PDA

View Full Version : East Stand Cash Gates.

sambajustice
08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Those who were there will know what i'm talking about. I decided not to go in, can make better use of my fifteen bucks. Pretty much ten minutes into the game, big queues still outside and some smart erse somewhere thinks its alright to only have a few cash gates open! You'll be lucky if the ground is half full today and they're wanting to cram everyone into about 4 gates while the rest of them are all empty!

Aye right!

Littlest Hobo
08-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Those who were there will know what i'm talking about. I decided not to go in, can make better use of my fifteen bucks. Pretty much ten minutes into the game, big queues still outside and some smart erse somewhere thinks its alright to only have a few cash gates open! You'll be lucky if the ground is half full today and they're wanting to cram everyone into about 4 gates while the rest of them are all empty!

Aye right!

More gates open= more people to pay= shimples :aok:

Does piss ye off though.
I thought about doing the same thing against Motherwell when the guy at the turnstyle told me they couldn't except a fifty pound note :grr:

I was there with the wife that day, she was unimpressed to say the least when we were told we'd have to go to the club shop to get change.:rolleyes:

Now if the club shop can except it, why can't the turnstyle??

Nice big new shiny stand still stuck in the dark ages.:rolleyes::bitchy:

sambajustice
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
More gates open= more people to pay= shimples :aok:Does piss ye off though.
I thought about doing the same thing against Motherwell when the guy at the turnstyle told me they couldn't except a fifty pound note :grr:

I was there with the wife that day, she was unimpressed to say the least when we were told we'd have to go to the club shop to get change.:rolleyes:

Now if the club shop can except it, why can't the turnstyle??

Nice big new shiny stand still stuck in the dark ages.:rolleyes::bitchy:

There was more gates open though mate, but they were for tickets only. So we had rakes of folk trying to get 4 turnstyles while there would have been loads of other folk sitting in the other turnstyles doing nowt.

They could have opened others and said "exact money only" or something like that if they didnt have change to give.

I'm home now anyway, having saved £15 and the embarassment of watching Hibs drawing with a 2nd division team!!

Littlest Hobo
08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
There was more gates open though mate, but they were for tickets only. So we had rakes of folk trying to get 4 turnstyles while there would have been loads of other folk sitting in the other turnstyles doing nowt.

They could have opened others and said "exact money only" or something like that if they didnt have change to give.

I'm home now anyway, having saved £15 and the embarassment of watching Hibs drawing with a 2nd division team!!

Right get ye mate, sounds like ye made the right decision in the end anyhow:aok:

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Agreed. The only good thing that came out of today was I got a chance to sit in the east stand as I did not get the cup top up.

I arrived at about five mins before kick off, walked past a dozen turnstyles for pre-paid / seasons with the ticket collecters sitting there doing nothing then joined a queue for about 10 mins at one of the 4/5 turnstyles they bothered to open. Stupid.

In fairness I missed nothing, I just wish it took ne 94 mins plus half time to get into the place!

Hibs Class
08-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Looked like there were a few turnstiles closed as well - don't see the point in building as many if they don't use them when needed.

3pm
08-01-2011, 07:37 PM

Yep, agree.

Thought about a U-turn myself. Got in for a tenner rather than £15 though. Got a couple of beers off that saved fiver, the only consolation from today.