PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Transfer Window Suggestions Thread

leith_hibs
03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Just been told that Hibs have signed a young lad called Murray Davidson from St Johnstone for £200000 can anyone confirm ???

Billy Whizz
03-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Yogi was interested in him!
Source

Since90+2
03-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Just been told that Hibs have signed a young lad called Murray Davidson from St Johnstone for £200000 can anyone confirm ???

Told by who?

leith_hibs
03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
1 coach from Perth

WindyMiller
03-01-2011, 09:36 PM

A 5' 11" mid-fielder!

Too tall, IMO.

Diclonius
03-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Now THIS would be something.

Would be delighted if he signed. He can kiss goodbye to the Scotland squad though.

IWasThere2016
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Hope not. We need better and have other priorities needing dealt with first IMHO eg striker and full-backs

James70
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
6'1 midfielder, he was with Livi previously. Called up to the Scotland squad for the match against the Faroes. If he has signed for Hibs then Harry Potter won't be calling on his services again for sure.

Greenblood70
03-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Have liked the look of this lad when I've seen him. Would be a good bit of business for us this early in the window. Hope its true.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Hope not. We need better and have other priorities needing dealt with first IMHO eg striker and full-backs

Is he not a left-back/wing-back?

scoopyboy
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Is he not a left-back/wing-back?

attacking midfielder when I've seen him.

Wembley67
03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
A young Scottish player with a slightly hefty price tag for hibs, sounds a positive from the BOARD if true!

AgentDaleCooper
03-01-2011, 09:45 PM
i was at school with him and can confirm that he is better than me at football.

PISTOL1875
03-01-2011, 09:45 PM
attacking midfielder when I've seen him.

Replacement for Liam Miller ???

WindyMiller
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM
i was at school with him and can confirm that he is better than me at football.

Are you better or worse than John Rankin?

Billy Whizz
03-01-2011, 09:49 PM

Doubt it. We need a left back/wing back who can go forward! Grounds is only a loan player. Apart from young Booth, who else can play this role week in week out!

scoopyboy
03-01-2011, 09:50 PM

carries more goal threat than Miller.

WindyMiller
03-01-2011, 09:51 PM

He's scored 5 goals in 33 games; bloody prolific compared to our mid-field!
Surely makes more sense than signing De Graf?

Hibbie_Cameron
03-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Davidson is a right winger or attacking centre midfielder.

Would be pretty happy if we signed him

Billy Whizz
03-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Davidson is a right winger or attacking centre midfielder.

Would be pretty happy if we signed him

That's not where he plays with SJ.

truehibernian
03-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Good player, also carries a threat from set pieces as he is good in the air.

The downside would be a weaker Saints side at Tynie to knock the wind out the Yams sails and out the cup :greengrin

In all seriousness, if true, a very promising signing.

stevenhibs
03-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Murray Davidson is superb, a real digger of a player. I was talking to a mate yesterday about him but though he would have been out of our range.

Cracking scoop that if true!

ScottB
03-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Was thinking to myself that if this is true it might shut some of the moaners up for a bit, but no, they are already here bitching away :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good signing to me, young, Scottish, good potential, proven in the SPL and weakens a rival team, plus of course an amount of cash that will stop the 'Petrie doesn't spend any cash' nonsense...

At The Edge
03-01-2011, 10:02 PM
CC was talking about wanting certain players but wasn't sure if their present club would sell, maybe this is one of them.
A decent signing if confirmed.:agree:

Billy Whizz
03-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Was thinking to myself that if this is true it might shut some of the moaners up for a bit, but no, they are already here bitching away :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good signing to me, young, Scottish, good potential, proven in the SPL and weakens a rival team, plus of course an amount of cash that will stop the 'Petrie doesn't spend any cash' nonsense...

If true, some of the Bamba money being used wisely. We have more than enough centre backs. Need wide players and attackers to take us forward.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I was quite impressed with him whenever I saw him last season.

I haven't seen much of him so far this season but I would be happy if this turns out to be true.

Billy Whizz
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Would love this to be true but like a like a lot of threads need to see something official from Hibs.
If you look at our central midfield on Saturday, Murray, Miller and D Graff are not the youngest in the SPL and we need fresh legs.

PC Stamp
03-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Signed an extension to his contract at the end of last season which would keep him at St J until the end of season 2012/13.

If we have signed him for £200K it's a smart piece of business.

Shrekko

How come you think he's not good enough?

Our midfield is rank!!

Spike Mandela
Unfortunately I reckon it's more likely to be Callum Davidson.

Alfred E Newman
03-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Our midfield is rank!!

The whole team is rank. Good signing if true and the type of player we should be attracting to the club. Can only think that Adams has instigated this.

truehibernian
03-01-2011, 10:28 PM
A Saints fan is saying it's Callum Davidson from Preston we are signing. Please let it not be so :rolleyes:

Shrekko
03-01-2011, 10:28 PM
The whole team is rank. Good signing if true and the type of player we should be attracting to the club. Can only think that Adams has instigated this.
:agree:

All good players in all positions except goalie are currently welcome IMO and he is a fine player.

Speedway
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
As long as it's not Jim Davidson.

The only thing that would worry me about this is that it appears to be another Petrie signing.

We were in for him at length with Yogi and it's awfully coincidental that CC has scouted him and singled him out also.

Rankin, Nish, Murray and Riordan were all signed this way so at least Rod's got a 50% success rate.

Dunbar Hibee
03-01-2011, 10:33 PM
As long as it's not Jim Davidson.

The only thing that would worry me about this is that it appears to be another Petrie signing.

We were in for him at length with Yogi and it's awfully coincidental that CC has scouted him and singled him out also.

Rankin, Nish, Murray and Riordan were all signed this way so at least Rod's got a 50% success rate.
Unless it turns out to be Callum Davidson of course, then it's CC's signing.:wink:

monktonharp
03-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Are you better or worse than John Rankin?I wanted to ask him that:fuming:

MontrealHibs
03-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Callum Davidson is fairly prone to injury. Highly rated by the Preston fans, but stuggling to get a game right now (despite being the captain). He will be 35 before the season is out.

WindyMiller
03-01-2011, 10:37 PM
A Saints fan is saying it's Callum Davidson from Preston we are signing. Please let it not be so :rolleyes:

PNE are struggling, having lost about 5 loanees they'd not let their Captain go at the moment.

He'd probably still do a better job than Grounds though.

WindyMiller
03-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I wanted to ask him that:fuming:

He's taking a long time to reply, I assume he's still mulling it over.:greengrin
Could be a really close call.

