PDA

View Full Version : NHC K.Miller - £700k to Birm City

macca70
07-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Rangers accept £700k offer from Birm City for Kenny Miller.

Big risk seen as he seems to be scoring for fun, the decision to sell him now, might just hand the title to Sellick.

Although, he can go for free in the summer so £700k now, might be seen as a good bit of business.

Guessing they'll now be in the market to pick up a striker cheap, when they come calling for Big Nishy, Rodders better hold out for at least 1 million :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9349550.stm

Judas Iscariot
07-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Derek to Greyskull?

:boo hoo:

hibs0666
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Derek to Greyskull?

In no way would Riordan be a replacement for Miller.

Golden Bear
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Rangers accept £700k offer from Birm City for Kenny Miller.

Big risk seen as he seems to be scoring for fun, the decision to sell him now, might just hand the title to Sellick.

Although, he can go for free in the summer so £700k now, might be seen as a good bit of business.

Guessing they'll now be in the market to pick up a striker cheap, when they come calling for Big Nishy, Rodders better hold out for at least 1 million :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9349550.stm

Kenny Miller gets more than his fair share of pelters but he's a guy who has continued to improve throughout his career and he's a far better player now that what he was when he was with us.

£700,000 seems a good bit of business for all the parties concerned.

GreenPJ
07-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Derek to Greyskull?

Whilst I believe Riordan may have more talent than Miller there is no way he could replace him in the current Rangers set-up.

James70
07-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Goodwillie will be his replacement if Miller goes. Another player who always seems to score against us.

blackpoolhibs

:agree: Two completely different types of player.

Sir David Gray
Derek to Greyskull?

Not a chance.

RIP
07-01-2011, 03:47 PM
When you think of millions we got for O'Connor, Whitty, Thommo, Murph and Broony - £700K seems like a snip. I know he was out of contract soon but a third of the Katie fee????

macca70
07-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Goodwillie will be his replacement if Miller goes. Another player who always seems to score against us.

United knocked back £500k but I'm sure they'll come to a comprimise and Goodwillie will be a Rangers player by the end of the window.

easty
07-01-2011, 03:50 PM
When you think of millions we got for O'Connor, Whitty, Thommo, Murph and Broony - £700K seems like a snip. I know he was out of contract soon but a third of the Katie fee????

We'd be giving Rod loads of abuse if we had Kenny Miller, in the form he's been in this season, amd sold him for that amount of money. Contracts up in the summer but his goals could be the difference between 1st or 2nd in the league for them this season (obviously only if Hearts don't go on to win every game they have left, before selling Templeton to Man Utd for £20m. They're that good right now. Honestly. :rolleyes:).

Rangers to move for Goodwillie then? Or do they expect that the lad Jelavic will score plenty?

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2011, 03:54 PM
£700K for a 31 year old Miller, with less than 6 months left on his contract is about right imo.

Thecat23
07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Just called him, he has rejected it. Rangers did accept but he's defo not going.

hfc rd
07-01-2011, 04:01 PM
They still have Jelavic and Naismith to return from injury but that is great news as it weakens them a lot more. Wonder if David Murray will let Walter Smith use the money to sign a few players as they badly need some but hopefully they don't and hopefully more players are on there way out like Bougherra, McGregor, Davis etc.

Derek to Greyskull?

I think Deeks learned his mistake from joining the Old Firm last time by warming up the bench at Darkheid. He will not make the same mistake twice and I think his next move is going to be either England or abroad.

CB_NO3
07-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Just called him, he has rejected it. Rangers did accept but he's defo not going.

Why is he not going?

Kaiser1962
07-01-2011, 04:06 PM

I would to. Think of the signing on fee in six months when he's out of contract.

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2011, 04:08 PM

What's wrong with him?! I'm sure someone (you?) posted in the summer he was desperate to leave and join WBA or someone and now he wants to stay.

TornadoHibby
07-01-2011, 04:10 PM

Goodwillie might though, eh!? :dunno: :hmmm:

M11BMO
07-01-2011, 04:10 PM
They still have Jelavic and Naismith to return from injury but that is great news as it weakens them a lot more. Wonder if David Murray will let Walter Smith use the money to sign a few players as they badly need some but hopefully they don't and hopefully more players are on there way out like Bougherra, McGregor, Davis etc.

I think Deeks learned his mistake from joining the Old Firm last time by warming up the bench at Darkheid. He will not make the same mistake twice and I think his next move is going to be either England or abroad.

My Hun mate has been saying that he's played in a couple of closed doors games recently, scored a hat trick in one and got a couple in the other. Whether thats 100% true I'm not sure, but he'd have no reason to lie.

ancienthibby
07-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Got nought to do with Murray or Smith!!

