PDA

View Full Version : Good News (I Think)

ivan03
03-01-2011, 03:51 PM
was speaking to one of the 1st team Hibees yesterday, and i asked him about the miller situation. he instantly screwed his face up, and said he didnt think that would happen, he couldnt see him signing for hearts!

i know theres alot of you out there who are slating Miller just now, but on his game hes a top player and i would say this is good news, i would hate it if he left us for THEM!

The Harp Awakes
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
was speaking to one of the 1st team Hibees yesterday, and i asked him about the miller situation. he instantly screwed his face up, and said he didnt think that would happen, he couldnt see him signing for hearts!

i know theres alot of you out there who are slating Miller just now, but on his game hes a top player and i would say this is good news, i would hate it if he left us for THEM!

Not from me anyway. We've not got the players or system to get the best out of LM just now. We need to get him signed up and build our team around him.

Billy Whizz
03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Not from me anyway. We've not got the players or system to get the best out of LM just now. We need to get him signed up and build our team around him.

Nor me

bathhibby
03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I hope he stays as he had a good game against the Yams

CMac1988
03-01-2011, 05:43 PM

He tracked back every now and then and helped the defense out but other than that he was poor. His distribution and runs were horrendous for someone who is capable of much more.

He wasn't the only poor player and I amn't singling him out but I wouldn't say he had a good game.

He's one of the better players at ER and I'd like to see him stay. :flag:

Beefster
03-01-2011, 05:47 PM
A rumour on here turns out to be nonsense? Whatever next.

bingo70
03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
A rumour on here turns out to be nonsense? Whatever next.

I hope he stays just so those idiots that booed him and shouted at him for being a hearts ******* feel suitably embarrassed

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I hope he stays just so those idiots that booed him and shouted at him for being a hearts ******* feel suitably embarrassed

:top marks

SkintHibby
03-01-2011, 05:53 PM
i hope he goes to hearts. he's rank rotten.

Barney McGrew
03-01-2011, 06:06 PM

The sad thing is, the pond life that booed him won't have a big enough IQ to feel embarassed about it.

marinello59
03-01-2011, 06:07 PM

Rank rotten? Really?

Jack
03-01-2011, 06:08 PM

Aye there's no room for class in the SPL never mind Hibs these days.
One of the few that we need to keep. However he, like the rest of us, need to enjoy being at Easter Road and with our club.

Removed
03-01-2011, 06:21 PM

I've not exactly been vocal in my support of Miller on here but I'll start now. You're either at the wind up or know **** all about football. That post is a load of pish.

Lago
03-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Dear dear, rank rotten , is that the best you can do?

Ernie Cobra
03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
:jamboak:

nah whats rank rotten is being a "skint Hibby".......might i suggest you wouldnt be skint if you asked your ma for a tap, i heard she just won big at fountainbridge bingo:jamboak::jamboak::shhhsh!::spammy:

BEEJ
03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
The sad thing is, the pond life that booed him won't have a big enough IQ to feel embarassed about it.
:agree:

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2011, 06:29 PM

What about those of us who have huge IQ's but even bigger egos, to the extent that we don't care enough to be embarrassed as that would be considering the feelings of others?

Saorsa
03-01-2011, 06:35 PM
i hope he goes to hearts. he's rank rotten.:rolleyes:

Liam Miller is one of the few skillful footballers in the team, what we should be looking tae do is improve the quality of players around him, not get rid of him.

Aldo
03-01-2011, 06:39 PM
:rolleyes:

Liam Miller is one of the few skillful footballers in the team, what we should be looking tae do is improve the quality of players around him, not get rid of him.

J, I couldnt agree more mate. He needs someone else to take some of the weight off his shoulders...He is a luxury but quality at that IMHO. We need to try and keep our quality players.

Lets hope CC and DA can bring in a few to help him out and tempt him to stay.

Hibi
03-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Thank god someone else thinks the same, I thought I was going crazy!! Thought he was very good, snapped into tackles quickly although not helped by an early booking. More importantly having watched him closely he always wanted the ball unfortunately time and again there was little or no option for him. This is currently a lot to do with our lack of options in terms of attacking players and our current real lack of confidence.

Granted he hasn't got the ability to drive past players but he is one of the few footballers that we have. God only knows what would have happened with another de graaf in there who for me isn't showing anything at all, he was a passenger in terms of closing people down and his ball retention was shocking in comparison to miller.

BEEJ
03-01-2011, 07:48 PM
What about those of us who have huge IQ's but even bigger egos, to the extent that we don't care enough to be embarrassed as that would be considering the feelings of others?
Presumably those with huge IQs didn't boo Miller.

Steve20
03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
What are people seeing that I am not? He might have ability but when does he show it? Once every five games maybe. He is another gutless wonder, who I would happily see leave Easter Road asap.

bingo70
03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
What are people seeing that I am not? He might have ability but when does he show it? Once every five games maybe. He is another gutless wonder, who I would happily see leave Easter Road asap.

Think you've answered your own question there, although he's not been consistant enough, he does have ability and think the majority of us that would like him to stay are hopefull that once CC bring in his own players and there's better quality around him then we could start to see the best of him more often.

That said, if he were to leave i wouldn't shed any tears as although he does have ability as you say, we're really needing to get people performing consistantly well for us to start climbing up the league.

sundo1875
03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
what has liam miller actually done at hibs ?

scoopyboy
03-01-2011, 08:40 PM
what has liam miller actually done at hibs ?

