PDA

View Full Version : I'm hoping for a bumper crowd against Ayr on Saturday.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Reduced prices, different opposition from the usual SPL merry-go-round and the possibility of seeing a new player or two.

Zemamma and Duffy will get more game time and some players may have been moved on.

Add to the mix the fact that 2011 is going to be "our year" :wink: and we have all the elements which people have been calling out for so we should be looking forward to a healthy attendance.

Hibernian, Hibernian, ra ra ra.

:flag:

PeeJay
04-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Reduced prices, different opposition from the usual SPL merry-go-round and the possibility of seeing a new player or two.

Zemamma and Duffy will get more game time and some players may have been moved on.

Add to the mix the fact that 2011 is going to be "our year" :wink: and we have all the elements which people have been calling out for so we should be looking forward to a healthy attendance.

Had a look into some Ayr United forum yesterday: they're really looking forward to a day out in Edinburgh with a big team - there seemed to be suggestions of them bringing up to 1500-2000 fans through - no idea if that's realistic, but they sounded pretty upbeat and looking for a draw at least...hope we don't treat them too lightly:rolleyes:

BEEJ
04-01-2011, 12:01 PM
no idea if that's realistic, but they sounded pretty upbeat and looking for a draw at least...hope we don't treat them too lightly:rolleyes:
Given our record in league and cup fixtures over the last 11 months, how on earth could anyone at Hibs take ANY team lightly?

Plus Booth and Byrne available to make appearances. Much of potential interest come Saturday.

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:
GGTTH

Toaods
04-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Lucky to get 10,000. Money's always tight at this time of year and we're crap. They are no great attraction as not really likely to win. Ladbrokes might get my gate money.

Keith_M
04-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Lucky to get 10,000. Money's always tight at this time of year and we're crap. They are no great attraction as not really likely to win. Ladbrokes might get my gate money.

Have you ever thought of getting the job of PR man at Easter Road?

:wink:

Toaods
04-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Have you ever thought of getting the job of PR man at Easter Road?

:wink:

I don't conform to management dress codes...:wink::wink:

erin go bragh
04-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Still think its a joke that your season ticket is not valid for cup games :confused:
most folk wont get paid till 14th[well i do]
GGTTH ps 9500 tops

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2011, 02:00 PM
What was the score the last time we played Ayr United in a Cup game?:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
04-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I would say the attendance on Saturday will be between 8 and 9,000.

I can't see it being much more than that, to be honest.

Toaods
04-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I've never been one for the belief that 'not turning up sends them a message' but sadly, although we've been ion worse positions, I actually feel like I have no desire to watch this bunch currently. Without wholesale changes to the playing staff, an early exit from the Scottish Cup with likely missing out on the top 6 will see me find alternative plans for my Saturdays this season.

GreenCastle
04-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Last season we barely broke the 10,000 mark in 2 games in the Scottish Cup games at home.

I think a crowd of around 9,500 max will be there on Saturday.

Toaods
04-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Lucky to get 10,000. Money's always tight at this time of year and we're crap. They are no great attraction and not really likely to win. Ladbrokes might get my gate money.

lapsedhibee
04-01-2011, 02:48 PM

Something not right there. The match gets more attractive the more likely Hibs are to lose? :confused:

If you're suggesting Ayr have no chance of winning and therefore the tie is a hopeless mismatch, I give you Arbroath in the mid-70s.

Toaods
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Something not right there. The match gets more attractive the more likely Hibs are to lose? :confused:

If you're suggesting Ayr have no chance of winning and therefore the tie is a hopeless mismatch, I give you Arbroath in the mid-70s.

I meant to type 'and' rather than as.

You'll find that gives my post a completely different slant:

Lucky to get 10,000. Money's always tight at this time of year and we're crap. They are no great attraction and not really likely to win. Ladbrokes might get my gate money.

and I was at the Arbroath, Montrose, Q of S nightmares my point is that although I'm not saying they will not win it is unlikely and even less likely to draw Joe Bloggs along on a free Saturday to enjoy a good cup match.

