PDA

View Full Version : Roy Keane sacked

BigKev
06-01-2011, 11:40 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/8245102/Roy-Keane-set-to-be-sacked-by-Ipswich-Town-with-Paul-Jewell-the-favourite-to-replace-him.html?

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Failed at Sunderland and Ipswich despite being given large sums of money to spend on new players at both clubs.

since90plustwo
06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
haha, get it up ye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dirty prick.

monktonharp
06-01-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/8245102/Roy-Keane-set-to-be-sacked-by-Ipswich-Town-with-Paul-Jewell-the-favourite-to-replace-him.html?

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Failed at Sunderland and Ipswich despite being given large sums of money to spend on new players at both clubs.he's a bawheided bassa, loved by half of Ireland but hated by the other half,probably down to his antics during their last WC finals.

SteveHFC
07-01-2011, 12:02 AM
haha, get it up ye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dirty prick.
:agree:

CB_NO3
07-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Great player, rubbish manager. Got to love Keane though, great character, unfortunately they are a dying breed in football these days.

muirhousehibby
07-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Great player, rubbish manager. Got to love Keane though, great character, unfortunately they are a dying breed in football these days.

aye.

I know a couple of players thats down there now for a few days training. Big youth set up down there with good facilities too. Not that keane sacking would make any real difference to these players.

Hopefull keane will last the weekend

sesoim
07-01-2011, 02:56 AM
What a shame, such a nice guy as well.

Oh well, maybe now he will have to apply for a job at a lower level like other guys who don't get handed big money management jobs because of what they did as a player. Will chairmen ever learn that what people achieve as players has little relevance to how good they will be as managers?

lord bunberry
07-01-2011, 03:57 AM
I really like Roy keane he was a total winner as a player I read his book and I think he was probably the last player of his type to play the game he couldn't understand the attitude of modern day footballers he came into the game really late and never forgot how lucky he was to be doing something he loved its a shame that there aren't more players like him still playing although I think that was ultimately his downfall as a manager he just couldn't understand people who weren't 100% committed guys like stokes must have drove him mad

hibiedude
07-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Great player don't always make good managers

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Great player don't always make good managers

:agree:

And don't we all know about that! :cool2:

:rolleyes:

Andy74
07-01-2011, 08:21 AM
We all seem to hate these guys but we desperately need some in our team. A Keane, savage, Barton kind of guy or two.

CB_NO3
07-01-2011, 10:37 AM
I detest Barton with a passion. I would loved to have seen Keane put him in his place.

Ritchie
07-01-2011, 10:40 AM
We all seem to hate these guys but we desperately need some in our team. A Keane, savage, Barton kind of guy or two.

i dont know why people do hate them.

without these types of people the game would be boring. :agree:

Betty Boop
07-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Paul Jewell to replace him at Ipswich according to Five Live.

aberhibsfc
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Admired from afar or when in your own team.

Now I'm not for one minute suggesting these players are in an ability parallel, but mentally wise, Keane & Lennon are two peas in a pod.

I can't stand the we tw@t, nothing to do with his suggestion of bigotry or whatever else he claims, it's purely down to him being a dirty wee kwunt. But that's why the Cellc fans will love him, he would walk through walls and batter the opposition and in the main get away with it.

scoopyboy
07-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Paul Jewell to replace him at Ipswich according to Five Live.

Ian McParland in charge for game against Chelsea in FA Cup.

Good Hibby and I would love to see him get a result.

aberhibsfc
07-01-2011, 11:52 AM
ps, he used to remind me of Pat McGinlay with his haircut and his late charge at professional football.

When he went to Nottingham I dreamt of him playing in Hibs midfield alongst McGinlay, young and naive. But remember, we were signing players like Keith Houchan directly from an FA cup winning team during this period. So whilst it sounds crazy now, I didn't seem so far removed at the time.

hfc rd
07-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Keano was a tremendous football player for Manchester United. Always played with his heart on the sleeve. Shame it hasn't worked out for him at Ipswich.

eastmainsmsh
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I really like Roy keane he was a total winner as a player I read his book and I think he was probably the last player of his type to play the game he couldn't understand the attitude of modern day footballers he came into the game really late and never forgot how lucky he was to be doing something he loved its a shame that there aren't more players like him still playing although I think that was ultimately his downfall as a manager he just couldn't understand people who weren't 100% committed guys like stokes must have drove him mad

Thats why we had Stokes and have Miller coz there attitude stinks

Andy74
07-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Thats why we had Stokes and have Miller coz there attitude stinks

Nothing wrong with Miller's attitude, he was late twice with Sunderland by a few minutes and that was it.

cad
07-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Wouldnt surprise me to see him at Celtic once Lennons shown the door .

lyonhibs
07-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Couldn't have happened to a more 'orrible ****. Getting to yell "Keane you ****" at him when he played for Ra Sellick at ER was the fulfillment of a life-long ambition.

Petty and childish - oh yes :greengrin