I'll be there. No idea why. :bitchy:

give it a couple of days and the sparks will light the fire for many.....:flag:

borstalboy
08-01-2011, 05:35 PM

I wouldn't be so sure......:(

Green forever
08-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Do you mean large in numbers (doubtful) or people who are 6 feet + (sliightly more probable) ?

son of haggart
08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Do you mean large in numbers (doubtful) or people who are 6 feet + (sliightly more probable) ?

Maybe Matty Jack has re-signed? :greengrin

Simpson
08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Who's bringing the flares to somerset then? :wink:

Cabbage1875
08-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Absolutely no chance. Dingwall is too fresh in the memory for me to even think about following this shower like that again.

reservoir hibee
08-01-2011, 06:46 PM

what do you know???:wink:

hibby67
08-01-2011, 06:51 PM
...think we hit the bottom of the well today, time to bounce back.:thumbsup:

I WOULD'NT BANK ON IT I THINK WE HAVE GOT FURTHER TO FALL :grr:
HOPE I'M WRONG

francobaresi
08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Judging by the support there today I wouldn't expect many to go... If you do, good luck...:flag:

seanraff07
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Slept in so couldn't go today but will go to the replay, i went to Dingwall last season and i really don't want a repeat of that.

IberianHibernian
08-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Looking at SFA site , our replay is only match set for 19th ( if Hearts hold St J they`ll go to Perth on 18th ) . Does this mean we might be televised ? If so a welcome bit of income . Doubt we`ll take many fans through but Ayr will have a big support so crowd could be similar to today`s ( if capacity allows it ) .

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 08:13 PM

If Todays pitiful crowd is an indicator there wont be many at Somerset?

Toaods
08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Looking at SFA site , our replay is only match set for 19th

that'll rule me out...20th Wedding Anniversary...no chance I'll get away.:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
08-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll be there....much as we were dismal today....its novel away games like this that the small SPL denies us....

Supporting Hibs has always been much more than just the football (Just as well really :wink:)

Enjoy trips like this - although it could be a late one if it goes to ET :rolleyes:

Its a 180 mile round trip for me

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Looking at SFA site , our replay is only match set for 19th ( if Hearts hold St J they`ll go to Perth on 18th ) . Does this mean we might be televised ?

Sky usually pick a match and if Rangers/Celtic are both through they'd normally choose a game that has the possibility of a shock. At the moment it looks like us or Dundee United.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
We'll have a couple of hundred through for that match, if we're lucky.

I won't be one of them.

callumstewart
08-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Looking at SFA site , our replay is only match set for 19th ( if Hearts hold St J they`ll go to Perth on 18th ) . Does this mean we might be televised ? If so a welcome bit of income . Doubt we`ll take many fans through but Ayr will have a big support so crowd could be similar to today`s ( if capacity allows it ) .

so does that mean that hamilton is off ? i do want to go to sumerset dont know if i would get back but i will be there :flag:

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-01-2011, 08:37 PM
so does that mean that hamilton is off ? i do want to go to sumerset dont know if i would get back but i will be there :flag:

Hamilton game will be moved to a later date.

callumstewart
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
i will try and get to both then :thumbsup:

IberianHibernian
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
We`ll get half gate receipts from replay and much more from next round if we go through . Would this not be a good time for club to offer buses to match ( say 5 quid ) ? And/or help supporters clubs with expense of travel and promoting buses ? Would be some positive news too , something that is lacking at present .

munchar
08-01-2011, 08:47 PM
that'll rule me out...20th Wedding Anniversary...no chance I'll get away.:thumbsup:

What a feeble excuse! :blah:

Take her through to Ayr for a day out. Nice drive, bar lunch, then look shocked when you notice Hibbys going by and say you never knew the match was on! But now we are here.......................:devil:

justlikebrazil
08-01-2011, 08:48 PM
No chance!! we didnt have the bottle today so no chance down there sad to say!!!:brickwall

muirhousehibby
08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
When is the replay? more than likely it'll be a midweek game. i suspect.

If thats the case i'll not be there other duties taking my time up..

If it turn out a weekend then i'll be there but can't see that happening...

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
When is the replay? more than likely it'll be a midweek game. i suspect.

If thats the case i'll not be there other duties taking my time up..

If it turn out a weekend then i'll be there but can't see that happening...

Wednesday 19th

muirhousehibby
08-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Wednesday 19th

I won't be there then. Got other football duties midweek.

Hopefully we'll go and get the victory......

