PDA

View Full Version : Players out of contract = No fight.

Thecat23
08-01-2011, 04:00 PM
For me the problem could be letting so many players run the contracts down. Yes you could say bin them all now they are gash. But would this team be this bad if Petrie would offer them a contract and not leave alot of them in limbo? Just a thought?

Either way, Hibs are shocking and i pray Petrie sells Hibs he's done great off the park but now its time for a football man in and invest something into the team and fast.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-01-2011, 04:03 PM
but now its time for a football man in and invest something into the team and fast.[/QUOTE]

What he says.....period!

Hibs90
08-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Agree with the sentence. Football man needed immediately. :agree:

Cropley10
08-01-2011, 04:04 PM
It was all part of Yogi and the Boss' plan... apparently. Get a whole new team in the Summer.

Spike Mandela
For me the problem could be letting so many players run the contracts down. Yes you could say bin them all now they are gash. But would this team be this bad if Petrie would offer them a contract and not leave alot of them in limbo? Just a thought?

Either way, Hibs are shocking and i pray Petrie sells Hibs he's done great off the park but now its time for a football man in and invest something into the team and fast.

You may have a point but surely a player has personal professional ambition and would want to win the Scottish Cup and play well whether he had a contract lined up or not.:confused:

stubru59
This was always going to be a problem. That we end up fighting relegation with a bunch of nondescript / non-interested players.

matty_f
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM

this bunch of players have never had any fight. the dressing room is full of losers.

We desperately need some characters in that dressing room who are leaders, who take responsibility, and who make things happen.

We should have been able to play without a manager today and win.

Nothing to do with people going out of contract, everything to do with the pitiful lack of spirit, fight, character and desire in that team. Been like that for far too long. Nobody desperately wants to win. They might try hard but they lack that fundamental will to win.

seriously think this might be the single most pathetic hibs team I have ever seen.

Thecat23
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM
You may have a point but surely a player has personal professional ambition and would want to win the Scottish Cup and play well whether he had a contract lined up or not.:confused:

You would think so but on evidence of this.. that lot have no interest at all.

CiscoKid
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I think having so many players with expiring contracts is a big part of the problem, I'm petrified of relegation because I can't handle a season in the wilderness but these guys have nothing to fear they will not be at Easter Road anyway.

What should be the positive is that we could be tying up players we want to bring in on expiring contracts but who is going to want to sign for us when we are bottom 6 and playing garbage.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 04:35 PM
See if you might be out of work in the summer but could try and impress a new boss and keep your job do you think you'd do it? Or would you just resign yourself to being out of a job in a couple of months?

Thecat23
08-01-2011, 04:50 PM
See if you might be out of work in the summer but could try and impress a new boss and keep your job do you think you'd do it? Or would you just resign yourself to being out of a job in a couple of months?

Not if you have an ego and think you could get work no problem, that's what seems to be going on down ER. They just aren't fighting now and it's Petrie and Hughes that's done this. Its madness to let so many run down at once.

matty_f
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Not if you have an ego and think you could get work no problem, that's what seems to be going on down ER. They just aren't fighting now and it's Petrie and Hughes that's done this. Its madness to let so many run down at once.

It isn't madness - these players are pish, are you suggesting that we should keep them longer?:confused:

The players are paid a very handsome wage, there shouldn't be any question about a lack of fight, and to be honest they look like they're trying most of the time.

The biggest problem is that there are no winners in the team just now. From back to front we've nobody that desperately wants to be a success. Everyone appears content with mediocrity. Today it seemed like we accepted very early on that we'd probably be on the end of a bad result, and without someone in the team to refuse to accept that, surprise surprise it happened.

Golden Bear
08-01-2011, 05:09 PM
this bunch of players have never had any fight. the dressing room is full of losers.

We desperately need some characters in that dressing room who are leaders, who take responsibility, and who make things happen.

Nothing to do with people going out of contract, everything to do with the pitiful lack of spirit, fight, character and desire in that team. Been like that for far too long. Nobody desperately wants to win. They might try hard but they lack that fundamental will to win.

seriously think this might be the single most pathetic hibs team I have ever seen.

Spot on Mattie. You're on fire tonight.

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 05:09 PM

I think you are bang on. There is always going to be the mindset that players are playing to get a new contract however I think the majority of them realise they are not. If we were sitting pretty in the league and doing well they may think they have a chance but given our league position I think they know they are going to be looking elsewhere.

The problem that brings is, loss of focus and a lack of willingness to grab hold of a game. What player is going to risk getting injured when they have 5 months of a contract left with no alternative employment lined up. Equally those who may have signed pre contracts will be thinking about keeping themselves fit and injury free for there new club, or the one they are returning to from loan etc.

PaulSmith
08-01-2011, 05:14 PM

And the ones identified do not get sanctioned by the Board.

Devine
08-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I think you are bang on. There is always going to be the mindset that players are playing to get a new contract however I think the majority of them realise they are not. If we were sitting pretty in the league and doing well they may think they have a chance but given our league position I think they know they are going to be looking elsewhere.

The problem that brings is, loss of focus and a lack of willingness to grab hold of a game. What player is going to risk getting injured when they have 5 months of a contract left with no alternative employment lined up. Equally those who may have signed pre contracts will be thinking about keeping themselves fit and injury free for there new club, or the one they are returning to from loan etc.

I agree with bits of what you have said although the lack of fight from them is simply not acceptable. If these guys believe they can run down their contracts stay fit and be picked up by a bigger or similar club then they are living in cloud cuckoo land. 90% of these huddys should realise they aint going to get a contract or club as big as they have now and pull their fingers out their arse and prove they are worth a new deal.