:na na:

IWasThere2016
03-01-2011, 10:49 PM
So it could be another PNE full-back - bound to be better than the last one.

IWasThere2016
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM

Our midfield is rank!!

It is rank. I'd prefer to see some experience as we're in a dog fight. I also think we need a new striker right away as only Deeks knows where the goals are - the prolific duo of Nish and Trakys aint gonna get us up the table. Duffy probs needs more games but looked handy at the weekend.

down-the-slope
03-01-2011, 11:21 PM
6'1 midfielder, he was with Livi previously. Called up to the Scotland squad for the match against the Faroes. If he has signed for Hibs then Harry Potter won't be calling on his services again for sure.

Jeezo whats he being fed...hes grown 2 inches in 3 minutes...:cool2:

Albion Hibs
03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Jeezo whats he being fed...hes grown 2 inches in 3 minutes...:cool2:

A few bad games for hibs and he will end up 5 foot 5 inches.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Midfield is the most important positions that need strengthening. We don't create any chances, and lose the individual battles. We need players that can graft, but can also create and attack.

MrSmith
03-01-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm sure both Trakys and Smiths contracts are up now

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM

:pray:

HarpyHibby
03-01-2011, 11:33 PM
My mate plays for saints 19's, just gave him a text to see if he knows anything. For the record, Hibs played a closed doors game against them a few weeks ago in which we won 2-1, coming from a goal down, highlight of the match was apparently dickoh about scrapping with bob Malcolm!

3pm
03-01-2011, 11:38 PM
I think we are so bad that we are beyond prioritising positions. If we got a RB, CH, LB, CF or a couple of midfielders someone would be hard pushed to argue one was a priority over the other because of the mess we are in. We need a couple of really good buys, no guff like Billy Mehmet for example.

Cocaine&Caviar
03-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Id actually say Murray Davidson is more of a box to box type player than a distinct attacking mid or winger, not particuarly fast or a good dribbler, but has good energy, can get stuck in, and makes runds into the box.

PISTOL1875
03-01-2011, 11:44 PM

Trakys and Smith both have contracts until the end of the season....

MrSmith
03-01-2011, 11:45 PM
:pray:

Goalie Smithy, if you like! Sure he only signed an 18month deal with us. Also my post was more in response to TQM's post about Trakys and Nish...although very ambiguous! :na na:

PISTOL1875: Trakys and Smith both have contracts until the end of the season....

Are you sure? Source? ;)

truehibernian
03-01-2011, 11:46 PM
I just cannot see Saints selling Murray for that amount of money. Certainly one of their star assets and it's far too low a transfer fee for Geoff Brown to agree to.

Unless there is a large sell-on fee I would be very sceptical about this one.

ScottB
03-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Goalie Smithy, if you like! Sure he only signed an 18month deal with us. Also my post was more in response to TQM's post about Trakys and Nish...although very ambiguous! :na na:

Are you sure? Source? ;)

If Smith signed an 18 month deal last January, surely that would mean he's here till the summer no?

PISTOL1875
04-01-2011, 12:07 AM

Are you sure? Source? ;)

Google...:wink::wink::wink:

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 12:09 AM
We need a right sided midfielder to protect our right back.

Hart is slow, but he's utterly exposed.

I don't believe we've signed Murray Davidson though.

MrSmith
04-01-2011, 12:13 AM
If Smith signed an 18 month deal last January, surely that would mean he's here till the summer no?

That would be logical. When did Mark Brown sign?

Toaods
04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I just cannot see Saints selling Murray for that amount of money. Certainly one of their star assets and it's far too low a transfer fee for Geoff Brown to agree to.

Unless there is a large sell-on fee I would be very sceptical about this one.

as far as I can see, he's under contract until the end of next season so £200K might well be a bit light, but the temptation of a decent sell on clause should he go on may well suit both clubs.

He is a bit injury prone but would get better exposure playing for us. Rumour has it the Pars had a good deal lined up for any Bamba transfer and maybe Petrie offers the benefit of money that effectively wouldn't be coming out of our own coffers.

Albion Hibs
04-01-2011, 12:27 AM
as far as I can see, he's under contract until the end of next season so £200K might well be a bit light, but the temptation of a decent sell on clause should he go on may well suit both clubs.

He is a bit injury prone but would get better exposure playing for us. Rumour has it the Pars had a good deal lined up for any Bamba transfer and maybe Petrie offers the benefit of money that effectively wouldn't be coming out of our own coffers.

As I understand it Dunfermlines sell on clause did not cover the entire duration of Sols contract with Hibs and there entitlement expired a while back, so all money should come to Hibs.

ScottB
04-01-2011, 12:30 AM
As I understand it Dunfermlines sell on clause did not cover the entire duration of Sols contract with Hibs and there entitlement expired a while back, so all money should come to Hibs.

Yeah it had expired, all the cash comes to us.

truehibernian
04-01-2011, 12:32 AM

Very true, and Leishman actually went on record to say that the sell-on for Sol was in the 20-25% region.

I still cannot see Saints selling a player of Davidson's ability and importance to them for such a small fee. I know that they are currently toiling cashwise due to being out of action for a few weeks over the winter period, so unless this is a very sudden kneejerk sale, I simply don't think we have nor will sign him.

Hibs will sign loanees to shore things up IMO, not permanent deals (in January). I think Rod would choke on his morning croissant at the very thought of handing over that kind of cheque to Geoff Brown. They invented copper wire fighting over a penny that pair.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 12:36 AM
He is a bit injury prone but would get better exposure playing for us.

How so, Dave? :dunno:

truehibernian
04-01-2011, 12:38 AM

I think it was still live. Leishman inserted the same clause as he did with Noel Hunt when he was sold to Dundee Utd.

BEEJ
04-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Trakys and Smith both have contracts until the end of the season....
Correct. :aok:

That would be logical. When did Mark Brown sign?
End of January 2010 for two and a half years.

Toaods
04-01-2011, 02:03 AM

..and even if that is proven to be correct then it's the sell on period that will have proven to be the attraction. perhaps Rod gives his fish a little line before playing dead and reeling it in...:wink:

How so, Dave? :dunno:

we get more media coverage and are 'a bigger club' in the eyes of the English Leagues and any player looking to earn a few quid.

...don't get me wrong I have a mate who is a die-hard Saintee season ticket holder and he's raved about Davidson since he first signed for them and although I haven't spoken to him on this rumour, I think he'd be surprised at the transfer fee and expect it to be higher.

ScottB
04-01-2011, 02:08 AM
The sell on clause had definitely expired, was told so by a 'very good source' and I have no reason to doubt him.

