PDA

View Full Version : Media Craig Levein

TamHibs
03-01-2011, 11:20 PM
**** off you ****ing speccy Hearts ****!

That is all.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2011, 11:23 PM
:agree: Absolute fud of a man.

I've rarely despised someone as much as Levein.

Alex Trager
03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
**** off you ****ing speccy Hearts ****!

That is all.

Absolute joke, I would have been disappointed if he'd given one but not the other ,why? One was a clear penalty one wasn't... Absolute ********

RickyS
03-01-2011, 11:29 PM
:agree: Absolute fud of a man.

I've rarely despised someone as much as Levein.

you would think he would hide his bias a bit more. absolute bell end

clerriehibs
03-01-2011, 11:32 PM
you may want to go bumming with goodwillie and so pull him into your squads, harry potter, but what about his off the field record ... or does his not count? And kyle's, for that matter.

3pm
03-01-2011, 11:41 PM
What's this?

Saorsa
03-01-2011, 11:42 PM
What's this?I'm assuming he must have been on sportscene as the guest twat

TamHibs
03-01-2011, 11:42 PM
The guys an absolute cock, how long before we see Ian Black & Ryan Stevenson in the squad? He'll probably be looking to see if Novikovas has a Scottish granny!

Removed
03-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Still is on. Once a yam fud always a yam fud.

Jim44
03-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I get an embarrassing and totally disloyal surge of satisfaction when his team does badly and long may it continue. Well at least till he gets the sack by the end of the year. He is my most despised figure in Scottish Football.

TamHibs
03-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Good luck in your second year as manager, No Rob hopefully he's sacked by March!

Sir David Gray
03-01-2011, 11:49 PM
What's this?

He's the guest on Sportscene tonight and when he was commenting on the Hibs-Hearts game, he said he wouldn't have wanted the referee to have given one penalty and not the other (despite the fact that the Hearts claim was of the "soft" variety and the Hibs one was an absolute "stonewaller").

He then said something along the lines of Bouzid was a "tad fortunate" to get away with the handball. :bitchy:

He also said that he would expect most referees to produce a red card for the challenge that Murray put in on Black. I've seen it several times on TV and I don't see what the fuss is about. Probably a foul, perhaps a yellow card but no way was it worthy of a straight red.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 12:02 AM
He's the guest on Sportscene tonight and when he was commenting on the Hibs-Hearts game, he said he wouldn't have wanted the referee to have given one penalty and not the other (despite the fact that the Hearts claim was of the "soft" variety and the Hibs one was an absolute "stonewaller").

He then said something along the lines of Bouzid was a "tad fortunate" to get away with the handball. :bitchy:

I wish we'd been given a penalty, but we deserved nothing from that game.

I've no complaints about the referee.

He also said that he would expect most referees to produce a red card for the challenge that Murray put in on Black. I've seen it several times on TV and I don't see what the fuss is about. Probably a foul, perhaps a yellow card but no way was it worthy of a straight red.

Murray was extremely lucky to stay on the park. I said "he's off" as soon as I saw the, erm, "tackle".

Albion Hibs
04-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Did not see him on the TV but the above just shows what a classless little grunt he is.

He is no longer the hertz manager, he is the national manager and therefore represents this country, if he cant do that then he is really just showing himself up to be on the thick side.

Would also agree that Murray should not have been sent off, a yellow yes, a red dont be ridiculous. I know the goons in the ESPN studio were supposedly harping on about it, but not interested in that, was most likely them trying to fill the gaps with something to actually talk about.

Get a lift Potter and grow up, I am sure you can get a free ticket to tiny without having to s&&k them off on the tv.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Did not see him on the TV but the above just shows what a classless little grunt he is.

He is no longer the hertz manager, he is the national manager and therefore represents this country, if he cant do that then he is really just showing himself up to be on the thick side.

Would also agree that Murray should not have been sent off, a yellow yes, a red dont be ridiculous. I know the goons in the ESPN studio were supposedly harping on about it, but not interested in that, was most likely them trying to fill the gaps with something to actually talk about.

Get a lift Potter and grow up, I am sure you can get a free ticket to tiny without having to s&&k them off on the tv.

I'm a Hibs supporter. Honest, I am. I've had a season ticket for many, many years.

I think Murray was lucky to stay on the park and I don't think we deserved a penalty.

