PDA

View Full Version : Subs at Half Time

Largshibby
07-01-2011, 07:09 PM
At half-time our substitutes come onto the pitch and have a bit of a kick about, try a few tricks etc without any real purpose or structure. It looks like a few lads having a bit of a mess around in the local park, in fact, the only thing missing is a pile of jumpers for goal posts. Does anybody else think this time should be used more constructively? There should be a coach out there with them doing proper, structured routines which would not only help them prepare for coming on in the second half but would also demonstrate a professional attitude by the players and club and something that we, as supporters, can actually witness. Anybody else feel the same way?

ancient hibee
07-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Yes

Calvin
07-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Not really. The only point of coming out at half time is to get/keep warm so that if you need to come on a short notice then a full warm up is not necessary, and I think that the players seem to do that.

steviecarnie
07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
At half-time our substitutes come onto the pitch and have a bit of a kick about, try a few tricks etc without any real purpose or structure. It looks like a few lads having a bit of a mess around in the local park, in fact, the only thing missing is a pile of jumpers for goal posts. Does anybody else think this time should be used more constructively? There should be a coach out there with them doing proper, structured routines which would not only help them prepare for coming on in the second half but would also demonstrate a professional attitude by the players and club and something that we, as supporters, can actually witness. Anybody else feel the same way?

Sorry but No, as said they are only really out there to limber up a bit after sitting down for most of the first half, and also to get a feel for the pitch conditions so if required they can change boots/studs so if they do get on they dont need to do it during the game.

hibee_nation
07-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I agree, the lazy bassas should join in the 10 second challenge. Then again when they mess up and the 10 year old goalie saves it might be a bit embarassing. :greengrin

cocopops1875
07-01-2011, 07:49 PM
pretty sure we had this very thread last year. Im certain its nothing to do with half time as to why we are where we are :confused:

Largshibby
07-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry but No, as said they are only really out there to limber up a bit after sitting down for most of the first half, and also to get a feel for the pitch conditions so if required they can change boots/studs so if they do get on they dont need to do it during the game.

They can limber up by running/stretching around the side of the pitch - as they sometimes do. My point is that I want the players to look a bit more professional about how they go about their job and at the same time prepare properly for when they are needed. They have all week (along with advice from the grounds staff) to know what studs are required and what the conditions are like.:dunno:

Sioux
07-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Yam.

hibee_nation
07-01-2011, 08:19 PM
After Irvine jambo i don't trust those Ayrshire bams. I can see Largs from my livingroom window on my side of the Clyde, wave a Hibs flag so we know you are kosher :greengrin

Largshibby
07-01-2011, 08:30 PM
After Irvine jambo i don't trust those Ayrshire bams. I can see Largs from my livingroom window on my side of the Clyde, wave a Hibs flag so we know you are kosher :greengrin

My boss is an AUFC season ticket holder (one of about 47) and he's going to the match tomorrow with loads of fellow tractor drivers. The stick I could face on monday doesn't bear thinking about so no hassle from my own lot please!! Also know for a fact that there are West Stand season ticket holders who come from Irvine (and others from Troon) so we are not all Ayrshire bams.:scarf:

Andy74
07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
They can limber up by running/stretching around the side of the pitch - as they sometimes do. My point is that I want the players to look a bit more professional about how they go about their job and at the same time prepare properly for when they are needed. They have all week (along with advice from the grounds staff) to know what studs are required and what the conditions are like.:dunno:

They also have a week to practice passing a ball and doing routines. They have done a full warm up session before the game and all they are doing is a bit of keeping warm and getting a wee touch of a ball.

This is on the pathetic side of things to worry about.

fyfey
07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
no point doing a full warm up at ht to sit down again for 20 mins - muscles would stiffin up by the time they got on

hibee_nation
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
My boss is an AUFC season ticket holder (one of about 47) and he's going to the match tomorrow with loads of fellow tractor drivers. The stick I could face on monday doesn't bear thinking about so no hassle from my own lot please!! Also know for a fact that there are West Stand season ticket holders who come from Irvine (and others from Troon) so we are not all Ayrshire bams.:scarf:

Nae probs mate, i'll get you a "99" in Nardinis :greengrin
The Irvine jambo jibe probs went right over your head. He was a bam of the highest order. :agree:

scottp1875
07-01-2011, 08:47 PM

think your getting picky. i dont see our subs do anything different to other teams. they all do a proper warm up before the game with the starting 11 so just keeping warm.

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Not really. The only point of coming out at half time is to get/keep warm so that if you need to come on a short notice then a full warm up is not necessary, and I think that the players seem to do that.

:agree: Spot on.

They also have a week to practice passing a ball and doing routines. They have done a full warm up session before the game and all they are doing is a bit of keeping warm and getting a wee touch of a ball.

This is on the pathetic side of things to worry about.

It is indeed. Although a full warm-up before the match is pointless as well - like this guy says...

no point doing a full warm up at ht to sit down again for 20 mins - muscles would stiffin up by the time they got on

:agree:

greenlex
07-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Yes they should be doing something more constructive. They could wait in the queue fir a cuppa for me or pick up some litter. Maybe do the happy hibee half time draw or replace divots.

H18sry
07-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Yes they should be doing something more constructive. They could wait in the queue fir a cuppa for me or pick up some litter. Maybe do the happy hibee half time draw or replace divots.

They do that in the 2nd half when they get on :wink:

Bookkeeper
07-01-2011, 11:36 PM
They do that in the 2nd half when they get on :wink:

:faf: Like it!

tamig
07-01-2011, 11:58 PM

I think you'll find that the subs of most teams do exactly the same kind of things as our guys at HT.

All week to get their studs right? Don't think so!

Albion Hibs
08-01-2011, 12:10 AM

Dont see what your problem with this is.

I have been fortunate to go to see Barcelona, Arsenal and Man Utd over the past two seasons, the subs do the same there as the do at every other club, so I have no issue with it.

.Sean.
08-01-2011, 01:15 AM
I don't think it would do them any hard to have a set and structured half-time routine as opposed to a few passes and keepy-upy's.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Apart from looking more professional than the boys in the park look,would a more structured half time routine be of any benefit to the subs? My vast experience of watching subs at half time leads me to believe that it wouldn't! :wink:

LaMotta
09-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't think it would do them any hard to have a set and structured half-time routine as opposed to a few passes and keepy-upy's.

Anyone else notice the structured half time routine yesterday, with Gareth Evans policing? :hmmm:

Coincidence?

Albion Hibs
09-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Anyone else notice the structured half time routine yesterday, with Gareth Evans policing? :hmmm:

Coincidence?

No but I did think the old boy wearing the mint strip is worth another look!

Danderhall Hibs
09-01-2011, 12:55 PM

Coincidence?

I don't think it is - the same happened last year when a thread like this appeared. Someone was complaining about McBride chatting to Nish and I said something like what do you want them to do 100 shuttle runs then go back in? Next game at HT they were all doing shuttle runs.

LaMotta
09-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think it is - the same happened last year when a thread like this appeared. Someone was complaining about McBride chatting to Nish and I said something like what do you want them to do 100 shuttle runs then go back in? Next game at HT they were all doing shuttle runs.

Interesting. And consensus on the thread tended towards the belief that there is actually nothing wrong with just having a wee kickabout at half time.