Has Kevin McBride been released ? :confused:

PISTOL1875
04-01-2011, 12:18 PM
He's been told he can go...

Speedway
04-01-2011, 12:21 PM

The press are suggesting that he's been told to find a new club by CC. It remains uncorroborated however.

aberhibsfc
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
The press are suggesting that he's been told to find a new club by CC. It remains uncorroborated however.

That's my understanding, it's not been officially reported.

I would be happier sticking by him just now, he is not one of the players I'd be desperate to let go. I guess it makes more financial sense for Hibs for him to try and find another club rather than just being released, this way we may mitigate the sum required to end his contract. However there is not a lot of money in the game and clubs will be aware of Hibs predicament and may sight tight until Hibs decide to terminate his contract then pick him up on a free. Hibs have lost a fair amount of money in recent seasons trying to move on players.

I just think there is going to be such a movement of players from ER that we will not be able to find a sufficient number of quality players to replace them on our budget (unless money is being re-routed to the squad).

I keep coming back to the old adage of if you buy cheap you buy dear. We need to be looking to pay that bit extra for less quantity and more quality, that way we are not churning over journey men and raiding our accounts to pay them.

HenryMonk
04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
That's my understanding, it's not been officially reported.

I would be happier sticking by him just now, he is not one of the players I'd be desperate to let go. I guess it makes more financial sense for Hibs for him to try and find another club rather than just being released, this way we may mitigate the sum required to end his contract. However there is not a lot of money in the game and clubs will be aware of Hibs predicament and may sight tight until Hibs decide to terminate his contract then pick him up on a free. Hibs have lost a fair amount of money in recent seasons trying to move on players.

I just think there is going to be such a movement of players from ER that we will not be able to find a sufficient number of quality players to replace them on our budget (unless money is being re-routed to the squad).

I keep coming back to the old adage of if you buy cheap you buy dear. We need to be looking to pay that bit extra for less quantity and more quality, that way we are not churning over journey men and raiding our accounts to pay them.

correct, yogi was allowed to bloat the first team squad to 30/31 players, that has got tobe brought way down. 24ish in my view. 18ish senior type players with 6 youth.

since90plustwo
04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
would hate to see him go, he shows heart when he plays, and after a game if we play well he is always the one celebrating and coming over towards the fans. good player aswell, showed last season how goodhe was, we were not the same after he got injured

sesoim
05-01-2011, 11:19 PM
would hate to see him go, he shows heart when he plays, and after a game if we play well he is always the one celebrating and coming over towards the fans. good player aswell, showed last season how goodhe was, we were not the same after he got injured

He certainly isn't our worst player, so I find this news a bit surprising. At the same time, I wouldn't have offered him a new contract, because I'd rather scrape together every penny we can from releasing (all our mediocre) players so we can afford the wages of five or six better quality players.

The Harp Awakes
05-01-2011, 11:40 PM
One of the few players in the Hibs squad who shows a bit of bite and determination and is a decent player IMO.

Can't understand why he should be one of the first to go:confused:

FitbaFolkKen
06-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Not that surprised to be honest as he has only played 8 SPL games this season, could be he is viewed as injury prone? And at 29/30 he isn't someone that CC could build his team aroundin the long term.

RickyS
06-01-2011, 02:55 AM
One of the few players in the Hibs squad who shows a bit of bite and determination and is a decent player IMO.

my thoughts too, in my list 1-16 he would not be in top ten, but we have to trust CC to do the right thing for the club

lord bunberry
06-01-2011, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=mchibee;2680037]Not that surprised to be honest as he has only played 8 SPL games this season, could be he is viewed as injury prone? And at 29/30 he isn't someone that CC could build his team aroundin the long term.[/QUOT

He is one of the players I would be looking to keep until the end of the season anyway when you think of how many chances importers like rankin and hogg have had it seems a bit harsh that he is being binned without really getting a chance to impress cc

Beefster
06-01-2011, 07:58 AM

He's one of the higher paid and isn't worth the money?

offshorehibby
06-01-2011, 08:03 AM
The cut has got to start somewhere. If CC thinks he's not going to get much game time then he'd be better else where freeing some wages.

We've got to put a bit of trust in CC to get a team together for the start of next season. Hopefully there will be a few more away in this window.

RickyS
06-01-2011, 09:48 AM
He's one of the higher paid and isn't worth the money?

really? not doubting you, but a player released by Falkirk is one of our best earners! if thats the case then yes he has to go

Beefster
06-01-2011, 10:09 AM
really? not doubting you, but a player released by Falkirk is one of our best earners! if thats the case then yes he has to go

I don't know. I was suggesting a possible reason why he's been told he can go before any others (that we know about). He won't be on peanuts though.

This isn't directed at you but folk have been saying for a while "get rid of them all" or "only keep Miller, Riordan and the young players". The first player is told he can go and suddenly we should keep him!

lapsedhibee
06-01-2011, 12:37 PM
folk have been saying for a while "get rid of them all" or "only keep Miller, Riordan and the young players". The first player is told he can go and suddenly we should keep him!

Is almost as if hibs.netters complain about something, and then complain about the exact opposite! That can't be happening, shirley? :confused:

OtterHibee
06-01-2011, 01:11 PM

That may well be the eventual outcome but he's not been released as yet.

He played in our bounce game against Celtic yesterday.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Is almost as if hibs.netters complain about something, and then complain about the exact opposite! That can't be happening, shirley? :confused:

:agree: I would play him before at least 2 players who are currently in the side, but CC has to be trusted, and has to do what he feels right. And we must back him.