Levein may favour Hearts - I'd be surprised if he didn't - but he's not wide of the mark this time, imo.

matty_f
04-01-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm a Hibs supporter. Honest, I am. I've had a season ticket for many, many years.

I think Murray was lucky to stay on the park and I don't think we deserved a penalty.

Levein may favour Hearts - I'd be surprised if he didn't - but he's not wide of the mark this time, imo.

You don't 'deserve' a penalty, though - you should only get one if there's been a punishable offence, which there was. How you've played throughout the rest of the game is inconsequential.

I'm biased, so I can't give an objective take on Murray's challenge. Personally, I think he should have gone in harder, probably with a machete, gun, or some sort of WMD. And he shouldn't have stopped there, there were 10 other Yams on the pitch that he could have got as well. And I'd be raging if he was even booked for any of that.:greengrin

Levein, meanwhile, is as useful as piles.

Albion Hibs
04-01-2011, 12:19 AM

Your view mate, totally appreciate that.

I think if Black had actually been injured I may have believed the whole thing a little more, but he was back on in two mins. Both players went up eyes completely on the ball, one protected himself, the other did his usual and rolled about the ground.

One thing I would say is that in fairness to Black he has not come out complaining as far as I am aware, just the big nugget up front who is busy sucking up to the fans.

Liberal Hibby
04-01-2011, 12:21 AM
[FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Verdana]Did not see him on the TV but the above just shows what a classless little grunt he is.

I did see him on TV and his comments were pretty balanced. He thought Murray should probably have walked and contrasted it with his playing days when 'Sandy Clarke did it all the time' and said it would have been unfair if Hearts hadn't got the three points (if Hibs had been awarded - and scored - the disputed penalty).

Given these were comments not too dissimilar to those made by a number of Hibs supporters on here, I think there's a little too much being made from what was pretty dull punditry (as is the norm on Sportscene).

Sir David Gray
04-01-2011, 12:23 AM

I've no complaints that we lost the match as we only had one shot on target in the entire 90 minutes but we deserved to get a penalty. Many teams get something out of a game that their general play didn't deserve. Why not Hibs?

For Levein to dismiss our claim because he didn't want the referee to give one to one side and not to the other is utterly ridiculous.

Murray was extremely lucky to stay on the park. I said "he's off" as soon as I saw the, erm, "tackle".

I don't believe Levein would have said that if roles had been reversed and it had been Black putting a challenge in on Murray.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 12:28 AM
I don't believe Levein would have said that if roles had been reversed and it had been Black putting a challenge in on Murray.

There's no answer to that, is there. Your guessing about something that didn't happen.

I believe that you would have said the same if roles were reversed, and if you're honest, you'll admit you'd have wanted Black off the park too.

But, hey, I'm guessing about something that didn't happen.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 12:31 AM
You don't 'deserve' a penalty, though - you should only get one if there's been a punishable offence, which there was. How you've played throughout the rest of the game is inconsequential.

True, but we deserved nowt from the game so I'm not going to get upset over a marginal decision, particularly when a marginal decision went our way earlier in the half.

I'm biased, so I can't give an objective take on Murray's challenge. Personally, I think he should have gone in harder, probably with a machete, gun, or some sort of WMD. And he shouldn't have stopped there, there were 10 other Yams on the pitch that he could have got as well. And I'd be raging if he was even booked for any of that.

Now that's what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Sir David Gray
04-01-2011, 12:42 AM
There's no answer to that, is there. Your guessing about something that didn't happen.

I believe that you would have said the same if roles were reversed, and if you're honest, you'll admit you'd have wanted Black off the park too.

But, hey, I'm guessing about something that didn't happen.

I like to think that I'm always honest when it comes to Hibs.

I slaughtered Riordan after the derby at ER for his challenge on Skacel (even although I would have loved to have done something similar :greengrin), it was stupid of him to do that, especially since time was almost up and the match was finished as a contest.

I had absolutely no complaints about what happened with that incident, apart from the fact that Skacel was able to complete the game. :wink:

I would have been annoyed if Murray had been shown a straight red card for that on Saturday. If he had put in a clear elbow on Black, I might agree with you but all I saw was Murray clattering into Black in mid-air and Black coming off worse.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 12:47 AM

I slaughtered Riordan after the derby at ER for his challenge on Skacel (even although I would have loved to have done something similar :greengrin), it was stupid of him to do that, especially since time was almost up and the match was finished as a contest.

