on the pitch. As for the state of the art training ground - Did we need it when we produced the famous 5/ Turnbulls Tornadoes? [ both teams I am proud/privilaged to say I witnessed], Oh and by the way - purely for your info, NO we didn''t.

HibeesLA
09-01-2011, 01:07 AM
If you are really lucky you may catch a glimpse of St Tom occasionally. It's a bit like a Papal visit; he appears, bestows a blessing on us all and than he's gone!

I saw STF in the club shop back in February with his grandson I presume. The kid was looking to buy something and I guess couldn't really find what he was after as he picked up a keychain and while looking at it! STF said "don't get that, its not worth it, I have some stuff at home I can give you instead."

Steve-O
09-01-2011, 01:31 AM

And Mike Ashley at Newcastle, he enjoyed mingling with the fans too :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
09-01-2011, 01:32 AM
RP will happily chat in BTG until he is under pressure. 18 months ago, a few guys got onto him about the state if the team, etc, and all he did was ramble something about "you got top 6 what more do you want?" then disapeared.

DoonTheSlope
09-01-2011, 01:43 AM
I had a chat with Lawrie Reilly at the last home league game. THE Hibernian legend stated and I quote... I don't know why I bother coming to Easter Road anymore.

This from probably the best Hibernian player ever......he may be 80 or so but it told me a lot.

Oh I missed out our stadium is brilliant and we are in a strong financial position compared to other clubs in the SPL.

Give me peace.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I saw STF in the club shop back in February with his grandson I presume. The kid was looking to buy something and I guess couldn't really find what he was after as he picked up a keychain and while looking at it! STF said "don't get that, its not worth it, I have some stuff at home I can give you instead."

STF in Gerald Ratner moment.....

Removed
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I,m back, Hibs game on tv just finnished, ready for you to explain, you appear to want an argument so bring it on, you asked - " When do supporters get the chance to speak to their clubs directors and praised Petrie " I pointed out that Duff/Gray did so and that they were the pits, - you retrort with "WTF am I talking about" and I point out that "behind the goals" to me is the stands not the pub, now I have typed this slowly so you can understand it, PETRIE IS [ as far as the team / backing the managers is concerned ] a complete w****r, as an accountant, yes very good at his job. I however would stand on a midden as long as we had a good, attractive, attacking WINNING team on the pitch. As for the state of the art training ground - Did we need it when we produced the famous 5/ Turnbulls Tornadoes? [ both teams I am proud/privilaged to say I witnessed], Oh and by the way - purely for your info, NO we didn''t.

Only person looking for an argument is you. If you can't see the difference between a walkabout round the ground and inside a supporters lounge then it's not me that's the daftie.

The Falcon
09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Duff and Gray have been mentioned a few times on here. Was it not them who had the "flotation" during which the fans had a true opportunity to buy into the whole thing with a say on how things were run. That went well.........:rolleyes:

I had a chat with Lawrie Reilly at the last home league game. THE Hibernian legend stated and I quote... I don't know why I bother coming to Easter Road anymore.

This from probably the best Hibernian player ever......he may be 80 or so but it told me a lot.

Oh I missed out our stadium is brilliant and we are in a strong financial position compared to other clubs in the SPL.

Give me peace.