Not to use that tired old cliche but there you go ;)

Forza Fred
04-01-2011, 08:34 AM

More than likely this is the target - the press are saying that Aberdeen are interested in him too..so he must be gettin gpunted from Preston.

Dombie
04-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Saints fans rubbishing the rumour.

Jim44
04-01-2011, 09:19 AM
MD is a huge prospect and presumably won't move to any other Scottish club now, except Rangers or Celtic. I think he'll be playing in England next year.

sven nil
04-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I know hibs are in for him and he will be here soon, heard it on the radio after the game on saterday!

sahib
04-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I know hibs are in for him and he will be here soon, heard it on the radio after the game on saterday!

Who?

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Who?

Calum Davidson.

Unless he ends up at Aberdeen.

sven nil
04-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Who? believe it or not mate it was reply to the opening thread ,Murray

sahib
04-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Calum Davidson.

Unless he ends up at Aberdeen.

So we are signing the crap old one rather than the young hot prospect.
FFS! What a surprise.

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 09:49 AM
believe it or not mate it was reply to the opening thread ,Murray

Not what I'd heard - who's your source?

Jim44
04-01-2011, 09:51 AM
If the Davidson in question is the 'Calum' variety, our plight gets more and more depressing.

offshorehibby
04-01-2011, 09:52 AM
If his contract is up in the summer then he should be able to sign a pre contract with Hibs now. If that is so then maybe saint will be wanting to recoup something even if it is a nominal fee.

CC has to jobs at the moment, firstly to keep Hibs up and secondly to start building for the future. MD is part of the second.

sven nil
04-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Not what I'd heard - who's your source? Told you on my first post. radio, whoever was commenting on the saints game for bbc scotland,

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Told you on my first post. radio, whoever was commenting on the saints game for bbc scotland,

oh right - the radio - well scratch that then :greengrin: like the way you wrote he'll be here soon:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Drops a bomb and sits back and s******s.

Not a hope in hell it will have only taken 200k to gain his services.

sven nil
04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
oh right - the radio - well scratch that then :greengrin: like the way you wrote he'll be here soon:thumbsup:

yes when he was reading the teams he said he reckoned murray would be at hibs within a few days.(THATS SOON ENOUGH FOE ME) It would be ok if you heard it though eh|

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 10:31 AM
yes when he was reading the teams he said he reckoned murray would be at hibs within a few days.(THATS SOON ENOUGH FOE ME) It would be ok if you heard it though eh|

Lets wait and see Sven, shall we - I don't think it will happen, you obviously do.

sven nil
04-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Lets wait and see Sven, shall we - I don't think it will happen, you obviously do. I do hope so.

Toaods
04-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Was anyone else listening to Radio Dreamon.?

basehibby
04-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Murray Davidson would be an ideal signing - energetic midfielder who can pitch in with a few goals and has his best years ahead of him. Really hope this happens as we desperately need some positive news as well as a boost to the first team.

Calum Davidson? Maybe a few years ago, but if PNE are wanting rid then it sounds like he's ready for the knackers yard now. Hughes took a similar gamble with DeGraaf who still seems to be struggling to get to grips with the pace of the SPL - we don't need to make the same mistake again.

brog
04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Three comments;
1. I would love it to be Murray Davidson but think he's out our price range, though he shouldn't be!!
2. I saw PNE at Palace yesterday, they were woeful but no sign of Callum Davidson.
3. DR reports today that Pars will get windfall from Bamba transfer, though only 10%.

Moulin Yarns
04-01-2011, 11:43 AM
I think it is more likely to be this Davidson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Davidson_(comedian) he fits the 'Hibs Class' profile more closely than the other two :wink:

Toaods
04-01-2011, 01:12 PM
I think it is more likely to be this Davidson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Davidson_(comedian) he fits the 'Hibs Class' profile more closely than the other two :wink:

that's a good one but like Jim Davidson's timing you were only 54 posts late...:greengrin

Moulin Yarns
04-01-2011, 01:24 PM
that's a good one but like Jim Davidson's timing you were only 54 posts late...:greengrin

Ooops, Sorry Toaods, and Speedway, I missed that one. :rolleyes:

blairwallace
04-01-2011, 01:40 PM
name doesn't fit into any song tune, tell him to GTF! :greengrin

Green Man
04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I'd be shocked and delighted if we signed Murray Davidson. I've been well impressed the times I've seen him, and my dad is a Livi ST holder and rates him very highly. 200k would be an absolute steal.

Haven't seen Calum Davidson play in a long time, rated him about 10-15 years ago but from what I hear he's lost a fair bit since then.Wouldn't be a great signing IMO.

erin go bragh
04-01-2011, 02:04 PM
would he be worth a deal to the end of season[i no he missed that howler against inverness] but he done a turn for accies last season , maybe a pay when you play deal . thoughts?

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Division 1 player - so depends on whether you think the glass is half full or half empty.

PaulSmith
04-01-2011, 02:07 PM
No. I'm struggling to add anything else to be honest, the thought of him back at ER...just a big no thanks

sean
04-01-2011, 02:09 PM
i know him personally since i was 12.lot of complete ***** who ever made this up

Vini1875
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
What did he do for Hibs the last time? We need to be getting players who are better than what we have and at the same time better than our rivals. I want to see have better players than hearts, dufc and motherwell. On that basis big MAC is a no.

500miles
04-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Curier would be a good signing for a relegation dogfight, and if that's where we see ourselves, then yeah, I'd give him a chance.

hibbymark
04-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Im sure his agent is Gary Mackay and for that reason alone i cant see him coming to us.

Nameless
04-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Did he not get released by Dundee because he was injured? Regardless, it is still a no.

scoopyboy
04-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Im sure his agent is Gary Mackay and for that reason alone i cant see him coming to us.

Gary has a few Hibs players on his books and they are happy with him.

When MD was at Livingston GM tried to get Mixu to sign him for £50,000.

That should blow that particular theory right out of the water.

Toaods
04-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Gary has a few Hibs players on his books and they are happy with him.

When MD was at Livingston GM tried to get Mixu to sign him for £50,000.

That should blow that particular theory right out of the water.

:agree: Garry O'Connor also extended his contract with Hibs under the scrote.

BT58
04-01-2011, 02:41 PM
has he not signed for the accies?????????
didnt he score a few against us,when he was with them the last time

Expecting Rain
04-01-2011, 02:57 PM
No thanks in my opinion you couldn`t get a real centre forward between Courier, Nish and Trackys, Lee Miller would be worth a gamble though, proven in the SPL.
We probaly couldn`t afford him though so we `ll have to look for a decent loan signing in the meantime, hoping but not confident we will.

