PDA

View Full Version : good luck james crease and the berwick boys

monktonharp
06-01-2011, 10:08 PM
dont know how Berwick are doing just now in their league ,but hope they give a good account of themselves against Celtic this weekend. big Jimmy Crease is now the manager, good lad (fur a Jambo) and a second cousin o' mine,has been around fitba' all his life but mainly Junior. iirc he had a bad knee injury while playing for Dundee (reseves) and had to give up playing but went into management with a few junior clubs. best o' luck big "Caddie", will pop into yer boozer in lithgae one o' these days,heard that the pint in the black bitch isnae bad:wink:

Alfred E Newman
06-01-2011, 10:19 PM
dont know how Berwick are doing just now in their league ,but hope they give a good account of themselves against Celtic this weekend. big Jimmy Crease is now the manager, good lad (fur a Jambo) and a second cousin o' mine,has been around fitba' all his life but mainly Junior. iirc he had a bad knee injury while playing for Dundee (reseves) and had to give up playing but went into management with a few junior clubs. best o' luck big "Caddie", will pop into yer boozer in lithgae one o' these days,heard that the pint in the black bitch isnae bad:wink:

Still remember clearly coming out of Easter Road in 1967 and hearing the news start to filter through that Berwick had knocked Rangers out of the Cup. That result was probably a greater shock than if Celtic were to lose on Saturday (if only).
Of course , we drew them in the next round and managed to scrape through 1-0 thanks to a Joe Davis penalty in front of almost 30000.

Toaods
06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
A long standing friend of mine is the Secretary at the club and would love to see them get a replay, which financially would probably secure their future for the next ten years.

monktonharp
06-01-2011, 11:11 PM
A long standing friend of mine is the Secretary at the club and would love to see them get a replay, which financially would probably secure their future for the next ten years.tell him tae get the bandits revving roond the park during the game. I'd like to see Lennon's puss covered in speedway mud every time they passed the dugouts:greengrin

Bizzle14
07-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Me and a few fellow Hibees will be there as our mate plays for Berwick, here's hoping its an enjoyable day out!

A Scottish cup tie in England....who would have thought it!

berwickhibee
07-01-2011, 12:54 PM
got my ticket and looking to gie lennon pelters:aok:

hibs v berwick in the next round wud do me:agree:

aberhibsfc
07-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Cannie see it happening but I'd love them to turn the mankies over.

I think Celtic will be too strong for them, there going well enough in the SPL, I can't see Berwick being the ones to take them out the cup.

Talking about cup upsets, I'm starting to get a wee bitty nervous now. Wonder if the fact we won the League Cup, starting with a game against Ayr Utd has any chance of repeating itself. Although we played away from home through the whole campaign. Home advantage, I'd take any advantage at the moment. I don't want us to do another Morton where they come pumped up and knock us out the cup.