PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in relegation battle

H18sry
06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9345618.stm

Hibernian defender Francis Dickoh believes that the club are in a relegation battle this season.

Colin Calderwood's side lie 10th in the Scottish Premier League, level on points with St Mirren, and have not won in the league since 13 November.

And the Easter Road side sit only five points ahead of bottom club Hamilton, who have two games in hand.

"The table never lies, so at this point we are in a relegation battle," said the Ghanaian central defender.

However, the 28-year-old said that this weekend's Scottish Cup match against Ayr United will provide welcome relief from their league campaign.

"Its good timing that we have a cup game," said Dickoh.

"It's a game we really want to win, but on the other hand we don't want to lose too much focus on the league as we need some points."

Dickoh admitted to being in the dark about their fourth-round opponents.

"I know very little about Ayr United. I don't even know where it is on a map!"

The Danish-born player, who signed a one year deal with the Edinburgh club in the summer, is keen to extend his stay with the Easter Road club.

"Real contract talks have not taken place yet. I still need to get some games and impress the manager," he said.

"I am delighted to be here. I like the city and I like the club who have great facilities and a good coaching staff

PeterboroHibee
06-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Thats such a nonsense article by the BBC. We already know we are in a relegation battle (and have had other people from the club saying the same thing), and then it goes on to tell us that Dickoh doesnt know who Ayr are and that he hasnt held any contract talks.

Nothing against Dickoh, just dont see what its meant to be telling us :confused:?

greenlex
06-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Thats such a nonsense article by the BBC. We already know we are in a relegation battle (and have had other people from the club saying the same thing), and then it goes on to tell us that Dickoh doesnt know who Ayr are and that he hasnt held any contract talks.

Nothing against Dickoh, just dont see what its meant to be telling us :confused:?

Players can do nothing right can they? Last week our league position was of little concern yet and this week they are stating the bleeding obvious.

Wilson
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM

We've had players saying they don't know where we are in the table and others in denial about our plight. While Dickoh might be stating what is obvious to us I am just glad to see that someone on the playing staff has their eyes wide open!

I agree though the article is nonsense. Filler for a slow news day. No different to most articles every week in that regard...

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-01-2011, 06:13 PM
least he is no telling us we are too good to go down. Fine that he wants to stay and realises that he can play his way to a new deal.

PeterboroHibee
06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Players can do nothing right can they? Last week our league position was of little concern yet and this week they are stating the bleeding obvious.

As I said in my original post, it was nothing to do with the player, it could have been anyone, its still a nothing article. Im not in any way criticising him, its the BBC Im having a go at.

Albion Hibs
06-01-2011, 06:37 PM
As I said in my original post, it was nothing to do with the player, it could have been anyone, its still a nothing article. Im not in any way criticising him, its the BBC Im having a go at.

Agreed mate, so many people on here seem to be taking some sort of pleasure out of the players saying we are in a relegation fight.

The article is a load of sh&&e out there to put pressure on the team before the game at the weekend, our league position has not changed since the weekend so why run an article on Thursday? Looks like they found the only player stupid enough to get into it as well.

Still it will keep the doom and gloom merchants happy.

SMAXXA
06-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Agreed mate, so many people on here seem to be taking some sort of pleasure out of the players saying we are in a relegation fight.

The article is a load of sh&&e out there to put pressure on the team before the game at the weekend, our league position has not changed since the weekend so why run an article on Thursday? Looks like they found the only player stupid enough to get into it as well.

Still it will keep the doom and gloom merchants happy.

You for real? The only player as far as i am concerned who has come out with the most sensible comments in weeks. All this "p*sh we are too good to go down" etc is crap we are terrible and I for one am delighted that at least one of our playing staff see it for what it is, RELEGATION BATTLE INDEED!!!!

BTW I take no pleasure saying that I just consider myself a realist

Bad Martini
06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Dinnae really want to hear anyone from the team or management telling us we are in a "relegation" battle with ***** like Hamilton...we shouldn't be. The fact we have a squad as we do and pay as we do should be reason enough to NOT be in the mess we are right now.

What I want them to do is what they are paid to do. Start growing some balls and DOING something about it. We can all see the SPL the same as they can.