Hibby70
08-01-2011, 10:05 PM
We`ll get half gate receipts from replay and much more from next round if we go through . Would this not be a good time for club to offer buses to match ( say 5 quid ) ? And/or help supporters clubs with expense of travel and promoting buses ? Would be some positive news too , something that is lacking at present .
They should do something but they wont. Saying that not sure i'd go even if they put on a free limo driven by Beyonce in the scud.

7Hero
08-01-2011, 10:07 PM
of course they wont put buses on, its hibs ffs, the fans are the lowest common demonitor....

but beyonce in the scud, i would defo go...

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I have never been to Ayr before, I am sure it will be an absolute dump, but none the less I will be there.

"Looking forward to it" may be a little strong at the moment, however come Monday, at around 9:30 when my workmates have finished ripping the piss out of me for the weekends football, I will no doubt be looking forward to it.

Toaods
09-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I have been to Aye, but Beyonce in the scud.....hmmm....interesting concept....think I'd rather drive her though.....

www.rearviewmirrorvoyeur.com.

Shrekko
09-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Who's bringing the flares to somerset then? :wink:

I was thinking about it but I'm just going to stick with either my straight legs or boot-cuts ...much safer on a cold night in Ayrshire and go much better with my trainers :wink:

Simpson
09-01-2011, 02:27 AM
I was thinking about it but I'm just going to stick with either my straight legs or boot-cuts ...much safer on a cold night in Ayrshire and go much better with my trainers :wink:

:top marks

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I went thru to Somerset twice during our 'adventure' in the first division. I remember one of the games we were 3-1 down with 4 minutes left and ended up drawing 3-3. Sure Yogi scored both, he defo scored the equaliser and jumped up onto the barrier right in front of us behind the goals, atmosphere was brilliant! Can't remember what the score was in the other game but I've got a feeling it was Frank's debut for us? Might be wrong tho, was quite young bk then. Won't be going thru to this tho I wouldn't think. Maybe get a couple of trips thru nxt season, are Ayr looking like getting promotion? :rolleyes:

Craig_in_Prague
09-01-2011, 12:27 PM
I went thru to Somerset twice during our 'adventure' in the first division. I remember one of the games we were 3-1 down with 4 minutes left and ended up drawing 3-3. Sure Yogi scored both, he defo scored the equaliser and jumped up onto the barrier right in front of us behind the goals, atmosphere was brilliant! Can't remember what the score was in the other game but I've got a feeling it was Frank's debut for us? Might be wrong tho, was quite young bk then. Won't be going thru to this tho I wouldn't think. Maybe get a couple of trips thru nxt season, are Ayr looking like getting promotion? :rolleyes:

I was at the game which was not the 3-3 game.
We won with Crawford scoring, maybe a couple.... don't know what the FT score was though, but I enjoyed the trip and the game.

Plenty more old dumps for fans to visit next season again.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
NAML - I think it was wee Russells debut IIRC.

LancashireHibby
09-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Has the replay date been confirmed? Hoping to be there if it's definitely the Wednesday.

Hermit Crab
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Has the replay date been confirmed? Hoping to be there if it's definitely the Wednesday.

Yes its the 19th of Jan a Wednesday night.

Vini1875
09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately this team as it is right now could be beaten by celtc then Ayr utd and also Hamilton. If that happens I think we will be at our lowest point. I think there is worse to come from them.

Support at Ayr will be the die hards only 400 or 500 the guys who would turn up to watch Hibs strips drying on the washing line.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately this team as it is right now could be beaten by celtc then Ayr utd and also Hamilton. If that happens I think we will be at our lowest point. I think there is worse to come from them.

Support at Ayr will be the die hards only 400 or 500 the guys who would turn up to watch Hibs strips drying on the washing line.

The worrying thing for the club is that I consider myself to be a diehard and there's nowhere I would rather be less, on that night, than Somerset Park.

I am working that night and I could probably get the night off if I really wanted to but I would much rather make myself some money than spend time and money travelling all the way down to Ayr to watch another abject performance.

I would imagine that I'm not alone in feeling this way and there will be many more who would describe themselves as diehards, who will not be anywhere near Somerset Park on Wednesday week.

Fair play to all those who do go down for the replay. You all deserve your own plaque to be put up at Easter Road.

Hermit Crab
09-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Im going but got a feeling the bus journey back will be a long somber trip :boo hoo:

LancashireHibby
09-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes its the 19th of Jan a Wednesday night.

Great stuff, I'll be there then. Had already booked the day off work because of planning to go to Hamilton the night before for the league game.