PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV Live broadcasts

Hibee_Dave
08-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Just paid (must be mad) to watch the game from here in Japan.

Anyone know when they usually start to broadcast - staring at a blank broadcast screen just now and slightly worried that the whole thing's not working?! :confused::confused:

Golden Bear
08-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Just paid (must be mad) to watch the game from here in Japan.

Anyone know when they usually start to broadcast - staring at a blank broadcast screen just now and slightly worried that the whole thing's not working?! :confused::confused:

The audio broadcasts normally start about 5 mins before kick off so maybe the TV will be the same.

Hibee_Dave
08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks for that! Doesn't leave me much time to get the angry emails into them if nothing's happening 5 mins before but hopefully it all works!

Cheers

derek1875hfc
08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Audio starts about 5 mins before game so i'd imagine live video will be the same

JoeTortolanoFanClub
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
The audio broadcasts normally start about 5 mins before kick off so maybe the TV will be the same.

Pictures usually come up about 10-15 minutes before KO, sound about 5.

Golden Bear
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks for that! Doesn't leave me much time to get the angry emails into them if nothing's happening 5 mins before but hopefully it all works!

Cheers

A Hibs game with a Japanese commentator is something not to be missed.

:greengrin

PeeJay
08-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Cheers

Stream is usually up and running at least 30 minutes before the game, although the actual live broadcast (commentators) is usually 5 minutes or so before KO - nothing yet though it seems?
Just noticed that the official site says coverage will start from 15:50, so a few minutes yet...
:flag:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
08-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Picture is on now. :thumbsup:

Big90inOz
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
How is your picture ? mine isn't a clear as usual, seems to be extra pixalation ( is that a real word :greengrin )
Sound has dropped into stereo every so often as well so I'm wondering if there are some slight problems or is my laptop on the blink .

JoeTortolanoFanClub
08-01-2011, 04:13 PM
How is your picture ? mine isn't a clear as usual, seems to be extra pixalation ( is that a real word :greengrin )
Sound has dropped into stereo every so often as well so I'm wondering if there are some slight problems or is my laptop on the blink .

Picture quality isn't great. Lines across the screen. But no buffering and sound is good.

PeeJay
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Picture was awful - dropped into "stereo"?? It's always in stereo surely? I had some brief mono and audio problems - otherwise same old...

Hibee_Dave
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
A Japanese commentator would have made that mess 100% more interesting. £6 for that?! I'll spend my money only on sushi in future.

Also, picture quality was really poor - i've watched 'non-official' streams in far better quality than the £6 feed I just paid for - if Hibs want people to continue to use this service (especially next week when there'll be plenty of tv channels covering it and so loads of streams) then they need to get the quality sorted.

A good team on the park remains the priority though!