PDA

View Full Version : The Hibs faithful have voted with their feet - Enough's enough

Toaods
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
An attendance of under 7,000 for a home time in a new Scottish Cup quest.

A crowd which is believed to have included over 1,000 visiting fans.

A crowd which had reduced prices to enhance the crowd figure.

message firmly delivered to the board SORT IT AND SORT IT FAST.

Hibs90
08-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Surely no?

Bob Box Fish
08-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Surely no?

Why?

Saorsa
08-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Surely no?Perhaps folk have finally had enough of this *****. I cannae even be ersed going tae games I've paid for, never mind throwing away more money.

Moulin Yarns
08-01-2011, 04:21 PM
6,056, so around 5000 Hibees

the rest made the right decision by the sounds of things!

trev the hat
08-01-2011, 04:22 PM

message firmly delivered to the board SORT IT AND SORT IT FAST. or GO !!!!!!!!

:top marksI was one of them and will remain one til something changes.

Gala Foxes
there will be a lot more crowds like that if something doesn't change soon

soupy
Perhaps folk have finally had enough of this *****

correct like me for example!!!

Bob Box Fish
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Perhaps folk have finally had enough of this *****. I cannae even be ersed going tae games I've paid for, never mind throwing away more money.

There are quite a few season ticket holders who are not attending games.

GreenCastle
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Surely no?

6,056 total

1000 Ayr fans ?

So really only 5,000 Hibs fans..

khib70
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM

I was there and you're absolutely right. Appalling but I'm sure the usual suspects will be along shortly to absolve the Board of all blame.

johnbc70
08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I have a season ticket but never got the cup top up. My Dad saw me at lunchtime and said "see you this afternoon at the game then" and I shook my head and said no chance I am spending £15 to go and see that. Am I glad I never went and saved myself £15, too right I am and I am sure there are many more like me.

Ryan69
08-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Theres supposrting a club and there is supporting a club.

How do you honestly support a club in times like this? ( I was there everyweek when we were relegated,but that was different!)

We need answers from the board!

Basically you would not pay good money for an inferior product if it didnt work everyweek would you? The only real way to make a stand is set alarm bells ringing attendance wise....Then major changes must happen!

Hiber-nation
08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
There are quite a few season ticket holders who are not attending games.

Aye, I never even considered going which for me is a first.

mcfly

I was there and you're absolutely right. Appalling but I'm sure the usual suspects will be along shortly to absolve the Board of all blame.

quite happy to take £500K out of hibs per annum.

i see fans demonstrations at easter road in near future - what we are suffering is not good enough and i will NOT be renewing any season ticket.

i am sure i will not be alone

Hibercelona
I have a season ticket but never got the cup top up. My Dad saw me at lunchtime and said "see you this afternoon at the game then" and I shook my head and said no chance I am spending £15 to go and see that. Am I glad I never went and saved myself £15, too right I am and I am sure there are many more like me.

:agree:

Phil MaGlass
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
worst thing for me today was I forgot we were playing and when I remembered I thought we would get beat, cannae blame folk for not turning up to watch the Keystone |Cops.

cabbageandribs1875
08-01-2011, 04:34 PM
looks like it is indeed the correct att http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/9348899.stm

Ref: Madden
Att: 6,056

that must be the strongest possible message for the board to get something done about this :agree:

but at least we won the 'foul count' 15-6

hibiedude
08-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Just back from the game and NO MORE IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS RUBBISH

smurf

No. We know the golden rule. The board are completely blameless....

AFKA5814_Hibs
I'll continue to go to games covered under my season ticket but thats about it.

Although a lunchtime do-ing from Celtic next Saturday doesn't seem very appealing at the moment. :rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
looks like it is indeed the correct att http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/9348899.stm

that must be the strongest possible message for the board to get something done about this :agree:

but at least we won the 'foul count' 15-6

no. what will happen is we will manage a dire draw against Celtic and everything will stay the same.

Green Man
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I've only been to one game this season. I was planning on going today, but earlier this week I thought "what am I doing?" Glad I saw sense. Sounds like it was terrible today, I can do much better things with £15.

Hibercelona
08-01-2011, 04:38 PM

:agree:

According to some people on here, its never ever the boards fault.

They are only in charge of "everything". So how can they possibly take the blame... :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
08-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Reckon that was the last game i will attend this season. I've got a season ticket so voting with my feet won't damage the club financially this season but i just can't sit through another week of this rubbish.

Before the uber fans start i have done my time watching bad Hibs teams. 2-6 against Motherwell, 1-5 v Hertz, 0-7 v Rangers and 0-3 v Raith are particular lowlights that i have had the misfortune to witness. This is the first time i have honestly felt like not going back. The closest i got was after Ross County away last season but this time my mind is pretty much made up.

Far too many in that team didn't try a leg today. We were playing a 2nd division and started at walking pace, we should have went all out to blow them away in the first 30 minutes.

Judging by the attendance today i'm not the only one likely to be voting with my feet. I work my erse of all week and i'm not willing to waste every Saturday gettin frustrated and angry at a crowd of jokers who couldn't care less.

Baldy
08-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Far too many in that team didn't try a leg today. We were playing a 2nd division and started at walking pace, we should have went all out to blow them away in the first 30 minutes.

Judging by the attendance today i'm not the only one likely to be voting with my feet. I work my erse of all week and i'm not willing to waste every Saturday gettin frustrated and angry at a crowd of jokers who couldn't care less.

:top marks

Cool_Hand_Luke
08-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Thats the first time i've ever booed my own team today

Feel the same way...but i probably will be back...

Spike Mandela
08-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm in the same position as you PB, a season ticket holder(of many years) who cannae be arsed going along to watch that.

I work shifts and sometimes have to move heaven and earth to get along to games and in truth it just ain't worth it anymore.

I'm too old in the tooth to listen to all the guff about 'true supporters getting behind their team when they need them most' bull****.

Utterly disillusioned and maybe seeing sense, at last.

TheGreenMan
08-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Dont blame you.