James70
04-01-2011, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't take him back now but I could see him going back to the Accies and scoring against us.

Removed
04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
He was pish first time round iirc

(I can mind my very first argument on here about the very man with Delabooze :greengrin)

Removed
04-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Agents surely would do what is best for their player and their commission. Doubt GM would let any petty feelings about Hibs affect his responsibility. If he did I'm sure the player would get someone better to represent him.

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
He was on trial at stade de reims ligue 2 over december but did nt win a deal because Hubert Fournier manager said he just lacked pace to win a deal that was all :wink:he thought he was a player but pace was issue

He is a good player just needed time to settle at hibs

Speedway
04-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I'd rather have a literal big Mac up front than that big MAC.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2011, 05:20 PM
He was pish first time round iirc

(I can mind my very first argument on here about the very man with Delabooze :greengrin)

He does seem to like a pish centre forward. :greengrin

.Sean.
04-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Rubbish.

He just got CB a 4.5 year extension.

Golden Bear
04-01-2011, 06:03 PM
i know him personally since i was 12.lot of complete ***** who ever made this up

Can you not convince him that it would be a great move if he did sign for us? :greengrin

Seriously, he's just the type of player we need right now.

Goal, Archibald
04-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Murray Davidson would be an excellent signing for us. Young, has a bit of experience already and from what I have seen of him, has a right good engine about him (with quality in there)

200k seems a bit of a low price if I'm being honest, but there might be a clause in his contract?

Oh, and Gary MacKays job is to get his client the right move, regardless of what the club is.

aberhibsfc
04-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Is their any weight behind this rumour or is it all just chinese whispers?

Jim44
04-01-2011, 06:32 PM
MAC has more respect for Hamilton than Hibernian and they have the first option on him. I can't see him not signing for them. He'll probably come back to haunt us again. :greengrin

Goal, Archibald
04-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Think money could be better spent. I'm sure one of Calderwood's pluses from the boards point of view was his knowledge of players down in English football. He has managed in the mid leagues down there as well as knowing the young players at PL clubs.

Lets see what that can bring to the table.

Have a feeling also that when Duffy gets games under his belt, he will do a turn for us.

since90plustwo
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
heard that he is coming over for contract talks. certainly hope not as he is ****3!!! hes not better than nish or trakys

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2011, 07:45 PM
With respect to MD but im sure CC has other irons in the fire not unless Adams has recommended him

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Is their any weight behind this rumour or is it all just chinese whispers?

It's all a loady.....:greengrin

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Think money could be better spent. I'm sure one of Calderwood's pluses from the boards point of view was his knowledge of players down in English football. He has managed in the mid leagues down there as well as knowing the young players at PL clubs.

Lets see what that can bring to the table.

Have a feeling also that when Duffy gets games under his belt, he will do a turn for us.
:agree: - a bit of expectation that we would sign a few decent English, or even players from England...

Will be interesting to see how this pans out through the month of January :stirrer:

Baldy
04-01-2011, 08:14 PM
if it is Callum Davidson as long as he is a free signing then he would probably do as a stop gap until end of season especially as it looks like Grounds (who hasn't impressed anyway) is heading back to Boro.

and with Hanlon obviously being lined up to form the Centre pairing with Dicoh then we will be short of a Left back...

and no I wouldn't throw Booth in there at the moment .. its a relegation fight we are in at the moment and I would rather have experience in the back four as we already have 1 inexperienced player in Hanlon

R'Albin
04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I fully expect to get slated for this but, has anybody seen him play before? Because he appears to have a good track record:agree: Although he seems to have personal troubles....

Thoughts? should Hibs give him a go?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calum_Davenport

HIBERNIAN 1875
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Out of favour at Cardiff, on CC's radar. :agree:

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Out of favour at Cardiff, on CC's radar. :agree:

Source?

Ritchie
04-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I do love silly season.

HIBERNIAN 1875
04-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Source?
I'm friendly with a current Hibs player. Not saying this deal is a certainty, but there's certainly some interest from us.....

Goal, Archibald
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Would bite your hands off for the Gavin Rae that...

Was at Dundee
Left Rangers

Have to confess that he completely slipped off my radar, just checked on Wiki and he was 33 last November.

Would add experience but the last thing we need is someone who's legs cant give us the 90.

hibbill2002
04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I fully expect to get slated for this but, has anybody seen him play before? Because he appears to have a good track record:agree: Although he seems to have personal troubles....

Thoughts? should Hibs give him a go?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calum_Davenport

Do you think we should have a stab at him?

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM

Might be cutting off our nose....

HIBERNIAN 1875
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Wasnt this guy told he'll never play again?

Springbank
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
He'd put the Hibs in Chibs

R'Albin
04-01-2011, 08:50 PM
:tee hee:

hibbill2002
04-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Sheffield United are interested:wink:

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Sheffield United are interested:wink:

That is so cutting.

Hibee Daz
04-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Depends if he uses studs or blades?:wink:

Goal, Archibald
04-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I hear the selling club are looking to slash their wage bill.

Oh come on, it was not that bad!

:greengrin

hibbill2002
04-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I hear the selling club are looking to slash their wage bill.

Oh come on, it was not that bad!

:greengrin
Aye they're gonni plunge intae the transfer market

Gala Foxes
04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
makes Darren McCormack look like a choir boy

Hibee Daz
04-01-2011, 09:24 PM
There's actually no point in him joining Hibs, one bad game and the knives would be out!:greengrin

Gala Foxes
04-01-2011, 09:25 PM
a potentially under-whelming signing

Hibee Daz
04-01-2011, 09:28 PM
a potentially under-whelming signing

:agree: No more finished journey-men please.:pray:

Holmesdale Hibs
04-01-2011, 09:32 PM
would he be worth a deal to the end of season[i no he missed that howler against inverness] but he done a turn for accies last season , maybe a pay when you play deal . thoughts?

Wasn't good enough before and we didn't miss him at all when he left. I'd sooner play the strikers we have or give one of the youth players a chance. Definitely not IMO.

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Down at Notts County not sure if he is injured or nor playing under Paul Ince ...But he is a cracking player who has found his way again after Injury but i reckon he could do a turn for us :

And Young Renton playing at Mussy Juniors Great prospect Tall striker with skill and good finishing

both players could do a turn and wouldnt cost the world :agree:

bingo70
04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
No offence to yourself, at least your starting a thread, and i'm not wanting to tell admins how to do there 'jobs' as i'm sure they're busy enough as it is but could it not be an idea to have a linked thread for players who could do a job?

Seems a pointless exercise having loads of threads of players who could do a job for us when 99% of these threads suggesting players doesn't happen.

