PDA

View Full Version : Beady Eye- The Roller

H18sry
07-01-2011, 08:22 AM
http://www.prettygreen.com/news/2011/1/6/beady-eye-to-release-first-single-the-roller/

New single :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

.Sean.
07-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Heard this on the radio when at work, another good tune. I posted the link to Four Letter Word on the Beady Eye thread, think it's my favourite so far.

On another note, I was meant to be going to the official opening of the PG store in the Weeg to spend my xmas money, LG there etc, but got a phonecall this morning saying they really needed a hand at work, pretty gutted to say the least.

MountcastleHibs
07-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Heard this on the radio when at work, another good tune. I posted the link to Four Letter Word on the Beady Eye thread, think it's my favourite so far.

On another note, I was meant to be going to the official opening of the PG store in the Weeg to spend my xmas money, LG there etc, but got a phonecall this morning saying they really needed a hand at work, pretty gutted to say the least.

Same with me, although, the three songs released are absolutely fantastic. Must say, Liam has really surprised me with the quality of Beady Eye's stuff. I did set my standards low, and wasn't expecting much to avoid disappointment, but they have certainly surprised me with how good they sound from the first 3 songs.

.Sean.
07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Same with me, although, the three songs released are absolutely fantastic. Must say, Liam has really surprised me with the quality of Beady Eye's stuff. I did set my standards low, and wasn't expecting much to avoid disappointment, but they have certainly surprised me with how good they sound from the first 3 songs.
Sons of the Stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rai3WDdUvqE)

B-Side to Bring the Ligt, well worth a listen too :aok:

MountcastleHibs
07-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Sons of the Stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rai3WDdUvqE)

B-Side to Bring the Ligt, well worth a listen too :aok:

Yeah heard that too, although as it's a b-side haven't really taken it into consideration. I'll rephrase what I said - all the songs they've released have been of good quality.

seanraff07
07-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Brilliant again :agree:

Judas Iscariot
07-01-2011, 08:30 PM
That is ****ing awesome BTW :notworthy:

Well impressed so far :top marks

Cant wait for March the 4th :na na:

Pete
08-01-2011, 11:36 PM
http://www.prettygreen.com/news/2011/1/6/beady-eye-to-release-first-single-the-roller/

New single :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's not bad but that's about it. It's nothing different to what's out there.
In fact I'd go as far to say that there are plenty unsigned bands who have written and performed tracks that would put that to shame.

It might sound a bit harsh but I grew up with Oasis as the soundtrack to my youth so I know what the brothers are capable of.

I hope this is a deliberately slow start to the bands offerings and they increase in quality as time elapses.
Liam HAS proved himself by writing great tunes for Oasis in the past so I'm still looking forward to the next release, hoping it will, in true Liam style ooze quality and energy. After all, that's what he's all about.

Maybe it's my "Noel bias" or the fact I've not heard it enough and it might grow....but I'd give it 6/10.

Pete
08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
It's not bad but that's about it. It's nothing different to what's out there.
In fact I'd go as far to say that there are plenty unsigned bands who have written and performed tracks that would put that to shame.

It might sound a bit harsh but I grew up with Oasis as the soundtrack to my youth so I know what the brothers are capable of.

I hope this is a deliberately slow start to the bands offerings and they increase in quality as time elapses.
Liam HAS proved himself by writing great tunes for Oasis in the past so I'm still looking forward to the next release, hoping it will, in true Liam style ooze quality and energy. After all, that's what he's all about.

Maybe it's my "Noel bias" or the fact I've not heard it enough and it might grow....but I'd give it 6/10.

In fact I'll give it a 7.5/10 now considering I've heard it a few times:greengrin

seanraff07
11-01-2011, 03:55 AM
Saw the official video for it tonight on channel 4, liked it!

Steve-O
11-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Surprised to say I quite like it.

jackhfc
11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Best song so far by them IMO, (all have been good though):thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Just got my 7" copy of Four Letter Word and this is the b-side on it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3_Z2JDAF0&feature=related

Another good tune :thumbsup:

.Sean.
16-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Just got my 7" copy of Four Letter Word and this is the b-side on it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3_Z2JDAF0&feature=related

Another good tune :thumbsup:
Excellente!! :agree:

Judas Iscariot
20-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I have 1 ticket for their Friday gig for sale, if interested PM me :aok:

woodythehibee
21-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Not very original...basically the beatles - all you need is love

MountcastleHibs
21-01-2011, 03:02 PM

I was awaiting your post on here Shawn... The only bit that is remotely like All You Need is Love is the start ;).

Judas Iscariot
21-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I was awaiting your post on here Shawn... The only bit that is remotely like All You Need is Love is the start ;).

:agree:

It's a defo more Instant Karma..

Aye, if yer stone deef :cool2:

woodythehibee
22-01-2011, 10:39 AM

ha, know me too well.

I heard a DJ on the radio complaining about how Gallagher kept claiming the "new" music was going to blow everyones mind and that Beady Eye are going to be the world's next massive band. But after hearing this song he just said that it's nothing original as it's basically the beatles.

Couldn't believe another person agreed with my POV.

Saying that though, it is catchy

Storar
22-01-2011, 07:09 PM
ha, know me too well.

I heard a DJ on the radio complaining about how Gallagher kept claiming the "new" music was going to blow everyones mind and that Beady Eye are going to be the world's next massive band. But after hearing this song he just said that it's nothing original as it's basically the beatles.

I agree with you. The songs aren't bad at all but it's nothing different and it does sound pretty much like a Beatles tribute act and the band are lucky that they've got a ready made fan base out there.

Let's face it, Beady Eye could release a 12 track album of Liam Gallagher coughing and spewing and the Oasis Loyal would still be calling it album of the year

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Let's face it, Beady Eye could release a 12 track album of Liam Gallagher coughing and spewing and the Oasis Loyal would still be calling it album of the year

And some folk would say John Lennon coughed and spewed before him.

MountcastleHibs
23-01-2011, 09:46 AM
ha, know me too well.

To an extent I kind of agree. But we all know Liam Gallagher's arrogance. The man lives and breathes Beatles so obviously they're going to have a major impact on his songs.