I had absolutely no complaints about what happened with that incident, apart from the fact that Skacel was able to complete the game. :wink:

I would have been annoyed if Murray had been shown a straight red card for that on Saturday. If he had put in a clear elbow on Black, I might agree with you but all I saw was Murray clattering into Black in mid-air and Black coming off worse.

I saw Murray using excessive force and being reckless and I was annoyed at him. Red card for me.

Fair do's, though. Your opinion was closer to the referee's than mine, as it turned, out so I'll stfu. :greengrin

By the way, losing to your rivals just makes the next victory all the more sweet. :wink:

PS I notice you didn't deny that you'd have wanted Black sent off had roles been reversed. :greengrin

matty_f
04-01-2011, 12:50 AM
I saw Murray using excessive force and being reckless and I was annoyed at him.

Fair do's, though. Your opinion was closer to the referee's than mine, as it turned, out so I'll stfu. :greengrin

By the way, losing to your rivals just makes the next victory all the more sweet. :wink:

PS I notice you didn't deny that you'd have wanted Black sent off had roles been reversed. :greengrin

I wanted Black sent off for diving.:greengrin Nid barely touched him! And what contact there was, was Black trying to do some damage to Nid's elbow.

The cheating wee Yam scrote.

Albion Hibs
04-01-2011, 12:52 AM
I did see him on TV and his comments were pretty balanced. He thought Murray should probably have walked and contrasted it with his playing days when 'Sandy Clarke did it all the time' and said it would have been unfair if Hearts hadn't got the three points (if Hibs had been awarded - and scored - the disputed penalty).

Given these were comments not too dissimilar to those made by a number of Hibs supporters on here, I think there's a little too much being made from what was pretty dull punditry (as is the norm on Sportscene).

As I understand from one of the posts above, he stated that Hibs should not have had a penalty then turned round and said Bouzid was lucky to stay on the park - not really balanced, just a load of piss coming out of his mouth.

Apologies if that is not what he actually said. If it is then I dont think it is really a balanced view.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 12:53 AM
I wanted Black sent off for diving.:greengrin Nid barely touched him! And what contact there was, was Black trying to do some damage to Nid's elbow.

The cheating wee Yam scrote.

Sorry, Martin, you're spot on. Please ignore my previous posts.

I was reeking.

PISTOL1875
04-01-2011, 12:57 AM

Murray's tackle was terrible.. I cant believe anybody would say it wasn't a red.. He was high and about a week late...

Sir David Gray
04-01-2011, 12:58 AM
I saw Murray using excessive force and being reckless and I was annoyed at him. Red card for me.

He's a Hearts player, he wears a Hearts jersey and he supports Hearts.

Now I don't know about you but I'd say all that makes him deserving of at least three red cards, never mind one.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 01:04 AM

He's a Hearts player, he wears a Hearts jersey and he supports Hearts.

Now I don't know about you but I'd say all that makes him deserving of at least three red cards, never mind one.

I'm intrigued by your definition of honest. :greengrin

G'night!

sesoim
04-01-2011, 01:05 AM
TBH, I didn't mind Levein too much before he got the Scotland job. You expect managers to be biased towards their own team. But Levein is blooming meant to be neutral. he is manager of the national team, and this isn't the first time lately he has shown his bias.

I might still have let him away with it if it wasn't for the fact that he is doing an AWFUL job, on and off the park, as Scotland manager.

H18sry
04-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Black's head rattled the ground when he went down and thats what caused him to require smelling salts not the challenge from Murray.

As for the 2 hand balls, Grounds arm did not leave his side when the ball struck it therefore no penalty, Bouzid's arm was up away from his body therefore that is a penalty, it is all about interpretation of the laws of the game.
LAW 12 – FOULS AND MISCONDUCT
Handling the ball
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with
the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into
consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an
infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)
counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an
infringement
Disciplinary sanctions
There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required
when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:
• deliberately and blatantly handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining
possession
• attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball
A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring
opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from
the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable
and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.
Restart of play
• Direct free kick from the position where the offence occurred (see Law 13 –
Position of free kick) or penalty kick
Outside his own penalty area, the goalkeeper has the same restrictions
on handling the ball as any other player. Inside his own penalty area, the
goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick
or any misconduct related to handling the ball. He can, however, be guilty of
several handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

So we should have had a penalty and them not :cool2:

Toaods
04-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I watched it a few times now and didn't see the physio or doc give any smelling salts to Black. I did notice the physio arrived on the scene, knelt right down and whisper in Black's ear..... "stay still, he's off." Perhaps?
Black lay motionless on the grass but was not KO'd or would have been subbed for his own safety. Notice how although the ref had taken Nid aside various Hearts players calmly approached him to suggest Nid should walk....of all people Kyle was IIRC the last.