No big deal and only a suggestion as i just find it a bit annoying seeing these threads thinking we're actually signing players only to open them up to find it's just a player someone was at school with, someone completely unrealistic or someone they signed on football manager.

Edit:-Just checked and at first glance there's 8 players being suggested as potential signings, it's like it's turning into that stupid football rumours website

Jim44
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm getting worried about Calderwood when I hear names like Calum Davidson and Gavin Rae being banded about. Maybe we could change East Mains to Hibernian FC Veteran Rehabilitation Centre. :greengrin

ronaldo7
Down at Notts County not sure if he is injured or nor playing under Paul Ince ...But he is a cracking player who has found his way again after Injury but i reckon he could do a turn for us :

And Young Renton playing at Mussy Juniors Great prospect Tall striker with skill and good finishing

Was he playing today against the Hertz? Beat 6-2 I believe. Hertz had Wallace and Obua playing today and Obua scored 4.

eastmainsmsh
No offence to yourself, at least your starting a thread, and i'm not wanting to tell admins how to do there 'jobs' as i'm sure they're busy enough as it is but could it not be an idea to have a linked thread for players who could do a job?

Seems a pointless exercise having loads of threads of players who could do a job for us when 99% of these threads suggesting players doesn't happen.

No big deal and only a suggestion as i just find it a bit annoying seeing these threads thinking we're actually signing players only to open them up to find it's just a player someone was at school with, someone completely unrealistic or someone they signed on football manager.

Edit:-Just checked and at first glance there's 8 players being suggested as potential signings, it's like it's turning into that stupid football rumours website

:aok::wink:

GGTTH

We all love Hibs but the dross we have at present Would bring a tear to a glass eye

MussiHibee
04-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Kev and young chris are not good enough. Sorry end of.

bingo70
04-01-2011, 10:00 PM
:aok::wink:

GGTTH

We all love Hibs but the dross we have at present Would bring a tear to a glass eye

Your no joking, thats why there should be a thread on its own for players who could do a job, you'd be better having individual threads for the players that couldn't do a job, there can't be too many of them :wink:

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Was he playing today against the Hertz? Beat 6-2 I believe. Hertz had Wallace and Obua playing today and Obua scored 4.

No sure but he is wasted playing junior he was prolific at Norwich in reserves

Smith and Grof could be leaving Notts County

HibeeMcGinn1
04-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Im good pals with Kevin and Gordons (jambo) cousin and he told me that Hibs are interested in Kevin. He hasnt been in Paul Inces plans.

scoopyboy
04-01-2011, 10:02 PM

Both good laddies but not good enough for Hibs, especially now.

Was speaking to Kevin's aunt last night and she was saying Ince has signed his son to play in Kevin's position.

I watched Kris as a laddie at Pinkie playing for the Windsor and in schools football and not long after became Norwich's youngest ever player. Bad injury ended his English career. Spoke to his father a couple of months ago and he reckoned Kris wouldn't go back senior. His other laddie plays in goal for Musselburgh.

Judas Iscariot
04-01-2011, 10:09 PM

He'd be a better option for us than Rankin, Stevenson or McBride..

Possibly Miller tae!

How bad does that make them?

muirhousehibby
04-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Both good laddies but not good enough for Hibs, especially now.

Was speaking to Kevin's aunt last night and she was saying Ince has signed his son to play in Kevin's position.

I watched Kris as a laddie at Pinkie playing for the Windsor and in schools football and not long after became Norwich's youngest ever player. Bad injury ended his English career. Spoke to his father a couple of months ago and he reckoned Kris wouldn't go back senior. His other laddie plays in goal for Musselburgh.

Norwich also seen Kris Renton as a Centre Half btw and told him so, had kris playing there a few times and he would have been still there too, but he hates the position and wants to play as a striker. :agree:

Winston Ingram
04-01-2011, 10:23 PM
I think we chop and change our defenders too often.

No need to gi the OP Daggers

PaulSmith
04-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Kevin Smith, ex Leeds and iirc had a wee spell at Dundee utd and his dad was manager at Musselburgh?

Bostonhibby
04-01-2011, 10:31 PM

:agree: Maybe it would be easier if we set up a Donkey Sanctuary where the tired and ageing can see out there days at their leisure and come and go as they please.

scoopyboy
04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Kevin Smith, ex Leeds and iirc had a wee spell at Dundee utd and his dad was manager at Musselburgh?

Yip, father more widely known as "Pogo".

Ormiston family but Pogo has stayed in Musselburgh for years. Kevin is the elder of his two sons and was with Dundee Utd but scored most of his senior goals on loan to Raith. Gordon is the younger and is still on Hearts books despite playing for Stirling Albion.

jackhfc
04-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Heard they're out of contract at the end of the season, worth a look in?

Look like pretty decent players every time they play us, and always s*** on our midfield :agree:

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Scuse me if this is a bit OTT but this is a forum to express our opinions as Fanatical Hibees and if we have to go down the lower league for talent then players of Kevin and kris calibre would be good additions imo for us ..Both have good schooling at Top flight clubs looks when we signed Hogg,Grounds,Craig James,Etc all came from Same standard where the two players i mentioned played at :aok:

HibbyAndy
04-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Id take both players in an absolute heartbeat..Players that are composed on the ball and dont try and get rid of the ball the minute they get it...Could have done with them at Tynecastle on the 1st.

Realistic? Not IMO..better clubs than Hibs will snap these terrific footballers up.

scoopyboy
04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Scuse me if this is a bit OTT but this is a forum to express our opinions as Fanatical Hibees and if we have to go down the lower league for talent then players of Kevin and kris calibre would be good additions imo for us ..Both have good schooling at Top flight clubs looks when we signed Hogg,Grounds,Craig James,Etc all came from Same standard where the two players i mentioned played at :aok:

You are entitled to your opinion but players playing junior football or not getting a game in lower English leagues aren't what Hibs need right now.

We need players who are better than we have got and now is not the time to be taking gambles.

Ed De Gramo
04-01-2011, 10:42 PM
giving that we're in a relegation fight, i'd quite happily see Rae in our engine room offering something different from what we have right now (which is hee haw).

R'Albin
04-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Quite glad i started this thread now:greengrin

Tbh i think our team has lacked a bit of cutting edge at the back recently..........

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 10:46 PM
As proposed by Bingo70, please use this thread to post your suggestions of whom Hibs could/should be trying to sign this month.

bingo70
04-01-2011, 10:48 PM
As proposed by someone (I'll find out who in a minute), please use this thread to post your suggestions of whom Hibs could/should be trying to sign this month.

