PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hodgson gone!

TheUsualSuspect
08-01-2011, 06:46 AM
As it says straight from the BBC Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9350217.stm)

On ya go ma son!!!!!

don't know if he's up to it but not bad being linked to one of the top (normally) prem clubs :aok::aok:

lord bunberry
08-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Hope he does a great job if he gets it but I can't help thinking he would be better of staying at bolton for a bit longer its a big job at liverpool any manager will need a bit of time to get things right there and we all know that everyone expects instant success

stokesmessiah
08-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Hope he does a great job if he gets it but I can't help thinking he would be better of staying at bolton for a bit longer its a big job at liverpool any manager will need a bit of time to get things right there and we all know that everyone expects instant success

I think your right, he would be silly going to Liverpool just now. Right job at the wrong time.

Libby Hibby
08-01-2011, 07:40 AM
I can see Martin O'Neil ending up at Anfield if RH gets the bullet

darwenhibby
08-01-2011, 08:35 AM

The rumour has been going round here since Christmas.

I do agree, I think Coyle is a good manager, but needs a little more time at Bolton.

greenlex
08-01-2011, 08:37 AM
He would nuts to go there. He is a stick on fir the Man Utd job when Fergie goes.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 08:49 AM
He would nuts to go there. He is a stick on fir the Man Utd job when Fergie goes.

I doubt it. They'll go for someone that's challenged for stuff before. Mourinho when he gets the bullet from Real.

Andy74
08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
The Hibs net experts told him going to Bolton was a bad idea. I'm sure he will make his mind up all by himself!

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 09:16 AM

Agreed, I think O'Neil has had his name in for this job for quite some time.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
The Hibs net experts told him going to Bolton was a bad idea. I'm sure he will make his mind up all by himself!

:agree: He knows what he's doing.

3pm
08-01-2011, 10:03 AM
He'd be mad to turn it down if offered the opportunity.

Cropley10
08-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Dalglish till end of season!

Source?

Hopefully Rafa will come back. He was hopeless:greengrin

.Louise.
08-01-2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/hodgson-leaves-liverpool-fc

BroxburnHibee
08-01-2011, 10:15 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9350630.stm

Tynie01011973
08-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Breaking news on SSN in last 5mins or so

down-the-slope
08-01-2011, 10:17 AM
why do they allways put Dagleish in charge when it goes mammaries up...

They are so poor it will be a test of his status if he fails to get them going upward...how long will the Kop remain the faithfull in that case :confused:

Frazerbob
08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
why do they allways put Dagleish in charge when it goes mammaries up...

They are so poor it will be a test of his status if he fails to get them going upward...how long will the Kop remain the faithfull in that case :confused:

It's a no lose for Dalglish. They can't possibly get any worse and even if they went down (which they wont) it would be Hodgsons fault.

marleyhib
08-01-2011, 10:22 AM
he loves Bolton, think it's too early for him and a bit of a hot tattie at the moment

PISTOL1875
08-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Feel sorry for Roy Hodgson.. In fact , his position was a bit like what CC has got here. A team full of the ex managers players who simply are not good enough...

Antifa Hibs
08-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Means Liverpool would have paid out more than £10m on sacking two managers in under a season..? Not bad for a team that is/was £400m in the red!!

WindyMiller
08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Hodgson's gone and King Kenny 'til the end of the season.

ginger_rice
08-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Feel sorry for Roy Hodgson.. In fact , his position was a bit like what CC has got here. A team full of the ex managers players who simply are not good enough...

Lots of my scouse mates reckon he didn't play the type of football they are used to. Up until Dalgleish first time round Liverpool had real continuity in their management team with them all having the "boot room" experience. I used to like watching Liverpool play especially in the 70s and 80s I thought they were always exciting to watch...having said that if I actually go to a game in Liverpool Goodison would be where I would go.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2011, 10:35 AM

:agree: But once you start insulting the fans it is time to go. He'd no rapport with the players or the fans. Had to go.

ScottB
08-01-2011, 11:01 AM
He'd be utterly insane to go there!

A club with little money, an ageing, crap squad and a deluded fan base that thinks they should be winning the league!

Nope, Coyle should not risk his excellent reputation on that poisoned chalice I reckon, nobody can achieve what the fans there want.

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2011, 11:02 AM

:agree:

Liverpool are gash.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2011, 11:30 AM

A club with little money, an ageing, crap squad and a deluded fan base that thinks they should be winning the league!

Nope, Coyle should not risk his excellent reputation on that poisoned chalice I reckon, nobody can achieve what the fans there want.

Try a fan base that have high expectations due to recent successes all be it not in the league, Liverpool fans are not daft enough to think that they should win the league as they realise they are as far away as ever. Nothing wrong with wanting your club to try and compete with the best, it's not as if it's been decades since they won anything is it?

Bad Martini
08-01-2011, 11:31 AM
The King is back. Long live the King!

WALK ON

H18sry
08-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Try a fan base that have high expectations due to recent successes all be it not in the league, Liverpool fans are not daft enough to think that they should win the league as they realise they are as far away as ever. Nothing wrong with wanting your club to try and compete with the best, it's not as if it's been decades since they won anything is it?

:top marks

Hibee Daz
08-01-2011, 12:49 PM

That would do for me just nicely and the yanks would give him the funds that he'll need to help the Pool kick on!:aok:

ScottB
08-01-2011, 12:53 PM

It's been decades since they won the League, and that's the problem. They simply don't have the funds to compete for the title, and the failure to do that will hang round the neck of anyone who takes that job.