MOST of them are motivated by cash...fair enough, that's their job and by definition, they take money out of it. The fans/us mugs put money in. THAT, is the difference. Therefore, some of our "players" telling us the obvious means **** all to me. Talk is cheap. What they can do, is talk on the park, get their fingers oot and start respecting the shirt. Right now, we are seeing too many players contributing next to **** all and getting paid for it.

ENDOF

SMAXXA
06-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Dinnae really want to hear anyone from the team or management telling us we are in a "relegation" battle with ***** like Hamilton...we shouldn't be. The fact we have a squad as we do and pay as we do should be reason enough to NOT be in the mess we are right now.

What I want them to do is what they are paid to do. Start growing some balls and DOING something about it. We can all see the SPL the same as they can.

MOST of them are motivated by cash...fair enough, that's their job and by definition, they take money out of it. The fans/us mugs put money in. THAT, is the difference. Therefore, some of our "players" telling us the obvious means **** all to me. Talk is cheap. What they can do, is talk on the park, get their fingers oot and start respecting the shirt. Right now, we are seeing too many players contributing next to **** all and getting paid for it.

ENDOF

Why???? Would you prefer to have a deluded squad who cant see the situation for what it is? Hamilton, St Mirren Aberdeen matter not, we are as bad as all of these on our day and the fact we have not beaten a team in the bottom 6 really worries me. I think your kidding yourslef if you cant see the trouble we are in.

Bad Martini
06-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Why???? Would you prefer to have a deluded squad who cant see the situation for what it is? Hamilton, St Mirren Aberdeen matter not, we are as bad as all of these on our day and the fact we have not beaten a team in the bottom 6 really worries me. I think your kidding yourslef if you cant see the trouble we are in.

I think you have misunderstood my post, what I said was (in summary):

1) We (all of us, everyone, with eyes) can SEE the sheite were in...
2) We (all of us, anyone supporting the cabbage) dont want or need to HEAR them telling us this
3) We want, need and ****ing well expect them to do something about it....

Telling us we're in the sheite is fine. We can all see that though (as you correctly stated). My point is, we should not be and we shouldn't be hearing that crap - INSTEAD, we expect them to dig in and play their way OUT this mess....they are paid to do it, so, they should do it.

If I may:
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shanky, Genius. :agree:

ENDOF

SMAXXA
06-01-2011, 09:54 PM
I think you have misunderstood my post, what I said was (in summary):

1) We (all of us, everyone, with eyes) can SEE the sheite were in...
2) We (all of us, anyone supporting the cabbage) dont want or need to HEAR them telling us this
3) We want, need and ****ing well expect them to do something about it....

Telling us we're in the sheite is fine. We can all see that though (as you correctly stated). My point is, we should not be and we shouldn't be hearing that crap - INSTEAD, we expect them to dig in and play their way OUT this mess....they are paid to do it, so, they should do it.

If I may:
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shanky, Genius. :agree:

ENDOF

LOL you love a wee ENDOF comment eh :wink:!!

Its easy saying they should be doing something about it but the first rule about having a problem is admitting it, and we have a big big problem down ER way! Yeah we all want them to do sumit about it, but has it ever crossed your mind these players just might not have the ability to DO something about it, and dare I say are trying their best but just arnt good enough??

ENDOF LOL :greengrin

monktonharp
06-01-2011, 09:57 PM

Still it will keep the doom and gloom merchants happy. the press will be the ones taking pleasure out of the mess we are in,along wi' that gorgie mob. our fans dont take any joy out of that,but they do have the odd rant about it,which is right imho. let's hope the majority of the hfc squad have a peek at this forum now and again.I'm sure a few of them feel that they are doing their ain wee job on the pitch,but they really need to stand up,together and get their act together before we are in the poo poo.

Bad Martini
06-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Its easy saying they should be doing something about it but the first rule about having a problem is admitting it, and we have a big big problem down ER way! Yeah we all want them to do sumit about it, but has it ever crossed your mind these players just might not have the ability to DO something about it, and dare I say are trying their best but just arnt good enough??

Indeed it crossed my mind mate. It's pretty much what we've all been saying for weeks. I've got no problem with players who aren't up to the job giving it 200% and failing (Well, I have but I have far less of a problem with it)...what I have a major problem with is players creaming plenty cash every week from the club and doing nitto for it. Give their all, I'll take that...over this season, they haven't done that, and thats why we are here....which is pissing me (and everyone else) off :agree:

LOL you love a wee ENDOF comment eh :wink:!!