:woohoo:

hibsbollah
04-01-2011, 10:48 PM
giving that we're in a relegation fight, i'd quite happily see Rae in our engine room offering something different from what we have right now (which is hee haw).

agree:agree: ive never liked Rae, but thats because hes never been playing for Hibs. Would give Zemmama some protection in the midfield if nothing else.

Prawn Sandwich
04-01-2011, 10:51 PM
How about making a move for AC Milan playmaker Ronaldinho by offering him a deal worth about £20m over three years? Hibs debt would still be less than the Yams!

Aubenas
04-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Dunno what he's like these days, but all of this has been said about Hartley and he's all that's stopping the Dons imploding. If we don't trust the manager, what's the point?

hibsbollah
04-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Id take both players in an absolute heartbeat..Players that are composed on the ball and dont try and get rid of the ball the minute they get it...Could have done with them at Tynecastle on the 1st.

Realistic? Not IMO..better clubs than Hibs will snap these terrific footballers up.

A treble swoop for the Arabs midfield Gomis, Buaben and Swanson would be fantastic:thumbsup:

Unfortumately, i doubt its going to happen.

keep the faith
04-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Lee miller is a really good shout. A loan deal to the summer would suit both us and boro.

Yes he can go down easy, but he is much better finisher than Nish and holds the ball up well.

stokesmessiah
04-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Lee miller is a really good shout. A loan deal to the summer would suit both us and boro.

Yes he can go down easy, but he is much better finisher than Nish and holds the ball up well.

Been suggested already but on a loan deal with Notts Co so already played for 2 clubs this season.

Good shout though, would offer more than we are getting.

muirhousehibby
04-01-2011, 11:29 PM
What about Bruno Berner he'll be free in the summer looking for a january move? plays in a few positions.

Anyone seen much of him

heretoday
04-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Gavin Rae is crocked.

delbert
05-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Yes and those experienced players like Nish, Hogg, Stevenson, Rankin etc to name but 4 have all done a sterling job up to now to guide us to safety and take us onwards and upwa.............oh wait a minute!

Peevemor
05-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Maybe we're signing David Murray's son? :dunno:

eastmainsmsh
05-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Gomis ,Bauben :agree::thumbsup: be trrifffic ....

Hope CC can find a few gems

Wotherspiniesta
05-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Maybe we're signing David Murray's son? :dunno:

Would it not be Murray, David's son?

Now, we just need to find out who David is.....:hmmm:

brog
05-01-2011, 10:33 AM
heard that he is coming over for contract talks. certainly hope not as he is ****3!!! hes not better than nish or trakys

As he's apparently signed a 2 year deal with a Turkish 2nd div side can we close both the Billy Mehmet threads?
Where's Jordi Cruyff?

steakbake
05-01-2011, 10:35 AM
As he's apparently signed a 2 year deal with a Turkish 2nd div side can we close both the Billy Mehmet threads?
Where's Jordi Cruyff?

On the 26, but he's just passed the zoo so he's a while yet till he's at ER.

AndersonGGTTH
05-01-2011, 10:56 AM
My mate plays for saints 19's, just gave him a text to see if he knows anything. For the record, Hibs played a closed doors game against them a few weeks ago in which we won 2-1, coming from a goal down, highlight of the match was apparently dickoh about scrapping with bob Malcolm!

My mate plays for '17s and is a yam but says if we signed him it would be a great signing ... :S

smurf
05-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I would like to see us go after Goodwillie from Dundee Utd. Rooney from Inverness.

Two players that we would sell on and make a profit on.

And from the Stokes "pittance" fee we got from Celtc there would still be change...

Phil MaGlass
05-01-2011, 11:41 AM

Look like pretty decent players every time they play us, and always s*** on our midfield :agree:

not difficult for any team to s*** on our midfield, Im afraid.

TRIALIST
05-01-2011, 11:41 AM
We are vying with Aberdeen for his signature. Blackburn have okayed him leaving them. His form has tailed off since the managerial upheaval at 'well however a handy aquisition methinks.

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 11:44 AM
We are vying with Aberdeen for his signature. Blackburn have okayed him leaving them. His form has tailed off since the managerial upheaval at 'well however a handy aquisition methinks.

Think he'd like to team up with Paw Broon at the sheep, Id take him though.Offer mare money and you never know.

McKenzie
05-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Gomis and Buaben?

take them instantly, aswell as conway on the wing (heard he is out of contract in the summer) PETRIE!! :brickwall

eastmainsmsh
05-01-2011, 01:05 PM
In todays scotsman it says Goodwillie interesting swansea could go for 500,000 if Petrie has ambition he would sanction such a move imo :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
05-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I reckon Ross Forbes would be a good signing.

steakbake
05-01-2011, 03:04 PM
In todays scotsman it says Goodwillie interesting swansea could go for 500,000 if Petrie has ambition he would sanction such a move imo :agree:

No offence to you or others, but it's these kind of posts which sort of do my head in.

Swansea - 500k and salary levels pretty much in the 10-15k a week range for their top earners and sitting 4th in the Championship with a possibility of promotion into the Premiership?

Hibs - 500k - where from - this is probably our entire budget for January? Salary 10-15k? Hardly. And sitting 2nd from bottom in the top league in Scotland with a possibility of going where exactly (apart from up)?

I know where I'd go but there are a number of factors which mean that no matter how good our offer would be, there's things we cannot offer.

There is absolutely no way on earth that Hibs can sustainably afford that kind of player or compete with the kind of offers which come their way.

If Petrie had blank cheques or he knew that we only owed our debt to ourselves (:wink:), then he'd make a move for such a player. It's nothing about ambition and everything to do with reality.

Removed
05-01-2011, 03:07 PM
No offence to you or others, but it's these kind of posts which sort of do my head in.

Swansea - 500k and salary levels pretty much in the 10-15k a week range for their top earners and sitting 4th in the Championship with a possibility of promotion into the Premiership?

Hibs - 500k - where from - this is probably our entire budget for January? Salary 10-15k? Hardly. And sitting 2nd from bottom in the top league in Scotland with a possibility of going where exactly (apart from up)?

I know where I'd go but there are a number of factors which mean that no matter how good our offer would be, there's things we cannot offer.

There is absolutely no way on earth that Hibs can sustainably afford that kind of player or compete with the kind of offers which come their way.

If Petrie had blank cheques or he knew that we only owed our debt to ourselves (:wink:), then he'd make a move for such a player. It's nothing about ambition.

:agree: just like I posted on another thread the other day when the board were getting slated yet again, some folk on here would have us bankrupt in 6 months

Peevemor
05-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Would it not be Murray, David's son?