Credit to the ref for sending them away, listening to Nid and realising it was a robust challenge with no real intent hence the correct decision. FJK was bumping his gums about it as expected but if it was that bad we'd have seem him going spare on the touching, whereas he was caught on camera laughing.

HibbyRod
04-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I watched it a few times now and didn't see the physio or doc give any smelling salts to Black. I did notice the physio arrived on the scene, knelt right down and whisper in Black's ear..... "stay still, he's off." Perhaps?
Black lay motionless on the grass but was not KO'd or would have been subbed for his own safety. Notice how although the ref had taken Nid aside various Hearts players calmly approached him to suggest Nid should walk....of all people Kyle was IIRC the last.

Credit to the ref for sending them away, listening to Nid and realising it was a robust challenge with no real intent hence the correct decision. FJK was bumping his gums about it as expected but if it was that bad we'd have seem him going spare on the touching, whereas he was caught on camera laughing.

I must admit I was a bit suspicious about the conversation between these two whilst Black was on the ground?

There again, I am a bit biased, and maybe wishing it was a ruse to get Murray red carded. :confused: :greengrin

H18sry
04-01-2011, 11:06 AM

I only saw it at the game and I thought that the trainer had waved salts under his nose, sorry for the confusion :greengrin

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I do hope that the first concern of the physio/doctor was the health of the player, not the possibility of making things worse for Ian Murray.

Murray really clattered into him and it did look like Black had been hurt.

Even after he got up, he looked groggy.

Steve-O
04-01-2011, 11:50 AM

I've no complaints about the referee.

Whether we deserved anything or not, it was still a penalty so surely you'd have a complaint that the referee didn't give it? I didn't know fouls were awarded on the basis of if a team played well or not?

As for the Murray one, I'd have agreed with you before I watched the highlights last night. The replay showed it really was not as bad as it appeared and I have serious doubts that Black was knocked out, given that Murray didn't even make contact with his head. Neck maybe, but not the head.

Steve-O
04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I do hope that the first concern of the physio/doctor was the health of the player, not the possibility of making things worse for Ian Murray.

Murray really clattered into him and it did look like Black had been hurt.

Even after he got up, he looked groggy.

He returned to the play 5 minutes after supposedly being "out cold for a full 2 minutes" according to one report I read. What absolute nonsense.

essexhibee
04-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Straight redcard imo..was dangerous and really could have hurt the guy. Shame he didn't.

Potter is clueless. To not play premiership players infront of old firm players is criminal imo.

Bad Martini
04-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Levein is an odious tosser.

I'm only disappointed I genuinely thought before he got the job he could do "something" as he (previously) spoke a lot of sense whilst commentating and pundiitting on the national squad.

Unfortunately, it was all PISH.

Now he's as bad as Burley ever was and you need only see the sheer relief on his face after we stole that game from the Lich's.....man we were lucky and as for his 10 behind the (hoof) ball tactics - man, he's an arse.

I'd go as far to say, I'd prefer the 2 hun incumbents than him and that is saying something, putting aside actual success and I include the GJP who sneaked along the M8 after telling us he'd be here forever. Such is my loathing for the scrotebag Potter.

ENDOF

clerriehibs
04-01-2011, 12:48 PM

A team has c. 65% of possession, but is inept in front of goal and can only score once, and then concedes a penalty, resulting in a draw match. Gonnae explain exactly waht's unfair about that???

What IS unfair is not being given a stonewaller penalty.

It's not the ref's job to balance out incidents, despite it being apparent otherwise.
He's not there to deny a stonewaller just because he didn't give a softer penalty claim to the other team a few minutes before.
He's not there to deny a stonewaller just because he's wondering whether he should have sent off Murray earlier on (I've heard nothing on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if jefferies had paid him a half-time visit to 'clarify' the incident).

So what harry potter should have been saying was it was UNFAIR that Hibs didn't get a draw out of the match as they SHOULD have been given a penalty. But we'd never hear harry potter talking up Hibs.