ENDOF :greengrin

SMAXXA
06-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Indeed it crossed my mind mate. It's pretty much what we've all been saying for weeks. I've got no problem with players who aren't up to the job giving it 200% and failing (Well, I have but I have far less of a problem with it)...what I have a major problem with is players creaming plenty cash every week from the club and doing nitto for it. Give their all, I'll take that...over this season, they haven't done that, and thats why we are here....which is pissing me (and everyone else) off :agree:

ENDOF :greengrin

Lol Ok ENDOFY I agree but I still dont understand why people have a problem with one if not all of our players coming out and publicly stating we are in a relegation battle, geez Francis must be the eqivelant of a mastermind or eggheads player compared to the other foold who have come out with idiotic comments like "We are too good to go down" :greengrin

Tell the rest of your team mates Franny we are very much in the poop!

Albion Hibs
06-01-2011, 10:47 PM
You for real? The only player as far as i am concerned who has come out with the most sensible comments in weeks. All this "p*sh we are too good to go down" etc is crap we are terrible and I for one am delighted that at least one of our playing staff see it for what it is, RELEGATION BATTLE INDEED!!!!

BTW I take no pleasure saying that I just consider myself a realist

As I said if that is what you want to hear then good for you.

I cant imagine any manager / player in the world would be a form of professional sports person, someone at the top of their game, if they walked around with the we are f&&ked attitude.

I dont want to hear that, it is like when Yogi was here fans consistently saying he should "apologies" or say "sorry" - its like certain Hibs fans constantly need to be attended to by the club, it is cringeworthy - my bird is less high maintenance than some folk on here.

Perhaps if you are really lucky they will get hold of Dickoh tomorrow or on Monday and he may even say we are a certainty to go down, in fact that is what they are trying to achieve.

FitbaFolkKen
06-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Why are folk even debating this?The media is a massive part of football. Press get hold of Dickoh, he states the table tells the truth, we are in a battle, and that he hopes he can earn a new deal by playing well so we can move up the table.

The comments make sense, they show an appreciation of the current situation and a desire to make it better.

sahib
06-01-2011, 11:16 PM

I cant imagine any manager / player in the world would be a form of professional sports person, someone at the top of their game, if they walked around with the we are f&&ked attitude.

I dont want to hear that, it is like when Yogi was here fans consistently saying he should "apologies" or say "sorry" - its like certain Hibs fans constantly need to be attended to by the club, it is cringeworthy - my bird is less high maintenance than some folk on here.

Perhaps if you are really lucky they will get hold of Dickoh tomorrow or on Monday and he may even say we are a certainty to go down, in fact that is what they are trying to achieve.

We are in are in a relegation battle. That does not mean we are "f&&ked"- yet. It does mean we have not performed very well, it terms of accumulating enough points to be higher in the league. The comments are not about the future but what has transpired and and what our present situation is. The man could hardly deny the facts.

SMAXXA
06-01-2011, 11:19 PM

Not a case of it being good for me at all just happy that the only people who are gona get us out of this mess realise the position we are in.

Who for one minute said we are as you put it f&&ked, not me? I think there is a big difference in having a defeatest attitude to having a realistic take on the current situation. What would you prefer all the players go about saying we are too good to go down, we are improving etc? Not for me, realise the mess we are in first and foremost and deal with the situation with the hard facts, we are in a relegation battle, whats the problem with that? What would be your take on it?? Are we or are we not in a relegation battle? Whats wrong with a player saying that?

Your last comment is just rediculas.

SMAXXA
06-01-2011, 11:23 PM
[

Why are folk even debating this?The media is a massive part of football. Press get hold of Dickoh, he states the table tells the truth, we are in a battle, and that he hopes he can earn a new deal by playing well so we can move up the table.

The comments make sense, they show an appreciation of the current situation and a desire to make it better.[/

QUOTE=sahib;2680815]We are in are in a relegation battle. That does not mean we are "f&&ked"- yet. It does mean we have not performed very well, it terms of accumulating enough points to be higher in the league. The comments are not about the future but what has transpired and and what our present situation is. The man could hardly deny the facts.