Now, we just need to find out who David is.....:hmmm:

I have a friend who is Michael Jack's son. He's not dead you know.

R'Albin
05-01-2011, 03:28 PM

If Petrie had blank cheques or he knew that we only owed our debt to ourselves (:wink:), then he'd make a move for such a player. It's nothing about ambition and everything to do with reality.

:agree: just like I posted on another thread the other day when the board were getting slated yet again, some folk on here would have us bankrupt in 6 months

:agree: theres not a prayer we are signing Goodwillie or even players like Griffiths, Rooney etc who are now being chased by English teams who can pay twice maybe three times as much as us.

People on here may disagree but our best chances of getting good players on the cheap and not ending up where we are now is by looking in the lower divisions, producing youngsters and finding free transfer coups like Stokes and miller. paying over the odds for players like Hart etc has got us into the position we are in now.

aberhibsfc
05-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I see Cammy Bell the non-Hibee goalkeeper (one of the best Scottish keepers outwith McGregor / Gordon) is renegotiating with Kilmarnock with Killie bringing in a new Finnish GK for protection in that department.

Brown is our best goalie but if we could afford to strike a deal I'd like to steal him from Kilmarnock and from under the Championships radar. If we had a goalie like him he'd be pushing hard or even in the 1st team, we'd be able to bring in one and let go two.

It's just a pipe dream and I don't even smoke.

Hibs7
05-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I agree we shouldn't go down the jambo tramps route but how much money will Hibs lose if they do spend a season in what is now the first division, does anybody know, If I was Rod that is the figure I would be looking to spend to keep us in the SPL.

PatHead
05-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Notice Steven Thompson, ex Hun and Arab, currently with Burnley was being tracked by St Mirren. They reckoned they couldn't afford him now but would go back for him in summer when he is out of contract. Surely he would be a good signing? Experienced, can score goals etc

steakbake
05-01-2011, 03:51 PM
:agree: theres not a prayer we are signing Goodwillie or even players like Griffiths, Rooney etc who are now being chased by English teams who can pay twice maybe three times as much as us.

People on here may disagree but our best chances of getting good players on the cheap and not ending up where we are now is by looking in the lower divisions, producing youngsters and finding free transfer coups like Stokes and miller. paying over the odds for players like Hart etc has got us into the position we are in now.

It's also the way that Hibs will be able to build up financially to a position whereby we can raise our wage structure, deal effectively in the transfer market and buy in quality in the future.

At the moment, we need to produce our own quality. Of course, we can also bring in one or two experienced players but the overall process has to be one of development of quality, not buying it in.

I don't wish to be complacent, but I don't really think we'll go down this year and even if I did, I don't think that it would be avoided by splashing out hundreds of thousands on speculation in the transfer market for players that we cannot really afford in the long run.

If we can use the rest of the season to ensure SPL survival as well as creating the basis of a team which can give next season "a right good go", then this year has not been a total waste of time.
There are signs that this is what Calderwood is looking at. Again, it's nothing to do with ambition or lack of it. Our ambition should be to become a club which brings through good talent which can be bought at the right price.

aberhibsfc
05-01-2011, 03:54 PM

That's how Dundee Utd and Inverness acquired these players. We maybe need to aim at making the most of our football academy, wish we still had the likes of the two Park's as well as Stevenson to get that place buzzing. Other than that there will be good young players in the lower divisions, lets face it, we send our youngsters there to improve then fight for 1st team places. So surely there are other players down there that could come here and compete.

Without the 500k's for the Wright's and McGinlay's, even if we spend some money, we need to develop our scouting and coaching network. We also should be examining the excess players down south, Mowbray's knowledge of the English game found us players such as Shiels, Rocky, Murphy etc and the occasional player of the season at clubs such as Jones. I'd like to think being involved in coaching in England such as Calderwoods experience suggests we should be hunting the gems of Arsenal's, Chelsea's etc players that are going to move onto other clubs. I hope Calderwood continues to monitor the market for accomplished players but we maybe need to put more of a spotlight on finding and developing young players. There's nothing like your own or young players coming here and making it.

That post was waaaaaaaayyy too positive.

BSEJVT
05-01-2011, 04:36 PM
To be honest, Up until now I would have been in the vanguard of supporters saying dont pay what you cant afford.

I have a big concern though that the board are sleep walking to disaster this time as our current squad has nowhere near enough ability or especially fight to get us out of relegation trouble.

My fear is that by the time the penny drops it will be too late.

Make no mistake about it relegation will be more costly in the long term than taking on an equivalent amount of the debt that it would incur to shore up this team.

The board need to release substantial funds now.

I see no sign of Calderwood being able to turn around the imposters we have had up to now.

We are also IMO asking for trouble hoping that the guys we have returning from loan / injury can do so either.

The returning loanees are unproven, the returning injured are either unreliable or unproven.

The board IMO need to show the support some ambition / recognition of the situation.

Trust between the board and even reformed happy clappers like me is wearing thin, for them not to act now would be utterly unforgiveable, whether we escape relegation or not.

It is just too big a chance to take.

ancienthibby
05-01-2011, 04:49 PM
To be honest, Up until now I would have been in the vanguard of supporters saying dont pay what you cant afford.

I have a big concern though that the board are sleep walking to disaster this time as our current squad has nowhere near enough ability or especially fight to get us out of relegation trouble.

My fear is that by the time the penny drops it will be too late.

Make no mistake about it relegation will be more costly in the long term than taking on an equivalent amount of the debt that it would incur to shore up this team.

The board need to release substantial funds now.

I see no sign of Calderwood being able to turn around the imposters we have had up to now.

We are also IMO asking for trouble hoping that the guys we have returning from loan / injury can do so either.

The returning loanees are unproven, the returning injured are either unreliable or unproven.

The board IMO need to show the support some ambition / recognition of the situation.

Trust between the board and even reformed happy clappers like me is wearing thin, for them not to act now would be utterly unforgiveable, whether we escape relegation or not.

It is just too big a chance to take.

Just where do these substantial funds come from??

Hibs do not have that cash at the bank!

What bank would lend us money to invest in players for a league that cannot agree what the way forward is?? (story re 4 SPL clubs going to block the 10-team league!):devil:

Dr Jimmy
05-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Just where do these substantial funds come from??

Hibs do not have that cash at the bank!

What bank would lend us money to invest in players for a league that cannot agree what the way forward is?? (story re 4 SPL clubs going to block the 10-team league!):devil:

I would imagine we would have an overdraft facility and we have just received or are about to receive circa £250K for Bamba. Not a huge amount, but a start.