I have a ST but never went today and never even considered it. This is the worst Hibs team overall (in terms of effort and ability) I've seen IMO

I will attend all home matches covered by my ST but no more than that. And as for next season - we are going to have to show some MAJOR ambition on the playing front or there will be very little renewals and NO new ST's bought as there is no reason to have a ST now if we are not prepared to improve our team with the money invested by fans as you can walk up and pick & choose games and be guaranteed a decent seat for every game now, including Derbys.

I'm so fed up with Hibs the now. Sad times.

EasterRoad4Ever
08-01-2011, 05:02 PM
quite happy to take £500K out of hibs per annum.

i see fans demonstrations at easter road in near future - what we are suffering is not good enough and i will NOT be renewing any season ticket.

i am sure i will not be alone

The irony is that Rod's shiny new stand makes it all the easier not to renew. There is ACRES of space in the stadium every week to get a decent view, you can move around, change your seat each week, change stands if you want, and pick and choose the games you go to. Even easier if we're in the 1st div. Someone switch the light out.

jgl07
08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I've only been to one game this season. I was planning on going today, but earlier this week I thought "what am I doing?" Glad I saw sense. Sounds like it was terrible today, I can do much better things with £15.
But it was £10 to get in!

Cool_Hand_Luke
08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
But it was £10 to get in!

Was £15 for me...

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-01-2011, 05:16 PM

The Kremlin won't take the slightest notice, expect the usual "wall of silence" from them, sad, sad days indeed

Cletus
08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm a fairly regular walk-up attendee but sadly, like so many others, I can take no more. That's any further income lost from me for this season. I guess most feel like me.

The lack of incoming transfer activity at this time is frightening. Stick with the crap we have and cross our fingers it seems. Is CC so clueless that he doesn't have any ideas in either the transfer or loan market. Why delay it? We quite simply do not have time to p about. I mean why not stick in a 250k bid for Sammon and 100k for Griffiths? We need change and fast. 1.6m brought in for Stokes and Bamba and nothing in since. 8 days into the window and not a sniff. Let's wait until the last day of the window and bring in a journeyman pro from wherever whilst ignoring all the good young talent that does exist at smaller clubs.

Our scouts need sacked incidentally. What is their remit? We have no interest in scouting scandinavia etc where there is a large pool of inexpensive talent. Mind you we continually ignore top, cheap young talent in our own country so why look elsewhere it seems. In the last couple of seasons alone guys like Dorrans, Snodgrass and many more have moved down south cheaply at whicj time we're bringing guys like McBride, Rankin etc. Utterly laughable.

I could go on and on and on and on but I can't even be bothered.

I give up.

ps As you can see I very rarely post but I am so angry at the ineptitude shown on so many levels that I really had to get it off my chest.

francobaresi
08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
So many disillusioned supporters just now I can completely empathise with everyone of them. I too have a ST but have seen enough already this season to justify not going on a regular basis but allow some other unfortunate fool to take my place. Scottish Cup day is usually the biggest day in everyone's footballing calendar, it is me, but I didn't want to go & watch them today.
I fear for us just now, I can see a decent signing to appease the fans this month but if it's straight talking then let's face the facts: we are probably just good enough for the 1st Division.
Then I won't be back...
Adios amigos.

GGTTH

mcfly
08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
So many disillusioned supporters just now I can completely empathise with everyone of them. I too have a ST but have seen enough already this season to justify not going on a regular basis but allow some other unfortunate fool to take my place. Scottish Cup day is usually the biggest day in everyone's footballing calendar, it is me, but I didn't want to go & watch them today.
I fear for us just now, I can see a decent signing to appease the fans this month but if it's straight talking then let's face the facts: we are probably just good enough for the 1st Division.
Then I won't be back...
Adios amigos.

GGTTH

just checked paddy power website - hibs 11/1 to finish bottom

not like the bookies to be so generous!!!!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Terribly sad reading, but, all too true. Will the people that matter notice? Said it b4 this season, something very, very wrong @ ER, how to fix it? Who knows?

francobaresi
08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Has to be worth a punt mcfly, £20 should cover my ST for next season in Div 1...:wink:

mcfly
08-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Terribly sad reading, but, all too true. Will the people that matter notice? Said it b4 this season, something very, very wrong @ ER, how to fix it? Who knows?

they must notice the empty stands and heard the booing.

unless drastic action is taken - we are playing div 1 football and its very sad that the fans already have accepted this in the 2nd week in jan.

we are dire and the lack of fight in the team is embarrassing, i thought CC could get a reaction but sadly he hasnt but yet keeps picking the same underperforming losers.

season ticket renewals will be a hard sell for this board but as i said before they are happy to trouser £500k per annum, sell all the best players but not stump up for new players when it is so obvious without new blood in the team we are down.

Mr petrie/mr lindsay the boos will only get louder - please act now

mcfly
08-01-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm a fairly regular walk-up attendee but sadly, like so many others, I can take no more. That's any further income lost from me for this season. I guess most feel like me.

The lack of incoming transfer activity at this time is frightening. Stick with the crap we have and cross our fingers it seems. Is CC so clueless that he doesn't have any ideas in either the transfer or loan market. Why delay it? We quite simply do not have time to p about. I mean why not stick in a 250k bid for Sammon and 100k for Griffiths? We need change and fast. 1.6m brought in for Stokes and Bamba and nothing in since. 8 days into the window and not a sniff. Let's wait until the last day of the window and bring in a journeyman pro from wherever whilst ignoring all the good young talent that does exist at smaller clubs.

Our scouts need sacked incidentally. What is their remit? We have no interest in scouting scandinavia etc where there is a large pool of inexpensive talent. Mind you we continually ignore top, cheap young talent in our own country so why look elsewhere it seems. In the last couple of seasons alone guys like Dorrans, Snodgrass and many more have moved down south cheaply at whicj time we're bringing guys like McBride, Rankin etc. Utterly laughable.

I could go on and on and on and on but I can't even be bothered.

I give up.

ps As you can see I very rarely post but I am so angry at the ineptitude shown on so many levels that I really had to get it off my chest.