Lago
04-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I've never been one for the belief that 'not turning up sends them a message' but sadly, although we've been ion worse positions, I actually feel like I have no desire to watch this bunch currently. Without wholesale changes to the playing staff, an early exit from the Scottish Cup with likely missing out on the top 6 will see me find alternative plans for my Saturdays this season.

Go on then give us a clue, what alternatives do you have in mind?

bighairyfaeleith
04-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Go on then give us a clue, what alternatives do you have in mind?

Strippers?:greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Strippers?:greengrinCount me in, anyone else going? :greengrin

Toaods
04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Count me in, anyone else going? :greengrin

:idea: for pissed off sports fans....

FISH.NET

:drool::3wise smi

BT58
04-01-2011, 04:15 PM
If we were to sign anyone,, would they
be able to play on Saturday, or do you
Have to be signed 2 weeks before
New faces would help bump up crowd

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Strippers?:greengrin

Not seen anyone dancing aimlessly around a Pole since Zibi left, so could be a go-er.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Many folk argue vehemently that a reduction in prices would lead to increased attendances.

£15 instead of £22 is a huge reduction, yet many don't want to pitch up on Saturday. Is there a lesson to be learned here?

Just as an aside, I bet a load more folk would turn up if we were playing Rangers or Celtic and that would cost £27, but I better not start another OFGTF debate. :wink:

Toaods
04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Many folk argue vehemently that a reduction in prices would lead to increased attendances.

£15 instead of £22 is a huge reduction, yet many don't want to pitch up on Saturday. Is there a lesson to be learned here?

Just as an aside, I bet a load more folk would turn up if we were playing Rangers or Celtic and that would cost £27, but I better not start another OFGTF debate. :wink:

This is a well documented drop in attendances period though, quite simply most people do not have the spare cash this month. Season ticket holders have to trudge along to buy/collect tickets prior to KO.......that is too much hassle for your modern day man on the street.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
This is a well documented drop in attendances period though, quite simply most people do not have the spare cash this month. Season ticket holders have to trudge along to buy/collect tickets prior to KO.......that is too much hassle for your modern day man on the street.

I bet they'd have made the effort if we had been playing the OF though.

Removed
04-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Less effort to go to the Ayr game surely. Just turn up and pay your money. I might even take the opportunity to sample the new east.

Niffy
04-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Here's a crowd of bumpers...

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/572/AD93E00D-A9FC-4A95-8795-6491B861CDDE/42-20322021.jpg

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2011, 05:49 PM
The sad truth about the Scottish Cup is that nobody, except the Yams, really cares that much about it till they get to the final, then it's a glory hunter fest.

And the Yams only care because they think that we do, far more than we actually do, because of our ludicrously freaky record in in.

Can't see domestic cup competitions surviving in the future tbh, more likely the knockouts will be at the end of the season in bigger leagues like the CL and US pro sport.

millarco
04-01-2011, 06:08 PM
We should be expecting a bumper crowd if the reconstruction threads are anything to go by. Given how boring it is playing the same old teams every week, I'd imagine a new team we haven't played in years will prove quite the attraction.

aberhibsfc
04-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I'll take anything as long as we get the win. Something to build confidence upon and buy CC time to gather a few deals this window to see us begin an upward in performances.

Jim44
04-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Ayr will think they've died and gone to heaven. A 50-50 chance in a cup-tie against the softest touch in the SPL with an nice little earner for their trouble. At least this game will give our players a chance to see if they have any character after all. No excuses.

down-the-slope
04-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Still think its a joke that your season ticket is not valid for cup games :confused:
most folk wont get paid till 14th[well i do]
GGTTH ps 9500 tops

It is...if you added Cup Top UP :greengrin

clerriehibs
04-01-2011, 07:21 PM

It would seem that the SPL chairmen don't see a variation from the usual opposition as something which might increase crowds ...

Newhaven
04-01-2011, 09:07 PM

A lot more would turn out but they wouldn't be hibs fans.

With the way supporters are feeling about the team and abject performances the players have put in we'll have around 7 to 8,000 fans at the game.