Exactly, why people cant see it for what it is is beyond me :top marks

nortonhibby
06-01-2011, 11:27 PM

The comments make sense, they show an appreciation of the current situation and a desire to make it better.

i agree.

Albion Hibs
06-01-2011, 11:30 PM
We are in are in a relegation battle. That does not mean we are "f&&ked"- yet. It does mean we have not performed very well, it terms of accumulating enough points to be higher in the league. The comments are not about the future but what has transpired and and what our present situation is. The man could hardly deny the facts.

Why?

My point is that people are chocking to hear that we are in a relegation battle. Why? According the many on here we have been in a relegation battle since September. I never thought I would hear sections of our support wanting players to be down, beaten by the fact of where we are in the league, the players understand our league position and what requires to be done far better than anyone on here.

The real fact is that if they came out and said we are in bother, we are in a relegation battle they would get hammered for that - I would be one of those. I dont want to hear we are "going to give it our best" any monkey can give it their best, I could pull on a strip and give it my best, fact of the matter is the fans would give me a harder time than Nish. I want them to believe they are going out there to win, and I dont think they can believe that if they have to spend all week appeasing fans by telling them we are in trouble / a relegation battle.

FitbaFolkKen
06-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Why?

My point is that people are chocking to hear that we are in a relegation battle. Why? According the many on here we have been in a relegation battle since September. I never thought I would hear sections of our support wanting players to be down, beaten by the fact of where we are in the league, the players understand our league position and what requires to be done far better than anyone on here.

The real fact is that if they came out and said we are in bother, we are in a relegation battle they would get hammered for that - I would be one of those. I dont want to hear we are "going to give it our best" any monkey can give it their best, I could pull on a strip and give it my best, fact of the matter is the fans would give me a harder time than Nish. I want them to believe they are going out there to win, and I dont think they can believe that if they have to spend all week appeasing fans by telling them we are in trouble / a relegation battle.

It is clearly a no win scenario then, because i want an appreciation of the current situation and you want to be told they are going to win at the weekend regardless of what is going on.

When you aren't winning surely telling the world you are going to win would just put more pressure on the players?

I didn't read it as Dickoh being down, i read it as him wanting to be better.

sahib
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Why?

I think you are reading too much into the comments made. If we get relegated I shall write to the club advising them that the players should not breath a word of this to the press, in case it pushes some of us over the edge.:greengrin

SMAXXA
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Why?

1. Whos chocking to hear we are in a relegation battle other than the Jambos that is? Certainly not any Hibby I know!

2. Whos saying people want the players to be down, we want them to be realistic and admit the situation we are in like anyone that has watched Hibs play this season and looked at the league table.

3. Whos hammering them for it other than people like you, the guy has said what we all know and are seeing too, its nothing contraversial or negative it is what it is and the sooner our squad realise it the better, it may if anything else give them the kick up the rse that they have needed pretty much all season as nowt else seems to have worked.

4. I believe they do go out believeing they can win, talent or capabilities aside im sure they go out expecting they can win, just as is happens more often than not this season they havent won, hence this situation we are in.

Going back to the point here, what is wrong with one of our players coming out and being honest about his take on our current position? Im still yet to see your point TBH

Albion Hibs
06-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Not a case of it being good for me at all just happy that the only people who are gona get us out of this mess realise the position we are in.

Who for one minute said we are as you put it f&&ked, not me? I think there is a big difference in having a defeatest attitude to having a realistic take on the current situation. What would you prefer all the players go about saying we are too good to go down, we are improving etc? Not for me, realise the mess we are in first and foremost and deal with the situation with the hard facts, we are in a relegation battle, whats the problem with that? What would be your take on it?? Are we or are we not in a relegation battle? Whats wrong with a player saying that?

Your last comment is just rediculas.

I just hate those positive statements!

We are not going to agree on this, however, you do have what you are after on the above article, perhaps you should take a print out in case no one comes out with it again!!!

SMAXXA
06-01-2011, 11:46 PM
I just hate those positive statements!

We are not going to agree on this, however, you do have what you are after on the above article, perhaps you should take a print out in case no one comes out with it again!!!

Very constructive! What do you think im aiming to achieve out of interest?