05-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

Wotherspiniesta
05-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Everton 1-1 Tottenham
Newcastle 1-0 West Ham

Sir David Gray
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Tottenham dropping 2 points, Chelsea dropping 3 points and Arsenal-City currently a draw.

Absolutely fantastic set of scorelines for Fergie's boys. :thumbsup:

And just to top the night off, Liverpool's losing 2-0 at Blackburn. :faf:

Barney McGrew
05-01-2011, 09:12 PM
4-0 Newcastle now

steviecarnie
Leon Best - Hat Trick so far

Billy Whizz
How bad must West Ham be if Newcastle can take at least 5 off them!

steviecarnie
4-0 Newcastle now

5-0

SteveHFC
05-01-2011, 09:14 PM
3-0 Blackburn :grr:

ronaldo7
05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
3-0 Blackburn. See ye Roy

Sylar
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
How on earth are City so high in the league - they have absolutely no attacking prowess when they play the big teams!

Having said that, Arsenal also look quite toothless.

steviecarnie
05-01-2011, 09:28 PM
chelsea down to 6th if games finish at they are hahahaha http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

ScottB
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Something I heard from an interesting source...

Benetiez has had talks with... Chelsea!

Maybe total balls, but would be hilarious if true haha

down-the-slope
05-01-2011, 09:30 PM
3-0 Blackburn. See ye Roy

:agree: :bye:

down-the-slope
05-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

Fletcher corner helped in by defender

Sir David Gray
05-01-2011, 09:33 PM
chelsea down to 6th if games finish at they are hahahaha http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

Not quite, they would stay in 5th place but they would only be 2 points above Sunderland in 6th and 3 points above Bolton in 7th. :thumbsup:

NINE points behind Manchester Utd, with United having a game in hand over them. :thumbsup:

Zabaleta and Sagna sent off for Arsenal and City.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Full time at Molineux;

Wolves 1-0 Chelsea :thumbsup:

steviecarnie
05-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Not quite, they would stay in 5th place but they would only be 2 points above Sunderland in 6th and 3 points above Bolton in 7th. :thumbsup:

NINE points behind Manchester Utd, with United having a game in hand over them. :thumbsup:

ah i wasnt sure if the beebs table was updated during the matches on weekends

Sir David Gray
05-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Full time at Emirates;

Arsenal 0-0 Manchester City :thumbsup:

steviecarnie
05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Gerrard missed pen hohohohoho

down-the-slope
05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Fergie will be sipping a nice glass of Claret pleased with good nights work :wink:

Spurs losing
Chelsea lost
Gunners and City drawing

Liverpool humiliated for good measure

Twiglet
05-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Sagna gets sent off and still scores more points that Ashley Cole in my fantasy football team. Need to find another defender to replace him (cole) with.

I'm loving that Tottenham are a point above Chelsea now. I also can't believe that Villa are now in the relegation zone (on goal difference anyway). The EPL is very topsy turvy at the moment.

down-the-slope
05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Gerard missed from spot for Pool after they got it to 3-1 :faf:

There are currently 10 teams within 5 points of bottom spot after Wolves hauled themselves up

Ritchie
05-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Leon Best - Hat Trick so far

Someone in another thread said he's not Hibs class.

Glad I never bothered putting any coupons on tonight. Crazy results.

SteveHFC
05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
3-1 Blackburn FT :grr:

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Boring boring City.

Time wasted and feigned injury as early as the 17th minute..What you expect with an Italian Manager...Ruined that game tonight..Jo went down with absolute nowt wrong with him.

TPAKA : Ken your a man city fan so its no a go at you :greengrin

Sir David Gray
05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
So this is how the top of the Premiership table looks tonight;

This is how Manchester Utd compare to their rivals right now;

Manchester City-2 points in front with 2 games in hand.
Arsenal-4 points in front with 1 game in hand.
Tottenham-8 points in front with 1 game in hand.
Chelsea-9 points in front with 1 game in hand.

Just for entertainment purposes, I thought I would mention that Manchester Utd are also currently 19 points ahead of Liverpool. :faf:

Liverpool are now just 4 points above the relegation spots after their ninth defeat in 20 matches.

steviecarnie
05-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Eric abidal just scored his first senior goal..........he's 31

Hibbie_Cameron
05-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Whe cares about the top of the premiership which is about as boring as ever!

The bottom looks fantastic, 5 points seperating half the division, teams in the bottom 3 changing day by day. You cant predict who will go down

Hibbie_Cameron
05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
How bad must West Ham be if Newcastle can take at least 5 off them!

How good must Newcastle be to score 5 with both first team strikers out injured?:greengrin

Wembley67
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
How the hell did arsenal not score in that game tonight?!

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2011, 10:58 PM
How good must Newcastle be to score 5 with both first team strikers out injured?:greengrin

I went to the Blackpool v Birmingham game last night, and the Birmingham fans sang a tremendous song near the end. Well i thought it was funny. :greengrin

We're winning away

We're winning awayyyyyyyyy

How bad must you be

We're winning away. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 11:01 PM

A combination of a team from the outset hell bent on taking a point..Feigning injury as early as the SEVENTEENTH MINUTE!!! and putting 11 players behind the ball from the off.

Man city be very ashamed..Millions spent on the team, Incentive to go level with Utd and you feighn injury after injury..Disgracefull to watch..JO your a fraud.

Despicable from Man City

gunnerhibee
05-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Whe cares about the top of the premiership which is about as boring as ever!