Ayr will bring around 1600 according to the post above whilst I would expect either of the old firm to sell the Dunbar out or at least have it 95% full

More money to be split between the clubs but not more home fans (especially paying proposed £27 gate fees)

monktonharp
04-01-2011, 09:26 PM

:flag:I wish I felt your enthusiasm,but dont. I will try to get along on Saturday,but maybe out of "duty" ,however as I've got a job booked in the morning and if more comes in,......... only one winner and that probably goes for the rest o' the season. sad about it,but feeling rather low in Hibernian terms at the mo.

Toaods
04-01-2011, 09:43 PM

statistically, even these pair pull less crowds to ER than they used to.

It would seem that the SPL chairmen don't see a variation from the usual opposition as something which might increase crowds ...

they are accountants and the attendances/income from such games will have swayed them accordingly.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 09:44 PM

Obviously, they're right.

Phil MaGlass
05-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Theres a chance of a few goals a decent atmosphere and a pickmeup from the yams game.
Healthy crowd, I will go for 12,000.
And no I have not been drinking.

superfurryhibby
05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I reckon we will be lucky to make it past 9,000. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm not going. The reason, simply that it is utter torture watching this team and I'm not inclined to spend any more of my hard earned cash on them.

Judas Iscariot
05-01-2011, 12:54 PM
They're going to bring about 1500, don't think we'll have anywhere near 8500, probably closer to 7000..

I'll be there though..

GreenPJ
05-01-2011, 05:37 PM

I thought you could phone up and pay and they will add to your season ticket card?

sesoim
05-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Yes, £15 is STILL too dear. When exactly did SPL clubs start thinking they could charge near-EPL prices to watch players who couldn't even get a game with Wigan's 3rd team?

If teams went back to basic in Scotland, charging reasonable prices (£10 to £15) and playing mostly young Scottish players (because that is all they could afford), crowds would start to go up again, we'd produce more players to sell to English teams, and the international team would benefit.

People have to think about why we always get put out of Europe by smaller clubs from poorer countries who pay lower wages.

down-the-slope
05-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I thought you could phone up and pay and they will add to your season ticket card?

:agree: But thant wont stop the excuse seekers

WindyMiller
05-01-2011, 05:51 PM

See post 39.:agree:

Hibbyradge
05-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes, £15 is STILL too dear. When exactly did SPL clubs start thinking they could charge near-EPL prices to watch players who couldn't even get a game with Wigan's 3rd team?

I guess when we, the fans, started paying those prices.

If teams went back to basic in Scotland, charging reasonable prices (£10 to £15)

It's £15 and £10 on Saturday and the forecast is that it will be our lowest crowd of the season.

playing mostly young Scottish players (because that is all they could afford), crowds would start to go up again, we'd produce more players to sell to English teams, and the international team would benefit.

I definitely want to see more Scottish players coming through the ranks, but I don't think that would automatically increase attendances.

If it was the case, teams in the lower Scottish divisions would get higher crowds.

I doubt many folk really care what nationality a player is, as long as they can play. If they can't, crowds dwindle.

Our crowds went up from 4000 to 20000 when we signed a certain, over the hill, Irishman. (Not a fair analogy, I admit!)

People have to think about why we always get put out of Europe by smaller clubs from poorer countries who pay lower wages.

Geography plays a big part, imo.

We have to pay more, because we compete with our neighbours, England, for players and their third tier offers higher salaries than most SPL clubs. Our players are easily seen and sourced by them.

The countries you talk about don't have the same problem.

son of haggart
05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Geography plays a big part, imo.

We have to pay more, because we compete with our neighbours, England, for players and their third tier offers higher salaries than most SPL clubs. Our players are easily seen and sourced by them.

The countries you talk about don't have the same problem.

They are also countries where kids have far less indoor entertainment (consoles, junk food, huge TVs, I Phones)

Just a sign of the decadent stage the UK is at. Compare with the last days of any other empire and the parallels are striking

Toaods
05-01-2011, 07:29 PM

good point, I have actually done that in the past but forgot this option, though I'm not going anyway.

... what excuse? Nobody needs an excuse to decide not to go to a game. It's called personal choice. You'll be spewing when you miss your first ever match then...:wink:

DaveF
05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I can't say I'm full of enthusiasm, but this is the kind of game where I'd like to take my son to so I'll probably pop along.