Chris Hogg won a League Cup medal, does that make him better than Derek Riordan, Garry O and Liam Miller who haven't.

IMO he played a major role in getting us into Europe, not a common occurance for us these days.

macca70
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
He's done nothing, has been a massive disappointment.

I certainly wouldn't miss him, if he was to go as part of the forthcoming clearout.

He's living on a reputation.

If he has the class and skill that everyone above says he has then why doesn't he take a bit responsibility in games and get himself on the ball and make something happen. Instead, he hides and goes through games as a passenger.

Why did he drop down through the leagues and we picked him up from some team in Ireland, if he still has the skill and class?

I don't accept that it's due to the players around him. He regularly misplaces 10 yard passes and gets caught in possession.

Our midfield has been over run all season, the common denominator is Liam Miller.

DAVE1875
03-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Who was it you were speaking to? My cousin was speaking to Riordan last night and Deeks confirmed he's not leaving Hibs.

Jim44
03-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Ignore all the cr@p about Miller being useless. IMHO, the ones who don't rate him are blind, don't want to see or have another agendas. I've said before and repeat that, for me, Miller is important to Hibs and their future. A move to the Jambos would be a bodyblow to our situation and I reckon he would be a standout with them. If Calderwood can get to grips with our defence and get the midfield in shape, Miller will do the business.

snooky
03-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Who was it you were speaking to? My cousin was speaking to Riordan last night and Deeks confirmed he's not leaving Hibs.

Now there's a 'selective' quote that would bring happiness to many :wink:

Removed
03-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Now there's a 'selective' quote that would bring happiness to many :wink:

Aye but did he mean himself or Miller :dunno:

snooky
03-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Aye but did he mean himself or Miller :dunno:

Alas, as I read it, it's LM he's referring to.

DAVE1875
03-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Alas, as I read it, it's LM he's referring to.

Sorry, was meaning Deeks talking about himself, but that's still good news for Hibs

snooky
03-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Sorry, was meaning Deeks talking about himself, but that's still good news for Hibs

That is good news but did he mean January or ever? :cool2:

bob12345
03-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Do we have a similar situation to the Darren Fletcher in a Scotland shirt here? Just because a player has quality, expecting them to perform miracles at a role they're not used to.

Taz_hibee
04-01-2011, 11:05 AM

I certainly wouldn't miss him, if he was to go as part of the forthcoming clearout.

If he has the class and skill that everyone above says he has then why doesn't he take a bit responsibility in games and get himself on the ball and make something happen. Instead, he hides and goes through games as a passenger.

Why did he drop down through the leagues and we picked him up from some team in Ireland, if he still has the skill and class?

I don't accept that it's due to the players around him. He regularly misplaces 10 yard passes and gets caught in possession.

Our midfield has been over run all season, the common denominator is Liam Miller.
Agree 100%, apart from the 1st 6 months of last season when we were on a wining run & he was reasonable he has done nothing, and yet people talk about his POTENTIAL, how long do we wait for this to appear, he is living on his Celtic & Man Utd days IMO

camhibby1
04-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Do we have a similar situation to the Darren Fletcher in a Scotland shirt here? Just because a player has quality, expecting them to perform miracles at a role they're not used to.

We do indeed. Liam Miller and Darren Fletcher are asked to do too much for Hibs and Scotland respectively. As someone who watches Man Utd. a lot it pains me to hear people slate DF after yet another Scottish failure - the same with LM. Other than Deeks and Zouma there are no other natural footballers in our team and LM is left with far too much to do. He does not deserve slatings he gets on here from some folk and I for one hopes he stays.

Miller33
04-01-2011, 02:13 PM

I also agree with this comment, he looked hungry and wanted the ball, didnt hide from a challenge and his passing was better than in recent games. Theres just some people on here that will never warm to Miller for whatever reason. I for one will be delighted if he signs a new long term deal.

since90plustwo
04-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Chris Hogg won a League Cup medal, does that make him better than Derek Riordan, Garry O and Liam Miller who haven't.

IMO he played a major role in getting us into Europe, not a common occurance for us these days.

while we had our stint near the top of the table, miller was untouchable, he had steven davis in his back pocket. he may not be playing well just now but when he is surrounded by quality, he is one class act. darren fletcher for example, doesnt set the heather on fire for scotland, but when scotland plays well he plays well generally speaking, and at manchester united, he is different class. players are only as good as what they have around them

since90plustwo
04-01-2011, 02:21 PM
^^ wrong quote sorry, was meaning the what has miller done in a hibs shirt:wink::wink:

Hibee Daz
04-01-2011, 03:11 PM

Agree 100%, apart from the 1st 6 months of last season when we were on a wining run & he was reasonable he has done nothing, and yet people talk about his POTENTIAL, how long do we wait for this to appear, he is living on his Celtic & Man Utd days IMO

I'm with you gentlemen, we could be waiting for god knows how long on LM becoming consistent IMO he's had long enough.
Even if we do sign a few players of better quality it still wouldn't guarantee LM's undoubted quality rearing its head more than every once in a while!
If a team has so called quality players, then said players should be able to adapt to fit into whatever roll their manager is asking them to perform and I don't mean being asked to play out of position just be more competent in all aspects of the game i.e defending as well as play making!
IMO, LM doesn't show his quality or composure anywhere near to an acceptable level to warrant a new deal on the same money he's being paid just now, it simply would not be value for money and I don't think at his age he would be willing to take a drop!