Agree 100% - mcbride by all accounts told to leave but why playing today?

byrne back from loan - why not given a chance against a 2nd div team
thank goodness we have a half decent keeper as we are a joke and i cant see where our next win is coming from.

hibs frustrate the hell out of me

Ray_
08-01-2011, 06:48 PM
The Kremlin won't take the slightest notice, expect the usual "wall of silence" from them, sad, sad days indeed

To change the subject, I loved that strip that Shades is wearing on your photo.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2011, 06:51 PM
I will continue going but I have absolutely no appetite for watching this current Hibs team. I certainly don't blame anyone that won't be going back for the rest of the season.

What we saw today during that first half in particular was embarrassing and although we had a number of decent chances in the second half, not to score in 90 minutes during a home game against a second division side is completely unacceptable. In fact we are actually quite fortunate to still be in the cup as Ayr had the best chance of the match right at the end and a fantastic save by Mark Brown has saved us from even further embarrassment.

Up until now, I have refrained from criticising Colin Calderwood too much but he has now been in charge for around three months and, if anything, we have actually got worse during that time, barring the freak result at Ibrox. I'm not at the stage yet where I will be questioning his position as manager but if things don't improve over the next couple of months then it's possible that we could be looking for another manager before the end of the season and if that happens then I think members of the board need to consider their position at the club as well because that would mean three appointments in a row will have ended in failure.

We have Celtic next week and although everyone's probably going to be asking "how many?", it wouldn't surprise me if we actually play like we did last week, i.e. create nothing, defend for 90 minutes, hope to get a 0-0 and lose the game 1-0.

It is absolutely vital that we bring players in this month or else I think we will be relegated, that is how dire this situation has become. I don't know if the board and management team intend to bring in several players in January but after witnessing that today, they simply have to go into the transfer market.

We have sold Sol Bamba on the opening day of the window and we're told by Calderwood that it was a good deal for the club. It's only a good deal for the club if you're going to reinvest all of that money back into the team and strengthen it. I know we still have 3 weeks left to do business but if we don't use that money to bring in new players, it's only going to be a good deal for the bank balance and, to be honest, I'm getting a bit fed up looking after the finances whilst the team on the park is neglected.

I honestly don't know where we go from here, we have so many problems it's difficult to know where to start. A lot of people on here were telling us that we had to punt Nish, Rankin and Hogg for the team to have any chance of progressing. None of those players were even on the bench today and we still had an awful performance and result against a second division team. I'm not saying that any of those players would have made the difference today but it just goes to show that we have far more problems at the moment than just those three players.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Oxymoron if ever I heard one, the Hibs faithful vote with feet, how the hell is that being faithful then:confused:

3pm
08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Oxymoron if ever I heard one, the Hibs faithful vote with feet, how the hell is that being faithful then:confused:

Steven, loyalty is admirable but you can't ask people to fork out money over fist for this shiiit. I know you will go as a matter of course regardless but not everyone has the same mentality.

Cletus
08-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Agreed Falkirkhibee.

Also, very disappointed that Booth didn't start or get a place on the bench today. He has been an integral part of the Brechin team that tops Ayr's division, would have been the perfect game to ease him in. Let's face it Grounds is pretty bloody average and is on his way shortly anyway. Wouldn't be be better off giving the lad an opportunity given that he is the future and needs the games? It didn't benefit us one iota playing Grounds today. A strange decision. Maybe we can throw Booth in against Celtic next week if Grounds is recalled!!!

sahib
08-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Everbody at that game should keep their ticket stubs and they should be guaranteed a cup final ticket ( in the unlikely event we get through). Where were the all glory hunting barstewards.
This forum is in danger of becoming a platform for people espousing reasons why not to turn up at matches. I can understand people feeling that they can't be bothered but why justify it on here and pull everyone down.

1875 NO 1
08-01-2011, 07:08 PM
people have other things to spend thier time and money on.

I've been all over the world watching hibs. 10 seasons without missing a game.

i wont be back till things improve and petrie GTF.

Empty seats will force Petrie to act as it devalues his 10% stake.

Phil D. Rolls
08-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Yes, enough is enough, but we hope to see a big support at Somerset Park, and anybody who isn't there is not a real Hibby. It says here.

seanraff07
08-01-2011, 07:11 PM
I didn't make it today but i'll be at the replay and i'll be back at ER every other week this season. It's got to the stage where i amn't as gutted after abysmal performances because i've became that used to it.

Results don't affect whether i go to Hibs games or not, it's whether i can afford it or not and when i can i will go.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
people have other things to spend thier time and money on.

I've been all over the world watching hibs. 10 seasons without missing a game.

i wont be back till things improve and petrie GTF.

Empty seats will force Petrie to act as it devalues his 10% stake.

The money aspect has never come into question.... Just find the OP laughable saying the "faithful" voted with there feet....... Irony at its best

Removed
08-01-2011, 07:25 PM
The money aspect has never come into question.... Just find the OP laughable saying the "faithful" voted with there feet....... Irony at its best

C'mon you know Toaods. It's a clever title and yes its irony.

Would you class me as one of the "faithful"?

PaulSmith
08-01-2011, 07:26 PM

The OP has maybe used the wrong words, in your eyes anyways, but I think the point is obvious and valid. 4,500 Hibs fans at the game today, probably about half actually paid to get in today as opposed to cup top ups.
That scares the **** out of me and it should do every Hibs fan.

hibeedonald
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Reckon that was the last game i will attend this season. I've got a season ticket so voting with my feet won't damage the club financially this season but i just can't sit through another week of this rubbish.

Before the uber fans start i have done my time watching bad Hibs teams. 2-6 against Motherwell, 1-5 v Hertz, 0-7 v Rangers and 0-3 v Raith are particular lowlights that i have had the misfortune to witness. This is the first time i have honestly felt like not going back. The closest i got was after Ross County away last season but this time my mind is pretty much made up.

well if you dont want it... :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
The OP has maybe used the wrong words, in your eyes anyways, but I think the point is obvious and valid. 4,500 Hibs fans at the game today, probably about half actually paid to get in today as opposed to cup top ups.
That scares the **** out of me and it should do every Hibs fan.