I take it I can phone up and grab a couple of seats in the terracing and pick up on the day? My lad isn't a ST holder so can't get it added to my ST.

TIA.

Removed
05-01-2011, 08:15 PM
I can't say I'm full of enthusiasm, but this is the kind of game where I'd like to take my son to so I'll probably pop along.

I take it I can phone up and grab a couple of seats in the terracing and pick up on the day? My lad isn't a ST holder so can't get it added to my ST.

TIA.

I'm expecting to just pitch up and patg. No need to pre book tickets with a booking fee on top.

DaveF
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm expecting to just pitch up and patg. No need to pre book tickets with a booking fee on top.

Cheers B. Wasn't sure that was an option but if it is, then I'll do that too.

147lothian
05-01-2011, 08:32 PM
nowt else to look forward to than a cup run this year, i wonder in petrie could reduce the prices to get a good crowd in?

Saorsa
05-01-2011, 08:42 PM
nowt else to look forward to than a cup run this year, i wonder in petrie could reduce the prices to get a good crowd in?it's 15 quid

TheMentalHibees
06-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Can think of a better way to spend my £15 on Saturday. After paying £30 to watch that game of "football" last saturday, Hibs have a cheek asking me for any more money.

Brooster
06-01-2011, 09:44 AM
As per usual there are too many folk on here looking for a reason not to go. The road to hampden begins here and I will be there to cheer the lads on to victory.

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2011, 10:45 AM
As per usual there are too many folk on here looking for a reason not to go. The road to hampden begins here and I will be there to cheer the lads on to victory.

:top marks:top marks

ahibby
06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm looking forward to going to the game on Saturday. For a start it is a refreshing break from a dismal league (performances) it is cheaper than usual, so the seven quid saved will be used to buy two beers (is that really all I can get for seven quid these days?). We have cocked up the league campaign so far so lets see if we can do better in the cup!

Hibbyradge
06-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm looking forward to going to the game on Saturday. For a start it is a refreshing break from a dismal league (performances) it is cheaper than usual, so the seven quid saved will be used to buy two beers (is that really all I can get for seven quid these days?). We have cocked up the league campaign so far so lets see if we can do better in the cup!

You can still get 3 pints and change for £7 in some places.

In fact, I saw Abbot Ale and another beer for £1.29 in Wetherspoons in Berwick at New Year although the one in Leith might be a bit dearer than that.

Hibs club members get cheaper pints too.

Barman Stanton
06-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Be surprised if there is anything like a decent crowd at the weekend. Season ticket holder, but I wont be going. A lot of people I know wont be going either. Totally disillusioned with the way our club is being ran at the moment, we are staring relegation in the face yet I really do get the feeling we wont see many changes this transfer window. If thats the case I will seriously have to think twice about getting a Season Ticket next season too. Whats the point in the fans 'standing up to be counted' when the board are not when we need it most!

Pretty Boy
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I'll be going but i can't say i'm particularly enthusiastic about the prospect. I'd almost prefer it if we were away, standing on the old terracing at Somerset Park.

The fact is it's getting harder and harder to blame folk for not going. We are absolutely rank rotten. I'm golfing Saturday morning but had it been the afternoon i wouldnt have thought twice about missing the game and getting a round of golf in instead.

It's easy to call folk who stop going when we are as bad as this gloryhunters but January is an expensive month when the bills from Christmas hit the mat. £28 to Tynecastle last week, £15 this week and 2 home games against either half of the OF at £27 a pop. Add 3 away games into the mix and thats a lot of money before taking a beer, a pie or taking the kids into account. It wouldn't be aas bad if it was value for money but we are paying to watch absolute rubbish.

aberhibsfc
06-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Given our current form any opposition are going to prove a challenge, I just hope we can see a win to build our confidence and galvanise the team towards the second half of the season.

The cup maybe be a pipe dream, this season more than most, but lets get behind them and see how deep we can go into this competition, other than that it's SPL survival.

Don't know about you, but I'd like to see Tam McCourt's & his tornadoes lifting the trophy before he hangs up his pitch fork. Now where's that brass lamp?

