PDA

View Full Version : reserve league?

chrisski33
03-01-2011, 05:40 PM
dunno what folk think but perhaps the reinstatement of the reserve league would help hibs by our manager putting any 1st team players who arent putting any effort in a spell in the reserves in order to prove themselves and then in turn promoting any players showing promise up to the 1st team?

easty
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I'd prefer them to introduce some sort of 'B Team' system in Scotland, like they do in Spain. Having a 'B Team' in one of the lower divisions would mean we could keep our youngsters training at East Mains and pull them in to train with the 1st team if it looked like they deserved a chance, all whilst getting them the competitive action they need week in week out.

Dr What If?
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Abolishing the reserve league is one of the strangest things the SPL has ever done (and it has some competition!).
It allowed the whole squad regular, competitive games. Youth could test themselves against experience outside of the media glare and games even attracted some small crowds. Re-establishment is a no brainer for me, if you want better games you need better footballers, footballers need these games to improve.

No problem with B teams but they should play in the regional leagues. The McLiesh proposals could see a 10 team SPL with the second tier being a suedo reserve league, all other clubs playing regionally. If that happens I think its time to check out basketball.

aberhibsfc
04-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I'd prefer them to introduce some sort of 'B Team' system in Scotland, like they do in Spain. Having a 'B Team' in one of the lower divisions would mean we could keep our youngsters training at East Mains and pull them in to train with the 1st team if it looked like they deserved a chance, all whilst getting them the competitive action they need week in week out.

:agree:

To remove reserve football without something as above, was totally farsical. We can have all the disgraced politician reviews we like, without structures for player development how the hell can we progress our game here.

snooky
04-01-2011, 11:52 AM
As the OP said, that was one of the worst decisions ever made in Scottish Football. (A bit like when craftsmen apprenticeship positions were lost in the 70/80's and we ended up with '6 month' joiners.)
Personally, I don't like the idea of B teams mixing in with other league teams.
A bona fide reserve league will suffice. :smug:

gordieboy
04-01-2011, 12:13 PM
As the OP said, that was one of the worst decisions ever made in Scottish Football. (A bit like when craftsmen apprenticeship positions were lost in the 70/80's and we ended up with '6 month' joiners.)
Personally, I don't like the idea of B teams mixing in with other league teams.
A bona fide reserve league will suffice. :smug:
The B team would probably beat the first team