Don't mean all the fans by any means, but I fully expect the first murmurs of disquiet with the new owners to start to kick in once they go through this transfer window without splashing any cash.

As for appointing Dalgliesh. Why? Why is a guy who hasn't managed in years and not been successful at in even longer a better bet than Hodgson? Other than the fact that the fans have been chanting for him. I reckon it will be about as successful as Newcastle appointing Kevin Keegan!

Hibee Daz
08-01-2011, 01:07 PM

So you are fully aware of the funds the Boston Red Sox mob have at their disposal?

If you think that Owen Coyle is too good to become the manager of Liverpool then I'm afraid to say that you sir are full of bull, Liverpool are too big for him just as they where for Hodgson.

Owen Coyle is a good up and coming manager but he needs a good 3 or 4 seasons of development in the EPL before he should be considered as a manager for any of Englands/Europes top sides IMO!

ScottB
08-01-2011, 01:33 PM
So you are fully aware of the funds the Boston Red Sox mob have at their disposal?

If you think that Owen Coyle is too good to become the manager of Liverpool then I'm afraid to say that you sir are full of bull, Liverpool are too big for him just as they where for Hodgson.

Owen Coyle is a good up and coming manager but he needs a good 3 or 4 seasons of development in the EPL before he should be considered as a manager for any of Englands/Europes top sides IMO!

I said it would be stupid for him to take the job, not that he was too big for it. But to say that the club was 'too big for Hodgson' is pretty arrogant really, he was an experienced manager who just last season took an unfancied side to a European final.

These Americans have nothing like the funds that Man City or Chelsea have at their disposal.

heretoday
08-01-2011, 01:46 PM
As for appointing Dalgliesh. Why? Why is a guy who hasn't managed in years and not been successful at in even longer a better bet than Hodgson? Other than the fact that the fans have been chanting for him. I reckon it will be about as successful as Newcastle appointing Kevin Keegan![/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's just an appointment to appease the Scouse dreamers. I don't think Celtic fans remember his stewardship with any great affection. His period as manager there was a joke.

Betty Boop
08-01-2011, 02:20 PM
As for appointing Dalgliesh. Why? Why is a guy who hasn't managed in years and not been successful at in even longer a better bet than Hodgson? Other than the fact that the fans have been chanting for him. I reckon it will be about as successful as Newcastle appointing Kevin Keegan!

Yeah, he's just an appointment to appease the Scouse dreamers. I don't think Celtic fans remember his stewardship with any great affection. His period as manager there was a joke.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't the manager at Celtic though, John Barnes was. Kenny was DOF.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Agreed, I think O'Neil has had his name in for this job for quite some time.

I thought so too but the rumour is he's going to West Ham. That's part of the reason that Sidwell changed his mind about going there.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
He wasn't the manager at Celtic though, John Barnes was. Kenny was DOF.

Dalglish took over after Barnes got sacked. He was in charge for a few months.

Bad Martini
08-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Dalglish took over after Barnes got sacked. He was in charge for a few months.

He did, and as I recall, he also led celtic to the Scottish Cup final and beat the sheep in the final.

Kenny Dalglish is to me, the best Scottish fitba player I personally have seen. Nobody could think fitba like him and doubtful too many will again. The King is not called the King for nothing. :aok:

I'm only upset he only he ever played for 2 clubs and neither was Hibs. But, one was the Mighty Anfield Reds = long live the King. :thumbsup:

WALK ON

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2011, 02:56 PM

He did, and as I recall, he also led celtic to the Scottish Cup final and beat the sheep in the final.

Kenny Dalglish is to me, the best Scottish fitba player I personally have seen. Nobody could think fitba like him and doubtful too many will again. The King is not called the King for nothing. :aok:

I'm only upset he only he ever played for 2 clubs and neither was Hibs. But, one was the Mighty Anfield Reds = long live the King. :thumbsup:

WALK ON

I think he won the League Cup but not the Scottish - they had been emptied by ICT and that was the last straw for Barnes IIRC.

Hibee Daz
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I said it would be stupid for him to take the job, not that he was too big for it. But to say that the club was 'too big for Hodgson' is pretty arrogant really, he was an experienced manager who just last season took an unfancied side to a European final.
l
These Americans have nothing like the funds that Man City or Chelsea have at their disposal.

Why did the Pool bin Hodgson if the job wasn't to big for him?:confused:
I'm not being arrogant, I'm mearly stating the obvious.

The yanks may not have the same dosh as the arabs or ruskis but, they still have more than enough to turn Liverpools fortunes around and have them competing at the top of English/European football again!

If Man U can compete with their level of debt then I'm sure we can also.
We just need the right man at the healm to lead us forward and for me that would be Martin O'Neil, he had Villa flying in the top 4 but there board wouldn't back him to maintain it!

ScottB
08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Why did the Pool bin Hodgson if the job wasn't to big for him?:confused:
I'm not being arrogant, I'm mearly stating the obvious.

The yanks may not have the same dosh as the arabs or ruskis but, they still have more than enough to turn Liverpools fortunes around and have them competing at the top of English/European football again!

If Man U can compete with their level of debt then I'm sure we can also.

Debt isn't the issue. Man Utd compete because of their vast income. Liverpool follow some way short and will continue to do so until they build a new, bigger stadium.

As for Hodgson, the guy managed Inter Milan, so I don't think Liverpool was too big for him. His squad, rather like our own, is far from up to the task, he wasn't even given a chance to bring in players of his own.

Based on that logic, should we be sacking CC?

West Upper
08-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I am glad Hodgson has left, 7 away defeats is not good enough for a club like Liverpool hopefully with King Kenny as manager, Liverpool can start to climb the table!