Simpson
06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Mon the Hibees! :flag:

lord bunberry
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I will be going remember falkirk a couple of years ago finished second bottom and got to the cup final I would bite your hand off for that right now

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I will be going remember falkirk a couple of years ago finished second bottom and got to the cup final I would bite your hand off for that right now

Ill raise you Dunfermline finishing bottom and getting relagated getting to the cup final, Beating Hibs over 180 minutes to get their :rolleyes:

Toaods
06-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Ill raise you Dunfermline finishing bottom and getting relagated getting to the cup final, Beating Hibs over 180 minutes to get their :rolleyes:

I'll see you...

with folk that never go to Easter Road full stop but get a ticket for the Cup Final before the majority 'because they ken so-and-so that used to play for the club'.

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I'll see you...

with folk that never go to Easter Road full stop but get a ticket for the Cup Final before the majority 'because they ken so-and-so that used to play for the club'.

:agree:

ahibby
06-01-2011, 03:03 PM
A big thanks to the guys who reminded us of Falkirk and Dunfermline cup achievements in the years they finished at the bottom end. A bigger thanks to Wavertree Warrior who won at 50-1 ensuring I can go to the next few matches! (I hope).

lord bunberry
06-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Without getting ahead of myself does anyone know when the draw for the next round is being made hopefully not during the afternoon news on tuesday again that's a right pain

down-the-slope
06-01-2011, 04:18 PM
good point, I have actually done that in the past but forgot this option, though I'm not going anyway.

... what excuse? Nobody needs an excuse to decide not to go to a game. It's called personal choice. You'll be spewing when you miss your first ever match then...:wink:

:faf: have a look at this thread then and you will see plenty.....

You are right nobody needs to excuse their choice...but plently seem to need to justify it with lame reasons.

I have no intention of missing a SC match.....as if the moon does one day turn out to be made of blue cheese....and we win the thing :crazy:...I want to have been there every step of the way and not just be one of the additional 20,000 glory hunters at the final :wink:

Thats my choice

SouthamptonHibs
06-01-2011, 07:29 PM
No chance i'm coming up to watch us for a few months, we are utter gash!!

Next game for me is likely to be the derby in April, the game after that will be the cup final if we make it, but not holding my breath.

My mate's using my season ticket for the remaining games, i'll catch up with us on tv, not looking bad so far with utd, St midden, Huns and Celtic games all live on ESPN and Sky.

GGTTH

Petrie get tae...."imagine selling Bamba on the day of the derby....yer a twat"

BSEJVT
06-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Dont think I have ever been as disillusioned with Hibs and football as I am now.

I fear that this board is blind to the peril we are in.

They have had time, and plenty of it,(i.e. since Calderwood's arrival, not the opening of the window) to get a new face or two in which would have lifted the club and the fans and got a bigger crowd in.

Although I have a season ticket and have had for years I can barely bring myself to go now and at this moment dont think I will fork out another £15 to watch the dross currently on offer this Saturday.

Having said that when Saturday comes........:greengrin

monktonharp
06-01-2011, 10:28 PM
I will be going remember falkirk a couple of years ago finished second bottom and got to the cup final I would bite your hand off for that right nowyou forgetting Dunfermline doing the same? not so long ago:wink:

Stewboy
07-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I presume there is a Pay Gate tomorrow?

Never got round to ordering a ticket!

12AlbionPlace
07-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Yes, just called the TO.

PATG in all stands

Toaods
07-01-2011, 05:33 PM
:faf: have a look at this thread then and you will see plenty.....

You are right nobody needs to excuse their choice...but plently seem to need to justify it with lame reasons.

I have no intention of missing a SC match.....as if the moon does one day turn out to be made of blue cheese....and we win the thing :crazy:...I want to have been there every step of the way and not just be one of the additional 20,000 glory hunters at the final :wink:

Thats my choice

what a lame response...:na na:

lyonhibs
07-01-2011, 11:27 PM
People appear to be forgetting one thing that Falkirk and Dunfermline have in common.

They're not Hibs, so drawing hope from their achievments in the SC is totally redundant. We'll go out in thr last 16/QF as per usual.

The above pessisimism has absolutely nothing to do with the fact I'm leaving for Canada the day b4 the SC Final date :greengrin