Paul it should scare the hell out of the Board, and I seriously hope they took notice....It is the penny pinching and lack of team investment that has taken its toll....

tony
08-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I think its difficult, though understandable, to just concentrate on our team, bad as they are. Scottish football supporters across the country are being asked to pay good money to watch the worst football we have probably ever witnessed. Hibs are bad and clueless within a system which is bad, clueless and useless. We cannot pay for decent players, continue to play journeymen out of fear, and leave our young talent to wither on the bench or on loan. Our football stinks, Hibs and every other team in Scotland. Fans not turning up is happening across the board. Thank god for the 10 team league solution. That'll save us :rolleyes:

I love football. I love Hibs, but this excuse for football is something I, and others can and will do without. My son and I spoke about going today for about 10 seconds. And went shopping instead.

CC was well known in England as a dour, defensive minded coach. What we need at this time, across scotland, are coaches like Ian Holloway or Owen Coyle, guys prepared to give players the chance to play football the way it should always be played (Holloway at around a tenth of the budget of everyone else in his league)

At least we then can enjoy the games a bit as Scottish Football slips below the waves......who knows it might even save it.

This **** won't.

Toaods
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
just checked paddy power website - hibs 11/1 to finish bottom

not like the bookies to be so generous!!!!!!

..or wrong.

Brockie, I know you always take the bait on such comments or phrases but today's pathetic attendance speaks volumes.

The Hibs 'faithfull' is the general body of fans who re season ticket holders or go literally every week, that defines our faithfull or regular crowd - simple as that.

I'm not looking to get involved in a mudslinging verbal shhot-out with people like yourself, who basically never miss a game (and credit to you for it) but I'm afraid your dedicated bunch won't pay for the club on your own.

Take it as read, the vast majority of the club's support have today chucked it with this bunch whether you agree or not. Read about it starting tomorrow in any media outlet.

Crowds for home games will be down on our side until it looks like CC or A N Other get this shambles back on track.

PaulSmith
08-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Paul it should scare the hell out of the Board, and I seriously hope they took notice....It is the penny pinching and lack of team investment that has taken its toll....

I agree on both counts

Toaods
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Petrie will know when he signs off the payments to the SFA and AUFC and sees whats left to cover the weekly wages, costs and then a loss on the replay regardless of result.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Petrie will know when he signs off the payments to the SFA and AUFC and sees whats left to cover the weekly wages, costs and then a loss on the replay regardless of result.

Well I hope it is a wake up call......This Season is not acceptable for a Club like Hibernian, and far too many players not playing for the jersey.......

I am also hearing of a bust up Today between player and manager, so this sorry season just keeps getting better and better.....

I hope Petrie, Linsay, Highland et al, have as many sleepness nights as I am getting, but I seriously doubt it..... Every board member should be scared at this moment in time.....

down the slope
08-01-2011, 07:52 PM

Petrie is destroying our club , if a crowd of 6,000 is not enough indication of this then i despair of our future, i mentioned in a thread a few days ago when we last had a chairman of similar vein we were down to crowds of 3,000 or so. How far do we have to sink with this balloon at the helm before the penny drops ?, while our club is in terminal decline this arse is busy voting to return us to a ten team league as if there was nothing wrong at ER. A word to the wise Rod , we will not be in the league that you are voting for !.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Well I hope it is a wake up call......This Season is not acceptable for a Club like Hibernian, and far too many players not playing for the jersey.......

I am also hearing of a bust up Today between player and manager, so this sorry season just keeps getting better and better.....

I hope Petrie, Linsay, Highland et al, have as many sleepness nights as I am getting, but I seriously doubt it..... Every board member should be scared at this moment in time.....

Last season was not acceptable either, what is an acceptable season now at easter road?

Ray_
08-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Last season was not acceptable either, what is an acceptable season now at easter road?

Football is a spectator sport & therefore people expect to be entertained, so lets start there!

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Why always be a smart erse?

down the slope
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM

If you thought last season was acceptable then you must be married to John Hughes !.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Why always be a smart erse?

Why am i being a smart arse? We rarely qualify for europe through our league position

If you thought last season was acceptable then you must be married to John Hughes !.

What is acceptable now at easter road? What is a successful season these days?

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Why am i being a smart arse? We rarely qualify for europe through our league position

What is acceptable now at easter road? What is a successful season these days?

Sorry I am being touchy tonight.....

We got 4th spot after a fashion. I expect top 6 every season at least, Europe every two years, and good Scottish Cup runs...... I thought we were poor last Season, this Season we are worse by ten.... Funny old game.....

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Sorry I am being touchy tonight.....

We got 4th spot after a fashion. I expect top 6 every season at least, Europe every two years, and good Scottish Cup runs...... I thought we were poor last Season, this Season we are worse by ten.... Funny old game.....

No problem. Top 6 with Mixu was not good enough, 4th with Yogi was not either. When we get those finishes, we are still not happy, and create undue pressure on the club. I expect a european fight every season, and cup runs depending on draws. Where i disagree about last season was being poor, from august to february, IMO we were fine, but have been poor since. CC if he had anything about him, should have made a difference, look at Aberdeen. Yogi was the devil, his team selections, interviews, tactics training, everything he did was wrong. All we needed was someone who knew what they were doing. :confused:

Ray_
08-01-2011, 08:33 PM
No problem. Top 6 with Mixu was not good enough, 4th with Yogi was not either. When we get those finishes, we are still not happy, and create undue pressure on the club. I expect a european fight every season, and cup runs depending on draws. Where i disagree about last season was being poor, from august to february, IMO we were fine, but have been poor since. CC if he had anything about him, should have made a difference, look at Aberdeen. Yogi was the devil, his team selections, interviews, tactics training, everything he did was wrong. All we needed was someone who knew what they were doing. :confused:

The scores were fine Aug to Feb last year, but they weren't matched by the performances, which was stated by many at the time. The fact that the same players went into freefall during 2010, would give credence to that observation.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2011, 08:33 PM

I don't want to start CC bashing just yet, but he makes to many wholesale changes from game to game, and does not appear to know his preferred starting 11, however every single player needs to ask themself if they think they are trying 100% during each game. I think there is a fundamental flaw with regards to players attitudes, and I think we have became worse as each week passes...Do the players have enough to turn it around?