BSEJVT
05-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I would imagine we would have an overdraft facility and we have just received or are about to receive circa £250K for Bamba. Not a huge amount, but a start.

Exactly so and the Stokes cash

Where will they come from to fund the cost of our being relegated?

ancienthibby
05-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I would imagine we would have (1)an overdraft facility and we have (2) just received or are about to receive circa £250K for Bamba. Not a huge amount, but a start (3).

1. Not revealed in annual accounts!

2. Is this a loan deal (as LC claim) or a real cash deal??

3. Such cash much needed to meet current operating costs!!:agree:

Dr Jimmy
05-01-2011, 05:18 PM

I can't answer points 1 & 2, but point No 3 is one that I feel must be addressed by the board. If we are operating at a loss despite selling what/who we can then the board are not doing a great job. Especially if it is EM and the new stand that are/have been a drain on the finances.
I continually despair at the empty seats in the corporate part of the west stand and this suggests to me that they are either not needed or the marketing of them and that of the "match day experience" is not up to scratch. Get this right and you could make more money.
It is initiatives I am looking for from the board instead of trying to balance the books by continually downsizing the quality of the playing staff.

GreenPJ
05-01-2011, 05:32 PM

Re 3 - We signed Duffy on loan (?) and Trakys, Stephens and Dickoh in the Summer (?) would that have been the entire season ticket money? I am not aware until last week of any contract extensions so would expect something to be left over from the season ticket fund.

hibbill2002
05-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Huns ready with 2 million
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6636392,00.html

hibee-shtuggie
05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
with the festive football, i have seen a lot of match of the day the last few weeks and i am not complaining. My point in question to this post is to do with a certain team called Blackpool. I was watching the highlights of their game against sunderland and man city and there is a yound lad who they signed for pennies from wycombe. I think is name is phillips but don't quote me on that. They signed him for 200k apparently and he looks a real player. Hopefully if CC's knowledge of the English leagues is what we are told it is, then we might find a few gems down there. I don't know what it is with some fans(myself included sometimes) when we bat the same names around every transfer window. they are all players we have heard off from in and we just can't compete. We need to hunt lower. I would rather see some money spent improving scouting at the club and youth coaches than wasted on ONE quick fix player.

erin go bragh
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM
The currant buns are putting in 2 million bid for him [but need to git rid of a player first] also heard they are putting in a bid for cammy bell[killie keeper] so could be ta ta to mcgregor [good player goodwillie but a fin nutter when out drinking]
GGTTH

Dunbar Hibee
06-01-2011, 01:16 AM
The currant buns are putting in 2 million bid for him [but need to git rid of a player first] also heard they are putting in a bid for cammy bell[killie keeper] so could be ta ta to mcgregor [good player goodwillie but a fin nutter when out drinking]
GGTTH

Goodwillie is a total fanny:agree: Will fit in well at Rangers.

sahib
06-01-2011, 07:58 AM
with the festive football, i have seen a lot of match of the day the last few weeks and i am not complaining. My point in question to this post is to do with a certain team called Blackpool. I was watching the highlights of their game against sunderland and man city and there is a yound lad who they signed for pennies from wycombe. I think is name is phillips but don't quote me on that. They signed him for 200k apparently and he looks a real player. Hopefully if CC's knowledge of the English leagues is what we are told it is, then we might find a few gems down there. I don't know what it is with some fans(myself included sometimes) when we bat the same names around every transfer window. they are all players we have heard off from in and we just can't compete. We need to hunt lower. I would rather see some money spent improving scouting at the club and youth coaches than wasted on ONE quick fix player.

People assume these things. I remember everyone was going on about JC's european contacts. Nothing of any use emerged.

eastmainsmsh
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM

What if Bamba had Signed Another years contract and he is on loan at LC then thats clever if LC have first option and he impresses for somebody to make a crazy offer it would suit all partys .....Wait a minute :taxi

steviecarnie
06-01-2011, 12:31 PM
players like this is what hibs could do with over the short term atleast imo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisbevan/2011/01/birchall_battling_back_to_the.html

26-year-old
29 goals this season so far
Wales u21 capped so obviously had potential.

CHEAP!!!

Betty Boop
06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Charlie Austin at Swindon. :greengrin

khib70
06-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Charlie Austin at Swindon. :greengrin
:agree:31 goals in 50 appearances. That'll do me.

Signed an extended contract last February, though so money would have to change hands. (There now Rodney, have a nice lie down)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Austin

Albion Hibs
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Allan Connell from Grimsby is getting a reasonable right up. Found form since moving in the summer, back to a level where many thought he was going to move on from. Would probably involve buying as he is on a contract but we have a reasonable track record with players from Grimsby!

sunshine1875
06-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Hibs are Signing Peter Murphy or Danny Livesly from Carlisle, Scout went down to watch them, both well under the 50k mark

Also looking at Fabian Brandy used to play for Arsenal, Stokes Sort off Player

Kevin Mcbride in Talks with St Mirren, they like the ex Hibs Players

SOURCE: From the website that everybody loves to hate.

aberhibsfc
06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Hibs are Signing Peter Murphy or Danny Livesly from Carlisle, Scout went down to watch them, both well under the 50k mark - Don't know anything about them, anybody?

Also looking at Fabian Brandy used to play for Arsenal, Stokes Sort off Player - Have we not been likned with this guy before?

Kevin Mcbride in Talks with St Mirren, they like the ex Hibs Players - Yeah, they like their Hibby cast-off's. Disappointed though, there's worse that could be leaving before him.SOURCE:

From the website that everybody loves to hate. - Sickbag? Oh, the other one, right!

Petrie's Tache
06-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Tom Sullen has been released at nots forest.
Would be great to get him.

Hibs On Tour
06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
French striker Marlet - will score us a barrowload of goals and get him on a free. Source? Football Manager 2011...

ah'll get ma coat...! :offski:

muirhousehibby
06-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Tom Sullen has been released at nots forest.
Would be great to get him.

Do you mean Tom Mullen the young 18 year old Scottish striker?

He's is or was in there Acedemy at nottingham would be a good signing but can't see that happening, i'd be suprised if they have let him go.

We have young players coming through too, like kurtis etc

sesoim
07-01-2011, 04:43 AM

:agree: If a manager wants to prove his credentials at a team like Hibs, he needs to prove two things: that he can get the best out of players and also that he can find bargains. If Calderwood could do these things we would be at least fourth next season, as we have the fourth best budget in the league.

Fans talk about x amount of money needing to be spent, but smaller teams with much smaller budgets are way above us in the league just now, and that comes back to what I said above - Hibs need to start finding bargains again and getting the best out of their squad like other successful teams do.