EasterRoad4Ever
08-01-2011, 05:23 PM

Compare this bunch of whinging losers (yes, Nish that includes you) with the number of "winners" we had under McLeish. Yes, some were class acts but we must have had 7 or 8 natural leaders and character in that team - the kind of team that could go a goal down in a Derby and them smack the yams erses for 6 for being so impertinent.

matty_f
08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
And the ones identified do not get sanctioned by the Board.

Such as?

Compare this bunch of whinging losers (yes, Nish that includes you) with the number of "winners" we had under McLeish. Yes, some were class acts but we must have had 7 or 8 natural leaders and character in that team - the kind of team that could go a goal down in a Derby and them smack the yams erses for 6 for being so impertinent.

:agree:

Twiglet
08-01-2011, 05:34 PM
IMO I only saw 3 players trying today Thicot, Galbraith and Duffy. The rest looked like they couldn't be bothered.

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I agree with bits of what you have said although the lack of fight from them is simply not acceptable. If these guys believe they can run down their contracts stay fit and be picked up by a bigger or similar club then they are living in cloud cuckoo land. 90% of these huddys should realise they aint going to get a contract or club as big as they have now and pull their fingers out their arse and prove they are worth a new deal.

I agree that lack of fight is not acceptable. But looking at it from the livelihood point of view, I think they will know they are not going to get a bigger club, but equally they are not going to be staying on at Hibs.

If say in my job I knew I was getting emptied in the summer, but someone who I worked with a year ago thought I was decent, and whilst I may still be getting emptied they are still interested in taking me on. Say as part of my job I had to be active, would I risk getting injured next week, still loose my job in the summer and at the same time my future employer turns round and says sorry we cant take you unless you can work.

Whilst I dont agree with it I think it it the risk of running down so many of the starting 11.

truehibernian
08-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Double egded sword really.

Today Galbraith, Thicot and Dickoh played (I think) like they wanted a new contract and kept plugging away. Brown's save at the end was top drawer and has kept us in the cup. A mention for Hanlon too as I thought he was Hibs top man.....covering first centre half then getting up the pitch into left mid.

As for Miller, McBride, Grounds.......utterly inept footballers who want about 5 minutes on the ball before choosing a pass.

Hibs problem, and it goes back to Hughes, is the sheer lack of pace and power in the side, and the total imbalance in the midfield.

Riordan looked like he was towing a tyre and couldn't brush aside a 2nd division full back when having a couple of yards start. Duffy looked off the pace (understandable). Zemmama......worst game from the wee man I have ever seen. Poor touch, not tracking, not marking, not trying. And Derek arguing with fans instead of facing play and getting dug in......sums up the Hibs side and effort.

Leaderless, rudderless, no pace, static, playing into trouble, terrible set pieces......oh and watch Hibs from now on when they have throw-in's......it's a set piece yet we never ever find our own man or when we do it's a poor touch back to the thrower.

We are destined for 1st Division football chums and chumettes. The team don't want to play for the jersey......it's that clear and obvious now.

RickyS
08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
This was always going to be a problem. That we end up fighting relegation with a bunch of nondescript / non-interested players.

They had a double whammy when CC arrived cos they had two opportunities

(1) impress the new gaffer and get a new deal
(2) impress visiting gaffers/scouts to get a club when your deal runs out

but from what I have seen this lot of ****ing charlatans fancy a career with the Royal Mail, how many will leave to earn a bigger salary? at a bigger club? two I reckon in Deek and Miller the rest have blown an opportunity to stay with a great club. well guess what, you can all ***** off I hope I never see any of you in a green jersey again.

Thecat23
08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
It isn't madness - these players are pish, are you suggesting that we should keep them longer?:confused:

The players are paid a very handsome wage, there shouldn't be any question about a lack of fight, and to be honest they look like they're trying most of the time.

The biggest problem is that there are no winners in the team just now. From back to front we've nobody that desperately wants to be a success. Everyone appears content with mediocrity. Today it seemed like we accepted very early on that we'd probably be on the end of a bad result, and without someone in the team to refuse to accept that, surprise surprise it happened.

Its not madness, no i don't think we should be keeping all of them but to let 16 players not have a clue if they will be kept on or not, are they thinking why should I bust a gut then get binned? Its bad for the dressing room to let that happen if you ask me.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Its not madness, no i don't think we should be keeping all of them but to let 16 players not have a clue if they will be kept on or not, are they thinking why should I bust a gut then get binned? Its bad for the dressing room to let that happen if you ask me.

Surely that's a loser's mentality.

I'd be thinking I'll bust a gut and get a new contract.

Thecat23
08-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Surely that's a loser's mentality.

I'd be thinking I'll bust a gut and get a new contract.

I agree mate it is.. that's why we are watching Hibs lose and draw more because we don't have anyone with a winning mentality. If it was me i'd be doing my 100% best for the team.

But would also be very unhappy if the manager and board didn't try sort my contract out. Wouldn't stop me trying though.

reservoir hibee
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Double egded sword really.

Leaderless, rudderless, no pace, static, playing into trouble, terrible set pieces......
We are destined for 1st Division football chums and chumettes. The team don't want to play for the jersey......it's that clear and obvious now.

this is painfull to read from all the way over here having not seen hibs really for over 2 years i think i might just keep travelling and enjoy the sunshine cos it certainly aint over leith

Thecat23
08-01-2011, 06:18 PM
this is painfull to read from all the way over here having not seen hibs really for over 2 years i think i might just keep travelling and enjoy the sunshine cos it certainly aint over leith

Mate i'd keep doing that, if i had the cash i'd go away from here it's freezing and Hibs are just terrible.