GreenCastle
08-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Football is a spectator sport & therefore people expect to be entertained, so lets start there!

This has been severely lacking.

Players the fans can relate to.

Players that get us off the seats.

Players that try and look bothered.

A manager who tries to get us playing good football - not just hoofball which becomes so predictable.

The entertainment is really missing at ER - many supporters go and come away very angry and hurt.

Not expecting an unbeaten side - just more wins than 2 since Nov :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 08:37 PM
The scores were fine Aug to Feb last year, but they weren't matched by the performances, which was stated by many at the time. The fact that the same players went into freefall during 2010, would give credence to that observation.

Here we go again. :faf: Which games are you on about? And are we the only sides in the world who might win a game against the run of play?

Ray_
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Here we go again. :faf: Which games are you on about? And are we the only sides in the world who might win a game against the run of play?

If you care to analyse what has happened since then it is pretty obvious that spell merely papered over the cracks. Rather than push us on to greater and better things, we have ended up where we are now, what may I ask is so funny about that?

JohnScott
08-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Big downer coming on here nowadays. Doesn't help either reading posts from pedantic smart-*****!

I will say this about the attendance though. Too much is being made about how low today's gate was. If you take the time to look at today's fixtures you'll see it wasn't just Hibs but nationwide. Clutching at straws for positives I know but take a look.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
If you care to analyse what has happened since then it is pretty obvious that spell merely papered over the cracks. Rather than push us on to greater and better things, we have ended up where we are now, what may I ask is so funny about that?

Since the middle of february, we have been dire. No argument there. From the beginning of august last season, to the middle of february, we deserved to be where we were. Apart from one or two games, we won them all fair and square. I'd bet other clubs won games they perhaps did not deserve to, but it all evens itself out as they say.

Ray_
08-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Since the middle of february, we have been dire. No argument there. From the beginning of august last season, to the middle of february, we deserved to be where we were. Apart from one or two games, we won them all fair and square. I'd bet other clubs won games they perhaps did not deserve to, but it all evens itself out as they say.

So if we were as good as you say we were, how did the same team end up so poor?

muirhousehibby
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM

i agree ray.

We lost a couple at xmas time but picked up a few wins/draws till end of jan. In february we went into free fall. we only won 3 games from then untill the end of season.
just because we finished 4th doesn't really paint the picture,it just hides the fact we started the season off to a flyer.

Sadly we have not recoverd..

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM

Where did i say we were that good? I said we were good value for our wins when we won? As for whats gone wrong, players sold, injuries, poor form. They are all causes imo. :dunno:

7Hero
08-01-2011, 09:18 PM
overall the club has proved over the last few years it doesn't care about or indeed know how to improve matters on the pitch. id rather have the old east and no training facility to have sauzee, latapy et al back in the team...sad days indeed, we didnt need training academy or a new east when we won trophies..

Andy74
08-01-2011, 09:25 PM

Zemmama got injured as did mcbride. Bamba went away for a month and came back a nightmare. The East Stand got ripped out. Stack got injured. The pitches were a nightmare, ours was the worst. The squad didn't have players to cope with it.

All that led to a loss of form and confidence.

This year we got the European games badly wrong. We started brilliantly against Motherwell, played okay against Rangers and were shocking at st mirren on transfer deadline weekend. We then sold our main striker and his replacement was injured.

Fans force a change and here we are. The poor home draws we got early season have given way to never looking like beating a second division team.

You can swap all that for Hughes signings, tactics, formations, interviews and being either a bully or too friendly with players if you like but l'm not really buying that. Calderwood hasn't really sorted all the easy stuff that was meant to be wrong and the focus has now moved to the squad being the worst ever which wasn't the charge when Hughes was actually here. Stuff about it just becoming apparent now are nonsense.

I'd love someone to tell me even a little thing that's been achieved by changing manager?

3pm
08-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Zemmama got injured as did mcbride. Bamba went away for a month and came back a nightmare. The East Stand got ripped out. Stack got injured. The pitches were a nightmare, ours was the worst. The squad didn't have players to cope with it.

All that led to a loss of form and confidence.

This year we got the European games badly wrong. We started brilliantly against Motherwell, played okay against Rangers and were shocking at st mirren on transfer deadline weekend. We then sold our main striker and his replacement was injured.

Fans force a change and here we are. The poor home draws we got early season have given way to never looking like beating a second division team.

You can swap all that for Hughes signings, tactics, formations, interviews and being either a bully or too friendly with players if you like but l'm not really buying that. Calderwood hasn't really sorted all the easy stuff that was meant to be wrong and the focus has now moved to the squad being the worst ever which wasn't the charge when Hughes was actually here. Stuff about it just becoming apparent now are nonsense.

I'd love someone to tell me even a little thing that's been achieved by changing manager?

I keep on hearing 'what's been achieved?'. You think we should have stuck with Hughes? Calderwood hasn't created a good impression but that's not an argument for keeping Hughes.

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
When are we as fans going to take responsibility for what is happening at the club?

We are happy to blame one manager then another, then the players, then the board and the owner, and then all of them at the same time.

When are we going to take some responsibility for our fickleness? The team is not doing well so some fans turn there back on them, don’t bother with going to games, happy to see our crowds drop, constant booing, hammering of our own players.

Our expectations and demands have cost decent managers their jobs, our ability to just stop supporting our team by not attending has prompted our chairman to jump in an empty them at every time of asking.

Why should players/managers care when so many fans don’t, why should the players/manager turn up when the fans don’t, why should the players/manager show loyalty when the fans don’t.

I am under no illusion here, we are a fickle bunch (perhaps all football fans are, I don’t know I have only ever supported one team), increased crowds when we are winning, pack out hampden for the big days, but when we are down so many of us are away.

I appreciate I will take a verbal beating for this, but quite frankly I do not give a &&&&, at times as a support we are embarrassing and it is about time we realised that we have had a role to play in where our club currently is – would we be better off if we had kept Mixu or Yogi, would we have a team based on what one manager wanted to do, rather than a series of individual buys being scrapped together to try and find a team?