This is the Bank continuing its rule at Greyskull and using every available penny to reduce the Rankgers debt!:agree:

Oh how the mighty have fallen!:faf:

Thecat23
07-01-2011, 04:37 PM
What's wrong with him?! I'm sure someone (you?) posted in the summer he was desperate to leave and join WBA or someone and now he wants to stay.

It was me mate, Rangers messed about till the death and WBA went elsewhere. He didn't say why but as it stands he's turned it down. No idea if it's the location as he's stayed there before and wasn't keen. Or personal terms.

AgentDaleCooper
07-01-2011, 05:12 PM
It was me mate, Rangers messed about till the death and WBA went elsewhere. He didn't say why but as it stands he's turned it down. No idea if it's the location as he's stayed there before and wasn't keen. Or personal terms.

same city as west brom:confused:

ancient hibee
07-01-2011, 05:14 PM
If Miller goes -Boyd to return?

WindyMiller
07-01-2011, 05:22 PM
If Miller goes -Boyd to return?

They'll be looking for someone with a much higher work-rate and a lower basic wage, Goodwillie I'd imagine.

down-the-slope
07-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Maybe wanting garuntees about playing :dunno: Personally think it would be a good move for him as Brum play like Gers...Tight at the back and hit on break...he would do well there

Ritchie
07-01-2011, 05:28 PM
My Hun mate has been saying that he's played in a couple of closed doors games recently, scored a hat trick in one and got a couple in the other. Whether thats 100% true I'm not sure, but he'd have no reason to lie.

I can quite believe that.

Think he'll score a few in the spl. Looks a quality player.

ancient hibee
07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Wonder how he gets on with the manager?

down-the-slope
07-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Brum also trying to tie up David Bently on loan

essexhibee
07-01-2011, 06:09 PM
He would be pash in the prem.

blairwallace
07-01-2011, 06:20 PM
the pints are on me tonight, cya later miller! bring on the rangers

steviecarnie
07-01-2011, 07:06 PM

doubt its location as WBA and birmingham not exactly a million miles apart.

Thecat23
07-01-2011, 07:11 PM
doubt its location as WBA and birmingham not exactly a million miles apart.

True very close to be fair, but It's defo nothing to do with the manager as someone mentioned. Kenny hasn't any issue at all with big eck. Whatever his reason for now he's turned them down.

Jim44
07-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Miller's rejection of the BC bid seems to be true but it's opened up a hornet's nest at Ibrox. They won't be able to avoid a hate campaign against Miller and I can see their season going pearshaped. Unfortunately it could see the Jambos getting second although I'm sure a lot of them will now fancy themselves to win the league. A bad bit of business for the Huns. They've shown their hand too early on the Miller front.

Leithenhibby
07-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Miller's rejection of the BC bid seems to be true but it's opened up a hornet's nest at Ibrox. They won't be able to avoid a hate campaign against Miller and I can see their season going pearshaped. Unfortunately it could see the Jambos getting second although I'm sure a lot of them will now fancy themselves to win the league. A bad bit of business for the Huns. They've shown their hand too early on the Miller front.

:agree: Way too early me thinks.....

new malkyhib
08-01-2011, 05:01 PM

That part worries me as well.

Won't worry our untouchable Board, though - we don't compare oursleves against them, apparently. Heard they're back in for Bryson as well. Who will we sign, I wonder?

Hibercelona
08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
United knocked back £500k but I'm sure they'll come to a comprimise and Goodwillie will be a Rangers player by the end of the window.

This is what I don't understand.

Why can't we make offers like that for players like Goodwillie?

The money is there to do it!

And we can certainly offer better wages than what United are currently paying him. Especially after we off load all of the s***e.

H18sry
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
This is what I don't understand.

Why can't we make offers like that for players like Goodwillie?

The money is there to do it!

And we can certainly offer better wages than what United are currently paying him. Especially after we off load all of the s***e.

we have done in the past we offered 1Mill for Naismith, knowing fine well he would not accept it, when the weedgies come calling nobody can match there wages, so why waste time making offers that don't come to fruition?

Hibercelona
08-01-2011, 05:13 PM
we have done in the past we offered 1Mill for Naismith, knowing fine well he would not accept it, when the weedgies come calling nobody can match there wages, so why waste time making offers that don't come to fruition?

If one of the OF really wants a player, they'll be more than happy to pay over the odds, but only if they have to.

The reason I think we should be making at least a bid is because.

1. It shows a bit of ambition
2. It forces the uglies to make a higher offer (assuming they really want that player).
3. You never know, they might not make another bid and he does come to Hibs.

We should at least be trying IMO.