The bottom looks fantastic, 5 points seperating half the division, teams in the bottom 3 changing day by day. You cant predict who will go down

OMG, how can you say the 'top' of the league is boring - you must be very content watching the dregs of the Premiership. Still, it's a huge amount better than the SPL, suppose what you base your opinions on ...... :confused:

Hibbie_Cameron
05-01-2011, 11:19 PM
OMG, how can you say the 'top' of the league is boring - you must be very content watching the dregs of the Premiership. Still, it's a huge amount better than the SPL, suppose what you base your opinions on ...... :confused:

Whats exciting about Man Utd romping the league?

Perhaps boring is the wrong word but answer these questions:

Predict right now who you think will win the premiership? My guess is Man Utd by some distance

Predict right now the 3 teams to get relegated? Could be anyone of 10 teams maybe more

ScottB
05-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Whats exciting about Man Utd romping the league?

Perhaps boring is the wrong word but answer these questions:

Predict right now who you think will win the premiership? My guess is Man Utd by some distance

Predict right now the 3 teams to get relegated? Could be anyone of 10 teams maybe more

Not that long ago people were saying Chelsea were certs for the title. The ability of the top sides to drop points has been the only consistent thing this season. The Premiership title race is far from over.

down-the-slope
06-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Didn't put the ball between the two white sticks :dunno:

mjhibby
06-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Full time at Molineux;

Wolves 1-0 Chelsea :thumbsup:

Chelsea look a spent force just now and a very unhappy camp.How long until roman bins ancelotti.The sacking of wilkins must go down as the biggest og chelsea have done since binning the special one.They had an easy start to the season but couldnt pull away from utd and arsenal and while they two are probably around the same level as last season,chelsea have a much weaker squad and the likes of terry and drogba arent at the races just now.
Drogba did have malaria but shouldnt have come back so quick.Chelsea look similar to us in having wee cliques and even ancelotti cant seem to halt a run even worse than were having.Cant say i like chelsea much but even i am surprised how fast they have slid down the table and who knows they could miss out on the champions league at this rate.I certainly wouldnt mind arsenal winning the league as they are great to watch but you get the feeling its uniteds now even though this isnt a vintage utd team and that arsenal are just one or two players short from winning the league.
Man city were shocking last night and for the money they have spent should be doing better but i suppose their target is top four and they are well on the way to achieving it.

Green_one
06-01-2011, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;2679930]So this is how the top of the Premiership table looks tonight;

This is how Manchester Utd compare to their rivals right now;

Manchester City-2 points in front with 2 games in hand.
Arsenal-4 points in front with 1 game in hand.
Tottenham-8 points in front with 1 game in hand.
Chelsea-9 points in front with 1 game in hand.

QUOTE]
Lets not gloat now :greengrin

Long way to go but Chelsea, who I thought were the threat, look out of it at the moment. City are now the most boring team in the league.

The game on Sunday will be interesting. Will Liverpool come out like a wounded animal or play like they did tonight? Will they have a manager?

heretoday
06-01-2011, 10:14 AM
No way are Chelsea out of it - or anyone else for that matter. This league is so tight.

Man Utd have done incredibly well to remain unbeaten because the times I've watched them they have failed to convince, especially at the back.

Now Bale has an injury we'll see if Spurs can maintain the challenge.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Lets not gloat now :greengrin

Long way to go but Chelsea, who I thought were the threat, look out of it at the moment. City are now the most boring team in the league.

The game on Sunday will be interesting. Will Liverpool come out like a wounded animal or play like they did tonight? Will they have a manager?

Not gloating, there is still a long way to go. :agree:

United are in a very strong position now though, particularly after they beat Stoke on Tuesday and the other teams at the top all dropped points last night.

However, they still have several huge games to play throughout the rest of the season. They still have to play Chelsea twice, they still need to go to Arsenal, they have a Manchester derby at Old Trafford and they also need to go to Tottenham next week.

I think if they get about 8 or 9 points from those 5 matches, they'll win the title. Personally I think they'll win the two home games that they have in that list of matches (against City and Chelsea) and it just depends on how they do away to Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea.

They also have a trip to Anfield to deal with and although Liverpool's away record is shocking and they are close to relegation, they have only lost two home games this season, so that may not be a foregone conclusion that many people might expect it to be.

No way are Chelsea out of it - or anyone else for that matter. This league is so tight.

Man Utd have done incredibly well to remain unbeaten because the times I've watched them they have failed to convince, especially at the back.

Now Bale has an injury we'll see if Spurs can maintain the challenge.

I think it's going to be very difficult for Chelsea to get back into it now, to be honest. If they're going to win the league this year, they'll have to mount the biggest comeback for 13 years, when Arsenal won the title having been 12 points behind leaders Manchester Utd after 21 games.

However, Manchester Utd are the first team to be undefeated after 21 matches, since Arsenal went the entire season undefeated in season 2003-04.

United aren't playing particularly well this season but to be undefeated after more than half the season has been played (in fact, United last lost a league match 9 months ago) is no mean feat.

It's not a bad record for a side that is supposedly playing at a mediocre standard.

Green_one
07-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Its not the points gap with United that makes me worry about Chelsea but their lack of form and obvious internal beakdown. OK they could suddenly turn it all around but will they?

Would that take a change in manager? I am unclear what is wrong with a team that looked impressive in the first 1/4 of the season. Does anyone really know? Cannot just be Wilkins leaving. Their main guys are all struggling and their new boys are not up to the task. Needs a bit of new blood I suspect.

United are not getting the praise they deserve. Sure they have not looked wonderful and their away record is conservative but at home they are invulnerable. You can base a league strategy on constantly winning at home and not losing away. Well you can this season. :greengrin You do not give a team like United a useful lead, especially when you are losing points all over the place yourself. If the position with Chelsea were reversed I would be pretty depressed. Its not over by any means but it would take bottle to bet on someone other than United. The flaws in the other teams are even more apparent. If someone really wants the league then now is the time to show they are up for it.