I guess we will never know, and whilst I acknowledge we are nowhere close to blame for everything there is no doubt in my mind that we are a part of it.

scotty1875
08-01-2011, 10:02 PM
overall the club has proved over the last few years it doesn't care about or indeed know how to improve matters on the pitch. id rather have the old east and no training facility to have sauzee, latapy et al back in the team...sad days indeed, we didnt need training academy or a new east

Spot on.

A beautiful stadium that is heading to be only a quarter full - but the board anticipate income from European / Scotland matches - aye right.

I'm struggling to remember a more talentless (Riordan & Zouma excepted) and unfit squad - who's the sprint coach at East Mains - Jarkko Wiss?

7Hero
08-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Big downer coming on here nowadays. Doesn't help either reading posts from pedantic smart-*****!

I will say this about the attendance though. Too much is being made about how low today's gate was. If you take the time to look at today's fixtures you'll see it wasn't just Hibs but nationwide. Clutching at straws for positives I know but take a look.

john its depressing as **** following hibs, dont tell me it isn't, you dont expect the fans to be happy do you ?

Iggy Pope
08-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Hiya D.
Great thread. Well done. Those plums over on kickback that you love 'baiting' so much will find this right up their dirty wee street, especially with you delivering it so 'firmly' and all.
You must be so proud but hopefully our paltry wee 5000-odd can look forward to seeing you and all of these other atrocitised (and suddenly skint) Hibbys soon.

Gatecrasher
08-01-2011, 10:48 PM
When are we as fans going to take responsibility for what is happening at the club?

We are happy to blame one manager then another, then the players, then the board and the owner, and then all of them at the same time.

When are we going to take some responsibility for our fickleness? The team is not doing well so some fans turn there back on them, don’t bother with going to games, happy to see our crowds drop, constant booing, hammering of our own players.

Our expectations and demands have cost decent managers their jobs, our ability to just stop supporting our team by not attending has prompted our chairman to jump in an empty them at every time of asking.

Why should players/managers care when so many fans don’t, why should the players/manager turn up when the fans don’t, why should the players/manager show loyalty when the fans don’t.

I am under no illusion here, we are a fickle bunch (perhaps all football fans are, I don’t know I have only ever supported one team), increased crowds when we are winning, pack out hampden for the big days, but when we are down so many of us are away.

I appreciate I will take a verbal beating for this, but quite frankly I do not give a &&&&, at times as a support we are embarrassing and it is about time we realised that we have had a role to play in where our club currently is – would we be better off if we had kept Mixu or Yogi, would we have a team based on what one manager wanted to do, rather than a series of individual buys being scrapped together to try and find a team?

I guess we will never know, and whilst I acknowledge we are nowhere close to blame for everything there is no doubt in my mind that we are a part of it.

the fans can only do so much, but i agree in general with what your saying :agree:

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 10:55 PM

Are we really that different from other fans?

The OF are down about 10k each for home games, the Arabs post 3rd and SC win are down 10%. The Sheep fans are doing similar to us ..

HFC 0-7
08-01-2011, 10:58 PM
People are definately voting with their feet now and IMO its because of the lack of transfer activity. People on here have said they dont want to rush into things, but CC should have been looking at a lot of people to bring in as soon as the window opens. Delaying bringing in players could be the reason we get relegated. Teams in recent year have been relegated after being 2 or 3 points adrift, if that happens to Hibs I bet everyone would wish we got active in the transfer window a bit quicker.

Hibs are at the moment, we all know that, but today saw a bad performance by Hibs current standards which can only make things worse for the board if they want fans to start returning to ER.

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 11:00 PM

The OF are down about 10k each for home games, the Arabs post 3rd and SC win are down 10%. The Sheep fans are doing similar to us ..

As I say mate really dont know how other teams and fans react. I do remember watching fulham V man city the other week and at something like 4 nil down, not a Fulham fan in the house was leaving there seat. Imagine the same scenario at ER, what do you think our fans would be doing?

If DUFC are down 10% i think we are more like 50% if one of the other posts of circa 6,500 at todays game is right.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM

Hiya D.
Great thread. Well done. Those plums over on kickback that you love 'baiting' so much will find this right up their dirty wee street, especially with you delivering it so 'firmly' and all.
You must be so proud but hopefully our paltry wee 5000-odd can look forward to seeing you and all of these other atrocitised (and suddenly skint) Hibbys soon.

I think the Yams are laughing regardless of posts on here ..

Is the bit in bold a real word? What does it mean?

Toaods
08-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I've gave up over the there, it's like taking on a machine gun with a pea shooter. I may venture down to me prepaid seat for the Celtic game but maybe not, sometimes it's not worth the self-inflicted near cardiac arrest when some of those on the park aren't worth getting out your bed for.

Franck Stanton
08-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Now what I am about to post hurts but I feel must be said in the hope the board read these threads -
I am 58yrs of age and have been a season ticket holder for 53 of them. Yes I have witnessed GREAT teams, famous 5, Turnbulls Tornadoes, [ Both TRULY GREAT TEAMS], & some really bad ones - Miller, Blobby eras [ still have nightmares about them], was at Every game during season we were last relegated, [both home and away]................But this shower we have representing my club just now are, without doubt, THE WORST IN OUR HALLOWED PROUD HISTORY. A COMPLETE clearout is required and I mean a COMPLETE clearout. There is no commitment to the cause, desire to win, pride in the jersey etc etc etc. I GENUINLY believe that if CC went to the stands and picked 11 suporters at random and played them they would put up a better display - no they wouldn't win either but at least they would be committed to the cause & play with a bit of passion. Please Petrie, if you do read these forums, release some decent money to let CC build a team - you appointed him so do the decent thing & back him. Just think how much the club will lose if, [ & is more like WHEN ], we are relegated at end of season, so come on, BACK YOUR MANAGER NOW.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2011, 11:11 PM
I think the Yams are laughing regardless of posts on here ..

Is the bit in bold a real word? What does it mean?

Atrocity?
Life? Sheltered?

Iggy Pope
08-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I've gave up over the there, it's like taking on a machine gun with a pea shooter. I may venture down to me prepaid seat for the Celtic game but maybe not, sometimes it's not worth the self-inflicted near cardiac arrest when some of those on the park aren't worth getting out your bed for.

Hmmmm. Old age not coming easy then, or have me and you been watching some kind of universally paralleled Hibs these past 40 years or so?

Iggy Pope
08-01-2011, 11:19 PM

That might depend on whether you go now and again.
Was the golf on today?

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 11:35 PM
That might depend on whether you go now and again.
Was the golf on today?

Nae golf today. Took my son to a local game as I'd business both pre and post the match and couldnt have made it to ER. Thanks for asking.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Atrocity?
Life? Sheltered?

atrocity (əˈtrɒsɪtɪ)

— n , pl -ties
1. behaviour or an action that is wicked or ruthless
2. the fact or quality of being atrocious
3. ( usually plural ) acts of extreme cruelty, esp against prisoners or civilians in wartime

I confused now

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Nae golf today. Took my son to a local game as I'd business both pre and post the match and couldnt have made it to ER. Thanks for asking.

Tannadice by any chance ?

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Tannadice by any chance ?

Business was in Angus and Dundee :cool2:

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Business was in Angus and Dundee :cool2:

Thought as much :agree:

Toaods
08-01-2011, 11:44 PM
atrocity (əˈtrɒsɪtɪ)

— n , pl -ties
3. ( usually plural ) acts of extreme cruelty, esp against prisoners or civilians in wartime

I confused now

...it feels like no3...:greengrin

Iggy Pope
08-01-2011, 11:44 PM
atrocity (əˈtrɒsɪtɪ)

— n , pl -ties

I confused now

Dearie me, you had to look it up, cut and paste it? Confusion comes easy.
Cruelty is not exclusive to acts of war old chap and can manifest in many forms.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Thought as much :agree:

'local' was a big hint. Well done :top marks

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Dearie me, you had to look it up, cut and paste it? Confusion comes easy.

Been a long day - just finished working in the last hour or so

Cruelty is not exclusive to acts of war old chap and can manifest in many forms.

Aye - I didnt get the context .. and "Life? Sheltered?" threw me too.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 11:49 PM
...it feels like no3...:greengrin

:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2011, 11:52 PM
'local' was a big hint. Well done :top marks

Woudn't have needed any hints though, as I reckon you are a pretty regular attendee at Tannadice :wink:

No need to be embarrased, you could just have said up front that you were at Tannadice, as opposed to a "local game". :cool2:

Iggy Pope
08-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Been a long day - just finished working in the last hour or so

Aye - I didnt get the context .. and "Life? Sheltered?" threw me too.

Only a sheltered life could not comprehend atrocity but I never accounted for your obvious endeavour leading to your exhaustion.
Must be all that business that you fill your Saturdays with. God only knows how you fit the Hibs in, really.

PS
See yer wee avatar - never a Stanton jersey really was it? Testimonial at a stretch, but even then very inaccurate. Does in not warrant a wee bit of photoshopping?

IWasThere2016
09-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Only a sheltered life could not comprehend atrocity but I never accounted for your obvious endeavour leading to your exhaustion.
Must be all that business that you fill your Saturdays with. God only knows how you fit the Hibs in, really.

I get ye now.

It's no golf - no matter how often I tell ye I don't golf on a Saturday! :wink: :greengrin

I'll be at Tannadice on 30 Jan, Perth on 5 March and Sheepyland in April - hope to see you there :cool2:

PS
See yer wee avatar - never a Stanton jersey really was it? Testimonial at a stretch, but even then very inaccurate. Does in not warrant a wee bit of photoshopping?

It's swiped from a boy on the Bounce .. I'll ask him to amend it :wink: :greengrin Trust you mean the collar

Toaods
09-01-2011, 12:11 AM
It's swiped from a boy on the Bounce .. I'll ask him to amend it :wink: :greengrin Trust you mean the collar

I've never paid much attention to it before but now we've turned on you.

.. is the head not facing the wrong side for the volley...:confused:

Iggy Pope
09-01-2011, 12:12 AM
I get ye now.

It's no golf - no matter how often I tell ye I don't golf on a Saturday! :wink: :greengrin

I'll be at Tannadice on 30 Jan, Perth on 5 March and Sheepyland in April - hope to see you there :cool2:

Good grief.
Try Somerset a week on Wednesday - the bridge is free now you know.

Plagiarism then blame. What a diamond you are. Or you would be if you could find Airdrie.

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2011, 12:16 AM
I've never paid much attention to it before but now we've turned on you.

.. is the head not facing the wrong side for the volley...:confused:

St. Pat didn't need to look where he was hitting the ball :confused:

Iggy Pope
09-01-2011, 12:18 AM

Agreed - and he always wore the right shirt
:cool2:

Toaods
09-01-2011, 12:25 AM

What about 'St' Edwin.....everyone usually has to have a look once he's volleyed it.

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2011, 12:26 AM
What about 'St' Edwin.....everyone usually has to have a look once he's volleyed it.

Must've missed that one....:wink:

IWasThere2016
09-01-2011, 12:28 AM
:faf: Never noticed he wasnae looking!

Working late a week on Wednesday as it happens - would you like to see my diary?

IWasThere2016
09-01-2011, 12:29 AM

reservoir hibee
09-01-2011, 12:41 AM
sorry for this but im not having a go at you personally just your post......here goes:greengrin

erm sorry but is it our responsibilty as fans/supporters and people who pay for this service (ie customers/consumers)?

because we have that right as the paying customer to voice our opinion surely

we can be as "fickle" as we like,as said above we are paying customers of this product/service if your bank or mobile phone or your car or your computer or tv/sky package or gas or electricty was not working to the standards required would you just grin and bear it or would you...

a.contact who provided you with the product or service to try and gain an improvment of said product or service??
b.change the supplier of your product or service? (a luxury football fans do not have!!!!

so what your saying is my mobile phone (as an example) could be rubbish and im not happy with it but have the option to change it and can improve my service but i should choose to continue PAYING for something i dont want or can change

unfortunatley we as hibs/football fans cannot change our team but we can save ourselves the anguish and pain or even just the financial respite of spending money on what we regard ,in our own opinions as individuals, as something not worth spending money on

decent managers maybe.....maybe not but this is the nature of this sport and any business good managers come and go in every walk of life. depending on your point of view football is good/bad because it is a very obvious and public arena which is results orientated our expectations are bit as individuals and as a collective group of hibernian fans. we have the right to expect and demand what we want especially considering how much money/time/emotion we put into this product/service

this ones easy they are paid to...and very well in my opinion and its a matter of proffesional pride as it is in any job

and they are footballers!!! if the dont care about "the everyday fan" then give nay number of guys that post on here a go and im sure you might (or you might :wink:) not see the skill or fitness level but you would certainley see the pride passion and enthuisasm and effort that there should be to pull on the jersey of the team we all love!!! i dont know abou tyou but i would love to play just one game for hibs and would run myself into the ground because i would probably never get a game again!:greengrin

my impression is most football clubs havea section of fans which are as you say fickle... i would prefer to say that we/they/you/i go when we feel the love for it and dont when we dont sometimes we even go when we don't i know i have on numerous occasions!!

appreciate I will take a verbal beating for this, but quite frankly I do not give a &&&&, at times as a support we are embarrassing and it is about time we realised that we have had a role to play in where our club currently is – would we be better off if we had kept Mixu or Yogi, would we have a team based on what one manager wanted to do, rather than a series of individual buys being scrapped together to try and find a team?

not sure what point your trying to make here...we can be the 12th man yea but we can also voice our frustrations and anger

thats our right as the paying customer/fan/supporter/contributer????

Iggy Pope
09-01-2011, 12:42 AM
:faf: Never noticed he wasnae looking!

Working late a week on Wednesday as it happens - would you like to see my diary?

See post #106.
It's a busy fool that works so hard he can't be fitting his beloved team in. Even now and again. Even living miles and miles and miles away in the frozen north like you do, all those 40-odd miles away, stranded with nought but the tangible grasp of the fans forum to keep abreast.

F*k me you could just about get one of these >>>:taxi

DoonTheSlope
09-01-2011, 12:45 AM
I had a chat with Lawrie Reilly at the last home league game. THE Hibernian legend stated and I quote... I don't know why I bother coming to Easter Road anymore.

This from probably the best Hibernian player ever......he may be 80 or so but it told me a lot.

Oh I missed out our stadium is brilliant and we are in a strong financial position compared to other clubs in the SPL.

Give me peace.

IWasThere2016
09-01-2011, 01:13 AM
See post #106.
It's a busy fool that works so hard he can't be fitting his beloved team in. Even now and again. Even living miles and miles and miles away in the frozen north like you do, all those 40-odd miles away, stranded with nought but the tangible grasp of the fans forum to keep abreast.

F*k me you could just about get one of these >>>:taxi

:faf: So wide of the mark

I just love how my whereabouts is of such interest to you - and you call me a fool! Hilarious :faf:

"40-odd mile" :faf: Am I getting a shot of Vlad's sub :faf:

Trust we're no meeting up in Aberdeen then? :faf:

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
sorry for this but im not having a go at you personally just your post......here goes:greengrin

erm sorry but is it our responsibilty as fans/supporters and people who pay for this service (ie customers/consumers)?

because we have that right as the paying customer to voice our opinion surely

we can be as "fickle" as we like,as said above we are paying customers of this product/service if your bank or mobile phone or your car or your computer or tv/sky package or gas or electricty was not working to the standards required would you just grin and bear it or would you...

a.contact who provided you with the product or service to try and gain an improvment of said product or service??
b.change the supplier of your product or service? (a luxury football fans do not have!!!!

so what your saying is my mobile phone (as an example) could be rubbish and im not happy with it but have the option to change it and can improve my service but i should choose to continue PAYING for something i dont want or can change

unfortunatley we as hibs/football fans cannot change our team but we can save ourselves the anguish and pain or even just the financial respite of spending money on what we regard ,in our own opinions as individuals, as something not worth spending money on

decent managers maybe.....maybe not but this is the nature of this sport and any business good managers come and go in every walk of life. depending on your point of view football is good/bad because it is a very obvious and public arena which is results orientated our expectations are bit as individuals and as a collective group of hibernian fans. we have the right to expect and demand what we want especially considering how much money/time/emotion we put into this product/service

this ones easy they are paid to...and very well in my opinion and its a matter of proffesional pride as it is in any job

and they are footballers!!! if the dont care about "the everyday fan" then give nay number of guys that post on here a go and im sure you might (or you might :wink:) not see the skill or fitness level but you would certainley see the pride passion and enthuisasm and effort that there should be to pull on the jersey of the team we all love!!! i dont know abou tyou but i would love to play just one game for hibs and would run myself into the ground because i would probably never get a game again!:greengrin

my impression is most football clubs havea section of fans which are as you say fickle... i would prefer to say that we/they/you/i go when we feel the love for it and dont when we dont sometimes we even go when we don't i know i have on numerous occasions!!

not sure what point your trying to make here...we can be the 12th man yea but we can also voice our frustrations and anger

thats our right as the paying customer/fan/supporter/contributer????

One thing that is pretty clear from your post is that you make watching the football team you support sound like going for an afternoon shopping. Football teams dont come with guarantees.

You have however made it quite clear that you agree with people not turning up, not just not turning up but say 50% down on where we may have been - i.e. half of our support just turn away, come may next year if we got to a final, how many people do you think would be there.

You talk about the easy one being managers and players turning up because they get paid and a matter of "pride" it would appear you dont expect the fans to turn up and show the same "pride".

You dont seem to have addressed the point about us getting rid of managers and how that could be just as signifant as anything. For what it is worth, it is eveident to me the constant changing in managers has played a huge part in that.

As I dont have the IT ability to copy your post with mine I can really look at it any better. I would finish by saying;

A football team is not like a mobile phone, it does not come with a guarantee. You say you would not expect to pay for it if it was not working, but I would ask you, if your phone/team started to perform miles above the level you "expect", it found itself at the top of the phone performance league and in the semi-final and then final of the phone awards - would you expect, be happy to pay more for it?

Kato
09-01-2011, 11:21 AM

We got rid of the trumpet who signed most of the non-trying dross who laughably call themselves footballers.